PDA

View Full Version : How do you express your creativity?

Aemma
04-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Creativity is a very broad subject and can manifest itself in many ways in the human being. Some of us act, sing, dance, play an instrument or two, draw, paint, spin yarn, fashion items out of yarn, fabric, wood. Some of us paint with flowers and other plants or show our creativity in what and how we cook or bake. Some of us write poems, stories, articles, songs. The list is endless really.....

There is no shortage of ways to express our unique selves--individual Being--in this world. How do you express your own Being using your creativity?

Cheers All!...Aemma

Frigga
04-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Well, I'll go ahead answer your question! How do I express my uniqueness? Well, you've already mentioned most of them! I knit, crochet, and spin yarn. I also sing, (I have declined in the quality of my voice from not practising, like Elizabeth Bennet :rolleyes:) I play the violin, (badly, and I hate practising when others can hear how bad I sound! :D) and can pick up music by ear on the piano. I also can draw, and paint (a little). I had a pipe dream when I was younger of becoming an animator for Disney studios, but chickened out on going to art school. I didn't feel that I would have fit in with those rebellious art students. I also write poetry, (not very often, most of it was written after a bad breakup, it's very petty, dark, and depressing :rolleyes:).

I also try to cook good, wholesome, healthy food, with plenty of ingredients that the modern medical establishment with demonize as toxic, and that I will keel over from a heart attack at any moment because of my wicked ways. But, I am a nutritional dissident, as I've learned that most of what the modern media has told us are lies, as far as nutrition goes. I also do lacto-fermentation with vegetables, and milk, as I've learned that these food products are incredibly healthy for you.

I am also an unapolgetic ham, and will be goofy for any reason, making up silly voices for whatever the occasion calls for, quoting Monty Python at will. For that reason, I went to a voice acting seminar, and had a really good time! When we have enough money, I want to go to school for it, because you have no idea how fun something like that is for someone like me!

I also try to express my creativity, and uniqueness, by the type of animals that I have. I didn't choose my cats for their unique qualities, they just happened, but we chose our dog because we liked the Bouvier breed, and because it is a rare breed. And we named her Nietzche. (I know I misspelled the name, I left out the "s") And when we got our cattle, we didn't want just plain old Angus beef cattle, like eveyone else around here, we wanted something different. So, we got Scottish Highland Cattle, and named them very distinctive names, after Scottish whisky distilleries, Jura, Scapa, Deanston, and Dalmore.

For Halloween one year, I wanted to have a unique costume. So, I dressed up as a knitting metalhead from the 80's. That was fun. What was even more fun was peoples reaction to my costume. Most people just didn't get it, and thought that knitting didn't go with my costume, and that it didn't make sense. Well duh! That's the whole point! Most people associate knitting with old grannies, not a young woman with backcombed hair, a Motorhead t-shirt, and leather jacket with knitting a blue scarf. :rolleyes:

Well, that quite a character study huh? I should probably let someone else go now!

:D

Loki
04-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I honour the life and works of Ben Klassen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Klassen1.jpg

:D