PDA

View Full Version : What grinds your gears?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

jerney
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
more of a pet peeve really, but people who date or are married and look like brother and sister

Guapo
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Siblings that date each other.

CelticTemplar
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
People who sing along to music on the radio, and thin that they are good.

Wyn
12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
People who use the word "random" to describe things/happenings that are not in any way random.

Debaser11
12-06-2010, 12:51 AM
People who walk into any store and expect (or "need") something NOW and then whine when they are denied it for whatever reason when in actuality they only have themselves to blame. There will be more of this as the 25th approaches.

blan
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
People who use the word "random" to describe things/happenings that are not in any way random.

i find american girls doing that all the time, they ask questions like (( oh your not from here where were you before here? Haiti? wow! thats random!))
why is that random!? fucking pisses me

Austin
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
-people who chew gum in a car with others in it

-people who chew gum

-people who claim to drink alcohol for taste over effect

-any band/singer under the age of 20

-sports devotion

-applying ideals of normalcy from 20+ years ago

-claiming your phone is dead at opportune times (do they think they are being trusted?) The ability of self-delusion is wonderful I suspect.

The Lawspeaker
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
-people who claim to drink alcohol for taste over effect
I drink alcohol for taste over effect. And that's not a claim but reality.

-people who chew gum
Got any problems with that ?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/western-duel.jpg

Next week in front of the livery. At noon. Sharpish. Bring your undertaker. :p

Sabinae
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
one stupid pick up line that wont leave my mind:
"I like every bone in your body, especially mine"

Treffie
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
-applying ideals of normalcy from 20+ years ago

People who use Americanisms.

Aemma
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
i find american girls doing that all the time, they ask questions like (( oh your not from here where were you before here? Haiti? wow! thats random!))
why is that random!? fucking pisses me

While I appreciate all of you who don't get the "random" word, try living with a 14 year who uses it all the time! :D

It's just a random word, folks. :D Not much different from the random utterances I grew up with like "Far Out!" :p

Aemma
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM

LOL, this one is for you Treffie: :D

Normalcy
A Word for Parlous Times
By Evan Jenkins

For a little less than four score and seven years, professors and editors have told writers to avoid the word “normalcy.” Coined by Warren G. Harding, they said, and what did he know? Only “normality” would do. But though the great statesman’s prescription in his 1920 presidential campaign — “not *******s, but normalcy” — both popularized the word and drew derision from pedants, it had been around long before he used it. Over the years since, says Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of English Usage, “normalcy” has become “recognized as standard by all major dictionaries,” and “there is no need to avoid its use.”

Its use has hardly been avoided since September 11, 2001; it has pretty much swamped “normality” to express the condition Americans long for and whose loss they grieve. And somehow, despite long indoctrination, “normalcy” these days sounds perfectly (yes) normal.

CJR

Source (http://www.cjr.org/resources/lc/normalcy.php)

:D

2DREZQ
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
People who say "Orientated"
I used to correct them by saying "if that were correct, then a person wouldn't be dis-oriented, they would have to be dis-orientated.
Then I started hearing that patients were coming in to the ER "Disorientated".

GRRRRRR!!!

Beorn
12-06-2010, 06:44 PM
People who say "Orientated"
A word I would use too. It is in the English language. I never knew this, and perhaps it is incorrect, but:
We have a minor oddity here, in that both orient and orientate come from the same French verb, orienter, but were introduced at different times, the shorter one in the eighteenth century and the longer in the middle of the nineteenth. There’s been a quiet war going on between the two of them ever since. I tend to use oriented and orientated pretty indiscriminately myself, choosing the shorter one when it seems to fit the flow of the sentence. Robert Burchfield, in the Third Edition of Fowler’s Modern English Usage, says “one can have no fundamental quarrel with anyone who decides to use the longer of the two words”. But all this is a British view, since here orientated is common; in the US it is less so and considered much less a part of the standard language. So, as always, it’s as much a case of who you are writing for and where you are doing so. http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ori1.htm

Osweo
12-06-2010, 08:22 PM
While I appreciate all of you who don't get the "random" word, try living with a 14 year who uses it all the time! :D

It's just a random word, folks. :D Not much different from the random utterances I grew up with like "Far Out!" :p
:tsk: 'Modern' parenting.... :tsk:

Even (or especially?) for such choice vintage as 'far out', I would receive a withering look and scornful rebuke from my parents. Idiocy in language apparently runs riot in the wide world today, but NOT in MY house! :....

Aemma
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
:tsk: 'Modern' parenting.... :tsk:

Even (or especially?) for such choice vintage as 'far out', I would receive a withering look and scornful rebuke from my parents. Idiocy in language apparently runs riot in the wide world today, but NOT in MY house! :....

:P LOL. Oh I can't wait 'til you have ankle-biters of your own dear Ossi! I just can't wait! :D

Grumpy Cat
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm afraid to have kids, I'll rule the roost with an iron fist.

Tyrrhenoi
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
:tsk: 'Modern' parenting.... :tsk:.

Indeed one of the top 5 geargrinders -

- The everything must go attitude towards childgren -

- yelling and using shopping trollies as toys in the supermarket - Yelling in the street on sundaymornings - leaving toys/bikes on the street while I am trying to go to work - They can't have normal pets, a fucking falcon/oul as a pet toy!!!! If I park my car on the street - the little angels NEED to go play soccer next to it -

Aemma
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Skin tone charts :rolleyes:

Great Dane
12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
People who gears are grinded by Americans using Americanisms.

Treffie
12-07-2010, 01:14 AM
People who gears are grinded by Americans using Americanisms.

I suppose we could go on all night :D

Grumpy Cat
12-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Something I've noticed since I've moved here that kinda bothers me:

Green Gables. Not a big fan of the books, but I can imagine the author, Lucy Maud Montgomery, would be upset if she saw how decadent and commercialized the place has become.

Swanky resorts, cheesy amusement parks, wax museums, over priced restaurants, gambling, tattoo shops, designer clothing boutiques, and a golf course that most people actually from Prince Edward Island can't even afford to play golf on (but but but... Tiger Woods golfs there! :rolleyes:).

Definately not things I think of when I think of Anne of Green Gables.

They're just catering to Americans who probably never even read the book.

anonymaus
12-07-2010, 06:54 AM
^ Japanese are the major audience for AGG attractions as I understand it.

The Journeyman
12-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Every movie about Richard Nixon portrays him as an evil nutcase. Wtf?

Cato
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Kooks.

jerney
12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Seeing Muslims wearing burqas at my university. It really pisses me off and I make sure they notice the dirty looks I give them. And on more than one occasion I've almost lashed out at them telling them to take their oppressive customs back to their backwards lands. It has no place in the west, let alone at a university, it goes against everything that western academia stands for. The most pathetic and ironic part is that while they still hold onto these backwards practices, they seem to enjoy taking advantage of western fashion and adopting "stylish" leopard print buqas (I'm not kidding)

la bombe
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Seeing Muslims wearing burqas at my university. It really pisses me off and I make sure they notice the dirty looks I give them. And on more than one occasion I've almost lashed out at them telling them to take their oppressive customs back to their backwards lands. It has no place in the west, let alone at a university, it goes against everything that western academia stands for. The most pathetic and ironic part is that while they still hold onto these backwards practices, they seem to enjoy taking advantage of western fashion and adopting "stylish" leopard print buqas (I'm not kidding)

LOL, I like how they claim it's about modesty and yet choose the flashiest material you can find. What's modest about being covered in leopard print from head to toe?

Grumpy Cat
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
^ Japanese are the major audience for AGG attractions as I understand it.

That is true. But I'm not talking about the AAG attractions themselves, but the attractions surrounding them.

Great Dane
12-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Something I've noticed since I've moved here that kinda bothers me:

Green Gables. Not a big fan of the books, but I can imagine the author, Lucy Maud Montgomery, would be upset if she saw how decadent and commercialized the place has become.

Swanky resorts, cheesy amusement parks, wax museums, over priced restaurants, gambling, tattoo shops, designer clothing boutiques, and a golf course that most people actually from Prince Edward Island can't even afford to play golf on (but but but... Tiger Woods golfs there! :rolleyes:).

Definately not things I think of when I think of Anne of Green Gables.

They're just catering to Americans who probably never even read the book.
My grandmother loves Anne of Green Gables! She named all of her children after characters in the series, except my father who was named for his grandfather. I think the reason Shirley was such a popular name for American girls in the 30s and 40s was because of Anne Shirley, not Shirley Temple. I cemented my place as her favorite grandchild by giving a box set of the tv series for Christmas a few years ago. But you are right, most Americans under 80 have never heard of Anne Shirley, but we have Little House on the Prairie, which is more relevant to this region.

I never heard of Prince Edward Island being a vacation destination for Americans. At least not in the Midwest.

jerney
12-08-2010, 03:00 AM
My grandmother loves Anne of Green Gables! She named all of her children after characters in the series, except my father who was named for his grandfather. I think the reason Shirley was such a popular name for American girls in the 30s and 40s was because of Anne Shirley, not Shirley Temple. I cemented my place as her favorite grandchild by giving a box set of the tv series for Christmas a few years ago. But you are right, most Americans under 80 have never heard of Anne Shirley, but we have Little House on the Prairie, which is more relevant to this region.

I never heard of Prince Edward Island being a vacation destination for Americans. At least not in the Midwest.

:confused:

I had the whole series as a kid, granted I read a lot more than the majority of my peers, but I still didn't think the were extraordinarily rare among children.

Gamera
12-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Unpunctuality.

Guapo
12-08-2010, 03:10 AM
american eagles.

Austin
12-08-2010, 05:49 AM
I drink alcohol for taste over effect. And that's not a claim but reality.

Got any problems with that ?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/western-duel.jpg

Next week in front of the livery. At noon. Sharpish. Bring your undertaker. :p

Oh you drink alcohol for taste eh? Really? I don't buy it. What do you order for a drink when you are alone at a restaurant? I bet it isn't alcohol of any kind.

Pallantides
12-08-2010, 05:53 AM
I also drink for pleasure, never to get drunk.

Bloodeagle
12-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Oh you drink alcohol for taste eh? Really? I don't buy it. What do you order for a drink when you are alone at a restaurant? I bet it isn't alcohol of any kind.

Yeah, I drink it for the buzz but the taste is unavoidable. :D

Austin
12-08-2010, 06:30 AM

Luckily the younger generations could care less on the whole about the older ones grammatical pomp and trivialities, especially on the internet.

This is the good thing about the old grammar Nazis dying off as I see it. I will see them off to their graves as I'll likely attend many of their funerals in the coming years.

Less nonsensical triviality plus more directness countered with required instantaneous-like comprehension ability.

Eldritch
12-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Unpunctuality.

I assume that living in South America as you do, you've had your gears ground smooth by now?

Treffie
12-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Luckily the younger generations could care less on the whole about the older ones grammatical pomp and trivialities, especially on the internet.

Luckily the younger generations couldn't care less on the whole about the older ones grammatical pomp and trivialities, especially on the internet. :)

Grumpy Cat
12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
^^ LOL

Anyways, here's a few things that grind my gears, and maybe I have mentioned them already here:

People who don't flush the toilet after using it.

People who smack their gum or chew their gum loudly.

People who aren't that smart but try to sound smarter than they actually are by using big and/or uncommon words. I can see through it like an X-ray.

Young punks who think they know everything. I'm 28 and I admit I don't know everything. Also, in the same category, but not always young: people who think they know about you, what you think, etc. when they're way off.

People who personally attack those who disagree with them, rather than debate. Except in situations where the person who disagrees happens to have access to the banhammer, then they don't even respond.

People who are total douchebags, but play the victim or martyr when they realize they're not liked: claiming they're not liked because of any range of things from their race to the views they hold. It's not that, check your attitude.

Gamera
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I assume that living in South America as you do, you've had your gears ground smooth by now?

Haha yeah, everyone is always late and unpunctual... and I mean always... it's even a popular saying here you know, "the Peruvian time" always means that if for example you say "the meeting is at 5 pm" it means it will actually start at 5.30 pm or 6pm. It's very annoying sometimes.

2DREZQ
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Unpunctuality.

I knew someone would get around to this one...sooner or later.

How about when you go into a store to get something and you decide that, as long as you're in there you might as well pick up some other stuff. So, your cart is loaded with the other stuff, see, and you finally get to the aisle where the thing you came for is...and they're all out!

So, you buy the stuff, head out to another store to get what you wanted in the first place and you decide that, as long as your in the store anyway...

Groenewolf
12-08-2010, 04:34 PM
When a girl gives you non-verbals hints of liking you, but does not give you the possibility to make verbal first contact because she keeps talking in to her cellphone:( .

Aemma
12-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Me, when The Apricity goes down for even just 5 minutes. :eek:

I really do need to get a life, or treatment for my addiction. Whichever comes first. :P

Grumpy Cat
12-08-2010, 06:54 PM

I really do need to get a life, or treatment for my addiction. Whichever comes first. :P

Hey I'm worse. Since I got an iPhone, I've been constantly tapped in... Even while I'm out having a life lol

2DREZQ
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM

I just pop over to World Affairs Board. If that's down, I walk around work with a clipboard pretending to be in a hurry...

Grumpy Cat
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I just pop over to World Affairs Board. If that's down, I walk around work with a clipboard pretending to be in a hurry...

If both forums are down you can pop over to the forum in my signature.

It's new, and when we have our logo we'll be 100% in business.

Bloodeagle
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
The messy condition that my daughter keeps her room, really grinds my gears. :eek:

Grumpy Cat
12-10-2010, 02:47 AM
People who change their point of view depending on to whom they're speaking.

Cowardly.

Debaser11
12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
People who say "as long as you're happy" as if that's all one's life or actions are about.

Grumpy Cat
12-11-2010, 05:31 AM
People who flip through the channels during commercials. Yes, commercials are annoying, but by the time you get through all the channels and back to what we were watching, the show already started again and we missed parts. Guys are the worst for this, too. Why do guys always have to have the remote???

Eldritch
12-11-2010, 06:04 AM
People who flip through the channels during commercials. Yes, commercials are annoying, but by the time you get through all the channels and back to what we were watching, the show already started again and we missed parts. Guys are the worst for this, too. Why do guys always have to have the remote???

Because you women collectively as a gender have failed to sneak up behing us with a baseball bat and knock us out with with a good tap to the back of the head, in order to commandeer the remote. :thumb001:

Doctor Who
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Sitting through a whole dinner with my "beloved" in-laws, listening to liberal capitalist knee jerk reaction to any mention of environmentalism and organic living, implying anyone who takes a biocentric ethical stand must be deluded.
Evening highlights:
"Its normal for someone like you.. you were raised in the country"
"What are you advocating than? Some sort of Avatarianism *smirk*"
"You know, maybe we should talk bodybuilding instead of politics"
At a point I wanted to beat the shit out of them. :mad:.

Cato
12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Bud Light, it actually kind of sucks.

Tolleson
12-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Guys are the worst for this, too. Why do guys always have to have the remote???

'cause guys are better than girls. Get over it! :D

The Lawspeaker
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Wrong. It would depend on my mood and whether I'd like to have something alcoholic but normally a glass of red wine or beer (the type of beer of wine depending on the season).

If I am not in the mood for alcohol I'd stick to coffee or tea. Besides. I just got me a nice big £ 30,- bottle of Gentleman Jack (which I can't get here in the Netherlands so I got it off Stena Line.) You would probably finish it tonight. I, on the other hand, will use it for special occasions.

The Ripper
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Right now!: boring and predictable threads!

Grumpy Cat
12-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Bitches who think they're intelligent and witty.

They're not, they're bitches.

Bloodeagle
12-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Fiberglass insulation, installation. http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/thumbs_down-1330.gif It's almost as bad as frostbite!

Wyn
12-15-2010, 08:06 AM

There are really many situations where people purchase alcoholic drinks for taste over effect. This is often the case with wines and whiskies, where a person might never drink for effect, but consume slowly, solely because they enjoy the taste (and I don't just mean connoisseurs who spend huge amounts of money on a bottle).

What grinds my gears: soap operas.

Cato
12-15-2010, 11:54 AM
People that can't just say what's on their mind. Plain-speaking is something I admire in a person, and I can't stand it when people won't get right to the point.

Grumpy Cat
12-15-2010, 01:24 PM
People that can't just say what's on their mind. Plain-speaking is something I admire in a person, and I can't stand it when people won't get right to the point.

You'd hate most Canadians, then. :D

Cato
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
You'd hate most Canadians, then. :D

Eh?

Grumpy Cat
12-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Eh?

It's pretty much considered rude in our culture to be direct or outspoken. Many Canadians would consider this a personality flaw (actually my family says this is my biggest flaw).

Vasconcelos
12-15-2010, 08:56 PM
..when people come into my room and, when leaving, leave the door open.

Hey, I close the door for a reason, mind closing it again on your way out! :mad:

Osweo
12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey, I close the door for a reason,

You filthy little devil! ;)

Vasconcelos
12-15-2010, 09:05 PM
If that was the case I'd either lock it or be annoyed of people just wanting to get inside the room :p

Bloodeagle
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I hate it when certain friends who come by the house often, get more and more "less formal" with each visit. The next thing you know, they are just opening the door without a knock and helping themselves to your food and beer as if they live there! :mad:
I usually have to reprimand them and then they get all butt hurt about their scolding. :D

blan
12-15-2010, 11:28 PM
I hate it when certain friends who come by the house often, get more and more "less formal" with each visit. The next thing you know, they are just opening the door without a knock and helping themselves to your food and beer as if they live there! :mad:
I usually have to reprimand them and then they get all butt hurt about their scolding. :D

ohh now i feel bad, your friends sound like me, i had a good friend in university, i opned the fridge and said man i havent eaten all day can i grab a sandwich, he was busy with his studying so i said ok im gonna make a sandwich...he leaped up grabed my hand and said ((dont you think you need to stop mooching!!!))
i still got my sandwich but i was butt hurt as you say

Stygian Cellarius
12-15-2010, 11:38 PM
he leaped up grabed my hand and said ((dont you think you need to stop mooching!!!))

I like this fellow.

Loddfafner
12-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Fat people who crowd around the buffet and stay put, their bellies blocking me from food.

Grumpy Cat
12-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Fat people who crowd around the buffet and stay put, their bellies blocking me from food.

That's one of the two reasons I avoid buffets.

The other: It's not so fresh food that's been sitting under heat lamps for hours and flies probably crawled all over it.

The Ripper
12-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Wanna know what really grinds my gears? Its the little things. Like Finnish youth, for some reason beyond my comprehension, pronouncing the letter "q" as "g(oo)". It might look a little bit like the letter G, but that doesn't mean they sound the same! And what the fuck, why does everyone say it like that? I never got the memo! My Finnish/"mother tongue" teacher never told us! Somebody please explain. :mad:

2DREZQ
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
When one of the little rubber footy thingies falls off my laptop, and I can't find it and I know for the next 3 years the damn thing will rock side-to-side every time I type on it's undersized-already keyboard!

:shakefist

The Ripper
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Wanna know what really grinds my gears? Its the little things. Like Finnish youth, for some reason beyond my comprehension, pronouncing the letter "q" as "g(oo)". It might look a little bit like the letter G, but that doesn't mean they sound the same! And what the fuck, why does everyone say it like that? I never got the memo! My Finnish/"mother tongue" teacher never told us! Somebody please explain. :mad:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23503692424

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q

http://jaaari.no-ip.com/foorumi/viewtopic68595-45.html

http://www.ketuttaa.fi/avautuminen/281/

Vituttaa kun ihmiset ääntää Q:n guuna. Siitä, että todistaa olevan olemassa mitään sanaa tai mitään kieltä jossa Q olisi G:n sukulainen ainaistee kyllä keksin, mutta siihen asti kuitenkin voidaan ristiinnaulia kaikki vitun guu-ukot ylösalaisin hakaristeihin kehäteiden varsille muistutukseksi.

j.j kirjoitti...
vinkiksi että question lausutaan "gvestsön" myös quest lausutaan "gvest" listaa voisi jatkaa loputtomiin. niin juu ja q lausutaan suomessa virallisesti "guu"

:mad: :mmmm::2headsalt::cussing

Sabinae
12-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Nothing so far, today :)

Vasconcelos
12-16-2010, 07:28 PM
People who think being Nordic is better and the true Europeans, while Mediterraneans are on the opposite side of the spectrum and are arab/nigger mongrels.

Brynhild
12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
People who presume to know who I am and what I'm about.

Grumpy Cat
12-17-2010, 01:07 AM
People who presume to know who I am and what I'm about.

I agree. I've encountered a lot of people like that.

Grumpy Cat
12-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Alright, this may be in the realm of too much information but:

Getting a Charlie horse during sex.

Leaves you with two options: bite your lip and bear the pain until you reach the O zone, or push him off and tend to the sore calf muscle.

blan
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Alright, this may be in the realm of too much information but:

Getting a Charlie horse during sex.

Leaves you with two options: bite your lip and bear the pain until you reach the O zone, or push him off and tend to the sore calf muscle.

i have had muscle cramps, i just change positions, and that fixes it,

Lithium
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
People who call me only when they need something.

Cato
12-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Having an upset stomach.

Bloodeagle
12-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Chapped lips, bloody noses and wind burnt skin, some of the nice things that dry winter cold can cause.

Grumpy Cat
12-20-2010, 12:23 AM
People who start fights for no apparent reason.

People who look to start fights.

Aemma
12-20-2010, 04:16 AM
People offering an opinion about you, how you look or whatever, when you really didn't ask for one in the first place.

poiuytrewq0987
12-20-2010, 04:55 AM

I totally agree! I hate it when people fuck things up when they really needed to speak their mind but didn't.

Adalwolf
12-20-2010, 04:57 AM
The commercialization of Christmas...

Grumpy Cat
12-20-2010, 05:01 AM
The commercialization of Christmas...

I agree.

I went to the store just to pick up some shampoo and I was waiting in the line for 45 minutes.

I just buy gifts for family and close friends, and usually things they would need.

But actually, my mother always says the best gift I ever gave her for Christmas was one I made, not bought. I made a Nativity set in shop class in the 7th grade.

Grumpy Cat
12-20-2010, 05:04 AM
BTW anybody see that episode of Family Guy satirising the commercialization of Christmas? It was priceless. Disturbing, but priceless.

Lithium
12-20-2010, 05:11 AM
People who just can't talk without shouting... ( my sister )

Bloodeagle
12-20-2010, 10:27 AM
nikeec (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=1990)! :mad:

Cato
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Bums ridin the gravy train while I have to hoof it.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/57000/Gravy-Train-57239.jpg

The Lawspeaker
12-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Bums ridin the gravy train while I have to hoof it.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/57000/Gravy-Train-57239.jpg
You mean those in Wallstreet or in the Poormansville ?

Cato
12-20-2010, 03:33 PM
You mean those in Wallstreet or in the Poormansville ?

Both.

The Lawspeaker
12-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Both.
While Wallstreet grinds my gears -- and it's representatives here.

The VVD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Party_for_Freedom_and_Democracy) grinds my gears and that cunt Rutte even more.

Cato
12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
While Wallstreet grinds my gears -- and it's representatives here.

The VVD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Party_for_Freedom_and_Democracy) grinds my gears and that cunt Rutte even more.

The thing is, I don't see mega-moguls and greedy tycoons all of the time like I do welfare trash, who tend to be of a very self-abasing and slovenly sort: disheveled-looking human heaps in ratty clothes, stinky, very often fat, ugly, white women with negroid children, too lazy to walk so they ride on an electric cart, etc. And then I see the EBT (food stamps) card come out and I remember where these shitpiles are getting their money from (me and other taxpayers who don't ride the gravy train).

Remember where I work. :eek:

Äike
12-20-2010, 05:31 PM
...Foreigners who do not understand how important umlauts are in the Nordic region and think that there's not difference if you type ä or a, ö or o, u or ü, et cetera.

Examples from the Estonian language:

Nats - Nazi

Näts - Chewing gum

Grumpy Cat
12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
People who can't use UNIX

Grumpy Cat
12-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Guys who try to start fights with girls.

Loki
12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Tantrum-throwing cry-babies who are unreasonable and never make good on their threats anyway.

Cato
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Tantrum-throwing cry-babies who are unreasonable and never make good on their threats anyway.

I dealt with several in succession at Suckmart last night, and came home in a foul mood, one of them being the "I'm gonna get you fired" and "I'm gonna get my lawyer" variety. I wanted to cave his fat ugly face in with a camcorder.

Grumpy Cat
12-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Canada Post.

And anything run by the Canadian government.

They seem to operate in two speeds: painfully slow and damn near ground to a halt.

Grumpy Cat
01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
The cold is making the hands that I hurt hurt more. :(

We need more Skype, it hurts to type.

It's been like three months.

KarmaPolice
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Lazy people at job.:mad:
Rap/ hip hop/ R&B.
Noisy neighbors who don't respect the right of others.
When some folks smell like shittt.
and mean rude verbal tones .

Äike
01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
People who throw their snus onto the ground after using it.

The Ripper
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
People who throw their snus onto the ground after using it.

Snus is meant to be flung so it sticks to the roof, the wall, or whatever. :D

Cato
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm often irked when I can't find a book to read.

Well, a good book.

Grumpy Cat
01-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Rap/ hip hop/ R&B.

I guess I'm lucky that I enjoy all music, so none of it grinds my gears. I can be at a party and whatever people play, I don't care, it's all good.

The rest of the stuff listed grinds my gears, though.

Osweo
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Could OF

:rage:rage:rage:rage:rage

Bloodeagle
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Could OF

Would of and should of! :D

Don Brick
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Rap/ hip hop/ R&B.

Yeah man I also hate people who smell like shittt. It´s very inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

Bloodeagle
01-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah man I also hate people who smell like shittt. It´s very inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

People who stink like that should take a shower! :D

Debaser11
01-12-2011, 06:12 AM
I hate it when people take a shit and don't turn the ventilation fan on. Is there honestly anything more annoying than that?

Aemma
01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Could OF

Or worse for me is this one: could of went!!! Makes me want to bang my head on something very very hard!

Grrr!

It is "could have gone", People!!

Debaser11
01-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Yes, "could of" is very much a raping of the English language. I do it. I'll repent.

Bloodeagle
01-12-2011, 07:01 AM
People on construction sites that cannot read a simple set of construction plans. :cool:

Debaser11
01-12-2011, 07:36 AM
^aka Mexicans ;)

Peasant
01-12-2011, 10:31 AM
People who complain about 'could of'... :D When speaking, of and 'ave are not much different :D

I wouldn't write in an essay though, if I noticed I was doing it.

Grumpy Cat
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
People who complain about 'could of'... :D When speaking, of and 'ave are not much different :D

I wouldn't write in an essay though, if I noticed I was doing it.

Yeah there is a difference between formal and informal speech.

Peerkons
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
repeating noises/sounds
for example car alarm, dripping water

Osweo
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM

In MY speech they ARE pretty distinct. :confused:

The 'could have' becomes 'could've', i.e. /kud@v/ (where '@' is the indistinct vowel known as 'schwa').

'Of' mostly ends up simply /@/. :p

Okay, they have the same vowel as often as not, but the place in the phrase should tell people that it's UTTERLY different. 'could have' is followed by a third form of the verb, i.e. a past participle, eg. 'been', 'gone', 'seen'. That's gobbledygook to most, I admit, but think on this;

Would anyone EVER write "I OF never seen such a big parsnip."

In effect, this is exactly what people are doing when they say "You should OF seen it, it wor massive."

I actually believe that the spread of 'of' in this position is a RESULT of literacy (of a low standard), more than of oral trends. Kids write it once, are NOT corrected by idiot ideology-following teachers, and it soon become a new unofficial 'correct' form! :O Because of this, I bet kids ARE beginning to pronounce the 've' with a distinct /O/ sound!!! :eek:

We are doomed. :cry2

Vasconcelos
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
People who are absolute fanbois for any political party (as if they were the Messiah) even when they are not even members of them.

I also despise ultra-liberals.

Cato
01-13-2011, 03:32 AM
The last drop of beer.

Peasant
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
In MY speech they ARE pretty distinct. :confused:

etc etc

I think I have been getting confused. Could of come from wherever... would be could have. It doesn't matter if it is a placename. :confused:

I guess they just merged into one for me xD
And in school I am sure I will have been told, but that doesn't make speech habits go away easily.

Ah this quote form some forum is making me feel less of a spaz now.

'of' is sometimes used in error in the place of 'have'. Presumably because in speech 'have' is often slurred/shortened to 've', which sounds more like 'of'.
Could of, would of, should of are always incorrect.

Grumpy Cat
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Overly anal people.

Peasant
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
One thing that 'ground my gears' in the past is when I once changed school teachers kept telling me that I shouldn't be writing in joined up handwriting. I can barely write in... errr... unjoined writing to this day.:D

Cato
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Rag heads are grinding my gears again.

Bloodeagle
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
A sprinkle of this
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TkvfWuWpErdnDM:http://www.vils-es.eu.dodea.edu/New%20page/images/multicultural.jpg&t=1
plus a little of this
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/152831-claptrap.jpg
= a whole lot of this
http://2.forumer.com/uploads/metanet/post-20-1140969045.jpg

Debaser11
01-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Eco-feminism.

Raskolnikov
01-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Family Guy.

Psychonaut
01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Eco-feminism.

http://gabrielhummel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/haters-gonna-hate.gif

Bloodeagle
01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Ysearch's Captcha word challenges, required between every search on their site. :mad:

Bloodeagle
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
When some Americans refer to traditional Southern American cuisine as Soul-food! :mad: Excuse me but fried chicken, corn bread and greens are not eaten solely by black Americans! :rolleyes:

Cato
01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Family Guy.

People who talk about the above television disaster.

la bombe
01-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Not being able to breathe through my nose :(

Psychonaut
01-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Not being able to breathe through my nose :(

http://snoringcuresandremedies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/neti_pot.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot)

Cato
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
http://snoringcuresandremedies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/neti_pot.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot)

Tissues work as well. :rolleyes:

Aemma
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
People who don't take me seriously when I say something here. :mad:

Psychonaut
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Tissues work as well. :rolleyes:

No way, brah.

Trusting a tissue to keep your sinus cavity clean is like trusting a napkin to keep your teeth and gums clean. Rinsing your sinuses with saline is just as important for your health as rinsing your mouth with some kind of cleansing solution is.

Cato
01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
People who don't take me seriously when I say something here. :mad:

That happens to me all of the time.

Osweo
02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I LOVE this man. Possibly the greatest Magyar of all time;
http://www.datasapiens.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/laszlo_biro.jpg

Laszlo Josef Biro
September 29, 1899 – October 24, 1985
He invented THIS:
http://www.invent.org/images/images_hof/induction/BiroPatent190.jpg

And its finest incarnation was the BiC Crystal Medium;
http://www.staples.co.uk/App_Themes/ck-CK/images/product/uk_105841_1_enl.jpg

Wrong thread?

No. :suomut:

- After DECADES of using these pens, my pens of choice, I noticed this month a shocking deterioration in quality of manufacture. They now leak, smudge, and even FEEL shoddier. I was puzzled, until I noticed a new mark on the end of the pen. One word.

Mexico.

:rage

Cato
02-04-2011, 04:09 AM
That happens to me all of the time.

Seconded.

Grumpy Cat
02-04-2011, 04:13 AM
My mother.

I didn't tell her I was in the hospital for a reason. But it slipped out in a conversation tonight.

Not that she worries about me, but it's apparently somehow my fault I got sick. :x

Cato
02-04-2011, 04:18 AM
My mother.

I didn't tell her I was in the hospital for a reason. But it slipped out in a conversation tonight.

Not that she worries about me, but it's apparently somehow my fault I got sick. :x

Isn't it always, for not listening to the 'rents?

Grumpy Cat
02-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Isn't it always, for not listening to the 'rents?

My mother thinks she is always right but seldom is.

Cato
02-04-2011, 04:41 AM
My mother thinks she is always right but seldom is.

Be respectful of the mum!

Grumpy Cat
02-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Be respectful of the mum!

Oh I love my mother.

But if you met my mother, you wouldn't be respectful to her haha. She wouldn't be respectful towards you. lol

I've been accused of being Anglophobic and anti-American on this forum but I am not, and nowhere close to my mother on those traits. lol

Cato
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I've been accused of being Anglophobic and anti-American on this forum but I am not, and nowhere close to my mother on those traits. lol

'ey, be nice! :p

Bloodeagle
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Saxophones, they remind me of Bill Clinton and Arsenio Hall. :D

jerney
02-05-2011, 02:34 AM
When somebody calls me and I miss the call by a few seconds, call them back approximately 45 seconds later and they don't answer the phone. I have one friend who constantly does this and I seriously want to wring her neck for it

Piparskeggr
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Giving any press to so-called "celebrities" who behave badly.

Grumpy Cat
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Giving any press to so-called "celebrities" who behave badly.

I don't get why people even care. Celebs are people. If they want to behave badly, it's their choice.

Cato
02-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Fags (not in the literal sense).

Treffie
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Giving any press to so-called "celebrities"

This is what I'd prefer. These guys are given so much adulation, I think it shows how superficial our society has become.

The Lawspeaker
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Fags (not in the literal sense).
The fuck is wrong with Benson, mate ? :thumb001:
http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/7/72/Benson_hedges_gold_ks_20_h_england.jpg

Cato
02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/7/72/Benson_hedges_gold_ks_20_h_england.jpg

Mr. Benson, Mr. Hedges, why are you two holding hands? :eek:

(In American newspeak, fag also equals loser fyi.)

Bloodeagle
02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Drunk dummies, in the neighborhood, that shoot their guns all night long.

Grumpy Cat
02-06-2011, 03:37 AM

You smoke bitch sticks???

Aemma
02-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Saxophones, they remind me of Bill Clinton and Arsenio Hall. :D

:( My son will be famous playing that instrument one day! No free concert tickets for you! :P

Coming back here from a short break and not knowing who is who anymore!

The Lawspeaker
02-06-2011, 03:39 AM
You smoke bitch sticks???
Former supplier of the British Royal Family so they are good enough for me.:thumb001:
I could also go for Gauloises and I am not touching the American brands.

Grumpy Cat
02-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Former supplier of the British Royal Family so they are good enough for me.:thumb001:
I could also go for Gauloises and I am not touching the American brands.

American smokes are gross. I prefer Players (Canadian brand).

I just don't like long cigarettes like B&H, I don't get much off of them.

Wyn
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
When people come back to the site after short breaks and start moaning the second they arrive. I find that to be in very poor taste. :tsk: :D

rustyshiv
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Being too much man for my women:(

...This makes me sad

Aemma
02-06-2011, 03:51 AM
When people come back to the site after short breaks and start moaning the second they arrive. I find that to be in very poor taste. :tsk: :D

I know how bloody annoying...er wait! :P

alexandra
02-06-2011, 03:56 AM
i like nice people, i really do. i'm nice. but i can't deal with people that are so nice they give me diabetes. they're usually really religious and have too much time on their hands. they will sit down with you when you're on your lunch break and ask you questions about yourself the entire time. i appreciate your interest in my life, but if you don't mind, i'd like to appreciate my food and the sound of you not talking.

Don
02-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Tv spots with a femenine voice that whisperssssssssssssssssssss.

There are many of them.

ohh...

and The Beatles, any song.

Bloodeagle
02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
:( My son will be famous playing that instrument one day! No free concert tickets for you! :P

Fine then, you big meanie! :D

What grinds my gears?
Spilling juice on my keyboard. Now I have stuck keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!!!!!!!!!:D

Wyn
02-06-2011, 04:27 AM
ohh...

and The Beatles, any song.

*Take it easy, Wyn, he doesn't mean it, this is all a dream...*

Bloodeagle
02-06-2011, 04:34 AM
*Take it easy, Wyn, he doesn't mean it, this is all a dream...*

That would make Don an Elvis man. :D

Aemma
02-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Being too much man for my women:(

...This makes me sad

Is there ever such a thing? :P

Grey
02-06-2011, 07:19 AM

http://criticalmasculinities.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/mishima-2.jpg

^ Too masculine for any woman. Hence the homosexuality. :D

The Lawspeaker
02-06-2011, 09:51 AM
American smokes are gross. I prefer Players (Canadian brand).

I just don't like long cigarettes like B&H, I don't get much off of them.
Exactly that's why I stick to Euro stuff (we can't get Players here) unless I can get my hands on Gudang Garam. I once started off with Camels or later on Lucky but when I discovered Gauloises, Black Devil and now Benson I realised what I have missed: taste.

Grumpy Cat
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I shouldn't have read that Nord envy thread. Now I'm pissed off.

Cato
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

I glanced at it, LOLed, and then read a few pages of Don Quixote. :D

Groenewolf
02-06-2011, 10:11 PM

There must be something in the air (again) that makes people start pointless flamewars lately.

Grumpy Cat
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
There must be something in the air (again) that makes people start pointless flamewars lately.

Well, I'm staring to hate being a Canadian here. I mean, I agree with a lot of the Europeans' frustration at the most recent American members but when these European members started saying stuff about "colonials", it upsets me too. Because of this, I feel torn here. I may just lay low for a few days.

Loki
02-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Being non-white. But it feels good, I can confirm. ;) :p

Urrobbers
02-07-2011, 02:28 AM
People saying my post are garbage.........this makes urrobbers very sad :(

Aemma
02-07-2011, 02:30 AM
People saying my post are garbage.........this makes urrobbers very sad :(

Who said that to you? I'll beat 'em up! :D

rustyshiv
02-07-2011, 02:46 AM

Sadly. yes

People who say I'm not really a cowboy, until they see me ride.

Grumpy Cat
02-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Being non-white. But it feels good, I can confirm. ;) :p

Join the club.

I'm coloured according to some people.

Urrobbers
02-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Were all colored on the inside

rustyshiv
02-07-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm all colors of the wind

Grumpy Cat
02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Were all colored on the inside

I am a fucking coloured because I am a fucking coloured
My inner coloured just wants to be discovered

sBYd1MuFMgk

Urrobbers
02-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Constantly mistaken for Allah

Just because I wear a turbin have a huge beard and scream out death to america

Grumpy Cat
02-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Constantly mistaken for Allah

Just because I wear a turbin have a huge beard and scream out death to america

You need to be less obvious, there. ;)

Gaztelu
02-07-2011, 03:41 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/Rijska/nov6demo10.jpg

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/Rijska/s.jpg

rustyshiv
02-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Sitting here with nothing witty to say:(

rustyshiv
02-07-2011, 03:52 AM
When allah doesn't invite me(Jesus) to his yearly birthday bashes.

So now I'm just hanging around on the cross:(

Grumpy Cat
02-07-2011, 03:58 AM
When allah doesn't invite me(Jesus) to his yearly birthday bashes.

So now I'm just hanging around on the cross:(

I know how you feel. I have the same birthday as Saddam Hussein and that asshole never sent me a card!

rustyshiv
02-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Peeple whoo sae I drup the IQ of tis palce 20 pionts.

I doont no wy tey say thes thinges.

Don
02-08-2011, 02:09 AM
People that deny from what they are.

Bad sons and daughters.
And bad parents.

Cato
02-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Nazis.

The Ripper
02-08-2011, 04:10 AM
That I'm still awake.

Cato
02-08-2011, 04:51 AM
That I'm still awake.

Melatonin time?

Grumpy Cat
02-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Melatonin time?

Rooibos tea helps me sleep... and it tastes good.

Cato
02-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Rooibos tea helps me sleep... and it tastes good.

I've got beer and a bottle of melatonin to help me sleep. :D

Grumpy Cat
02-08-2011, 05:09 AM
I've got beer and a bottle of melatonin to help me sleep. :D

Haha... it's safe to mix the two?

I only take melatonin when I have jet lag or have to work erratic hours at work, other than that it's rooibos, which is a wonder drug, it's good for eczema too.

The Ripper
02-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Muscle relaxants. ;)

Grumpy Cat
02-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Muscle relaxants. ;)

Nah. Benzodiazapines. Now those are the bees knees.

Grumpy Cat
02-08-2011, 06:35 AM
"Men" who insult/pick on women.

Cato
02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
"Men" who insult/pick on women.

Seconded.

Bloodeagle
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Passive aggressive people!

alexandra
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
groups of people that walk extremely slow, as well as spread out the width of the sidewalk so nobody can pass. they are usually loud and black.

rustyshiv
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Losing my secret decoder-ring .

Don
02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Smiling politicians.

Sally
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Missing pages in new dictionaries. :angry:

rustyshiv
02-09-2011, 01:00 AM
People getting my girlfriend mixed up with a playboy centerfold just because she has 36DD(all natural:cool:)

Adalwolf
02-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Laughable Spanish chauvinism...

poiuytrewq0987
02-09-2011, 02:07 AM
http://friendlyatheist.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/atheist-sex.jpg

Aemma
02-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Libre opening nonsensical threads. :P :D

Groenewolf
02-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Being slightly ill and then waking up between 1:00 and 2:00 hours.

Aemma
02-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Libre opening nonsensical threads. :P :D

What only ONE thank you for this post? (And from Libre himself no less! :D). I thought I'd get at least 100 thanks on this one post by now! You people really disappoint me. :P :D

poiuytrewq0987
02-09-2011, 02:42 AM
What only ONE thank you for this post? (And from Libre himself no less! :D). I thought I'd get at least 100 thanks on this one post by now! You people really disappoint me. :P :D

I know you guys just love my threads regardless of topic. :D

Peasant
02-09-2011, 09:48 AM
How alcohol makes me wake up too early, and asthma stopping me cycling far... :rage

Vasconcelos
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
People picking on others for no apparent reason.

Don
02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Highly unstable, labile and, in consequence, unpredictable people.

Interactions with these kinds it is like working with tembling porcelains in a roller coaster, that menaces to throw themlselves away and breaking in every movement you make, no matter how delicates or firm these are.

I preffer predictable losers with visible and harmless spines in each one of their many and deep weak points.

Jägerstaffel
02-11-2011, 01:32 AM
You do.

Aemma
02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
You do.

Mirages :p

Bloodeagle
02-11-2011, 02:12 AM
People who drive too slow in the passing lane and refuse to get over and let traffic flow. :mad:
Worse than that, I hate it when people enter the freeway at such a slow speed it forces everyone to slow down or stop! :mad::mad:

Aemma
02-11-2011, 06:15 AM
The word "Americunt". It's excessively rude and has no place here imho.

Tolleson
02-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Morons who's first post on the forum is "Please classify me" without even introducing themselves first. Last time I checked, it was rude to walk into someone's house for the first time and make "any" request. :(

Maybe it is just me but people's social skills are just fucked! :eek:

If this resembles you, ya I'm talking about you!!! :rolleyes:

Don
02-11-2011, 11:10 AM
You do.

Mirages :p

Have I lost something? Did you both mean that my statement was some kind of inner projection?

Or/and just that my previous posts has provoked reactions in that mirror way? I don't know.

Maybe I am missinterpretating :wink... something quite easy to do when the information of the others is so... let's say... poor like in these cases.

I link this to the thread:

What grinds your gears?

The people who are not direct and clear.

Don
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Internet's misinterpretations.

In all sides, mine too, as well.

There are so many things...
http://spb.fotolog.com/photo/43/45/100/yanotefieltro/1258414449741_f.jpg

The Lawspeaker
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
The word "Americunt". It's excessively rude and has no place here imho.
The very word "Eurofag." It has no place here and is rude.

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
The very word "Eurofag." It has no place here and is rude.

Both words have no place here.

I'm sick of the flame wars.

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
You know I just thought of a funny-ass tag to put on a thread, but I am a law-abiding citizen.

Dammit...

Pallantides
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
People who don't like the terms Eurofags and Americunts.

jerney
02-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Missing the bus, twice

Loki
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
People who don't like the terms Eurofags and Americunts.

Haha. :) Yeah, I guess we can all lighten up a bit, and not take things as personal insults. It is a given that on a board with different nationalities, such slurs will occur. The trick is not to take it to heart, but rather observe the social anthropological significance of it all, in context. :) Fascinating to be an observer rather than a willing participant.

The Ripper
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Haha. :) Yeah, I guess we can all lighten up a bit, and not take things as personal insults. It is a given that on a board with different nationalities, such slurs will occur. The trick is not to take it to heart, but rather observe the social anthropological significance of it all, in context. :) Fascinating to be an observer rather than a willing participant.

Nah, any observations made would be personal and psychological in nature, and in no way telling of real world international relations. ;)

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Nah, any observations made would be personal and psychological in nature, and in no way telling of real world international relations. ;)

Well, some of the American culprits here are not representative of Americans, as I can tell you first hand having traveled through that country.

Don Brick
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
What grinds my gears?

Work.

Thumbs up y´all if you agree. :)

Loki
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM

That's what I meant. :)

And if people take such things personal and get aggravated about it, they're not doing themselves any favours. I mean, one can't control what people on the internet think or say. They will do it anyway.

anonymaus
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
People who are so insecure with their choices that they seek unnecessary outside validation; the politics of vegetarianism in general.

The Lawspeaker
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Missing the bus, twice
Just another day in my life. Compounded by the fact that I keep up with the old Sting-rule.

"A gentleman will walk but never run."

I don't see why I should run in order not to miss a bus or train when it makes me look like a complete idiot. There is always another one.

Aemma
02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
People who are so insecure with their choices that they seek unnecessary outside validation; the politics of vegetarianism in general.

Ok at the risk of sounding like the resident dullard here, what's this mean? :confused:

anonymaus
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Ok at the risk of sounding like the resident dullard here, what's this mean? :confused:

People who attempt to validate their life choices by assigning importance to their irrelevant actions: they can't just eat in a way which pleases them and satisfies their sense of morality and ethics, they must assign a greater importance to their actions for validation.

I could simply have said "I hate cowards and subjectivists" but I was being more specific ;)

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
My mother wants to visit this weekend.

Yes, that belongs in the "what grinds your gears" thread!

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
People who attempt to validate their life choices by assigning importance to their irrelevant actions: they can't just eat in a way which pleases them and satisfies their sense of morality and ethics, they must assign a greater importance to their actions for validation.

I could simply have said "I hate cowards and subjectivists" but I was being more specific ;)

Isn't that most vegetarians in the Western world? I mean, I can understand if you don't like meat, or if you think it may be better for your health, but all these "ethics" people drive me bonkers.

The Ripper
02-11-2011, 06:18 PM
When it comes to diet, I'm a barbarian. ;)

l9oVYKBMD7E

Grumpy Cat
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Well I don't have a problem with vegetarians, but I have a problem with preachy vegetarians.

Like, those who see you eat meat and decide to give me a lecture about animal cruelty while you're peacefully munching on a whopper.

Ironically, I know a few vegetarians like that, and my pets are healthier and better taken care of than their kids.

Don
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Incongruent people, for example, leftists that think of themselves as guardians of the freedom and act like maestros inquisidores.

Baron Samedi
02-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Non-Aryans.

Bloodeagle
02-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Vegetarians whose stupidity has forced them to feed their carnivorous pets, vegetarian pet food. :eek:
I get the feeling that these people live in some fairytale of reality where wolves eat soyburgers in the garden of Eden.

Beorn
02-12-2011, 01:02 AM
People who can't sing along to this anthem.

9zbtAxQdZcU

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Vegetarians whose stupidity has forced them to feed their carnivorous pets, vegetarian pet food. :eek:
I get the feeling that these people live in some fairytale of reality where wolves eat soyburgers in the garden of Eden.

Yeah, that or vegan parents who give their babies vegan soy milk. I almost called child services on one once. The baby was pale and skinny... babies are supposed to be chubby with rosy cheeks.

The Lawspeaker
02-12-2011, 01:07 AM
People who can't sing along to this anthem.

9zbtAxQdZcU

:thumbs up Gold !

Bloodeagle
02-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Yeah, that or vegan parents who give their babies vegan soy milk. I almost called child services on one once. The baby was pale and skinny... babies are supposed to be chubby with rosy cheeks.

I am thinking that her stupidity was so advanced, she felt as if her own mothers milk was too cruel and unvegan for her baby. :(

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I am thinking that her stupidity was so advanced, she felt as if her own mothers milk was too cruel and unvegan for her baby. :(

Yeah... and she wasn't vaccinating the kid either, even though that autism study was debunked and that "doctor" shamed. Or she thought vaccines were some form of mind control, or or the other.

Either way, kid's not going to make it, and it's child abuse in my books. :(