PDA

View Full Version : Back from Oviedo

Avgvstvs
10-03-2022, 09:28 AM
I've returned a week ago from Oviedo, Asturias, in the Northwest of Spain, where I spent a couple of days and i wanted to share my PERSONAL observations on the local people.

First of all, very nice city, enjoyed it a lot, the cathedral is a true gem and the preromanic buildings of San Miguel de Lillo and Santa Maria del Naranco are AMAZING. The landscape is very green and i always enjoy that.

Talking about asturians, who some people think are supposedly lighter then the rest of spaniards: they're more or less the same as the people of Emilia Romagna, where i live. I noticed a minority of fair featured(blonde/ish and with blue/grey eyes) individuals, not necessarely resembling central or northern europeans, and another minority of swarthy locals with light brown skin and very dark hair and eyes. The majority is made of brunettes with brown and hazel eyes and having more or less medium light skin.
Another detail: convex noses are nothing weird/uncommon there, unlike what some people think here.

Summing up: i kinda saw what I expected to see, not really different than their andalusians/valencian fellows(for example), obviously.

P.S. A lot of beautiful and cute girls.

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Oliver109
10-03-2022, 09:32 AM
I've returned a week ago from Oviedo, Asturias, in the Northwest of Spain, where I spent a couple of days and i wanted to share my PERSONAL observations on the local people.

First of all, very nice city, enjoyed it a lot, the cathedral is a true gem and the preromanic buildings of San Miguel de Lillo and Santa Maria del Naranco are AMAZING. The landscape is very green and i always enjoy that.

Talking about asturians, who some people think are supposedly lighter then the rest of spaniards: they're more or less the same as the people of Emilia Romagna, where i live. I noticed a minority of fair featured(blonde/ish and with blue/grey eyes) individuals, not necessarely resembling central or northern europeans, and another minority of swarthy locals with light brown skin and very dark hair and eyes. The majority is made of brunettes with brown and hazel eyes and having more or less medium light skin.
Another detail: convex noses are nothing weird/uncommon there, unlike what some people think here.

Summing up: i kinda saw what I expected to see, not really different than their andalusians/valencian fellows(for example), obviously.

P.S. A lot of beautiful and cute girls.

Thanks for sharing, the northern Spanish are basically the same as the Spanish from Madrid or Valencia, did you see a lot of alpine influence?

Avgvstvs
10-03-2022, 09:38 AM
Thanks for sharing, the northern Spanish are basically the same as the Spanish from Madrid or Valencia, did you see a lot of alpine influence?I no longer use those classification terms.

But if you're asking me if I saw brachycephalic individuals, the answer is yes, most definitely i noticed there were brachys.

Oliver109
10-03-2022, 12:13 PM
I no longer use those classification terms.

But if you're asking me if I saw brachycephalic individuals, the answer is yes, most definitely i noticed there were brachys.

Thanks, are they lighter or darker than Italians from your region?

Avgvstvs
10-03-2022, 12:52 PM
Thanks, are they lighter or darker than Italians from your region?I wrote it in the first post.

Basically the same.