PDA

View Full Version : Inselaffe - I learnt a new word today

Wulfhere
11-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Inselaffe - "Island Monkeys" - this is what the Germans call us. Well, if so, I am proud to be an Inselaffe. Better that, than being German. In fact, I would even rather be French, than German. We don't actually need another insulting term other than "German", because "German" is as bad as it gets.

Peasant
11-08-2011, 11:46 PM
You've only JUST learnt it? Really?

Wulfhere
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM
You've only JUST learnt it? Really?

Yes. But then, since I have virtually no intercourse with Europeans, perhaps it's not so surprising

Peasant
11-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes. But then, since I have virtually no intercourse with Europeans, perhaps it's not so surprising

So you mainly have intercourse with non-whites? :D

Wulfhere
11-08-2011, 11:54 PM
So you mainly have intercourse with non-whites? :D

No, I have no intercourse with non-whites.

Scrapple
11-08-2011, 11:57 PM
So you don't have intercourse at all.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Do you care that much about what the Germans call us? Inselaffe is actually quite a nice 'insult', in my opinion.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:07 AM
So you don't have intercourse at all.

There are more people in the world than Europeans and non-whites, you know.

Unurautare
11-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Inselaffe - "Island Monkeys" - this is what the Germans call us. Well, if so, I am proud to be an Inselaffe. Better that, than being German. In fact, I would even rather be French, than German. We don't actually need another insulting term other than "German", because "German" is as bad as it gets.

Funniest random I've read so far. I call you teadrinkers btw. :coffee:

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Do you care that much about what the Germans call us? Inselaffe is actually quite a nice 'insult', in my opinion.

No, I don't care what the Germans call us. I only care about insults from people I respect and like.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:12 AM
No, I don't care what the Germans call us. I only care about insults from people I respect and like.

At one point we referred to the Germans as 'Baby Killing Kraut-Monsters', so 'Inselaffe' seems pretty tame to me. :cool:

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:13 AM
At one point we referred to the Germans as 'Baby Killing Kraut-Monsters', so 'Inselaffe' seems pretty tame to me. :cool:

Doesn't matter. I have no respect for a race that tried to destroy us.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Doesn't matter. I have no respect for a race that tried to destroy us.

They probably thought the same of us.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:19 AM
They probably thought the same of us.

I'm sure the Muslims think that too.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
We're in the same boat as Germany. If we rock it too much (by coming out with stupid crap like 'I have no respect for Germans') we'll all fall in and get swept away in the Islamic tide.

Scrapple
11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
There are more people in the world than Europeans and non-whites, you know.

Um Lizard people?

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:24 AM
We're in the same boat as Germany. If we rock it too much (by coming out with stupid crap like 'I have no respect for Germans') we'll all fall in and get swept away in the Islamic tide.

The Germans have always sided with the Muslims, and that's most of the reason why we're in the mess that we are. Germans are no friends to us, nor indeed to Europe.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:26 AM
The Germans have always sided with the Muslims, and that's most of the reason why we're in the mess that we are. Germans are no friends to us, nor indeed to Europe.

Shit, I think you're right. I forgot how happy the Germans are to share their country with the Turks. The Germans sided with the Ottomans in WW1, so what? We hate the French, but we still fought with them in Crimea and WW1.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Shit, I think you're right. I forgot how happy the Germans are to share their country with the Turks. The Germans sided with the Ottomans in WW1, so what? We hate the French, but we still fought with them in Crimea and WW1.

Hitler was pro-Muslim, and as far as I'm concerned Hitler represents Germany.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Hitler was pro-Muslim, and as far as I'm concerned Hitler represents Germany.

At one point, yes. At one point he was pro-English, too.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
At one point, yes. At one point he was pro-English, too.

Only on his terms. Didn't stop him trying to bomb us to destruction. That's why I can't ever forgive or trust the Germans.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Only on his terms. Didn't stop him trying to bomb us to destruction. That's why I can't ever forgive or trust the Germans.

If it comforts you in any way (not that it should), the RAF hit back a lot harder than the Luftwaffe ever did during the 1,000 bomber raids. I am half Dutch. Not only did the Germans bomb the Dutch, but they were starved and had their bikes stolen. We've learnt to forgive, though. :cool:

The Germans are good people. Some even have a good sense of humour.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
If it comforts you in any way (not that it should), the RAF hit back a lot harder than the Luftwaffe ever did during the 1,000 bomber raids. I am half Dutch. Not only did the Germans bomb the Dutch, but they were starved and had their bikes stolen. We've learnt to forgive, though. :cool:

The Germans are good people. Some even have a good sense of humour.

Yes, the RAF hit back much harder - when they were finally able to - because the German attacks were unprovoked. We almost succumbed to invasion, and had to fight very, very hard to remain free, and in the process had to sell our empire to the Americans. When we finally got the chance, we should have bombed them to destruction and killed every last one of them.

arcticwolf
11-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Do you really feel that way? If you had a chance would you kill every German man, woman and child? Is your hatred that intense? I find it hard to understand, and I am Polish.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Yes, the RAF hit back much harder - when they were finally able to - because the German attacks were unprovoked. We almost succumbed to invasion, and had to fight very, very hard to remain free, and in the process had to sell our empire to the Americans. When we finally got the chance, we should have bombed them to destruction and killed every last one of them.

I disagree. The Germans are just like us (okay, they make crap sausage and wear leather pants), so there would have been no point in bombing them any more. The Luftwaffe sort of started the Blitz. One dumbass pilot (who was told not to bomb any civilian areas) dropped their load over east London when his plane was hit by gunfire. We assumed that he'd been ordered to bomb us, so we returned fire and made quite an unsuccessful raid on Berlin. The Germans copied this attack, and that's how the blitz started.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Do you really feel that way? If you had a chance would you kill every German man, woman and child? Is your hatred that intense? I find it hard to understand, and I am Polish.

I would have done in 1945, if I had had the chance. Today, I would just rather not be a member of any club they're in.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 01:05 AM
I disagree. The Germans are just like us (okay, they make crap sausage and wear leather pants), so there would have been no point in bombing them any more. The Luftwaffe sort of started the Blitz. One dumbass pilot (who was told not to bomb any civilian areas) dropped their load over east London when his plane was hit by gunfire. We assumed that he'd been ordered to bomb us, so we returned fire and made quite an unsuccessful raid on Berlin. The Germans copied this attack, and that's how the blitz started.

Doesn't matter. They tried to invade us. That can never be forgiven.

arcticwolf
11-09-2011, 01:26 AM
I would have done in 1945, if I had had the chance. Today, I would just rather not be a member of any club they're in.

Understood. What does today's generation have in common with Nazis? I agree there are some Germans that could use anger management classes, but in general they are not the devil. I think Poland had more difficult history with Germany than Great Britain. In general they are good people. You know this saying captures it best: "you can't always control what happens to you, but you can always control what you'll do about it". For better or worse they are our brothers and sisters, and they are closer related to you than to me. If I could forgive them so can you.

Gaztelu
11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I cannot understand why anyone would waste their time attempting to invade that worthless island.

Burgomaster
11-09-2011, 07:34 AM
I cannot understand why anyone would waste their time attempting to invade that worthless island.

Pff. If you were in a position to criticise, I would accept it. As you aren't, I shall not.

Britiain>Spain

ficuscarica
11-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Doesn't matter. They tried to invade us. That can never be forgiven.

Oh please, cut the crap. As if the English didnīt try to invade 50 % of the world...as if they had any right to critisize others for invasions.

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh please, cut the crap. As if the English didnīt try to invade 50 % of the world...as if they had any right to critisize others for invasions.

You tried to destroy us.

ficuscarica
11-09-2011, 02:05 PM
What the .... ? As far as I can remember I didnīt try to destroy any country.

And what do you think why England invaded other countries? Selling 3.5 milion African slaves (to mention just a small part of Britainīs glorious history) doesnīt sound like England invaded Africa to build hospitals and schools for the Africans.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

As I use to say: almost all big European (and global) nations have a disgusting history. It would be wiser for most of them to just shut the f**** up instead of constantly critisizing others.

Gaztelu
11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Pff. If you were in a position to criticise, I would accept it. As you aren't, I shall not.

Britiain>Spain

I am being completely serious. Does Britain have any valuable resources? Religious sites? Strategic importance?

I am only questioning why the Romans, Anglo-Saxons et. al, Normans, and Spanish even bothered to invade that island.

Leliana
11-09-2011, 03:28 PM
What is your damn problem? Do hurt feelings or being rejected play a role? :confused: Some Germans call the British Inselaffen and you call us Krauts, sausage eaters, Hitlers and god knows what else. But that's no reason to dislike British people. And don't start to sum up damage done by the war! It wasn't Germany who declared war on England. Send your thanks letters to Winston Churchill and the infamous Arthur Harris. :rolleyes2:

You just said that you would've bombed and killed all Germans in 1945. Are such posts allowed?

Wulfhere
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
What is your damn problem? Do hurt feelings or being rejected play a role? :confused: Some Germans call the British Inselaffen and you call us Krauts, sausage eaters, Hitlers and god knows what else. But that's no reason to dislike British people. And don't start to sum up damage done by the war! It wasn't Germany who declared war on England. Send your thanks letters to Winston Churchill and the infamous Arthur Harris. :rolleyes2:

You just said that you would've bombed and killed all Germans in 1945. Are such posts allowed?

Germany invaded Poland, our ally.

The Germans tried to bomb us to destruction.