PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on the European Union

Skandi
04-12-2009, 02:22 PM
What do you think of the union and it's constant drive for closer integration? Do you think that becoming the "United states of Europe" will help us? Or will it just remove the cultural differences that have taken hundreds of years of Nationalism to develop?

Hilding
04-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I think Sweden should leave the EU. The EU seems to put effort in deciding what shape cucumbers should have and how big a strawberry should be and such. They try to ban "snus" (swedish tobaccoe you have under your lip, ALOT healthier than smoking) etc. I see no benefits from the EU, only irritating rules her and there. The latest thing, I heard on the radio, is that Sweden must LOWER the demands on the security inspections on caravans regarding the gas for kitchen. The results? More caravans will obviously explode...

Beorn
04-12-2009, 02:50 PM
What do you think of the union and it's constant drive for closer integration?

I can't stand the EU. Never have and never will. There is a huge chasm of difference between the unified empire which is the EU and a united Europe allied to a common purpose.

The EU is successfully doing what the French couldn't do under Napoleon and what Germany failed to do under Hitler.

In the drive for integration the thousands year old cultures are slowly being driven from their rightful place only to be replaced by modern, tacky 'neo-Europeanism'.

Do you think that becoming the "United states of Europe" will help us?

No.

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
The EU(SSR) is a neo-Marxist dictatorship in the making which aims to destroy European nation states, enslave the populations through super-surveillance and endless laws and concentrate all the power in the hands of a selected few elites who managed to claw their way into the club.

I'm all for European political cooperation, trade, free movement and social interaction and friendship but consider the idea of a politically integrated block to be against the interests of the nations (meaning peoples) of Europe.

I'm pro Europe but ANTI-EU.

Red Skull
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I can't stand the EU. Never have and never will. There is a huge chasm of difference between the unified empire which is the EU and a united Europe allied to a common purpose.

The EU is successfully doing what the French couldn't do under Napoleon and what Germany failed to do under Hitler.

In the drive for integration the thousands year old cultures are slowly being driven from their rightful place only to be replaced by modern, tacky 'neo-Europeanism'.
The first two paragraphs I can't find anything negative with, the third makes me curious. How does this 'replacing of cultures' actually take place?

My opinions on the European Union are as objective as I can make them. I have a negative view of the current structure and political leadership of the Union, but I have a positive view on the making of Empire. The Empire that Europe should always have been. Europe is being merged into a unified entity in a subtle manner, i.e. a manner that is not internal war. I believe that the negative feelings should be directed towards the politicians of the Union, and not the Union itself.

Skandi
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a positive view on the making of Empire. The Empire that Europe should always have been. Europe is being merged into a unified entity in a subtle manner, i.e. a manner that is not internal war. I believe that the negative feelings should be directed towards the politicians of the Union, and not the Union itself.

I'm not sure how much more I can disagree with you here, I have no desire to live in a European Empire, I'm Welsh at worst British, but never European. I want my life dictated from closer to home than Brussels thank you very much.

Treffie
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Where do I start? Ah yes, it's a huge waste of taxpayers' money.:mad:

Freomęg
04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
My thoughts are that the EU represents looming totalitarianism. All other evidence aside, the fact that we've not been given a democratic say in whether or not we want to join says everything. Completely undemocratic, but then "start as you mean to go on".

Educate yourself here: www.eutruth.org.uk (http://www.eutruth.org.uk/)

Lulletje Rozewater
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I came across this website.(3 pages)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread363754/pg1

Vulpix
04-28-2009, 02:32 PM
The EU is a deliberate plan which seeks the deterioration -and eventual loss- of power of its members, with the goal to instead concentrate power in the few hands of a self-appointed EU elite.

Tabiti
04-28-2009, 02:53 PM
If it is for national respect, help and open borders within the union, yes!
But seems the EU direction is quite different - establishing multiculturalism, making rich states poorer and poor even poorer. Some gang in Brussels controls the whole union, trying to erase national identities developed for thousands of years, just to make profit in certain economical spheres.
We are not USA, nor USSR, nor the Roman Empire and would never been like them. Unique, independence and diversity, that don't stand against mutual aid and national respect - those must be the ideals Europe should achieve, because they formed the whole European culture, an world standart!

SwordoftheVistula
04-29-2009, 07:59 AM
I believe that the negative feelings should be directed towards the politicians of the Union, and not the Union itself.

A union of this nature is going to produce politicians of that sort. Bad politicians tend to get elected because other the people voting for them don't feel the effects of their decisions, and because they can fool people with the media. Both effects are aggravated by geographic distance.

Svarog
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
The way to easier control European people, why loads of small countries, that have their identity, culture to preserve, tradition, pride and history to base their future on when they can have one big gray union of mindless morons with no tradition or identity, that share same laws and live by the same rules, and difference between nations cannot be told?

Bah, European Union is the same as the women or men that likes to "unite" with a lot of people, one big whore and nothing else. Hey, can I come and shop in your country, I see mini towels are 50% off, not that I need them but tele-shop said they are great, I pay in euros and dignity