PDA

View Full Version : Are the north/central Polish darker or lighter skinned than the central and northern French?

Oliver109
06-06-2022, 05:21 PM
I think that the south Poles are very likely darker skinned but what about the rest? i ask because both countries are on similar latitudes, both contain similar phenotypes like Alpines,Nordics, Med variants, Cro Magnon variants.

Victor
06-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Probably about equal, with the French having more lighter and darker individuals while the Polish are more homogeneous. Slavs in general tan better than northwestern Europeans.

It depends, I know enough of milk-white skinned Russians who get burned like Brits with no chance to get tanned. But there's enough of light skinned people who get normally tanned here, this milk-white type is like ~10%.

Oliver109
06-07-2022, 02:09 PM
bump

Roy
06-09-2022, 03:20 PM
I think that the south Poles are very likely darker skinned but what about the rest? i ask because both countries are on similar latitudes, both contain similar phenotypes like Alpines,Nordics, Med variants, Cro Magnon variants.

Poles including those from the south have a lighter complexion than the French as well as other pigmentation regardless of which French people would you like to compare. Albeit one needs to note that a lot of Poles tan extremely easily.

Zohor
06-09-2022, 05:56 PM
I can't answer but I wanted to say there is no definite difference between northern and southern Poles in terms of pigmentation

michal3141
06-09-2022, 06:14 PM
I can't answer but I wanted to say there is no definite difference between northern and southern Poles in terms of pigmentation

Differences are purely statistical but I think Northern Poles are a bit lighter.
Still by a naked eye it is probably impossible to tell if a crowd of people is from the northern or southern Poland easily.