PDA

View Full Version : Classify and palace this Gypsy family from Romania

Hungarian_master
06-08-2022, 02:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aOUOVZwKQ

Tooting Carmen
06-08-2022, 03:40 PM
As with most Balkan Gypsies, they look like a Balkan-North Indian mix.

Roy
06-08-2022, 10:28 PM
As with most Balkan Gypsies, they look like a Balkan-North Indian mix.

They look comsiderably more European than Polish Gypsies. I get an impression that they do have much more ethnic Romanian ancestry than one would assume. Roma people in Poland usually look like they are straight out of India usually.

aherne
06-10-2022, 05:06 AM
They look comsiderably more European than Polish Gypsies. I get an impression that they do have much more ethnic Romanian ancestry than one would assume. Roma people in Poland usually look like they are straight out of India usually.

I've noticed that among Gypsies of Ukraine (many came here as refugees). They look like regular NW Indians (vastly different from Ukrainians)... Maybe there was much less admixture in your countries than here

Roy
06-10-2022, 05:07 PM
I've noticed that among Gypsies of Ukraine (many came here as refugees). They look like regular NW Indians (vastly different from Ukrainians)... Maybe there was much less admixture in your countries than here

Polish singer Edyta Górniak has a Polish mum and only her dad was a Gypsy yet she looks more Gypsy than a lot of these Gypsies from Romania.

Also I've never seen a Gypsy in Poland with light eyes but judging from the photographies it is not something very rare among Ballkan Gypsies (even those who are brown).

Melonman
06-11-2022, 01:15 AM
grandma can pass as some european, i think grandpa can too.
the guy with beard can easily pass as afghan and iranian, while i think the younger girl can pass in afghanistan or iran as persian.
the woman with dyed hair can easily pass in turkey, though perhaps also as more eastern looking southeast european and syrian too.
youngest boy can pass as.....idk, perhaps afghan

boy with hat looks like some pakistani-euro mix

Hungarian_master
07-08-2022, 07:37 PM
Bump!