PDA

View Full Version : Classify Marilyn Monroe

Mortimer
08-28-2022, 04:18 AM
Was she German or British? Maybe I mistake her for someone else but think she was German and ashamed to be German because of the war?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQIvhotZSUw

Grace O'Malley
08-28-2022, 04:27 AM
There was never any connection for Marilyn Monroe to Germany nor has there ever been any hint of German ancestry.

Her ancestry has now been verified by dna as her father was Charles Gifford. She is mostly English with some Scottish, Irish and Welsh.

Xacal
08-28-2022, 04:27 AM
Borreby

Mortimer
08-28-2022, 04:30 AM
There was never any connection for Marilyn Monroe to Germany nor has there ever been any hint of German ancestry.

Her ancestry has now been verified by dna as her father was Charles Gifford. She is mostly English with some Scottish, Irish and Welsh.

Maybe I mistake her for someone else?

Grace O'Malley
08-28-2022, 05:01 AM
Maybe I mistake her for someone else?

Marilyn came to prominence in the 50s. I don't think people were trying to hide if they had German ancestry then or even before. A lot of Americans had German ancestry. Grace Kelly was a big star in the 50s and her mother was actually German born and I don't think there was any attempt to deny people's German ancestry. They most probably weren't going to play up their German ancestry but it wasn't something people were hiding. People did use stage names a lot but that was more to do with not having a difficult to pronounce name or a name that was "too ethnic" for the time. People still do this now but not as much.

Odelia
08-28-2022, 06:59 AM
Subnordid

Ylla
08-28-2022, 09:22 AM
Subnordid
Love her 🥰

Gallop
08-28-2022, 02:21 PM
A couple of weeks ago they aired a documentary about her and apparently a French lab I seem to remember had analyzed three hairs and they said her lineage was European, so they must know what her lineage is but they didn't say it in the documentary.

It was a very good documentary where at least for me it was quite clear what they did with her.

He never seemed to me to have a German face, a very expressive and lively face for a German.