PDA

View Full Version : Classify Latvian hockey player Zemgus Girgensons

Roy
02-22-2022, 10:44 PM
Is he a typical Latvian? Probably yes.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/photos/zemgus-girgensons-2019-33.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/901023210673713152/nLdbXwrL_400x400.jpg
https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/download.php?client_code=ahl&file_path=media/a51e9d1083acc533b2acf857105297bc.jpg

Russki
02-22-2022, 10:46 PM
Dinaricized Balto-North-Pontid

Sandis
02-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Dinaricized Baltid.
I would say he is typical.
He was posted by Satem, but i can't find this thread.

Finnish Swede
02-23-2022, 09:47 AM
Dinaricized Baltid.
I would say he is typical.
He was posted by Satem, but i can't find this thread.

Is he good?
How is hockey generally in Latvia today (junior organizations/resources/systems)?
Is there still simply one team (in Riga)?
Does that team play in KHL?

The fan organization of Jokerit (the only team from Finland which plays in KHL) commented that Jokerit should leave/stop playing in KHL (because of Ukraine situation). If they continue they might have 0 audiences in their home games.

Sandis
02-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Is he good?
How is hockey generally in Latvia today (junior organizations/resources/systems)?
Is there still simply one team (in Riga)?
Does that team play in KHL?

The fan organization of Jokerit (the only team from Finland which plays in KHL) commented that Jokerit should leave/stop playing in KHL (because of Ukraine situation). If they continue they might have 0 audiences in their home games.

In his NHL team he is a solid player in 2nd five, however his team has been in decline in recent years.
When Zemgus was a rising star, he got the most votes in NHL All-Star Game 2015 vote, although most of the votes were from Latvia.
We have Latvian Hockey Higher League, but there is no high level, many veterans play there, some foreign players.
The best current players choose to play abroad (in many countries) or in Dinamo Riga.
Many Latvians don't like that Dinamo Riga plays in KHL, but also many are very practical and say that regardless of politics, it's good that Latvian players can play in higher lever tournament and improve their skills.

Finnish Swede
02-23-2022, 01:12 PM
In his NHL team he is a solid player in 2nd five, however his team has been in decline in recent years.
When Zemgus was a rising star, he got the most votes in NHL All-Star Game 2015 vote, although most of the votes were from Latvia.
We have Latvian Hockey Higher League, but there is no high level, many veterans play there, some foreign players.
The best current players choose to play abroad (in many countries) or in Dinamo Riga.
Many Latvians don't like that Dinamo Riga plays in KHL, but also many are very practical and say that regardless of politics, it's good that Latvian players can play in higher lever tournament and improve their skills.

Wants to know one funny story :)? My mother once mention Helmut Balderist . If I'm not totally mistaken he played Sovjet's red machine hockey team late 70's/early 80's? As a teenager my mother had been surprised how Russian's team can have player called like that. Not Sergei, Vladimir etc. like all the rest. She mentioned about that once.

Yes, it would be hard play league with one team alone. And Lithuania or Estonia do not have high enough level hockey. So KHL is someway natural. Do you know is that team (Dinamo Riga) owned by Russian(s) today?

Even as Harkonnen will not gonna admit next, Sweden's league is better than Finland's. More good teams.

https://youtu.be/-GNBCWV-O8o

Sandis
02-23-2022, 01:46 PM
Wants to know one funny story :)? My mother once mention Helmut Balderist . If I'm not totally mistaken he played Sovjet's red machine hockey team late 70's/early 80's? As a teenager my mother had been surprised how Russian's team can have player called like that. Not Sergei, Vladimir etc. like all the rest. She mentioned about that once.

Yes, it would be hard play league with one team alone. And Lithuania or Estonia do not have high enough level hockey. So KHL is someway natural. Do you know is that team (Dinamo Riga) owned by Russian(s) today?

Even as Harkonnen will not gonna admit next, Sweden's league is better than Finland's. More good teams.

https://youtu.be/-GNBCWV-O8o

In Soviet team plated also goalkeeper Artūrs Irbe. He was the best goalkeeper in World Championship 1990.
Finland's league counts 5th in Europe by revenue after KHL, Switzerland's, Sweden's, Germany's.

Finnish Swede
02-23-2022, 02:01 PM
In Soviet team plated also goalkeeper Artūrs Irbe. He was the best goalkeeper in World Championship 1990.
Finland's league counts 5th in Europe by revenue after KHL, Switzerland's, Sweden's, Germany's.

Also the budget of Finland's league (teams) is maximum 5. Switzerland and Germany leagues are full of older foreigner players. Some of those will earn pretty well.

Finland's league is good for young guys to develop as a players. Same as Sweden's.

Harkonnen
02-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Revenue and budget is not everything you dumboes if league is plastic full of plastic teams.

Sandis
02-23-2022, 02:50 PM
Also the budget of Finland's league (teams) is maximum 5. Switzerland and Germany leagues are full of older foreigner players. Some of those will earn pretty well.

Finland's league is good for young guys to develop as a players. Same as Sweden's.

Yes, i think it doesn't reflect the real power, Finland's league has more talanted young players.

Harkonnen
02-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Yes, i think it doesn't reflect the real power, Finland's league has more talanted young players.

Excellent points. I think we can all agree, Finnish league, is best.

Finnish Swede
02-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Excellent points. I think we can all agree, Finnish league, is best.

https://youtu.be/6ubApMRorVE

Immanenz
02-23-2022, 03:47 PM
Dinaricized Baltid. how?:confused: probably Codeword for EHG/CHG - North Pontid (Nordic-Med)

Token
02-23-2022, 03:52 PM
Dinaricized Borealized Alpinized Balto-Turbo-North-Pontid with Gorid influence