PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping too much

HectorOfTroy
10-31-2022, 12:38 AM
I go to bed fairly late and wake up early (Like 7:50) almost always. Then I eat something and go to sleep again since I sleep better after eating something but then I usually stay in bed falling in and out of sleep till like 10:30. So on average these days I'll be sleeping like 10 hours a day average. I don't think it's healthy and I heard it may cause brain aging which is something I definitely don't want. Guess I'll just have to drive to the gym next time I wake up early after eating maybe that'll help?

Andullero
10-31-2022, 12:40 AM
I go to bed fairly late and wake up early (Like 7:50) almost always. Then I eat something and go to sleep again since I sleep better after eating something but then I usually stay in bed falling in and out of sleep till like 10:30. So on average these days I'll be sleeping like 10 hours a day average. I don't think it's healthy and I heard it may cause brain aging which is something I definitely don't want. Guess I'll just have to drive to the gym next time I wake up early after eating maybe that'll help?

Upping your coffee intake would help lots too.

capocannoniere
10-31-2022, 12:46 AM
Try doing something after you wake up at 7:30 and see if you have any problems with feeling well-rested or not.
But if you fall in and out of sleep it means you are snoozing, not really sleepy. I have this problem now that college does not demand me to wake up early too. But I just keep pushing at night until I can and then sleep as much as I want. Do I often feel like shit? Yes, but it's the one schedule I can follow.

Ellethwyn
10-31-2022, 12:53 AM
I wish i could get 10 hours of sleep.

NSXD60
10-31-2022, 01:13 AM
Could be early onset depression. Distract yourself by socializing more.

Celestia
10-31-2022, 01:25 AM
I would try and stay up the first time you wake up. Go for a morning walk or jog. Try your best to stay active and busy throughout the day, you should feel tired by the end of the day and get a full nights sleep. Good luck!

HectorOfTroy
10-31-2022, 01:30 AM
Could be early onset depression. Distract yourself by socializing more.

Yeah, I barely socialize besides going to church on Sunday and have low motivation alot of the time. I started socializing more with some of the younger guys at my church lately so I think it'll be a good idea to continue pursuing that.

HectorOfTroy
10-31-2022, 01:32 AM
I wish i could get 10 hours of sleep.

It's not that great, 8.5-9 is optimal imo. Getting more time to sleep beyond that doesn't really do anything but make you feel gross and mentally messy instead of tired after deciding to finally wake up.

Ellethwyn
10-31-2022, 02:04 AM
It's not that great, 8.5-9 is optimal imo. Getting more time to sleep beyond that doesn't really do anything but make you feel gross and mentally messy instead of tired after deciding to finally wake up.

Eight hours would be perfect for me. I've been surviving on 4 to 6 hours for the past 17 years. I have a bit of depression that makes me sleep half the day away these days.

Richmondbread
10-31-2022, 05:42 PM
It isn't unhealthy to sleep that much..I have Lyme disease and it's imperative for me to get a minimum of 9 hours rest .Most people sleep too little which causes an early grave.

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

JamesBond007
10-31-2022, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I barely socialize besides going to church on Sunday and have low motivation alot of the time. I started socializing more with some of the younger guys at my church lately so I think it'll be a good idea to continue pursuing that.

omega-3 fatty acids

all natural derived multi-vitamin

jogging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eymr9NZpna8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBQ05nh-vY

Insuperable
10-31-2022, 06:49 PM
You probably weigh 150 kilos.

Atlantic Reptilian
10-31-2022, 06:54 PM
Can be unbalance of melatonin production, created either too low amounts or too high.

Do you dream a lot?

HectorOfTroy
10-31-2022, 08:27 PM
Can be unbalance of melatonin production, created either too low amounts or too high.

Do you dream a lot?

Im on meds. high dose of a tricyclic antidep for anxiety (200mg of clomipramine)
EDIT: I dream probably 3 times a week on average that I can remember

Hektor12
10-31-2022, 08:44 PM
I love sleeping 10 hours... I go to bed at 00.00 and wake up at 6.30 since my early teens. I take a 15-20 min "siesta" in the day if i can find an oppotunity. This schedule only changes on rare occasions. Sometimes, maybe twice a month, i sleep 10 hours and its very refreshing. I always feel more energetic after those 10-hours.

HectorOfTroy
11-01-2022, 12:11 AM
You probably weigh 150 kilos.

do i look that fat lol. im 93-94

Fortnite777
11-01-2022, 03:05 AM
Are you sure you're sleeping too much? Scientists say a healthy schedule for the Amerindian race is 18 hours of sleep and 6 hours of heavy drinking

Atlantic Reptilian
11-01-2022, 07:07 AM
Im on meds. high dose of a tricyclic antidep for anxiety (200mg of clomipramine)
EDIT: I dream probably 3 times a week on average that I can remember
Well, that explains a lot.

Your frequency of dreams sound healthy. Too much dreaming is not good either (trust me on this).

I would like to know an approximation of the time when you fall asleep (not just lying in bed).

omega-3 fatty acids

all natural derived multi-vitamin

jogging

The problem is that some people have more problems absorbing and/or metabolizing these substances.
Also, some people can't jogg for practical, physiological reasons.

Richmondbread
11-02-2022, 07:07 PM
I need my beauty rest !

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk