PDA

View Full Version : Faces of the Celtiberians According to AI

Gallop
10-07-2022, 04:28 PM
This is what the faces of the Celtiberians looked like according to Artificial Intelligence

What is your opinion and what do you see?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCHeakXVWNtHDwuFQqr8N5ltpeQqwa3GDsSZGNMm_h8v X8SUDDyoNyFGYKyGQGE9miJRwUinDe1p-6Q44Yd_3R23_5XNjMEbz12kkuDFcweSuogmZKKEsMM2sAKz2DW 0Jb1JjEMcLvEsmF1Tx6ZWkT3h4VIEeUlX7eZ-kUOws-RbKr_fjT74H9wL-9/s8969/Celt%C3%ADberosIA.JPEG

curveball
10-07-2022, 04:45 PM
This looks like Hunnic empire collection of faces.

Jingle Bell
10-07-2022, 05:21 PM
Atlanto-Med + CM seems to be the norm.

What was the ancestral make-up of the Celtiberians in EEF/WHG/Steppe?

Very close to actual Basques

were 30% - 50% Celt

The "SSA" is a sample from North Algeria, i named this wrong, my bad, and the Native its just misread ANE, looks like the impact of Iberians were very genetic and not only cultural like many sources claim

Jingle Bell
10-07-2022, 05:25 PM
Rly good pics, looks like strong and brave warriors, the faces are pretty much what i was thinking, robust and long-haired ppl who pass in Iberia, France, England, its rly cool see :celtic:

Ruggery
10-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Some look similar to Gauls.

Ruggery
10-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Some look similar to Gauls.

Jingle Bell
10-08-2022, 01:57 PM
Thanks.
So modern Iberians have higher Steppe admixture than their Celtiberian ancestors, proving that they were several Indo-European waves into the Peninsula.
Or maybe this is only a thing of Iberia_North because modern Basques have a relatively low Steppe input.
Np, its good to help someone:flower
Celtiberians were only ancestor of East/Central Iberians prob, is visible the West is way more Celtic (Today is ~50% - 60%) while East/North East is way less (30% - 45%), and that makes sense, bcs the East were more Non IE and non Celt, while West was full of Lusitans (Mix of Proto-Lusitans + Strong Celt component), Gallaeci, Celtici and etc. . .
And its very possible if Celtiberians and Iberians were Aquitani-Vasconi admixed, which lowed a bit Their Yamnaya DNA.
So yeah, Modern Iberians are basically 70% Pre-Celt + Celt in average, around 10% - 15% MENA and related, and the rest varies a lot between regions, but some Penedes Catalons can score 15% Nordic, and Galicians/Portuguese/Asturians can score ~5% Germanic related too.
I created a calculator to calcule Celt and Non Celt Dna in iberia, i will send u results of varies Iberians samples, its rly interesting see the HUGE impact of the Celt Migrations