PDA

View Full Version : No he can't! Arizona college snubs Obama

Skandi
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Arizona State University has snubbed President Barack Obama by declining to give him an honorary degree when he addresses students at a graduation ceremony there next month, it was reported Friday. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Arizona college snubs Obama Enlarge photo

In a break with tradition that has sparked howls of protest, the college has said it will not honor Obama on the grounds that America's first black president has an insufficient "body of work."

US universities invariably bestow honorary degrees upon speakers invited to give commencement addresses for graduates.
more (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090410/tpl-no-he-can-t-arizona-college-snubs-ob-10170b4.html)

I hope they don't change their minds, the reasons look good enough to me, after all what has he done?

Ĉmeric
04-11-2009, 07:29 PM
:thumbs up :clap2: :whoo: :clap: :victory0:

Some people think being Black is an accomplishment in itself. If you think about it rewarding a Negro for being the first Black whatever is racist. It's as though being Black is a handicap that must be overcome.:rolleyes:

It's nice to see that Obamamania is starting to fade.

Birka
04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
:thumbs up :clap2: :whoo: :clap: :victory0:

Some people think being Black is an accomplishment in itself. If you think about it rewarding a Negro for being the first Black whatever is racist. It's as though being Black is a handicap that must be overcome.:rolleyes:

It's nice to see that Obamamania is starting to fade.

Yes it is. Some of the polls out now show the greatest negatives for a new president by the opposition party. I think it showed Dems gave the O a 95% grade on his performance so far, and the Republicans gave him a 30%, and the 65% difference is by far the new record.

But, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC and CBS will do all they can to keep the worship of their Messiah in tact. I hate our criminal liberal media.

Treffie
04-18-2009, 10:54 AM
What a terribly racist thing to do.:rolleyes:

Groenewolf
04-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I could not agree more. One should do something more then getting elected, or give an amount of money to gain honary degrees.