PDA

View Full Version : Do I seem like a typical "rude" American?

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 09:54 PM
I was raised to be a Gentleman with good manners. I was raised to be considerate and polite, but I have failed a lot at that. However, most people who meet me in person say I am different than online. I take insults personally but I am working on that. I know most Europeans think Americans are rude. But in my neck of the woods, manners are important.

mitalit
03-17-2022, 09:57 PM
I dont think most Europeans believe that Americans are rude. They have a reputation for being very polite

lehlund
03-17-2022, 10:09 PM
At first I didn't realize how dark the night sky is. Then ancient horses, not like now, these horses were giants, raised a apocalyptic sandstorm. The world became blind for aeons at a time. And the sand drifted ever higher eventually forming the moon and the stars. And now against the brightness of stars in the sky, I finally understand, how dark the night sky is.

Italicus
03-17-2022, 10:19 PM
Serious question, would you have sex with a negress?

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Serious question, would you have sex with a negress?

No Sir.

Italicus
03-17-2022, 10:38 PM
No Sir.

C'mon, you wouldn't bang a sexy ooga booga homo erectus woman? I bet that it'd be fun!

RogueState
03-17-2022, 10:43 PM
Quite the opposite, the stereotype I have of Americans is fake politeness, with fake smile and over-display of emotions (will quickly start to shed tears for anything, will be easily triggered/offended, will be too much vocally happy, ...)

Italicus
03-17-2022, 10:48 PM
No Sir.

C'mon, you wouldn't bang a sexy ooga booga homo erectus woman? I bet that it'd be fun!

mitalit
03-17-2022, 10:56 PM
No Sir.

Very polite response from you, as a true American would. On the other hand, Italicus should be stripped of his american nationality.
Who would ask that kind of question to a gentleman like you?

TheMaestro
03-17-2022, 11:22 PM
Rude American is very wrong concept of American culture.

Americans are overly fake smiling and acting like everything is great and it's best day of their life.
I find is so retarted, but it's in the DNA.
That's why I like Jersey Italians, they will say you to fuck off if they want to.
Honest people the best people.

Daco Celtic
03-17-2022, 11:50 PM

Americans are overly fake smiling and acting like everything is great and it's best day of their life.
That's why I like Jersey Italians, they will say you to fuck off if they want to.

There is a lot of BS about Americans on TA but what you said here it true and probably one of the worst traits of Americans. We just can't admit when we are down. Our kids are great, the jobs is great, we are happy, etc. This why I miss my Romanian grandpa. He was honest about his misery and never smiled which was refreshing vs. fake Americans.

Italicus
03-18-2022, 12:20 AM
Very polite response from you, as a true American would. On the other hand, Italicus should be stripped of his american nationality.
Who would ask that kind of question to a gentleman like you?

C'mon Ardy, vulgarity and shamelessness are universal traits that are fun and adventurous!

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 01:15 AM

They're not real Americans, IMO.

Hulu
03-18-2022, 01:16 AM
There is a lot of BS about Americans on TA but what you said here it true and probably one of the worst traits of Americans. We just can't admit when we are down. Our kids are great, the jobs is great, we are happy, etc. This why I miss my Romanian grandpa. He was honest about his misery and never smiled which was refreshing vs. fake Americans.

Yes, give me the fake smiles rather than the real misery anytime.
Thanks.

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 01:17 AM
The Slavs seem to never smile. But I think the American "fake" politeness comes from our Anglo ancestors.

NSXD60
03-18-2022, 01:21 AM
Maybe on the web, but real life would be short if any of us spoke our minds like in here.

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 01:25 AM
Maybe on the web, but real life would be short if any of us spoke our minds like in here.

It's mostly for show, because I do put on character some times.

Gallop
03-18-2022, 02:04 AM
I don't know, I've never really met an American.

CordedWhelp
03-18-2022, 02:22 AM
I’m an American in the Midwest, and I’m a little stoic and don’t “fake kindness” all that much, I might say.

Comealongwithme
03-18-2022, 02:35 AM
I've never met an American before but from what I've heard from folks and seen online, you do appear to be sort of a stereotypical obnoxious American, yes.

Mortimer
03-18-2022, 02:42 AM
I dont imagine Americans as rude maybe a little bit ignorant, but maybe on intention and it is a cool ignorance, like all the American Presidents who mistake one or the other country for a totally other country, just lately Biden said "The people of Iran are suffering" but he meant Ukraine. Then Bush said "Are there any black Brasilions" or something similar, I forgot how he mispelled Brasilians but it was funny in german when it made the news. Also I think that Americans are intentionally ignorant because they are Americans and speak English and that means Supermen, and others must learn English. Maybe they know more then they pretend that they do. I also imagine them as open, that if you go to a American house you can feel as if you are at home, just open the fridge take a beer and put your feet on the table. Something like that. They also dont have fences, austrians have fences, americans dont have fences that means open, welcoming. That is what I was told by others who visited the US. Also the US is very big, and diverse.

Incal
03-18-2022, 03:03 AM
Well I had the disgrace to work with american customers for around 3 years and they are the rudest bunch I've ever talked with (second come the argies). At first I thought it was just me, but when I asked other coworkers they all agreed with me.

Universe
03-18-2022, 07:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8o-etvq1wM

TheMaestro
03-18-2022, 09:08 AM
They're not real Americans, IMO.

True real Americans are aboriginals

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 11:39 PM
True real Americans are aboriginalsWe don't have those things here

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Babak
03-18-2022, 11:50 PM

Yea but many cultures this way lmao. Especially menas.

axel.aleman
03-19-2022, 12:08 AM
Ni en tus sueños

Latinus
03-19-2022, 05:37 AM
Honestly, you don't give me a rude vibe, the opposite.

Even your ignorant remarks don't seem malicious to me.

And I've never heard of this "rude American" stereotype.

I'm only aware of the stereotype of Americans being ignorant about the outside world, which is far from being an unique feature of US citizens. But since USA is the most culturally influential country in the world, it's flaws will be more emphasized than the same ones from other less prominent nations.

Brazilians, for example, are just as ignorant as Americans about the world outside their borders, and we even have less contact with other languages (Spanish included) and foreign people compared to the average American joe.

TheMaestro
03-19-2022, 10:32 AM
We don't have those things here

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

You know I've meant native, you have a native trait. One of your white ancestors fucked one really hard.

mitalit
03-20-2022, 07:32 PM
C'mon Ardy, vulgarity and shamelessness are universal traits that are fun and adventurous!

You gangsters don't belong in America. Half of you aren't even citizens.