PDA

View Full Version : Classify 6 ethnic French people from Brittany

Oliver109
03-21-2022, 07:03 PM
These young people look so typical for French i think
https://www.bretagne.bzh/app/uploads/Inauguration-lycee-Diwan-Vannes-20sept2021_DR.jpg

Russki
03-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Atlanto-Med-Alpine

Something like that

Permafrost
03-21-2022, 07:12 PM
I see alpinids, borreby, gracile meds, alpines and north atlantic types.

Tooting Carmen
03-21-2022, 07:18 PM
I see alpinids, borreby, gracile meds, alpines and north atlantic types.

Something like that. Also, the guy second to right looks more far Southern European than ethnic French.

Oliver109
03-21-2022, 07:22 PM
Something like that. Also, the guy second to right looks more far Southern European than ethnic French.

The one standing next to the girl? he is i think atlanto Med, a French phenotype, he does not have the orange skin typical of southern Europe though he passes there well.

Tooting Carmen
03-21-2022, 07:24 PM
The one standing next to the girl? he is i think atlanto Med, a French phenotype, he does not have the orange skin typical of southern Europe though he passes there well.

He is Alpine-Med with fairly olive skin and raven hair. Not saying that such types don't exist among the ethnic French, but I'd guess him first as being Iberian, Italian, Greek or Balkanite.

Permafrost
03-21-2022, 07:27 PM

I agree. I think his orbital area is distinctly neolithic, he'd be a much better fit in Iberia.

From the left, 2nd, 3rd and 4th guy together with the woman look like the bread and butter of northern France IMHO.

Oliver109
03-21-2022, 07:29 PM
He is Alpine-Med with fairly olive skin and raven hair. Not saying that such types don't exist among the ethnic French, but I'd guess him first as being Iberian, Italian, Greek or Balkanite.

Thanks, i think his pigmentation is identical to the girl standing next to him and the two boys on the left, someone like Arteta would be the uber typical Med imo.

Tooting Carmen
03-21-2022, 07:31 PM
As an aside, this photo (if what the OP is saying is true) yet again proves that even the Northern French look far from identical to the British.

Faklon
03-21-2022, 07:38 PM
Guy second to the right can also pass in deep Anatolia and Caucasus, yes.

Defcon2
03-21-2022, 07:41 PM
They do not stand out in a crowd of students from Extremadura.

Oliver109
03-21-2022, 07:42 PM
They do not stand out in a crowd of students from Extremadura.

They have less Med influence in general though, the young man in the middle would be very atypical there

Alenka
03-21-2022, 07:43 PM
As an aside, this photo (if what the OP is saying is true) yet again proves that even the Northern French look far from identical to the British.
Northern French are collectively even darker than the small group on this pic, so the difference is actually even more drastic.
If you zoom in, you'll notice nobody in the picture has brown eyes, which is obviously not the case otherwise.

MobyD
03-21-2022, 10:30 PM

He looks like me if I wasn’t half SSA.

guyinsf
03-23-2022, 07:53 AM

Yes his features looks very Southern European.

Latinus
03-23-2022, 07:33 PM
Alpines with Atlantid and some Med tendencies.

Ruggery
03-23-2022, 07:46 PM
And Septentrion saying that 60% of the northern French have light eyes, and blonde hair abounds a lot XD
Most are alpine med.

Oliver109
03-23-2022, 07:48 PM
And Septentrion saying that 60% of the northern French have light eyes, and blonde hair abounds a lot XD
Most are alpine med.

Lol but he did say that they are darker than the English, anyway half of these have light or non dark eyes, this is clearly different to Diegoistan.

Africanwidow
03-23-2022, 07:53 PM
Them being from Britanny, I expected perhaps more Paleo-Atlantid and Kelto-Nordid types. In phenotype they just look like mundane French people.

Oliver109
03-23-2022, 08:00 PM
Them being from Britanny, I expected perhaps more Paleo-Atlantid and Kelto-Nordid types. In phenotype they just look like mundane French people.

Keltic Nordic is not common in France, though Britanny does have more Brunn and Paleo elements occasionally but nearly always mixed with Alpine, the cephalic index is as low as in central France.

Africanwidow
03-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Keltic Nordic is not common in France, though Britanny does have more Brunn and Paleo elements occasionally but nearly always mixed with Alpine, the cephalic index is as low as in central France.

Guess the Britons that fled to Britanny were absorbed by the native population to a similar extent as the Anglo-Saxons in England. Not to mention, all the possible migrations from other parts of France onwards as in England with the rest of the Isles.

Oliver109
03-23-2022, 08:08 PM
Guess the Britons that fled to Britanny were absorbed by the native population to a similar extent as the Anglo-Saxons in England. Not to mention, all the possible migrations from other parts of France onwards as in England with the rest of the Isles.

According to Coon the anthropologist Britanny was not settled en masse by the British though the northern coast has more British elements in the population, this photo i put i think was from central Britanny.

Africanwidow
03-23-2022, 08:12 PM

According to Coon the anthropologist Britanny was not settled en masse by the British though the northern coast has more British elements in the population, this photo i put i think was from central Britanny.

I believe Coon mentioned Nordid influences in north-western most France due to historical Saxon and Frankish settlements. Those people would look closer to the Flemish/Southern Dutch than the rest of France.

Russki
03-24-2022, 07:49 PM
He looks like me if I wasn’t half SSA.

That's one hell of a take.

MobyD
03-24-2022, 11:50 PM
That's one hell of a take.

Your point?

BlackBeastofArgh
03-25-2022, 01:34 AM

My impression is that the two guys in the middle are the only ones who could reasonably easily pass as British among the six, and I have some doubts about the older guy in the suit (I assume he's the teacher of the other five?). However, the chubbiness of the older guy makes him hard to classify.

All the others have varying mixtures of Alpine and Med, and the first boy from the left strikes me as Dinaricized in a way that is too strong for even British Keltic Nordics, who have a much more diluted Dinaric element.

Cristiano viejo
03-25-2022, 05:36 PM
Lack of blondism is alarming.

Russki
03-25-2022, 09:10 PM
Your point?

You basically said that you look completely different, but if you were another person, you'd look similar.

MobyD
03-25-2022, 11:04 PM
You basically said that you look completely different, but if you were another person, you'd look similar.

OK then...anything else?

Russki
03-25-2022, 11:23 PM
OK then...anything else?

No, it wasn't going to be a long conversation.

aherne
03-26-2022, 08:55 PM
Typical for the dark spectrum and quite similar to Spaniards. It's as if the other half (light spectrum) was purposefully omitted...

Oliver109
03-26-2022, 09:45 PM
Typical for the dark spectrum and quite similar to Spaniards. It's as if the other half (light spectrum) was purposefully omitted...

Hmm, i would say the young man in the blue shirt in the middle looks very light, more British infact.