PDA

View Full Version : Greek, Serbian, Romanian, Albanian or Hungarian?

black hole
09-19-2022, 07:12 PM
What language do you like, or which ethnic group of the five do you like regarding phenotype, house architecture etc?

https://i.postimg.cc/mgxwhJ5b/Blank-Map-Europe-v4.png

Rizza
09-19-2022, 07:41 PM
If we exclude Albanian since I'm already Albanian, I'd probably say none of them interest me much. I'm more of a fan of Italy and the language.

tk'es
09-19-2022, 07:53 PM
language? hungarian
it sounds cute, soft and pleasant..

phenotype? hungarian is closer

Dušan
09-19-2022, 08:29 PM
Naturally, I would vote my country.

If exclude Serbia, there is Orthodox solidarity and historical friendship with Romania and Greece.

Nowadays we are very good friends with Hungary, too.

Jana
09-19-2022, 08:31 PM
HUN

capocannoniere
09-19-2022, 08:32 PM
At 12 years of age I read a book called "With their backs to the world: Portraits of Serbia", probably the most fun and pleasurable reading I had ever done. From that point on I became a sucker for all former Yugoslavia. If some kid is as crazy as me and reads that book at the school library, it will see a little sheet I made to learn the Cyrillic Script. I know a few curse words in Serbian and really want to experience more of the culture, but it is quite hard, not even here in Buenos Aires have I found places such as museums and restaurants with a Serbian (or even Yugoslav in general) thematic.

Karol Klačansky
09-19-2022, 08:34 PM
Naturally, I would vote my country.

If exclude Serbia, there is Orthodox solidarity and historical friendship with Romania and Greece.

Nowadays we are very good friends with Hungary, too.

I went to an Orthodox liturgy the other day, literally zero difference between Orthodox and Catholic, very silly how the churches are divided.

capocannoniere
09-19-2022, 08:56 PM
I went to an Orthodox liturgy the other day, literally zero difference between Orthodox and Catholic, very silly how the churches are divided.

The issues seem to be mainly papal primacy, that one "filioque" clause that probably was a translation error in the Nicene Creed, and some other minor theological/christological disagreements.
Do you attend Traditional Latin Mass? I am a lapsed Roman Catholic and all masses I went were modern ones, and in that I see quite a difference with the Orthodox liturgies I watched on the internet.

Seya
09-19-2022, 09:31 PM

How no difference? I don't see much similarities at all. They're very very different.

capocannoniere
09-19-2022, 09:36 PM
How no difference? I don't see much similarities at all. They're very very different.

Perhaps he is Greek Catholic (Byzantine Rite). Some are in Slovakia and this church shares liturgy and some theology with Orthodox, with the difference of full communion with the Roman Pope.

Seya
09-19-2022, 09:38 PM
Perhaps he is Greek Catholic (Byzantine Rite). Some are in Slovakia and this church shares liturgy and some theology with Orthodox, with the difference of full communion with the Roman Pope.

Yeah those are just like the regular orthodox.

Marsa
09-20-2022, 02:32 PM
Greek and Serbian - for the language.

Greek compared to the Latin group is very underestimated and a bit obscure.
It's unique and to me the most beautiful sounding ; somewhat similar to Spanish.

Serbian is almost the same as Croatian, and I love my language.

Voted for Serbian

Catnip
09-20-2022, 02:49 PM
I love the sound of Slavic languages, so I voted for Serbia.
Phenotype - not sure. A blend of Serbia, Romania, Hungary for women,, Serbia for men I would say

Victor
09-20-2022, 03:01 PM
Serbian, I lived there and I know Serbian language fluently.

Blondie
09-20-2022, 03:14 PM
I think its not fair to choosing my own country, so Serbia.

black hole
09-20-2022, 08:13 PM
I think its not fair to choosing my own country, so Serbia.

Are you a German or Hungarian?

black hole
09-20-2022, 08:17 PM
Phenotypes

Serbs are Dinarids and Balkan Borreby

Albanians are Dinarids and Mediterranids

Greeks are Mediterranids and Pontids

Romanians are Pontids and Gorids

Hungarians are Alfolds and North Pontids

Blondie
09-20-2022, 11:19 PM
Are you a German or Hungarian?

Ostrogoth

KirillMazur
09-20-2022, 11:37 PM
Historically - between Serbia and Greece.
Nowadays - between Serbia and Hungary.
I voted for Serbia, because I could not learn the Hungarian language even for a million dead green presidents, and it is more pleasant to see Orthodox churches anyway.

sean
11-14-2022, 12:30 PM
Hungarian.

https://i.imgur.com/MGmzKsK.jpg

Chron
11-20-2022, 01:30 AM
I'd give my left nut to move to the Szeged countryside and become a paprika farmer

Incal
11-20-2022, 07:23 AM
Anything but albanian.

MandM
11-20-2022, 08:38 AM
If I exclude Serbia.
language I would go for Greek or Romania.
To live it woulden mater that much. but least Hungary I am not a fan of wide flat plains, Romanina maby in a small town nere Constanța, In Greece maby in Glyki its a small town in the begining of a Mountain pas and only like 30 min from Parga, Albania some were nere Saranda

black hole
11-20-2022, 10:02 AM
language? hungarian
it sounds cute, soft and pleasant..

phenotype? hungarian is closer

But you look Slavic and you speak Slavic.

tk'es
11-20-2022, 02:04 PM
But you look Slavic and you speak Slavic.

that's obvious that slavic language is above all to me and my slavic physical appearance is natural, i just find hungarian quite unique, and romanian melodic

Dušan
11-20-2022, 02:13 PM
that's obvious that slavic language is above all to me and my slavic physical appearance is natural, i just find hungarian quite unique, and romanian melodic

What is your ethnicity?

Rumata
11-20-2022, 02:58 PM
Serbia. Greece for architecture.