PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ostara to all of our Heathen friends!

Aemma
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
:happy easter: Happy Ostara All, however and whenever you have or will be celebrating it!

Anybody want to share what they have or will be doing to mark the occasion?

:bunny: :bunny000: :fbirds: :rose: :rabbit: :sheep1: :sheep000: :kitty000:

Ahh spring has finally sprung!! :D

The Lawspeaker
04-11-2009, 05:03 PM
:happy easter:Blessed Ostara y'all:kitty000:

http://www.ziezo.biz/media/default.aspx/emma/org/10103507/keukenhof2.jpg

Ulf
04-11-2009, 06:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Ostara_by_Johannes_Gehrts.jpg

Atlas
04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Joyeuses Pâques !

Psychonaut
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
We'll be celebrating our tomorrow up in the mountains. I'll be sure to take some pictures. Happy Easter to everyone else who's already celebrated!

Ulf
04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
To all the Christians, happy Easter, don't do too many heathen rituals, I hear your god frowns on that.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XptR1QtvYXg/SLP92sYeOwI/AAAAAAAAAos/aFFvyqfTRz4/s400/brb-jesus.jpg

Lady L
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, I just got back from visiting the Bunny himself to see what kinds of baskets he has...:wink I picked out the 2 I wanted him to bring tonight. I also picked up a egg coloring kit, I thought it would be fun, and I have never done egg coloring with my kids. I also picked up a 42 pack of plastic eggs and tons of candy for their easter egg hunt. :D Tomorrow should be interesting! :D

Solwyn
04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Today I did battle at the Superstore to get a few chocolate eggs - my son is 14 so we don't make too big of a fuss on certain things. We did a little blot on the 21st of March and we'll do another one over roast pork and apple pie tomorrow - apparently my grandmother will roll over in her grave if I don't go to church (according to my mother) so we'll see if a blot makes her spirit happy because the church part ain't happenin' :D

I find it absolutely amazing that the people who were trying to break my neck in the race for the good chocolate were Asian and Arabic - I know the Philipinos celebrate Easter because they are all Catholic, but women with their faces covered? Do Arabic Christians have to follow the same dress code as the Islamic Arabs? Does the Islamic religion have some sort of Easter holiday as well? It was just funny that the majority of people that were getting all grabby at the Easter goodies wouldn't know Ostara if she thumped them over the head with a carrot and probably aren't Christian either.

:coffee:

YggsVinr
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Skoal and happy Gaukmánuðr/Ostarmanoth to all! I plan to grab a six pack of Eric's Red and take a walk by the ocean. Then I will further celebrate by writing an essay or a million :lightbul: I'll need a victory blót for that one;) and of course for coming travels:thumb001:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Groenewolf
04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Happy Easter/Ostara all.

Gooding
04-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Happy Easter, God Eostremonath!

Heimmacht
04-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Happy easter everyone!!!! I so love this holiday, for some strange reason :).

Brynhild
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
So will I - come September...

Despite this, happy Eostre to you Northern folk!

Barreldriver
04-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Today I'll be savoring some Copenhagen snuff and enjoying the new sprung Spring environment. I probably will chill out in the woods for a bit then stroll the hills.

Psychonaut
04-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Our Easter went something like this...

We met up with a few friends at the foothills of the Kolekole mountains. We hiked up to a small grassy plateau and performed a threefold rite comprised of the sacrificing of a dozen painted eggs, mead and a sunwheel. We finished it up by singing a few rounds of "Sumer is Icumen in."

After that we all went back to my house for a big breakfast of eggs, sausage, carrot cake, quiche, muffins, fresh fruit, biscuits, gravy, punch, and mimosas.

A few pictures can be seen right here. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35795#post35795)

Gooding
04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Eostre was all right.I renewed my Troth to the Aesir(Ese) and Vanir(Wanes).Other than that, it was just a beautiful day,

Octothorpe
04-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Our family is religiously mixed, so the wife and son went to church, and when they returned I colored eggs and told my son stories about Ostara and the bunny. Then we worked in the yard, taking care of the spring weeding and feeding. I also adopted a tomato plant--I'm going to try to make my own organic ketchup this summer! Of course, I'm using the eggs to make a variety of egg salads and other dishes--the one with the radishes and the picnic bacon is quite tasty!