PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in reincarnation?

Batavia
05-26-2022, 11:22 AM
The term reincarnation refers to ideas of the kind that a soul or continuing mental processes (so often understood in Buddhism) manifest themselves again in other sentient beings after death – the "excarnation".
The most important faiths in which reincarnation plays a central role are Hinduism and Buddhism.
I don“t believe in reincarnation, because I don“t believe in a disembodied soul.

Teutone
05-26-2022, 11:28 AM
No I do not believe in it.

It wouldnt even be something appealing that would make me intrested in a believe system if I wouldnt be a christian already.

What is the appeal if you have absolutely no cautiousness about your past life? How is it even possible when the human population is rising?

What would be the reward that would be interesting for you as the person that you are currently? My current me has nothing to thrive for being reborn as a King if my current me will be erased.

Further more you will loose all of your family etc. A complete disgusting believe system, may god punish or guide every soul that is following buddhism and hinduism.

Benyzero
05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
No I do not believe in it.

It wouldnt even be something appealing that would make me intrested in a believe system if I wouldnt be a christian already.

What is the appeal if you have absolutely no cautiousness about your past life? How is it even possible when the human population is rising?

What would be the reward that would be interesting for you as the person that you are currently? My current me has nothing to thrive for being reborn as a King if my current me will be erased.

Further more you will loose all of your family etc. A complete disgusting believe system, may god punish or guide every soul that is following buddhism and hinduism.

You will born again as a bratwurst

Todesritter
02-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Yes, but only a minority of the population (<20%) reincarnates, general anthropological group is more or less stable within incarnations and the genetic component is non-negligible.
Read Steiner, but take the specific information tied to geography and dates with a grain of salt.

Victor
02-08-2023, 06:02 PM
No.

Aila
02-08-2023, 07:59 PM
I have got a bit of a problem with the word “belief" as I do not generally believe in anything I don’t have first-hand experiences of.
But several unexplainable experiences have led me consider reincarnation as a potentially valid answer/definition for them.

jouissances
02-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Not really

SilverKnight
02-09-2023, 11:40 PM
I used to, years ago, but it's all bullshit.

Hell and heaven. Simple as that.

Todesritter
02-09-2023, 11:53 PM
I used to, years ago, but it's all bullshit.

Hell and heaven. Simple as that.

For most people, it really is. I've always found it hard to reconcile very solid personal and familial experiences, the idea that you are supposed to learn something in each lifetime, with the state of the world and the way the majority of people behaves, as well as the vast gaps in the amount of transcendental character possessed by different people, until after reading authors like Steiner and Liebenfels (Evola's spiritual racism is a related concept I believe) and directly looking for the distinction. But I don't believe in reincarnation in the buddhist/hinduist sense and completely discard the idea that the few individuals who experience it would reincarnate into plants, animals or spirits, or even other races, as one is tied to a broader geographical and ethnic region/group.
It's also not necessarily a blessing or a curse, simply a different means of existence usually accompanied by a duty present in each incarnation and a purpose which is inadvisable to avoid.
Tl;dr - if you experienced it, you would probably be aware of it. Trust your instincts on this.

chinshen
02-10-2023, 12:49 AM
No, it doesn't makes sense.

SilverKnight
02-10-2023, 02:07 PM
For most people, it really is. I've always found it hard to reconcile very solid personal and familial experiences, the idea that you are supposed to learn something in each lifetime, with the state of the world and the way the majority of people behaves, as well as the vast gaps in the amount of transcendental character possessed by different people, until after reading authors like Steiner and Liebenfels (Evola's spiritual racism is a related concept I believe) and directly looking for the distinction. But I don't believe in reincarnation in the buddhist/hinduist sense and completely discard the idea that the few individuals who experience it would reincarnate into plants, animals or spirits, or even other races, as one is tied to a broader geographical and ethnic region/group.
It's also not necessarily a blessing or a curse, simply a different means of existence usually accompanied by a duty present in each incarnation and a purpose which is inadvisable to avoid.
Tl;dr - if you experienced it, you would probably be aware of it. Trust your instincts on this.

I find it extremely funny and ironic how people believe in Satanism/ ghosts, spirituality and even reincarnation, yet they can't sit for a single second to read the Bible and learn about Jesus. :rolleyes:

Figueiredo
02-10-2023, 03:21 PM
Yes, I believe in it.

Todesritter
02-10-2023, 07:29 PM
I find it extremely funny and ironic how people believe in Satanism/ ghosts, spirituality and even reincarnation, yet they can't sit for a single second to read the Bible and learn about Jesus. :rolleyes:

What makes you think I don't believe in God and Jesus as well, or that I haven't read the Bible? Not in ghosts, satanism or whatever other new age bullshit. Because you're making presumptions. Christianity is the only true abrahamic religion. The fact I don't follow catholic scripture word by word doesn't mean I discard it or don't believe in God.

Rędwald
02-10-2023, 07:51 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Kj7vXK1K/5429c5e4962a60d1f67c70e7c4ea03d41a725f1bce3960b412 d974c5a24d3942-1.jpg