PDA

View Full Version : Are you Paleolithic, Neolithic or Indoeuropean?

HungAryan
11-12-2011, 11:08 AM
By Indo-European, I did NOT mean the language group, but the genetic group and anthropological phenotype related with the proto-Indo-Europeans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrjN_2kuXo).

Paleolithic or Paleo-Eropean: A Pre-Indo-European (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPWRySf24s) group. Descendant of the hunter-gatherers who were in Europe before 8000 BC. Uralics (N / Lappinoids), Basques and Nordics (Northern Europeans) belong to this type.
Neolithic: Another Pre-Indo-European (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPWRySf24s) group. Descendant of Middle Eastern or North-African farmers (J2 / Near Eastern Mediterranids, Alpinids & Armenoids) who colonized Southern Europe between 8000 BC and 4000 BC. Most Southern Europeans and Balkanians - including Greeks, Albanians, Romanians - belong to this type.
Indoeuropean: unadultered descendant of the Indo-Europeans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrjN_2kuXo). More-or-less limited to Poles, Ukrainians and Russians.

So, which one are you?
Or a combination of which ones? :D

HungAryan
11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I think I'm mostly a combination of Paleolithic and Neolithic.
I'm a mix between Alpinoid (Neolithic) and Cro-Magnid (Paleolithic) with some few Dinarid (Neolithic?) influences

Agrippa
11-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Nordisation is best explained by Late Mesolithic and Neolithic to even Metal Age influences.

So I would not call Nordid a Mesolithic type, but for sure no Palaeolithic one. Also the terms make little sense, considered that all people of Europe and the Near East went through this stages and the question can be only raised and answered for a region.

Because some regions of Europe might have had a greater continuity than others and some of this groups might have been more successful than others during the transitions. So even if they are not from the Near East, they might be Neolithic or Metal Age or even later colonists for a SPECIFIC REGION.

Also, as we look at this things, there are virtually not pure examples - genetically at least - left, practically ALL EUROPEANS are all the result of the mixture.

So the question can only mean: Are you MORE pre-Neolithic-Near Eastern or MORE post-Neolithic-Near Eastern at best.

Because mixed we all are.

Pure Indo-European is another big joke, if we don't even know for sure yet where they came from and which genetic variation they had. Even typologically we just know they must have been somewhere between Nordoid and Mediterranoid, especially regionally Cromagnid with influences of the first elements, but that's it.

We can also be pretty sure, that many of the same/very similar variants existed in Europe and abroad, which were NOT Indo-European, even if being hard to distinguish on the bones.

So it is easier to tell who is pretty certain NOT Indo-European rathern than who actually is.

Because a Nordoid, Mediterranoid or Cromagnid can be this or that. Where the Megalithic seafarers Indo-Europeans? Most likely not.

But where the LBK's? Probably not.

The Corded Ware people? Most likely.

Early Kurgan? Probably.

Later Kurgan? Most likely.

Certain South East European and Central Asian cultural groups? Uncertain.

If we can't say that for sure for the time of the ancient Indo-Europeans, what can you tell about modern ones? Only who is closer to those which were Indo-European with a relatively high certainty by phenotype and genes = closer to Corded Ware and later Kurgan culture.

But the typical Corded Ware variants became mostly mixed early on, same for the Kurgan types, so again, unmixed? Not really, most Europeans have influences, some more, some less and until we can define it for sure, who can tell it?

If you mix up genetics and phenotype, which can be pretty much split in individuals inside of a certain spectrum at least, it becomes even more complicated to absurd to answer the question, because one needs to answer it separately me thinks.

rhiannon
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure I'm close to 100% Paleolithic:) Or maybe not, after reading Agrippa's post above lol!

Albion
11-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Palaeolithic. I believe my ancestors to have arrived in the British Isles or NW Europe at least during the Mesolithic.

Sikeliot
11-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Paleolithic for the most part, but I feel like there naturally has to be Neolithic input but it'd be of the North African, not West Asian, variety.

Damiăo de Góis
11-17-2011, 01:02 AM
mtDNA: J1c1
Y-DNA: R1b1b2a1a2

Well, i seem to be neolithic maternally and who knows what patternally.

Pallantides
11-17-2011, 01:06 AM
How would anyone know for certain whetever they are 100% Paleolithic, Neolithic or Indoeuropean?
I bet majority of people are mixture of all of them at varrying degrees.
I'm fairly certain I have ancestry from all these groups, maybe I have got a stronger Paleolithic input but the other influence is still present.

Lábaru
11-17-2011, 01:13 AM
a combination of the three options is more realistic.

Boudica
11-17-2011, 01:19 AM
I am mostly Paleolithic it seems. However there are NO pure Paleolithic people in this day and age, while one may be more Paleo then anything else, they are not pure, mixing occurred through out these thousands of years with other groups.. That is if we are talking about this genetic wise..

Raikaswinţs
11-17-2011, 01:35 AM
I was going to spend some time explaining why this thread is painfully stupid. But Agrippa did if first and probably in a more concise, better and less offensive way that I would have.

So...thanks again Agrippa for a master class in how Europe can't be simplified to schematic lines chewed for people who don't want to think much and prefer cheap epic tales to justify their hatred towards entire European countries and peoples.

vGv-nH9kwLQ

Albion
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I highly doubt Indo-Europeans replaced all that many people in Western Europe.

If we see Indo-Europeans as R1a carriers then they are associated with the east and get lesser until they almost don't occur the further west you go in Europe.

Also you have linguistic questions such as why is more than half of Proto-Germanic Pre-Indo-European if they were so well replaced?
And how would river names have survived from Pre-Indo-Europeans with no one to pass them on?

safinator
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
All of those.

antonio
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess Im basically Indoeuropean, so I voted option four.

Siginulfo
11-17-2011, 04:09 PM
If I am North-Atlantid/Atlantid+Alpinid, what am I?

HungAryan
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Neolithic/Paleolithic hybrid

Argyll
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Well, all of my ancestors are British, so would that be Paleolithic?

HungAryan
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Yes. You are overhelmingly Paleolithic, unless you have Mediterraneanid admixture.

Albion
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM

The same as me, I've never heard of it outside of the British Isles though; I thought it was exclusive here.

Re-emergence of a Mesolithic/Neolithic Atlanto-Mediterranid strain through a chrysalis of Nordish types; the Mediterranid strain, primarily associated with the western European coastal culture of the Megaliths, is one of the locally oldest racial strains in Britain, only predated by the Paleolithic settlements of Cro-Magnids ("Brünn") following the Last Glacial Maximum.

Now you know why I sometimes have a stone circle as my picture. I associate with them. ;) :D

http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/index2.htm

NORTH-ATLANTID (~ Northwestern (Deniker))

Predominantly Nordid (Keltic Nordid) blend with an Atlanto-Mediterranid strain. North-Atlantids are typically dark-haired and light-eyed, and constitute an important element in the British Isles, and particularly in Wales. SNPA account here.

Motörhead Remember Me
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
By Indo-European, I did NOT mean the language group, but the genetic group and anthropological phenotype related with the proto-Indo-Europeans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrjN_2kuXo).

Paleolithic or Paleo-Eropean: A Pre-Indo-European (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPWRySf24s) group. Descendant of the hunter-gatherers who were in Europe before 8000 BC. Uralics (N / Lappinoids), Basques and Nordics (Northern Europeans) belong to this type.
Neolithic: Another Pre-Indo-European (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPWRySf24s) group. Descendant of Middle Eastern or North-African farmers (J2 / Near Eastern Mediterranids, Alpinids & Armenoids) who colonized Southern Europe between 8000 BC and 4000 BC. Most Southern Europeans and Balkanians - including Greeks, Albanians, Romanians - belong to this type.
Indoeuropean: unadultered descendant of the Indo-Europeans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrjN_2kuXo). More-or-less limited to Poles, Ukrainians and Russians.

So, which one are you?
Or a combination of which ones? :D

Did you invent this classification alone?

HungAryan
11-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Did you invent this classification alone?

Nope

Pallantides
11-24-2011, 12:58 PM
So what is the primary Indo-European genetic group... West-Asian?

Yes. You are overhelmingly Paleolithic, unless you have Mediterraneanid admixture.

Maybe in an immovable fantasy universe.

Piparskeggr
11-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I am a combination across the range of Paleolithic to Nanolithic.

HungAryan
11-24-2011, 04:10 PM
So what is the primary Indo-European genetic group... West-Asian?

Poles, Ukrainians and Russians.

Peasant
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm from the Pleistocene.

LightInDarkness
01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
A mix. But I'm most certainly don't originate from North African farmers on my Italian side. That's pure bull and worded wrong.

Sikeliot
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
A mix. But I'm most certainly don't originate from North African farmers on my Italian side. That's pure bull and worded wrong.

The Neolithic farmers were probably more akin to today's Georgians and Chechens than anyone else. Not to North Africans, don't worry.

LightInDarkness
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I was thinking Greeks more or less. I'm content with that.

Proctor
12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Mix of them.

Smeagol
12-21-2013, 07:12 PM
A mix with Aryan dominating.

Sikeliot
12-21-2013, 07:13 PM
1/2 Neolithic, 1/4 Paleolithic, 1/4 Indo-European.

Atlantic Islander
12-21-2013, 07:14 PM
lmao.

Dynamo
12-21-2013, 07:57 PM
I don't really know anything about this, but what are west Asians? What would I be? I'm alpine med btw

Grand Admiral Thrawn
04-03-2021, 04:23 AM
How would anyone know for certain whetever they are 100% Paleolithic, Neolithic or Indoeuropean?
I bet majority of people are mixture of all of them at varrying degrees.
I'm fairly certain I have ancestry from all these groups, maybe I have got a stronger Paleolithic input but the other influence is still present.

All Europeans are - in fact modern Europeans get their "overall appearance" from the varying degrees of admixture from those peoples

Zroota
04-04-2021, 06:26 AM
I'm guessing Neolithic considering my background.

Flashball
04-04-2021, 06:36 AM
All Europeans are - in fact modern Europeans get their "overall appearance" from the varying degrees of admixture from those peoples

Not really, it mainly comes from selective pressure.

Flashball
04-04-2021, 06:37 AM
I'm guessing Neolithic considering my background.

Iran Neolithic, yeah.

Zroota
04-04-2021, 06:43 AM
Iran Neolithic, yeah.
Gedmatch said Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), but I'm not sure if it's too accurate.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
04-04-2021, 06:47 AM
Not really, it mainly comes from selective pressure.

No? What do you mean by "Selective" pressure phenotype is altered by 2 main things (Your Geneotype) and (Your environment).

Rethel
04-04-2021, 08:27 AM

Another reason, to be glad, to be polonized :)

Rethel
04-04-2021, 08:27 AM

Another reason, to be glad, to be polonized :)

Petalpusher
04-04-2021, 09:55 AM
Most Euro are gonna be around half Paleo-meso Eurasian, and half basal. Leaning more to Paleo-meso (ANE-WHG) as you go north.

Pure Indo European doesn't mean anything, they are also a mix of paleo-meso with neolithic like and paleo caucasus, which were basal too.

aherne
04-05-2021, 06:09 AM
My genetic results were: 25% "steppe", 30-35% Old European, 40-45% ENF. They may be quite accurate: in my family I had Meds, Alpines, Dinarics but also Faelids/Baltids and Corded.