PDA

View Full Version : Do these Irish police look more similar to the Danish or the French?

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 07:28 PM
A Garda training video from Dublin, go to 2:34 to see a scene of the whole training class, they are all very fair and northern looking, lighter than the southern English though probably no more blonde, they look different to the French a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDLvlk9B-uw

Justiciero
04-18-2022, 07:31 PM
They look spanish (according spaniards)

Immanenz
04-18-2022, 07:32 PM
I think iceland/ Norway are closer to British isles people than Danes usually are, but i agree they look more like Northeuros compared to France

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 07:38 PM
I think iceland/ Norway are closer to British isles people than Danes usually are, but i agree they look more like Northeuros compared to France

Thanks, i think Norwegians might actually have more Baltid, Saami influence so they are not that similar, Denmark seems to have more regular north Euro looks, Scandinavia proper is more eastern shifted in general.

Immanenz
04-18-2022, 07:40 PM
Thanks, i think Norwegians might actually have more Baltid, Saami influence so they are not that similar, Denmark seems to have more regular north Euro looks, Scandinavia proper is more eastern shifted in general.

well, mabe thats true, but some people strike me as British-esque looking, while Danes do not- at least to me, but it depends, they might be closer to South England in a way.

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 07:43 PM
well, mabe thats true, but some people strike me as British-esque looking, while Danes do not- at least to me, but it depends, they might be closer to South England in a way.

I agree, having seen pics and footage of Norwegians as well as tourists here there are some who do look very British but then many who don't like that very infamous one or Haaland, it is an interesting mix of people

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 07:48 PM
On the other hand someone like the Norway singer Sigrid looks uber typical across Britain

Banderas
04-18-2022, 07:52 PM
On the other hand someone like the Norway singer Sigrid looks uber typical across Britain
What would you classify her as

Roy
04-18-2022, 07:55 PM
Hard to say. I would say they look equally similar and dissimilar to both. What did surprise was ... that I only spotted one redhead. :D

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 07:58 PM
What would you classify her as

N atlantid with Corded or tronder influence

Banderas
04-18-2022, 08:08 PM
They have a very distinct Irish and northwestern appearance overall so its difficult. However I'd say closest to Northern France since its a phenotypically diverse region, there are those with obvious Mediterranean influences aswell as there are people who can pass as Danish

Richmondbread
04-18-2022, 08:24 PM
Iberian/Southern French-Spain. I see a lot of Irish with Dark hair, but rather fair skin. Their features are some times med influenced.

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 08:59 PM
Iberian/Southern French-Spain. I see a lot of Irish with Dark hair, but rather fair skin. Their features are some times med influenced.

I suppose but the Irish are too consistently fair to have similarity with more than 30% of French or 10% of Iberians.

SangreAzul
04-18-2022, 09:07 PM

Absolutely do. Best fit in a Spain before any other country of sure. And you prove it when you come here and see how we look like our brothers in the north

gixajo
04-18-2022, 09:11 PM

Have we Spaniards named you our spokesperson?

You talk about yourself, don't talk about me. Thank you.

Richmondbread
04-18-2022, 09:35 PM
I suppose but the Irish are too consistently fair to have similarity with more than 30% of French or 10% of Iberians.

They def. look more Spanish than Danish. Spainards are fair in the North region.

Tooting Carmen
04-18-2022, 09:55 PM
Intermediate.

SangreAzul
04-18-2022, 10:18 PM
They def. look more Spanish than Danish. Spainards are fair in the North region.

Yes we of course are. We are celtic. The irish come from us, thank god from us bringing them their beauties.

Oliver109
04-18-2022, 10:39 PM

Lol don't base your view of the N Spanish on Mr Viejo, they are tanned or golden in complexion there like anywhere in the country, especially Galicians. there is a fair skinned minority there but like i said they would not be more than a quarter of the population.

Richmondbread
04-19-2022, 11:17 PM
Lol don't base your view of the N Spanish on Mr Viejo, they are tanned or golden in complexion there like anywhere in the country, especially Galicians. there is a fair skinned minority there but like i said they would not be more than a quarter of the population.I am part Catalan

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Oliver109
04-19-2022, 11:28 PM
I am part Catalan

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I never knew, you pass there i think.