PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me?

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 11:13 PM
I appreciate and enjoy Apricity, and I commend Loki for his good work. However, the performance is as slow as molasses. I often can't even access the site. I'm guessing that it's not just me.

Willie B Hardagin
08-02-2022, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm new here and I'm in my 70s. I'm just happy to have the internet at all considering the way it was. Heck, I'm still amazed by email but I'm an old dog.

Volvado Seja
08-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Yes, its not just you, sometimes i need to close my browser to access TA

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 11:26 PM
Well, I'm new here and I'm in my 70s. I'm just happy to have the internet at all considering the way it was. Heck, I'm still amazed by email but I'm an old dog.

Welcome to the forum. Dick's not the lone Boomer now.

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 11:28 PM
Yes, its not just you, sometimes i need to close my browser to access TA

It's gotten worse. I see 524 more than any other number now.

Willie B Hardagin
08-02-2022, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. Dick's not the lone Boomer now.

Thank you young man. I might be the only one here with the senior discount.

Volvado Seja
08-02-2022, 11:29 PM
It's gotten worse. I see 524 more than any other number now.

Me too

Hasien
08-02-2022, 11:31 PM
SAME HERE! I even have to login In Incognito mode for the clear browser cookies..

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 11:36 PM
SAME HERE! I even have to login In Incognito mode for the clear browser cookies..

I'm relieved. I thought that the Illuminati were out to get me.

Victor
08-02-2022, 11:44 PM
I appreciate and enjoy Apricity, and I commend Loki for his good work. However, the performance is as slow as molasses. I often can't even access the site. I'm guessing that it's not just me.

When I write longer message/text I always save it to the notes, as there's always a chance it won't be sent at all xD

Anglo-Celtic
08-02-2022, 11:56 PM
When I write longer message/text I always save it to the notes, as there's always a chance it won't be sent at all xD

I hear you. You just solved the mystery as to why I write short posts.

Colonel Frank Grimes
08-03-2022, 12:05 AM

Often? It happens sometimes for me but not often. It happened about an hour ago but for maybe a minute. Another poster said sometimes his posts don't go through. That has never happened to me. We seem to have different experiences. The forum is also not slow for me.

Anglo-Celtic
08-03-2022, 12:10 AM
Often? It happens sometimes for me but not often. It happened about an hour ago but for maybe a minute. Another poster said sometimes his posts don't go through. That has never happened to me. We seem to have different experiences. The forum is also not slow for me.

You're lucky because some members experience problems every day. Of course, Loki's server always liked you the most.

Colonel Frank Grimes
08-03-2022, 12:42 AM
You're lucky because some members experience problems every day. Of course, Loki's server always liked you the most.

Sometimes it will lag but that's more of an issue with my phone. It lags often on my phone.

Ironically I got a 524 error after I made this post.

Anglo-Celtic
08-03-2022, 12:50 AM
Sometimes it will lag but that's more of an issue with my phone. It lags often on my phone.

Ironically I got a 524 error after I made this post.

I get one or more every day. Maybe a squirrel got to the server, one from the gang that gives us yearly blackouts.

Loki
08-03-2022, 08:56 AM

Yes unfortunately we are having intermittent performance issues on the server, as this website's database is very big and growing by the day. Almost 7 million posts in the database.

Perhaps at some point I would have to think about upgrading, or else do some extensive server maintenance to tweak the performance. All I can do at this point is apologize to members for the bad experience.

Loki
08-03-2022, 08:59 AM

That's a very good idea :)

Anglo-Celtic
08-03-2022, 11:20 AM
Yes unfortunately we are having intermittent performance issues on the server, as this website's database is very big and growing by the day. Almost 7 million posts in the database.

Perhaps at some point I would have to think about upgrading, or else do some extensive server maintenance to tweak the performance. All I can do at this point is apologize to members for the bad experience.

Thanks for your reply. Your forum, with gremlins, is still better than most forums without them.

Drawing-slim
08-04-2022, 01:20 AM
Unfortunately this is the reason i stopped being active. Impossible to use. Just last 24 hours that i came back my iphone is totally fucked, dead slow almost unusable at this point.
And this is the third attempt trying to post this because the site kicks ne out and have to login again and again 100 times a day.

Anglo-Celtic
08-04-2022, 01:25 AM
Unfortunately this is the reason i stopped being active. Impossible to use. Just last 24 hours that i came back my iphone is totally fucked, dead slow almost unusable at this point.
And this is the third attempt trying to post this because the site kicks ne out and have to login again and again 100 times a day.

It's the pits when that happens. On the other hand, I'm relieved that it's not just me since that's where my mind often goes.