PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever experienced a long period of time with not remembering your dreams at all?

Roy
03-08-2022, 06:55 PM
I think I recall not remembering a dream after waking up for 3 months straight. Sleeping but not having actual dreams is a rarity I suppose. Now I do remember them but my dreams tend to be very mundane and not colourful at all.

Petalpusher
03-08-2022, 07:34 PM
I had that and figured this out after many years that when i go to sleep less tired, i remember more of my dreams the next day.

At least for me it seems to work like that. Sometimes it's even "frustrating" to only remember bits and pieces of an awesome dream as often it continues several days or even weeks later, like a next episode.

Sarin
03-08-2022, 08:36 PM
"not remembering a dream after waking up" - happens albeit sometimes . Also , they are now usually like funky trips minus the deleteriousness in the setting of an ethereally pleasant feel during the whole affair , if it were be the best attempt to describe (especially the latter part was never the case prior to a personal 9/11 incident) .

Rędwald
03-08-2022, 09:00 PM
Never, I can recall dreams damn near every night.

gixajo
03-08-2022, 09:17 PM
I usually remember my dreams clearly just after waking up, as the day goes by, if I don't think about those dreams I tend to remember the details worse, or even forget about them completely.

But I don't remember long periods without remembering any dreams.

Although even when I completely forget what exactly I have dreamed, I usually remember the general sensation, the feeling that the dream gave me. Many nights I have a sucession of different dreams that have nothing to do with each other.

For several years, I have had lucid dreams, in which I am the one in control of the dream. These dreams are becoming proportionally more frequent than those in which I am simply an observer who does not control anything.

I usually speak about my dreams with close people, without looking for meaning or interpretation, simply "well today I dreamed...".

Ellethwyn
03-08-2022, 10:39 PM
Never, I can recall dreams damn near every night.

Same.

Roy
03-08-2022, 11:02 PM
I usually remember my dreams clearly just after waking up, as the day goes by, if I don't think about those dreams I tend to remember the details worse, or even forget about them completely.

But I don't remember long periods without remembering any dreams.

Although even when I completely forget what exactly I have dreamed, I usually remember the general sensation, the feeling that the dream gave me. Many nights I have a sucession of different dreams that have nothing to do with each other.

For several years, I have had lucid dreams, in which I am the one in control of the dream. These dreams are becoming proportionally more frequent than those in which I am simply an observer who does not control anything.

I usually speak about my dreams with close people, without looking for meaning or interpretation, simply "well today I dreamed...".

I've had lucid dreams too and I tried to trigger one voluntarily myself on multiple occasions after those but only I succeeded.

I very often dream the same dream too. :picard1: