PDA

View Full Version : I consider myself a Southern Gentleman

Richmondbread
09-23-2022, 10:51 PM
I always hold the door open for ladies and I walk curbside. I never burp , fart, or do other unpleasant things in front of anyone. I have to "hold it in". Some times it can be painful, but you must sacrifice. I was taught growing up to say "Yes/No Sir/Ma'am, not to just older people but to people of any age above ten. I say please and thank you. I always write "thank you" notes- always , usually handwritten. Although in this modern age, you can send email. Be sure to follow up with a written note, though.. I try hard to be polite and courteous . I dress for the occasion. I try to make others feel at ease.

Doesn't the Southern Gentleman derive from the old English Cavaliers of yore who settled the the Southern coastal states from Chesapeake Bay to the Carolinas, and Georgia? Yes, probably. That's why we are like the old knights and our ladies fair. Most men in the North don't know how to treat ladies right. They just treat them like furniture. That's how gay men are too.

Renekton
09-23-2022, 10:54 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?366599-I-m-not-a-Gentleman!

KirillMazur
09-23-2022, 10:55 PM
Are other southern gentlemen ready to take you into their club?

NSXD60
09-24-2022, 12:10 AM
Do you gallantly bow with a downward arm flourish confederate hat in hand as you put it aside to dance with the belle of the ball? Oh, wait, that was great+ gramps!

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-24-2022, 12:14 AM
I always hold the door open for ladies and I walk curbside. I never burp , fart, or do other unpleasant things in front of anyone. I have to "hold it in". Some times it can be painful, but you must sacrifice. I was taught growing up to say "Yes/No Sir/Ma'am, not to just older people but to people of any age above ten. I say please and thank you. I always write "thank you" notes- always , usually handwritten. Although in this modern age, you can send email. Be sure to follow up with a written note, though.. I try hard to be polite and courteous . I dress for the occasion. I try to make others feel at ease.

Doesn't the Southern Gentleman derive from the old English Cavaliers of yore who settled the the Southern coastal states from Chesapeake Bay to the Carolinas, and Georgia? Yes, probably. That's why we are like the old knights and our ladies fair. Most men in the North don't know how to treat ladies right. They just treat them like furniture. That's how gay men are too.

Women don't want to fuck a nice guy.

BakersfieldChimp
09-24-2022, 12:24 AM

Or one who can't pick up the check at the end of their first dinner together.

NSXD60
09-24-2022, 12:41 AM
Meade will bring her to Chick-Fil-A having promised the manager to also do a nightshift and toilet-scrubbing if he stops by their seats and compliments him by excitedly revealing that he was at 3 of his concerts, and that the bill is on the house.

BakersfieldChimp
09-24-2022, 12:49 AM
Meade will bring her to Chick-Fil-A having promised the manager to also do a nightshift and toilet-scrubbing if he stops by their seats and compliments him by excitedly revealing that he was at 3 of his concerts, and that the bill is on the house.
He will then give her some Chick-Fil-A coupons so she can enjoy his glorious lifestyle even when he isn't there beside her.

Anglo-Celtic
09-24-2022, 02:11 AM
Come on, Richmondbread. The only Southern gent' you know is Colonel Sanders (yeah, I know that he was born in Indiana, pedants).

Eliades
09-24-2022, 02:18 AM

Took the words out of my mouth, unless the girls is like 35 + with kids, and can't find a guy to settle down with.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-24-2022, 02:45 AM

Funny enough there are women who use online dating for free meals. At first I thought that was scummy but I'm also very cheap and so I thought to myself I might have considered doing the same if I was a hawt chick...

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-24-2022, 03:02 AM
Took the words out of my mouth, unless the girls is like 35 + with kids, and can't find a guy to settle down with.

On a date, Richmondbred should light up a cigarette and blow smoke in the direction of his date and say: "This is how it's gonna go: you eat, I pay. Then we go back to my place and I fuck you. If you can't handle that then fuck off cuz I ain't paying for a meal if I'm not getting fucked.

Teutone
09-24-2022, 03:05 AM
I consinder myself a TMNT

Mortimer
09-24-2022, 03:29 AM
https://youtu.be/a41msHLmsU8

There was a land of Cavaliers and Cotton Fields called the Old South... Here in this pretty world Gallantry took its last bow.. Here was the last ever to be seen of Knights and their Ladies Fair, of Master and Slave... Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered. A Civilization gone with the wind...

BakersfieldChimp
09-24-2022, 04:57 PM
Funny enough there are women who use online dating for free meals. At first I thought that was scummy but I'm also very cheap and so I thought to myself I might have considered doing the same if I was a hawt chick...

Too many of my friends have found "the one" through online dating that I can't totally dismiss it entirely. Most of them had a couple of cray-crays before striking gold. I shrug my shoulders and want to find fault in it.

Ranger0075
09-24-2022, 05:02 PM
I consider myself an english spiker

Eliades
09-24-2022, 08:09 PM
On a date, Richmondbred should light up a cigarette and blow smoke in the direction of his date and say: "This is how it's gonna go: you eat, I pay. Then we go back to my place and I fuck you. If you can't handle that then fuck off cuz I ain't paying for a meal if I'm not getting fucked.

Something like that, cause a lot of western girls will do this thing where they have one simp in their phone just for food dates.

Jansob
09-25-2022, 05:41 AM
Most men in the North don't know how to treat ladies right. They just treat them like furniture. That's how gay men are too.

Says the man who thinks "Females are useless except for making babies". And I seem to remember your ideal marriage is "Get the babymaking (notice: not sex, or intimacy, or making love....it's just "babymaking") with the 'female' out of the way quickly, and once she's pregnant, sleep in separate rooms."
What kind of men think that way? You said it yourself in that quote above....northern or gay. Which is it?

Richmondbread
09-25-2022, 06:13 AM
Says the man who thinks "Females are useless except for making babies". And I seem to remember your ideal marriage is "Get the babymaking (notice: not sex, or intimacy, or making love....it's just "babymaking") with the 'female' out of the way quickly, and once she's pregnant, sleep in separate rooms."
What kind of men think that way? You said it yourself in that quote above....northern or gay. Which is it?Autistic Southern gentlemen

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

Hyena
09-25-2022, 07:06 PM

Meade, how the hell would you even know exactly how gay men treat women? Do you even know any gay people? For that mater, how many heteros do you even associate with? You know NOTHING about the world!

Jansob
09-25-2022, 11:29 PM
This, in spades. You have this view of "how ____ people are", but your view comes from what you want to believe about them to support your bumper-sticker philosophy, or what some psycho talk-show host or some 60 year old speech on Youtube says. Your entire knowledge database is based on your cherry-picked examples.
The world is far more complex than you know. In my old neighborhood in Texas, two gay men are the most conservative people I know (other than the gay thing). I know liberals native-born in the deep south and arch-conservatives from New York, blacks with masters degrees and careers and rich white kids who end up failures...but you paint everyone with the brush of what your Mom or Dad told you as a kid. X people are like this, Y people are like this, men are all like this, women are all like this. It's sad because you are missing out on so many cool people who might like you if you weren't so stuck in the past....a past you didn't even live in.