PDA

View Full Version : Guess which group is French and which group is Spanish

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 02:22 PM
According to some experts here there isn't much difference between the French and the Spanish, lets see

1. https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.18169-9/1384078_408966422564043_558199304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=10 9&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=gg_J32jaTvcAX8DDvcp&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT-utQlNLK9snPinP1LCUr6ZVbQduC6a7DrK21UC7Kx64g&oe=62DE7AC2

2. https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/25073397_1760735600666474_3813421459829289873_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=lIYZRRHk1NoAX80RWQQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT9OMtfhWm7L0gnCdXMGAEzziwgH8ECT9Hb7r1kw5_E1 HA&oe=62DEE540

Hungarian_master
06-27-2022, 02:26 PM
1. French
2. Spanish.

Roy
06-27-2022, 02:44 PM
1. French
2. Spanish

Tooting Carmen
06-27-2022, 04:02 PM
French (but of a more Southern/Med-shifted variety), Spanish.

gixajo
06-27-2022, 04:49 PM
1-French
2-Spanish

I can also say that the second group is practically twice as old as the first group of people, and that there are only women. I mean, the (supposedly) French, except for three teachers, are teenagers, while the (supposedly) Spanish are in their late 30s and early 40s (and some even probably elder).

Are we to assume that they are two groups randomly chosen or chosen after a long selection so that it is easy to determine their country of origin?

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 04:54 PM
1-French
2-Spanish

I can also say that the second group is practically twice as old as the first group of people, and that there are only women.

Are we to assume that they are two groups randomly chosen or chosen after a long selection so that it is easy to determine their country of origin?

Lol i don't know what age has to do with it, i just chose two photos randomly, one from Galicia and one from Clermont Ferrand

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 05:24 PM
1-French
2-Spanish

I can also say that the second group is practically twice as old as the first group of people, and that there are only women. I mean, the (supposedly) French, except for three teachers, are teenagers, while the (supposedly) Spanish are in their late 30s and early 40s (and some even probably elder).

It would have been more fair a comparison with both groups being equally young and with the same lighting conditions. Just saying...

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 05:26 PM
It would have been more fair a comparison with both groups being equally young and with the same lighting conditions. Just saying...

Are you saying that a group can look more French/Spanish depending on how old or young they are?

Jana
06-27-2022, 05:27 PM
they aren't too different actually. Apart from age difference (yes, features change a lot with age and you certainly should not compare different age groups), French group looks lot more like these Spaniards than they do like Brits or Germans. and genetics reflects the same

Jana
06-27-2022, 05:29 PM
Are you saying that a group can look more French/Spanish depending on how old or young they are?

Older people look lot less neutral than young people do, obviously.

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Older people look lot less neutral than young people do, obviously.

I find it is the other way round in some cases, older Dutch or Germans look far more similar to older Brits than younger Dutch or Germans as their facial features are rougher in old age, the older group here are not even especially old, more like middle aged professionals.

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 05:36 PM

You're saying that, not me.

I'm just saying that you have to make comparisons with people within the same age range and with same lighting conditions, to have a more fair comparison. Not saying with that that they would look exactly the same, but yet they would look more similar to each other than in this younger group Vs older group and different lighting comparison.

And yet if you put any of those older Spaniards in the group of the French youth, anyone could think she is their teacher, with the same nationality and ethnic group as them.

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 05:40 PM
You're saying that, not me.

I'm just saying that you have to make comparisons with people within the same age range and with same lighting conditions, to have a more fair comparison. Not saying with that that they would look exactly the same, but more similar to each other than in this younger group Vs older group and different lighting comparison.

And yet if you put any of those older Spaniards in the group of the French youth, anyone could think she is their teacher, with the same nationality and ethnic group as them.

It is probably a given that Spaniards of an older age do have a more distinct style i suppose, younger Spaniards dress shall we say in a more neutral western way, the same applies in parts of eastern Europe.

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 05:48 PM
It is probably a given that Spaniards of an older age do have a more distinct style i suppose, younger Spaniards dress shall we say in a more neutral western way, the same applies in parts of eastern Europe.

No, they would look more similar to the French than in this asymmetric comparison for being racially and phenotypically close to French (no wannaberism on here, but just defending Spanish Europeaness. I don't give a rat ass about French and their very fucked up country), not for the dressing excuses that you give, lol

A group of young Northern Africans or Levantines wouldn't look quite close/similar to the French youths, even if they dressed with a very western style.

Jana
06-27-2022, 05:50 PM

Distinct dressing style? Ok, you are truly a creative troll.

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 05:53 PM
No, they would look more similar to the French than in this asymmetric comparison for being racially and phenotypically close to French (no wannaberism on here, but just defending Spanish Europeaness. I don't give a rat ass about French and their very fucked up country), not for the dressing excuses that you give, lol

A group of young Northern Africans or Levantines wouldn't look quite close/similar to the French youths, even if they dressed with a very western style.

Are these French or Spanish? https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/79388052_2441018326111942_2267336930892972032_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Nv-dQE5y2KgAX910yg6&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT-H1mCMtkEXMhpq-Nb98k3oJVFQsvpRCKpw6TaSqXALNQ&oe=62DE809F

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 07:26 PM
Are these French or Spanish? https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/79388052_2441018326111942_2267336930892972032_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Nv-dQE5y2KgAX910yg6&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT-H1mCMtkEXMhpq-Nb98k3oJVFQsvpRCKpw6TaSqXALNQ&oe=62DE809F

I guess they are Spaniards. Very poor lighting picture, BTW!

Spanish students from Valencia, Spain (not even northern Spain):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Y1BcJDn40

Ellethwyn
06-27-2022, 10:00 PM
1. French
2. Spanish

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 10:11 PM
I guess they are Spaniards. Very poor lighting picture, BTW!

Spanish students from Valencia, Spain (not even northern Spain):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Y1BcJDn40

They are, from Galicia as well, for some reason Valencians are lighter but still very Spanish looking, anyway everyone was right, group 1 is French and group 2 is completely Spanish.

gixajo
06-27-2022, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry but posting fair images of groups of similar people many French, many Spanish and many Italians for me are indistinguishable.:noidea:

I've been looking at images of Spanish and French institutes/high schools for a while, including French exchange groups in Spain or French exchange groups in France, and except in exceptional cases, if the groups are mixed I am not able to distinguish where each person would be from.

It may be that I see badly, but I'm not lying.

For example, are these groups Spanish in France, Frenchs in Spain , or some of them or all of them are mixed groups?

https://i.postimg.cc/02ByRZjH/FrvsSp1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/mrGRBnsV/FrvsSp2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/bN7f95s8/FrvsSp3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Ln3WHNt0)

gixajo
06-27-2022, 11:10 PM
Are there differences between French and Spanish? Surely there have to be because we are not the same people, but in many cases they are not at all as clear as some claim.

I believe that the overlap is evident, and that according to the distance between the places where we obtain the images of the groups that we compare, the differences should be greater and the overlap less. Something like a gradient.

And it depends much more on where the French are from than where the Spanish are from.

And donīt worry, in France light eyes, light skin and blond hair are more frequent than in Spain.:thumb001:

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry but posting fair images of groups of similar people many French, many Spanish and many Italians for me are indistinguishable.:noidea:

I've been looking at images of Spanish and French institutes/high schools for a while, including French exchange groups in Spain or French exchange groups in France, and except in exceptional cases, if the groups are mixed I am not able to distinguish where each person would be from.

It may be that I see badly, but I'm not lying.

For example, are these groups Spanish in France, Frenchs in Spain , or some of them or all of them are mixed groups?

https://i.postimg.cc/02ByRZjH/FrvsSp1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/mrGRBnsV/FrvsSp2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/bN7f95s8/FrvsSp3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Ln3WHNt0)

All those groups have some immigrants though the last looks mainly Spanish and the first looks mixed but more Spanish

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 11:23 PM
Are there differences between French and Spanish? Surely there have to be because we are not the same people, but in many cases they are not at all as clear as some claim.

I believe that the overlap is evident, and that according to the distance between the places where we obtain the images of the groups that we compare, the differences should be greater and the overlap less. Something like a gradient.

And it depends much more on where the French are from than where the Spanish are from.

And donīt worry, in France light eyes, light skin and blond hair are more frequent than in Spain.:thumb001:

They are obviously not the same people, and there are some differences between Spaniards and French, just like there are some differences between French and Italians, French and Germans, French and British, etc, but they aren't different from Spaniards in a way of Spaniards being almost like another race, or "less European" as some people imply, lol. There is a very considerable overlap between Spaniards and French because Spaniards are also European of course, and they are neighboring European populations.

That French have more blondism and light eyes compared to Spaniards? of course, because French are more northern, but not much more than that. And Spaniards also have their decent share of blondism and light eyes, just like any other European population.

Oliver109
06-27-2022, 11:33 PM
They are obviously not the same people, and there are some differences between Spaniards and French, just like there are some differences between French and Italians, French and Germans, French and British, etc, but they aren't different from Spaniards in a way of Spaniards being almost like another race, or "less European" as some people imply, lol. There is a very considerable overlap between Spaniards and French because Spaniards are also European of course, and they are neighboring European populations.

That French have more blondism and light eyes compared to Spaniards? of course, because French are more northern, but not much more than that. And Spaniards also have their decent share of blondism and light eyes, just like any other European population.

While there is overlap between Spanish and French it is fairly minor and generally the case that French pass better in Spain than Spaniards in France, in other words there is a lot of alpine influence in Spain but not much berid or gracile med influence in France, what is also evident in Spain is the uniformity of the hair and skin complexion while in France it is all over the place.

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 11:38 PM
While there is overlap between Spanish and French it is fairly minor and generally the case that French pass better in Spain than Spaniards in France, in other words there is a lot of alpine influence in Spain but not much berid or gracile med influence in France, what is also evident in Spain is the uniformity of the hair and skin complexion while in France it is all over the place.

There is NOT less overlap between French and Spaniards than between French and Italians, Germans, Belgians or British.

Fairly minor, he says... lmao :lmao:picard1:

gixajo
06-27-2022, 11:41 PM

Nah, I guess Oliver is not pointing that Spanish are a different race from the gabachos, he likes to distance frenchs from the south and bring the them closer to the north.

alnortedelsur
06-27-2022, 11:44 PM
Nah, I guess Oliver is not pointing that Spanish are a different race from the gabachos, he likes to distance frenchs from the south and bring the them closer to the north.

I know he is not one of those trolls who pretend that Spaniards aren't European, but as you say, he likes to exaggerate up to ridiculous extremes the differences between French and Central Europeans compared to southern Europeans.

gixajo
06-27-2022, 11:56 PM
I know he is not one of those trolls who pretend that Spaniards aren't European, but as you say, he likes to exaggerate up to ridiculous extremes the differences between French and Central Europeans compared to southern Europeans.

Sometimes it seems strange to me that an Englishman that is a mixture of Spanish and English, shows so much interest and predilection for the Frenchs.

If we think about it a bit, a half Spanish half English individual as he is, would plot right in the French cluster, and probably the majority of the French population could be modeled just like that, as 50% Spanish 50% English.

gixajo
06-27-2022, 11:59 PM
>black girl on top pic
Obviously that's France.

She is not black, she is a typical Spanish girl but tanned.:D

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 12:02 AM
Sometimes it seems strange to me that an Englishman that is a mixture of Spanish and English, shows so much interest and predilection for the Frenchs.

If we think about it a bit, a half Spanish half English individual as he is, would plot right in the French cluster, and probably the majority of the French population could be modeled just like that, as 50% Spanish 50% English.

Lol i like France, but i still feel that France is more similar to the UK ethnically mainly due to seeing tonnes of French here and not knowing they are French until they start speaking, i can't really say the same about most Spanish groups who do look quite different.

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 12:15 AM
Lol i like France, but i still feel that France is more similar to the UK ethnically mainly due to seeing tonnes of French here and not knowing they are French until they start speaking, i can't really say the same about most Spanish groups who do look quite different.

I don't think so. Northern French are more similar to British than to Spanish (after all, they are geographically much closer to Britain), but southern French will be more similar to Spanish than to British.

Is a gradient, not a sharp divide with the rest of Europe in the Alps and Pyrenees as you imply.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 12:21 AM
I don't think so. Northern French are more similar to British than to Spanish (after all, they are geographically much closer to Britain), but southern French will be more similar to Spanish than to British.

Is a gradient, not a sharp divide with the rest of Europe in the Alps and Pyrenees as you imply.

Those French i posted from Clermont Ferrand i don't think look anything like the Spanish and the same was said by a lot of people on this thread, if anything the southern French are more like northernmost Italians because of the alpine influence.

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 12:26 AM
Those French i posted from Clermont Ferrand i don't think look anything like the Spanish and the same was said by a lot of people on this thread, if anything the southern French are more like northernmost Italians because of the alpine influence.

French from southern French regions closer to Italy will be more similar to Italians, but French from southern French regions geographically closer to Spain, like Toulouse, Aquitaine, etc., will be more similar to Spaniards.

Now it comes that even Italians are closer to French and the rest of Europe than Spaniards :picard1: LOL

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 12:51 AM
French from southern French regions closer to Italy will be more similar to Italians, but French from southern French regions geographically closer to Spain, like Toulouse, Aquitaine, etc., will be more similar to Spaniards.

Now it comes that even Italians are closer to French and the rest of Europe than Spaniards :picard1: LOL

Lol not really, southern French are more or less much the same except those from the Basque region who may be more similar to the Spanish Basques but still distinct, southern Italians though are very different, much more exotic than any Spanish, i watched videos of Euro 2021 celebrations from Naples and said "these are definitely not my people"

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 01:18 AM
Lol not really, southern French are more or less much the same except those from the Basque region who may be more similar to the Spanish Basques but still distinct, southern Italians though are very different, much more exotic than any Spanish, i watched videos of Euro 2021 celebrations from Naples and said "these are definitely not my people"

If "they are all the same" as you claim, they won't be more similar to Italians than to Spaniards, WTF!

With this said, French from Toulouse, Aquitaine, French Catalonia, French Basque country, etc., will be obviously more similar to Spaniards than to Italians.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 01:34 AM
If "they are all the same" as you claim, they won't be more similar to Italians than to Spaniards, WTF!

With this said, French from Toulouse, Aquitaine, French Catalonia, French Basque country, etc., will be obviously more similar to Spaniards than to Italians.

Lol, how can they be more similar to Spaniards when they cepalhic index is much higher in France? it is like with the northern French, despite being near England they look more like the Bavarians because their heads are rounder.

Greywolf
06-28-2022, 01:42 AM
In Spain, I'm only in love with this Fem type kinda mex-american vibe ya know
https://br.web.img3.acsta.net/medias/nmedia/18/91/59/64/20154426.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/0fD0b00/25073397-1760735600666474-3813421459829289873-o.jpg

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 01:52 AM
Lol, how can they be more similar to Spaniards when they cepalhic index is much higher in France? it is like with the northern French, despite being near England they look more like the Bavarians because their heads are rounder.

Don't talk me about Cephalic index and other stuff to distract from what I'm saying. French people from French Catalonia, Toulouse, French Basque Country, Aquitaine, etc., won't be more similar to Italians than to Spaniards, period.

And also stop talking like if nearly all Spaniards are supposed to be long faced. There is everything among them, including also many brachycephalic people.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 01:55 AM
Don't talk me about Cephalic index and other stuff to distract from what I'm saying. French people from French Catalonia, Toulouse, French Basque Country, Aquitaine, etc., won't be more similar to Italians than to Spaniards, period.

And also stop talking like if nearly all Spaniards are supposed to be long faced. There is everything among them, including also many brachycephalic people.

I saw the recent thread on French Catalans, those with ethnic French names and they looked like any other southern French, they also nearly all passed in Spain but they still looked different to the Spanish, their faces were shorter it was clear. The cepalhic index is starker between the French Pyrenees and Navarre than it is between Dover and Calais.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 03:20 PM
1 is France and 2 is Spain. Group 1 could pass in Spain but group 2 cannot pass in France. The homogeneous swarthiness of group 2 gave it away while group 1 was confusing because the majority fit perfectly in Spain.

Maybe you should compare ethnicities rather than countries, or at least smaller regions, because France and Spain are multiethnic and you will get people saying stupid shit like the French and Spaniards look the same based on Catalans and Basques on both sides of the border being the same.

Also don't assume rural areas will be representative of French natives. For instance the top surnames of newborns between 1966-1990 in the Puy-de-Dôme department (where Clermont-Ferrand is located) were:
1 MARTIN
2 DA SILVA
3 FAURE
4 ROUX
5 PEREIRA
6 BOYER
7 ROCHE
8 FERREIRA
9 FERNANDES
10 BERNARD

It is clear though that despite a lot of Portuguese etc background these people still look more French, i mean a person who is a quarter Portuguese will look more French though probably not English because they are more gracile.

gixajo
06-28-2022, 03:21 PM
1 is France and 2 is Spain. Group 1 could pass in Spain but group 2 cannot pass in France. The homogeneous swarthiness of group 2 gave it away while group 1 was confusing because the majority fit perfectly in Spain.

Maybe you should compare ethnicities rather than countries, or at least smaller regions, because France and Spain are multiethnic and you will get people saying stupid shit like the French and Spaniards look the same based on Catalans and Basques on both sides of the border being the same.

Also don't assume rural areas will be representative of French natives. For instance the top surnames of newborns between 1966-1990 in the Puy-de-Dôme department (where Clermont-Ferrand is located) were:

You can get even people saying more stupid thinks like the Catalans and Spanish are are easily distinguishable by physical features.

Itīs ridiculous, I know, but there is a suposedly Catalan guy here that defends that. :rolleyes:

Russki
06-28-2022, 03:39 PM

Any kind of French are more similar to Northern Italians than to Iberians.

Almost all Iberians are dolichocephalic, you should be proud of that.

https://sun9-18.userapi.com/impf/ffGX7lpuZW-XcPs9vx92cyAh36SW99NTPn00Zg/-R4u41cXgrA.jpg?size=700x584&quality=95&sign=6fdc293e3c9f1b801d5f5ea05a326824&type=album

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 03:42 PM
You can get even people saying more stupid thinks like the Catalans and Spanish are are easily distinguishable by physical features.

Itīs ridiculous, I know, but there is a suposedly Catalan guy here that defends that. :rolleyes:

I guess you know you're talking to that retard.

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Any kind of French are more similar to Northern Italians than to Iberians.

Almost all Iberians are dolichocephalic, you should be proud of that.

https://sun9-18.userapi.com/impf/ffGX7lpuZW-XcPs9vx92cyAh36SW99NTPn00Zg/-R4u41cXgrA.jpg?size=700x584&quality=95&sign=6fdc293e3c9f1b801d5f5ea05a326824&type=album

That old map means shit. Spaniards aren't uniformly dolichocephalic, but have everything, including mesocephalics, and also many brachycephalic people as well.

alnortedelsur
06-28-2022, 03:54 PM
Interesting because you deny this gradient exists within Spain. It becomes a gradient or a sharp divide depending on who you're comparing Spaniards with.

The difference, narcissistic and arrogant Catalan, is that there is less difference between Andalusians and Catalans than between southern and northern French. Spaniards are among the most uniform ethnic groups in Europe, and Catalans are part of them, whether you like it or not! Call it "massive inferiority complex" if you want. I don't give a shit.

Cristiano viejo
06-28-2022, 03:55 PM
Similar faces age aside.

French nš1 since you posted older people as Spanish maybe?

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 04:11 PM
Similar faces age aside.

French nš1 since you posted older people as Spanish maybe?

Lol similar, no2 look very Spanish, especially considering they come from the home of the Gaels

Cristiano viejo
06-28-2022, 04:42 PM
Lol similar, no2 look very Spanish

nš1 too, just younger.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 04:47 PM
nš1 too, just younger.

Lol but these young look far more Spanish
https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/287213390_3117590548454713_5900974497364976950_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=KvgX6XVZ1OUAX_x-FYD&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT_ar5G0Uqlb9kf5IFRufWfe2-vWE2dKB5EuD5KBwVvzcQ&oe=62C00247

Cristiano viejo
06-28-2022, 05:09 PM
Lol but these young look far more Spanish

Yeah, usually Spanish people look more Spanish than non Spanish people do, it sounds crazy eh? :lightbul:

These Spanish youngs indeed look VERY CLOSE to these French youngs. For sure much more than they (the Frenchies) are to German and British.
You must post similar people in age if you want to compare.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 05:21 PM
Yeah, usually Spanish people look more Spanish than non Spanish people do, it sounds crazy eh? :lightbul:

These Spanish youngs indeed look VERY CLOSE to these French youngs. For sure much more than they (the Frenchies) are to German and British.
You must post similar people in age if you want to compare.

They look more homogenous, the French look cosmopolitan which means some look more German, British etc while others of course look Spanish and Italian.

Cristiano viejo
06-28-2022, 05:42 PM
They look more homogenous, the French look cosmopolitan which means some look more German, British etc while others of course look Spanish and Italian.

Blondism and light eyes are practically inexistent among these French.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 06:15 PM
Blondism and light eyes are practically inexistent among these French.

Erm i see 4 blondes and eye colour is irrelevant anyway, loads of Afghans have light eyes but dont look European

Russki
06-28-2022, 06:26 PM
loads of Afghans have light eyes

No, only those on National Geographic covers.

Oliver109
06-28-2022, 06:49 PM
No, only those on National Geographic covers.

I believe Coon said that 25% or so have light or mixed irises, among some groups of Afghans though that would also include merely light brown eyes, light eyes are not at all uncommon in the Kalash or Pamiri people so they are not outliers.