PDA

View Full Version : Classify exotic looking Irish republican Patsy O' Hara

Oliver109
07-31-2022, 06:11 PM
One of the main hunger strikers back in the 1980s who protested against the British parliament
https://www.bobbysandstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Patsy-OHara.jpg

Uranous
07-31-2022, 07:39 PM
Med

billErobreren
07-31-2022, 07:44 PM
Kind of looks like George Best.
Go the way of Bobby Sands, did he? Shame.

Oliver109
07-31-2022, 07:48 PM

Similar but more gracile, he starved himself to death unfortunately.

MobyD
08-01-2022, 01:10 AM
Are you sure he's not part Arab?

Xacal
08-01-2022, 01:20 AM
Med + Arabid

Fortnite777
08-01-2022, 03:15 AM
Gracile Med

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 03:47 AM
Here's other pictures of him. He's doesn't look quite as exotic in these. He's just a darker Isles type. Some pictures can make people look more exotic.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/f3/06/22f3065fe68eeee4fd46971c3733c72c.jpg

https://alchetron.com/cdn/patsy-ohara-391b2760-055e-4178-b08c-476e800affc-resize-750.jpeg

A picture of his brother and mother at his funeral.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tony-ohara-on-parole-from-maze-prison-with-his-mother-attending-the-picture-id500895597?s=2048x2048

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 03:50 AM
Here's other pictures of him. He's doesn't look quite as exotic in these. He's just a darker Isles type. Some pictures can make people look more exotic.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/f3/06/22f3065fe68eeee4fd46971c3733c72c.jpg

https://alchetron.com/cdn/patsy-ohara-391b2760-055e-4178-b08c-476e800affc-resize-750.jpeg

A picture of his brother and mother at his funeral.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tony-ohara-on-parole-from-maze-prison-with-his-mother-attending-the-picture-id500895597?s=2048x2048

What accounts for that dark look in the Isles? No one thinks that I have roots in any country there, even the fringe regions.

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 04:03 AM
What accounts for that dark look in the Isles? No one thinks that I have roots in any country there, even the fringe regions.

All populations have variation. You can get it in the same family one could be dark and the other the opposite. It's not uncommon. They would still have the same genetics and won't have anything exotic pop up in the genetics. Colin Farrell would get 100% British & Irish now. He stated what he got before recent updates.

Colin Farrell has said that he cannot deny how Irish he is and has revealed that he took a DNA test that showed he is "approximately 98.7% Irish, and 1.3% central European."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0123/1110320-colin-farrell/#:~:text=Colin%20Farrell%20has%20said%20that,and%2 01.3%25%20central%20European.%22

That 1.3% Central European would have been French & German but all updates now give Irish 100% British & Irish.

billErobreren
08-01-2022, 04:12 AM

[IMG]/IMG]

Good looking lad, he was. He looks unmistakably Irish without a beard, dare I say Paleo-Atlantid, which is the go to for dark Irish types people can't find much of an alternate home for, outside the isles. Awful way to go though.

Can't account for your looks, but for England and Scotland the more common mentions are Ian McShane, Keira Knightley, Cheryl Cole(or whatever she's calling herself now) people in America with a dark Anglo-Scottish look are Bruce Campbell and Sean Young, for example. If you're a dead ringer for any of these or look pretty close, you're within the mold.

Don't feel bad about people doubting your islander ancestry, my Kraut looking ass always gets that.

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 04:13 AM
All populations have variation. You can get it in the same family one could be dark and the other the opposite. It's not uncommon. They would still have the same genetics and won't have anything exotic pop up in the genetics. Colin Farrell would get 100% British & Irish now. He stated what he got before recent updates.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0123/1110320-colin-farrell/#:~:text=Colin%20Farrell%20has%20said%20that,and%2 01.3%25%20central%20European.%22

That 1.3% Central European would have been French & German but all updates now give Irish 100% British & Irish.

I should mention this. A woman guessed me as Irish or Scottish once when I had rosacea, but that was about as rare as the times that you were guessed as Greek. I almost always get some version of Mediterranean. I got English once in sixth grade because the kid said that I looked like one of the Beatles.

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 04:26 AM
I should mention this. A woman guessed me as Irish or Scottish once when I had rosacea, but that was about as rare as the times that you were guessed as Greek. I almost always get some version of Mediterranean. I got English once in sixth grade because the kid said that I looked like one of the Beatles.

Paul McCartney is a similar type and a beard can make a difference as you can't see the features as well as a clean shaven person. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of pictures of Patsy O'Hara but I think that one photo makes him look more exotic than he actually is.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cdDPR8GzXy8/maxresdefault.jpg

I look very Isles and can't really pass anywhere else.

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 04:31 AM
I look very Isles and can't really pass anywhere else.

Have you ever posted your photo? I picture you as a Generation X woman with blondish red (or reddish blonde?) shorter hair (my psychic routine).

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 04:37 AM
Have you ever posted your photo? I picture you as a Generation X woman with blondish red (or reddish blonde?) shorter hair (my psychic routine).

Yes I have but only for classification or when they have done those threads on can you pass for such and such a nationality.

NSXD60
08-01-2022, 05:47 AM
Those Stonehenge genes refused to be Stepped out, damn it!

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 06:04 AM
Can't account for your looks, but for England and Scotland the more common mentions are Ian McShane, Keira Knightley, Cheryl Cole(or whatever she's calling herself now) people in America with a dark Anglo-Scottish look are Bruce Campbell and Sean Young, for example. If you're a dead ringer for any of these or look pretty close, you're within the mold.

Don't feel bad about people doubting your islander ancestry, my Kraut looking ass always gets that.

That makes sense, though. Your Kraut genotype perfectly fits your Kraut phenotype. I take it that you're mostly German in descent. Save for some Bavarian oddballs, who stayed out of my genes for some mysterious and unknown reason, I'm one of the least German people in the Midwest.

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 06:24 AM

He was 23 years old. It goes without saying it's a controversial topic and Ireland and Britain were very divided at the time. By 1983 all five demands made by the hunger strikers came to pass but without recognising that they were political prisoners. 10 of them died but people see this stuff as very black and white and it depends on what side of history you are on.

billErobreren
08-01-2022, 06:35 AM
He was 23 years old. It goes without saying it's a controversial topic and Ireland and Britain were very divided at the time. By 1983 all five demands made by the hunger strikers came to pass but without recognising that they were political prisoners. 10 of them died but people see this stuff as very black and white and it depends on what side of history you are on.
Right sad tale.

That hunger strike and it's aftermath inspired some good songs, that I admit to have found moving. It was a moral victory, but the cost of their lives is what people found hard to forgive.

That makes sense, though. Your Kraut genotype perfectly fits your Kraut phenotype. I take it that you're mostly German in descent. Save for some Bavarian oddballs, who stayed out of my genes for some mysterious and unknown reason, I'm one of the least German people in the Midwest.

Should've said idealized Kraut looking :laugh:

Kraut's what I'm most mistaken for, just so happens.
I'm actually 2/3rds Danish, 1/4 Irish, Norwegian's about an 8th, there was talk of a Kraut sneaking in that into that blend, but Frisian, so who knows if that counts. Colouring and sharp features came from the Danish side mostly.

Incal
08-01-2022, 06:47 AM

I blame the Anglo-Norman invasion.

Grace O'Malley
08-01-2022, 07:12 AM
Right sad tale.

That hunger strike and it's aftermath inspired some good songs, that I admit to have found moving. It was a moral victory, but the cost of their lives is what people found hard to forgive.

Some good movies as well. Some Mother's Son with Helen Mirren and the one with Michael Fassbender who played Bobby Sands called Hunger. I've watched the one with Helen Mirren but not the Michael Fassbender one as I find it too realistic. I might give it a go some time.

Some Mother's Son has a great sound track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-f8vFfq9QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qboeir-KbJ0

Roy
08-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Gracile Mediterranean.

Pro.crasti.nation
08-01-2022, 06:04 PM
One of the main hunger strikers back in the 1980s who protested against the British parliament
https://www.bobbysandstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Patsy-OHara.jpg

You're joking? Seriously??

Looks like a regular Pakistani.

Volvado Seja
08-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Irish with high EEF

Tooting Carmen
08-01-2022, 06:39 PM
You're joking? Seriously??

Looks like a regular Pakistani.

In that photo he sort of does, but try looking at the ones Grace posted. Dark Atlanto-Med. More generally, this is why colour photos are almost invariably more useful than B/W ones.

Pro.crasti.nation
08-01-2022, 06:42 PM
In that photo he sort of does, but try looking at the ones Grace posted. Dark Atlanto-Med. More generally, this is why colour photos are almost invariably more useful than B/W ones.

Yes, saw the other ones afterwards. Really shocking how different people can look, photo to photo.

JamesBond007
08-01-2022, 09:13 PM

Have you posted your pic ? I have brown hair and eyes --I got Wales/Cornwall/Devonshire, Dark Scottish and Benelux while Creoda insisted I look Irish.

I would guess the megalithic culture throughout France and Britain is associated with it before the Celtics, Romans and Saxons but a slight Romanized form might exist in Wales in their version or take on paleo-atlantid.

It is quite rare in Ireland and more common in Wales, Cornwall, Glasgow and midlands England.

You don't do the DNA thing do you ? I get Cornwall England under 2.5 (legit) matching back to the 1st century BC :

Distance to: Kevin_scaled
0.02481755 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Cornwall
0.02681550 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_EnglandS
0.02759721 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesS
0.02971968 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesN
0.03059677 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Scotland
0.03110618 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Hibernian_Scotii
0.03175750 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Germania_Magna
0.03355049 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Langobards
0.03402022 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_EnglandN
0.03445164 Europe_Celto_Germanic: Peucini_Bastarni

Target: Kevin_scaled
Distance: 2.0335% / 0.02033481 | ADC: 0.5x RC
35.0 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Cornwall
30.6 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesN
22.0 Europe_Celto_Germanic: Peucini_Bastarni
6.2 Europe_Daco_Thracian: Dacians
6.2 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Hibernian_Scotii

https://www.exploreyourdna.com/calculateur/136/tomenable-1st-century-bc.htm

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 11:15 PM
Kraut's what I'm most mistaken for, just so happens.
I'm actually 2/3rds Danish, 1/4 Irish, Norwegian's about an 8th, there was talk of a Kraut sneaking in that into that blend, but Frisian, so who knows if that counts. Colouring and sharp features came from the Danish side mostly.

All four of my grandparents have ancestry from various locations. All four are English, Irish, Scottish, Ulster-Scottish, and Welsh, so they're "mixed". I can't divide the input like you can. I have fraction envy.

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 11:17 PM
I blame the Anglo-Norman invasion.

You know those Normans. They looked just like Sicilians.

Anglo-Celtic
08-01-2022, 11:23 PM
Have you posted your pic ? I have brown hair and eyes --I got Wales/Cornwall/Devonshire, Dark Scottish and Benelux while Creoda insisted I look Irish.

I would guess the megalithic culture throughout France and Britain is associated with it before the Celtics, Romans and Saxons but a slight Romanized form might exist in Wales in their version or take on paleo-atlantid.

It is quite rare in Ireland and more common in Wales, Cornwall, Glasgow and midlands England.

You don't do the DNA thing do you ? I get Cornwall England under 2.5 (legit) matching back to the 1st century BC :

0.02481755 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Cornwall
0.02681550 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_EnglandS
0.02759721 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesS
0.02971968 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesN
0.03059677 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Scotland
0.03110618 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Hibernian_Scotii
0.03175750 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Germania_Magna
0.03355049 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Langobards
0.03402022 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_EnglandN
0.03445164 Europe_Celto_Germanic: Peucini_Bastarni

Distance: 2.0335% / 0.02033481 | ADC: 0.5x RC
35.0 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_Cornwall
30.6 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Brittonic_WalesN
22.0 Europe_Celto_Germanic: Peucini_Bastarni
6.2 Europe_Daco_Thracian: Dacians
6.2 Europe_Celto_Germanic:Hibernian_Scotii

https://www.exploreyourdna.com/calculateur/136/tomenable-1st-century-bc.htm

It's funny that you mention that. My guess is that our dark eyes and dark hair might come from Welsh forebears and/or Western English forebears instead of the "noise". Of course, as Grace often shows, more than a few Irish people have darker features than one might expect. Just look at Phil Lynott.

Oliver109
08-01-2022, 11:48 PM

Lol i picked that photo because it empathised his dark hair and eyes though i will say that you can see his skintone is not especially dark in the picture, he looks fairly normal for Ireland, apparently quite a few people in the republican movement tended to darker features and still do today like the current leader of Sinn Feinn.

JamesBond007
08-01-2022, 11:50 PM
It's funny that you mention that. My guess is that our dark eyes and dark hair might come from Welsh forebears and/or Western English forebears instead of the "noise". Of course, as Grace often shows, more than a few Irish people have darker features than one might expect. Just look at Phil Lynott.

At most 5% of Irish people look like nordicized meds or 'dark British isles types' while 30% of Welsh do it is not even close. Also, I guess more of these dark types could have been brought to Ireland with the cambro-norman invasion.

Tooting Carmen
08-01-2022, 11:52 PM
At most 5% of Irish people look like nordicized meds or 'dark British isles types' while 30% of Welsh do it is not even close. Also, I guess more of these dark types could have been brought to Ireland with the cambro-norman invasion.

Irish are only more light-eyed than the Welsh. Otherwise they are pretty similar.

Oliver109
08-01-2022, 11:59 PM

Maybe 15-20% for Welsh, there is still the feeling that one is in much the same country as England in Wales because the pigmentation is relatively similar, even the north west French are much more brunet i think.

JamesBond007
08-02-2022, 12:13 AM
Maybe 15-20% for Welsh, there is still the feeling that one is in much the same country as England in Wales because the pigmentation is relatively similar, even the north west French are much more brunet i think.

Ok, perhaps :

Target: Jamesbond_scaled
Distance: 1.3680% / 0.01367992
51.8 Celtic
48.2 Anglo-Saxon

Target: Irish
Distance: 0.8753% / 0.00875330
77.8 Celtic
22.2 Anglo-Saxon

Target: Welsh
Distance: 0.5630% / 0.00563047
62.2 Celtic
37.8 Anglo-Saxon

Target: English
Distance: 0.6890% / 0.00689019
57.0 Celtic
43.0 Anglo-Saxon

https://www.exploreyourdna.com/calculateur/131/g25-british-isles-calculator.htm

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 12:22 AM

There's no doubt. Still, that small percentage represents a lot of individuals, some of whom find their way on scores of anthropology boards, posts, and threads. That was a big thing during the prehistoric era of these forums. Catherine and Sean were the king and queen of "Celt" phenotypes.

billErobreren
08-02-2022, 12:29 AM
All four of my grandparents have ancestry from various locations. All four are English, Irish, Scottish, Ulster-Scottish, and Welsh, so they're "mixed". I can't divide the input like you can. I have fraction envy.

To be fair, I only have an easier time fractionalizing them because I'm not of foundational stock. You and JameBond007 are, to a huge amount. Gets tougher to do when your forebears were setting the place up. Scandinavia does have dark types like Claes Bang, Annisette Hansen and Christina Lindberg, even if people here choose to overlook those, but they don't look like the British examples.

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 12:36 AM
To be fair, I only have an easier time fractionalizing them because I'm not of foundational stock. You and JameBond007 are, to a huge amount. Gets tougher to do when your forebears were setting the place up. Scandinavia does have dark types like Claes Bang, Annisette Hansen and Christina Lindberg, even if people here choose to overlook those, but they don't look like the British examples.

People are stuck on stereotypes. Germans have blonde hair and blue eyes, Irish have red hair, Appalachians are uniformly Ulster Scottish, Americans are fat, etc..

billErobreren
08-02-2022, 12:48 AM
Irish are only more light-eyed than the Welsh. Otherwise they are pretty similar.
Agreed.
If you take their slightly higer odds of being brown eyed out the equation, the Welsh, are superficially the closest looking to the Irish, from what I've seen and you're looking at one of the few people that'll say the Irish are rather unique looking. I'll die on the hill saying the Irish have their own look. One quarter wasn't enough to get me to look like one, at all, for instance.

JamesBond007
08-02-2022, 02:13 AM
Agreed.
If you take their slightly higer odds of being brown eyed out the equation, the Welsh, are superficially the closest looking to the Irish, from what I've seen and you're looking at one of the few people that'll say the Irish are rather unique looking. I'll die on the hill saying the Irish have their own look. One quarter wasn't enough to get me to look like one, at all, for instance.

The Irish definitely have their own look and so do other ethnic groups such a the Jews. In the case of the Irish it is due to isolation being a fringe little Island in the Atlantic.

Take these two phenotypes :

https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article21341476.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/2_I200122_184852_2766720oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000204093 076o.jpg

https://hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/shannen-doherty-gty-bio.jpg?w=330

Then look at these two:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/trollhunters/images/5/56/399px-Lena_Headey_Primetime_Emmy_Awards_2014.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UBQhqb87Hww/UelgehfqJ9I/AAAAAAAAJlk/yNldFcVOy8M/s640/Hayley+Atwell+hot+photoshoot+(1).jpg

The Irish have different bone structure

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 02:18 AM
The Irish definitely have their own look and so do other ethnic groups such a the Jews. In the case of the Irish it is due to isolation being a fringe little Island in the Atlantic.

Take these two phenotypes :

https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article21341476.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/2_I200122_184852_2766720oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000204093 076o.jpg

https://hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/shannen-doherty-gty-bio.jpg?w=330

Then look at these two:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/trollhunters/images/5/56/399px-Lena_Headey_Primetime_Emmy_Awards_2014.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UBQhqb87Hww/UelgehfqJ9I/AAAAAAAAJlk/yNldFcVOy8M/s640/Hayley+Atwell+hot+photoshoot+(1).jpg

True, i find it is the case more with the Irish than with the Welsh who have a more shall we say generic isles look though some are more typical of the country. The eyes have a different quality in the Irish and also features like a wide forehead.

Creoda
08-02-2022, 02:27 AM
Agreed.
Welsh people are just Irish who couldn't swim

billErobreren
08-02-2022, 02:36 AM

Take these two phenotypes

The first one got me thinking "Man, Maura Tierney got fat." Also Irish by stock, what are the odds? No disagreements here. An island shed from the rest with few ways to meet them in the old day, should have their own look.

And they just do, realistically where else can we imagine the likes of Feargal Sharkey or Morrissey being spawned in the continent? I know I can't.

JamesBond007
08-02-2022, 05:10 AM
Welsh people are just Irish who couldn't swim

Maybe, originally, but the Scots are only slightly marginally more Germanic. Scots and Welsh are geographically closer and connected to England , hence, probably have more Germanic admixture than the Irish. Celts with Germanic admixture you say ? You betcha :

https://media.springernature.com/full/springer-static/image/art%3A10.1038%2Fncomms10408/MediaObjects/41467_2016_Article_BFncomms10408_Fig2_HTML.jpg?as= webp

(A) The ratio of the numbers of rare alleles shared with modern Dutch and Spanish samples as a function of the allele count in the set of modern samples. Ancient sample codes (left-hand and middle sections) are defined in Table 1. Results from present-day British individuals (right hand panel) are averaged over 10 individuals from each subpopulation. Results from a Dutch and a Spanish individual are shown for comparison. Error bars are calculated from raw count statistics and using s.e. propagation (Methods section). (b) The relative fraction of rare alleles shared with modern Dutch compared with Spanish alleles, integrated up to allele count five in the modern samples. Iron Age and Anglo-Saxon samples mark the two extremes on this projection, while modern samples are spread between them, indicating mixed levels of Anglo-Saxon ancestry, which is on average higher in East England than in Wales and Scotland, with a large overlap. Two Early Anglo-Saxon samples from Oakington have been excluded from computing the average, indicated by empty circles, because they show evidence for being admixed (O3) or of non-immigrant ancestry (O4). One modern sample from Scotland is also excluded, indidated as empty circle because it is a clear outlier with respect to all other Scottish samples. Samples are shown with a random vertical offset for better clarity.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms10408

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 06:01 AM
And they just do, realistically where else can we imagine the likes of Feargal Sharkey or Morrissey being spawned in the continent? I know I can't.

How soon is now, because it never happens to me? No one does "sad" like the Irish.

billErobreren
08-02-2022, 06:12 AM
How soon is now, because it never happens to me? No one does "sad" like the Irish.

Ha! This Charming Man is pleased.
You just became my favorite poster for those references. Hail 1983. The Irish are unbeaten. Portugal does a lot of sad songs, but no one touches the emerald Isle.

Creoda
08-02-2022, 08:18 AM
Maybe, originally, but the Scots are only slightly marginally more Germanic. Scots and Welsh are geographically closer and connected to England , hence, probably have more Germanic admixture than the Irish. Celts with Germanic admixture you say ? You betcha :

https://media.springernature.com/full/springer-static/image/art%3A10.1038%2Fncomms10408/MediaObjects/41467_2016_Article_BFncomms10408_Fig2_HTML.jpg?as= webp

(A) The ratio of the numbers of rare alleles shared with modern Dutch and Spanish samples as a function of the allele count in the set of modern samples. Ancient sample codes (left-hand and middle sections) are defined in Table 1. Results from present-day British individuals (right hand panel) are averaged over 10 individuals from each subpopulation. Results from a Dutch and a Spanish individual are shown for comparison. Error bars are calculated from raw count statistics and using s.e. propagation (Methods section). (b) The relative fraction of rare alleles shared with modern Dutch compared with Spanish alleles, integrated up to allele count five in the modern samples. Iron Age and Anglo-Saxon samples mark the two extremes on this projection, while modern samples are spread between them, indicating mixed levels of Anglo-Saxon ancestry, which is on average higher in East England than in Wales and Scotland, with a large overlap. Two Early Anglo-Saxon samples from Oakington have been excluded from computing the average, indicated by empty circles, because they show evidence for being admixed (O3) or of non-immigrant ancestry (O4). One modern sample from Scotland is also excluded, indidated as empty circle because it is a clear outlier with respect to all other Scottish samples. Samples are shown with a random vertical offset for better clarity.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms10408
Outdated study.

https://i.postimg.cc/sxKnKCPz/Screenshot-20220625-125120-copy-746x408.png
https://i.postimg.cc/mgT9BFGm/Screenshot-20220625-125147-copy-768x426.png

Grace O'Malley
08-02-2022, 10:37 AM
While there are unique looks to all populations I don't think the Irish as a whole are that different from neighbouring populations. I think there is some fetishization of populations on here. JamesBond above has posted Marylou McDonald who is quite unusual. He has also posted Shannon Doherty who is only partially Irish. She is of Irish, English, Scottish and remote French ancestry. For the British he has posted Lena Headley who has quite a good bit of Irish ancestry as well as English. He has also posted Hayley Atwell who has English, Irish, some German and Scottish.

Some fully Irish actresses Sarah Bolger

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/sarah-bolger-2.jpg

Katie McGrath

https://blogograph.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Katie-McGrath-1.jpg?ezimgfmt=rs:367x473/rscb6/ng:webp/ngcb6

Sharon Horgan

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/sharon-horgan-headshot-1-1650449965.jpg

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 01:07 PM
While there are unique looks to all populations I don't think the Irish as a whole are that different from neighbouring populations. I think there is some fetishization of populations on here. JamesBond above has posted Marylou McDonald who is quite unusual. He has also posted Shannon Doherty who is only partially Irish. She is of Irish, English, Scottish and remote French ancestry. For the British he has posted Lena Headley who has quite a good bit of Irish ancestry as well as English. He has also posted Hayley Atwell who has English, Irish, some German and Scottish.

Some fully Irish actresses Sarah Bolger

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/sarah-bolger-2.jpg

Katie McGrath

https://blogograph.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Katie-McGrath-1.jpg?ezimgfmt=rs:367x473/rscb6/ng:webp/ngcb6

Sharon Horgan

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/sharon-horgan-headshot-1-1650449965.jpg

First two look really Irish, especially the first with the well defined cheekbones and flatter nose tip, 3rd looks really English or Scottish, she is from Meath so one of the more British influenced counties of Ireland.

Grace O'Malley
08-02-2022, 01:23 PM
First two look really Irish, especially the first with the well defined cheekbones and flatter nose tip, 3rd looks really English or Scottish, she is from Meath so one of the more British influenced counties of Ireland.

Irish areas have miniscule genetic distances. Sharon Horgan is the sister of Irish rugby player Shane Horgan. I posted these as they are fully Irish whereas the people posted above as representing Irish and British have mixed Irish and British ancestry. Also Sarah Bolger is from Dublin.

Shane Horgan now I doubt you would say he looks English? :)

https://img.resized.co/98fm/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL21lZG lhLnJhZGlvY21zLm5ldFxcXC91cGxvYWRzXFxcL2NvbnRlbnRc XFwvMDA2XFxcL2ltYWdlc1xcXC8wMDAwMzZcXFwvNDg1ODRfNT RfcGFnZXNfMDZfMjIzOTdfNjU2eDUwMC5qcGdcIixcIndpZHRo XCI6OTcwLFwiaGVpZ2h0XCI6NDg1LFwiZGVmYXVsdFwiOlwiaH R0cHM6XFxcL1xcXC93d3cuOThmbS5jb21cXFwvaW1hZ2VzXFxc L25vX2ltYWdlLnBuZ1wifSIsImhhc2giOiIwMzhmODY3YTAwOD k3Y2Q0NTY3ZmJhNDM1YWRlOTgzOTMwNmVlZmI1In0=/34-leinster-could-go-down-director-of-rugby-route-too-34-shane-horgan.jpg

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Irish areas have miniscule genetic distances. Sharon Horgan is the sister of Irish rugby player Shane Horgan. I posted these as they are fully Irish whereas the people posted above as representing Irish and British have mixed Irish and British ancestry. Also Sarah Bolger is from Dublin.

Shane Horgan now I doubt you would say he looks English? :)

https://img.resized.co/98fm/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL21lZG lhLnJhZGlvY21zLm5ldFxcXC91cGxvYWRzXFxcL2NvbnRlbnRc XFwvMDA2XFxcL2ltYWdlc1xcXC8wMDAwMzZcXFwvNDg1ODRfNT RfcGFnZXNfMDZfMjIzOTdfNjU2eDUwMC5qcGdcIixcIndpZHRo XCI6OTcwLFwiaGVpZ2h0XCI6NDg1LFwiZGVmYXVsdFwiOlwiaH R0cHM6XFxcL1xcXC93d3cuOThmbS5jb21cXFwvaW1hZ2VzXFxc L25vX2ltYWdlLnBuZ1wifSIsImhhc2giOiIwMzhmODY3YTAwOD k3Y2Q0NTY3ZmJhNDM1YWRlOTgzOTMwNmVlZmI1In0=/34-leinster-could-go-down-director-of-rugby-route-too-34-shane-horgan.jpg

Shane Horgan doesn't look ultra Irish, though he looks more Irish than English i think his look does crop up in England enough for it to be native here. Many dubliners and of course eastern Irish have western Irish ancestry, much in the same way that a lot of Londoners and eastern English have Welsh ancestry so of course you are gonna get western Irish looks in those areas.

Grace O'Malley
08-02-2022, 02:07 PM
Shane Horgan doesn't look ultra Irish, though he looks more Irish than English i think his look does crop up in England enough for it to be native here. Many dubliners and of course eastern Irish have western Irish ancestry, much in the same way that a lot of Londoners and eastern English have Welsh ancestry so of course you are gonna get western Irish looks in those areas.

Most Irish don't look "ultra Irish" whatever that look is? That's my point and there is no "western Irish" look. There are some unique types but the majority of people are not that distinguishable. Basically no part of Ireland was isolated from other parts and genetics proves this. Of course eastern Ireland is closer to Britain due to the proximity geographically. From genetic testing the most isolated part of Ireland, the most unique, is Donegal but Ireland is just in a non separated cluster with Britain and southeast British are closest to populations in the Benelux so a continuous cluster. The Irish aren't like the Basque who form their own cluster and genetically they aren't as separated from the main European cluster as some other populations.

https://media.irishpost.co.uk/uploads/2018/01/dd.png

This is an Ancestry dna plot which illustrates this.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55d49893e4b0caee6f77186f/1559843339212-3ABEL2NK6X5EPTWBXJV7/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNZZrSIXSB8b1FFURETINVlZw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWQUxwkmyExglNqGp0IvTJZamWLI2zvYWH 8K3-s_4yszcp2ryTI0HqTOaaUohrI8PITrRalicwp1T9WjCkuC6JNL O3tA9u_78qH8okaiZjc8A/DNA+ethnicity+estimation+Ancestry+reference+panels +populations+Jayne+3.png?format=1000w

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 02:18 PM
Most Irish don't look "ultra Irish" whatever that look is? That's my point and there is no "western Irish" look. There are some unique types but the majority of people are not that distinguishable. Basically no part of Ireland was isolated from other parts and genetics proves this. Of course eastern Ireland is closer to Britain due to the proximity geographically. From genetic testing the most isolated part of Ireland, the most unique, is Donegal but Ireland is just in a non separated cluster with Britain and southeast British are closest to populations in the Benelux so a continuous cluster. The Irish aren't like the Basque who form their own cluster and genetically they aren't as separated from the main European cluster as some other populations.

https://media.irishpost.co.uk/uploads/2018/01/dd.png

This is an Ancestry dna plot which illustrates this.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55d49893e4b0caee6f77186f/1559843339212-3ABEL2NK6X5EPTWBXJV7/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNZZrSIXSB8b1FFURETINVlZw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWQUxwkmyExglNqGp0IvTJZamWLI2zvYWH 8K3-s_4yszcp2ryTI0HqTOaaUohrI8PITrRalicwp1T9WjCkuC6JNL O3tA9u_78qH8okaiZjc8A/DNA+ethnicity+estimation+Ancestry+reference+panels +populations+Jayne+3.png?format=1000w

I still think there are distinct looks between all countries in Europe, just like you can have people who look very Dutch or Spanish, Swedish etc, someone like Haaland would look very foreign in Britain or even in Belgium. I went to school where about 20% of the pupils were of Irish descent, many looked distinctively different from the English pupils.

Grace O'Malley
08-02-2022, 02:22 PM
I still think there are distinct looks between all countries in Europe, just like you can have people who look very Dutch or Spanish, Swedish etc, someone like Haaland would look very foreign in Britain or even in Belgium. I went to school where about 20% of the pupils were of Irish descent, many looked distinctively different from the English pupils.

I agree and this can be seen in group pictures but most populations will blend into the other especially neighbouring populations. People will post very distinctive types and ignore the big overlap in phenotype.

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 02:23 PM
Someone who i think looks very Irish is the union leader M Lynch who has been in the news a lot here recently, slightly brachycephalic and with a distinct nose and mouth shape, you just have a feeling he isn't English
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/comp-lynch-2006-jw.jpg

Grace O'Malley
08-02-2022, 02:28 PM
Someone who i think looks very Irish is the union leader M Lynch who has been in the news a lot here recently, slightly brachycephalic and with a distinct nose and mouth shape, you just have a feeling he isn't English
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/comp-lynch-2006-jw.jpg

I don't know about the man you posted but Brian O'Driscoll looks distinctively Irish to me. Here he is with his wife.

https://mm.aiircdn.com/620/5da5f60a8affb.png

Oliver109
08-02-2022, 02:32 PM
I don't know about the man you posted but Brian O'Driscoll looks distinctively Irish to me. Here he is with his wife.

https://mm.aiircdn.com/620/5da5f60a8affb.png

He does, especially the eyes and the slight brachycephaly that i think is more common in the Irish.

JamesBond007
08-02-2022, 04:51 PM
I agree and this can be seen in group pictures but most populations will blend into the other especially neighbouring populations. People will post very distinctive types and ignore the big overlap in phenotype.

"The common classes [of Ireland] are strongly marked with the national peculiarity of features, and by this they are readily recognized in other countries." -- "A Pictorial Geography of the World" (1856).

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/news/c9fff/40130301.ece/AUTOCROP/w620/2021-02-25_cor_67791168_I1.JPG

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/35_john_f_kennedy.jpg?resize=768,768

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/caricature.jpg

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 10:33 AM
Normal variation within populations. The Irish are among the lightest Europeans but some people like to highlight their "darkest" individuals to invent links with populations further south.

It's more than that. They want them to have features that are more pleasing to *them*, which explains why they hight Colin Farrell types at the expense of Brendan Gleeson types.

Tooting Carmen
08-04-2022, 10:42 AM
It's more than that. They want them to have features that are more pleasing to *them*, which explains why they hight Colin Farrell types at the expense of Brendan Gleeson types.

Both men are handsome in their own different ways though.

Grace O'Malley
08-04-2022, 10:55 AM

Brendan Gleeson does very well as he's a great actor. He also has some sons that act. Domhnall is most probably the most successful of his sons. Colin was very different in that recent series The North Water now he was "creepy" in that. :) That was quite a dark series but some good actors in it such as Jack O'Connell and Stephen Graham.

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 11:20 AM
Both men are handsome in their own different ways though.

They're both cool. I'm just referring to individual preference in that (name excluded) pretended that there were more dark types in Ireland than there actually were since (name excluded) was more attracted to that type.

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 11:23 AM
Brendan Gleeson does very well as he's a great actor. He also has some sons that act. Domhnall is most probably the most successful of his sons. Colin was very different in that recent series The North Water now he was "creepy" in that. :) That was quite a dark series but some good actors in it such as Jack O'Connell and Stephen Graham.

Brendan Gleeson is one of my favorite character actors, and he was great in "Braveheart" (one of my faves) and "Gangs of New York" (Herbert Asbury's book is a must-read). My dad's cousin looks a bit like him (must be those ancient Donegal genes).

Grace O'Malley
08-04-2022, 11:31 AM
Brendan Gleeson is one of my favorite character actors, and he was great in "Braveheart" (one of my faves) and "Gangs of New York" (Herbert Asbury's book is a must-read). My dad's cousin looks a bit like him (must be those ancient Donegal genes).

Sorry this is a bit OT but did you take an Ancestry test because they are doing another update this month.

Yes I've got a cousin who looks like Brendan and he's on the paternal side but that side also has some darker types more similar to Matt Dillon.

Creoda
08-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Braveheart is one of your favourite films? Because of its historical accuracy? Gangs of New York was another one, so real I thought I was watching a documentary :lie:

Did you see In Bruges?

Grace O'Malley
08-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Braveheart is one of your favourite films? Because of its historical accuracy? Gangs of New York was another one, so real I thought I was watching a documentary :lie:

Did you see In Bruges?

I'm sure Anglo-Celtic will answer but In Bruges is brilliant. Up there with my favourites.

Creoda
08-04-2022, 12:08 PM
I'm sure Anglo-Celtic will answer but In Bruges is brilliant. Up there with my favourites.
Yes, it's quite funny. I assumed that's why he mentioned Gleeson and Farrell in the same breath.

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 10:33 PM
Sorry this is a bit OT but did you take an Ancestry test because they are doing another update this month.

Yes I've got a cousin who looks like Brendan and he's on the paternal side but that side also has some darker types more similar to Matt Dillon.

Some of my family took it. Unfortunately, they care less for genealogy than I do for Latvian folk songs.

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 10:36 PM
Braveheart is one of your favourite films? Because of its historical accuracy?

Absolutely not. If I want historical accuracy, I'll watch "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves".

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Yes, it's quite funny. I assumed that's why he mentioned Gleeson and Farrell in the same breath.

It was a case of synchronicity, In any event, I'll put "In Bruges" on my must-see list, along with "Stranger Things", when it's a good time to binge watch.

Creoda
08-05-2022, 12:02 AM
Absolutely not. If I want historical accuracy, I'll watch "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves".
Probably better off watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP245bQ6Fk

(still kind of enjoy it for nostalgic reasons)

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 12:24 AM
Probably better off watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP245bQ6Fk

(still kind of enjoy it for nostalgic reasons)

My first choice, for a major movie that closely adhered to historical accuracy, was "Excalibur". Kids might not be familiar with it, though.

Creoda
08-05-2022, 12:32 AM
My first choice, for a major movie that closely adhered to historical accuracy, was "Excalibur". Kids might not be familiar with it, though.
Yeah, Excalibur is great and a visually beautiful film (shot in the magical-looking Irish countryside), and with Arthurian myth there is artistic licence anyway. And Wagner over the top, amazing.

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 12:41 AM
Yeah, Excalibur is great and a visually beautiful film (shot in the magical-looking Irish countryside), and with Arthurian myth there is artistic licence anyway. And Wagner over the top, amazing.

They claimed that "King Arthur" adhered to historical accuracy. Hence the uniformly blonde Saxons and the uniformly brunette Britons.

Creoda
08-05-2022, 01:09 AM
They claimed that "King Arthur" adhered to historical accuracy. Hence the uniformly blonde Saxons and the uniformly brunette Britons.
Ugh, I hated that trash. Yep, they cast the Britons to be pseudo-Iberian looking, and the Saxons were basically portrayed as Nazi's, contributing to those (anti-English) myths in the public consciousness.

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 01:32 AM
Ugh, I hated that trash. Yep, they cast the Britons to be pseudo-Iberian looking, and the Saxons were basically portrayed as Nazi's, contributing to those (anti-English) myths in the public consciousness.

Look on the bright side. If Irish pirates were in the movie, they would all look like Bozo the Clown.

Creoda
08-05-2022, 01:39 AM
Look on the bright side. If Irish pirates were in the movie, they would all look like Bozo the Clown.
They might have gotten JB007 to do the casting for the Irish; every Irish character would be played by Colm Meaney, even the women.

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 01:45 AM
They might have gotten JB007 to do the casting for the Irish; every Irish character would be played by Colm Meaney, even the women.

Some men "read" Playboy. James Bond reads 1800s issues of Punch for the same reasons.

JamesBond007
08-05-2022, 03:54 AM
Some men "read" Playboy. James Bond reads 1800s issues of Punch for the same reasons.

Well, Capitalists uphold both the Roman empire and the British empire up as models to be emulated. I obviously, am not going to identify with the Roman empire :

Distance: 2.7549% / 0.02754937 | ADC: 0.5x RC
71.8 Thule:Norwegian
28.2 Gallia_Belgica:Belgian

0.02966312 Thule:Norwegian
0.03119617 Hibernia:Irish
0.03173767 Britannia:English
0.03738947 Germania:German
0.03928185 Gallia_Belgica:Belgian
0.04744540 Raetia:Austrian
0.05583738 Pannonia:Hungarian
0.05975983 Gallia_Lugdunensis:French_Auvergne
0.06042822 Gallia:Swiss_French
0.06541143 Gallia_Narbonensis:French_Provence

https://www.exploreyourdna.com/calculateur/50/g25-roman-map-of-the-worl-version-finale.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAXtDr1i9Rw

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Sack_of_Rome_by_the_Visigoths_on_24_August_410_by_ JN_Sylvestre_1890.jpg/300px-Sack_of_Rome_by_the_Visigoths_on_24_August_410_by_ JN_Sylvestre_1890.jpg

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 04:21 AM
Distance to:Kevin_scaled
0.02966312 Thule:Norwegian
0.03119617 Hibernia:Irish
0.03173767 Britannia:English
0.03738947 Germania:German

Look at second place. Self hate is a helluva drug.

Dick
08-05-2022, 04:37 AM
What does it matter if he's "exotic" looking in some pictures, he's still Irish. I wonder if Dublin will be mostly Irish in 20 years or so. The Great Replacement in white countries may be a racist, anti-semitic, islamophobic conspiracy theory but it's also happening and they're winning.

Anglo-Celtic
08-05-2022, 04:48 AM
What does it matter if he's "exotic" looking in some pictures, he's still Irish. I wonder if Dublin will be mostly Irish in 20 years or so. The Great Replacement in white countries may be a racist, anti-semitic, islamophobic conspiracy theory but it's also happening and they're winning.

It's no conspiracy theory. There are old clips of Democrats and their media hacks supporting it, so I guess that makes them anti-White.

Dick
08-05-2022, 04:52 AM
It's no conspiracy theory. There are old clips of Democrats and their media hacks supporting it, so I guess that makes them anti-White.

Yeah I know. the next plandemic is donkeypox(get it, donkey vs elephant), it only affects Republican voters

JamesBond007
08-05-2022, 05:27 AM

Nah, illustrativeDNA does a much better job at curating this raw technology. I am Scottish but super lowland hence Dutch shows up too :

https://i.postimg.cc/0QhjT0mD/Polish-20220805-005236193.png

https://i.postimg.cc/2y5GtmQV/Polish-20220805-010324765.png

Scots (endonym: Scots; Scottish Gaelic: Albais/Beurla Ghallta) is an Anglic language variety in the West Germanic language family, spoken in Scotland and parts of Ulster in the north of Ireland (where the local dialect is known as Ulster Scots).[4] Most commonly spoken in the Scottish Lowlands, Northern Isles and northern Ulster, it is sometimes called Lowland Scots or Broad Scots to distinguish it from Scottish Gaelic, the Goidelic Celtic language that was historically restricted to most of the Scottish Highlands, the Hebrides and Galloway after the 16th century.[5] Modern Scots is a sister language of Modern English, as the two diverged independently from the same source: Early Middle English (1150–1300[6]).[7][8]"--Wikipedia

Vikings still running rampant in Scottish DNA :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZBBaLPm4Xc

https://www.scotsman.com/images-e.jpimedia.uk/imagefetch/http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/Prestige.Item.1.39922627!image/24391659.jpg?quality=65&smart&width=990

JamesBond007
08-05-2022, 05:34 AM

Here is a dirty little secret lowland Scots are Germanic and there is more sheep than people in the Highlands :

A most important obstacle in civilised countries to an increase in the number of men of a superior class has been strongly urged by Mr. Greg and Mr. Galton,238 174namely, the fact that the very poor and reckless, who are often degraded by vice, almost invariably marry early, whilst the careful and frugal, who are generally otherwise virtuous, marry late in life, so that they may be able to support themselves and their children in comfort. Those who marry early produce within a given period not only a greater number of generations, but, as shewn by Dr. Duncan,239 they produce many more children. The children, moreover, that are born by mothers during the prime of life are heavier and larger, and therefore probably more vigorous, than those born at other periods. Thus the reckless, degraded, and often vicious members of society, tend to increase at a quicker rate than the provident and generally virtuous members. Or as Mr. Greg puts the case: “The careless, squalid, unaspiring Irishman multiplies like rabbits: the frugal, foreseeing, self-respecting, ambitious Scot, stern in his morality, spiritual in his faith, sagacious and disciplined in his intelligence, passes his best years in struggle and in celibacy, marries late, and leaves few behind him. Given a land originally peopled by a thousand Saxons and a thousand Celts—and in a dozen generations five-sixths of the population would be Celts, but five-sixths of the property, of the power, of the intellect, would belong to the one-sixth of Saxons that remained. In the eternal ‘struggle for existence,’ it would be the inferior and less favoured race that had prevailed—and prevailed by virtue not of its good qualities but of its faults.” --Charles Darwin

JamesBond007
08-05-2022, 07:27 AM

White people don't exist. The Irish only became 'white' by helping to oppress 'blacks'. Irish people are Irish, Scots are Scots and English are English.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/P/B00EDQCEKG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

JamesBond007
08-05-2022, 07:34 AM

I dunno, what 'white' is but whatever it is something tells me it means Germanics while the Irish are 'celts' :

"But I am haunted by the human chimpanzees I saw along that hundred miles of horrible country. I don’t believe they are our fault, I believe that there are not only more of them than of old, but that they are happier, better, more comfortably fed and lodged under our rule than they ever were. But to see white chimpanzees is dreadful; if they were black, one would not feel it so much, but their skins, except where tanned by exposure, are as white as ours."--Charles Kingsley

Anglo-Celtic
08-06-2022, 12:00 AM
Yeah I know. the next plandemic is donkeypox(get it, donkey vs elephant), it only affects Republican voters

They always "find" a bug or a variant. We'll have turkeypox just in time for the November elections, but we should have two national days of thanksgiving if the Democrats are swept out of Washington by a Red tsunami.

Anglo-Celtic
08-06-2022, 12:14 AM
Here is a dirty little secret lowland Scots are Germanic and there is more sheep than people in the Highlands.

Here's my dirty little secret. Most of my Lowlander ancestors came from Galloway, so they're not Germanic.

Renekton
08-06-2022, 01:27 AM
Atlantid.

Grace O'Malley
08-08-2022, 09:22 AM

Brendan and Colin have a new movie coming out also directed by Martin McDonagh who did In Bruges. I'll be watching this when it is available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRu3zLOJN2c

Anglo-Celtic
08-08-2022, 11:31 AM
Brendan and Colin have a new movie coming out also directed by Martin McDonagh who did In Bruges. I'll be watching this when it is available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRu3zLOJN2c

The movie's plot is very original, and it looks like an entertaining movie, from the clip. It's one of those rare appealing flicks in a contemporary film industry full of celluloid woke dreck.

White Swan
08-08-2022, 12:46 PM

Lol they are soo German. I grew up in the Midwest with a german/Swiss family, but can't be more than 10% German myself. It's a tough world lol

Anglo-Celtic
08-09-2022, 12:54 AM
Lol they are soo German. I grew up in the Midwest with a german/Swiss family, but can't be more than 10% German myself. It's a tough world lol

It's okay. They still let me participate in Oktoberfest.

White Swan
08-09-2022, 02:37 AM
It's okay. They still let me participate in Oktoberfest.

Lol yes and the Shweitzerfest