PDA

View Full Version : I showed up shitfaced drunk at boxing practice

gianmarioricco1
10-31-2022, 10:17 AM
And started channeling my inner Tank Abbott, calling out a guy with Mortimer's build "Scott Ferrozzo lookalike or whateve" and a guy with semilong hair "glam rock yahoo".
I eventually passed out and when the instructor came to check on me i went "i didnt come here to win, i came here to FIGHT" or something of that nature.
I uhm, really need to get my shit together folks.
So i asked my aunt who's a psychiatrist for a talk, and turns out i have a morbid obsession with the early years of the UFC where It was more like a toughman contest, with fat balding bums off the streets "trading blows".

Inviato dal mio RMX3201 utilizzando Tapatalk

oszkar07
10-31-2022, 12:20 PM
Early days Pride and UFC were like circus sideshow freakshows.
They had very few rules, even soccer kicks to the head were legal for a while.
They barely had weigh divisions, weight divisions exist for a reason.

If you are going to not have a weight division then in a sense the combat has to be
allowed to basically resemble a street fight meaning no rules.

For smaller guys to compete against bigger guys fighting dirty and ruthlessly is often necessary.

For example if you get into a streetfight with a bigger guy.
Get in first with maybe a headbutt to his nose then what you should do is follow up on that damage. If you broke the nose with the headbutt or manage to do some damage then you need to follow up targeting that damage so follow the headbutt with elbows to the nose or if you can manage a thai clinch bringing down the head to land a knee to the nose. Street fighting is not nice not honourable not chivalrous
its the law of the jungle. Athleticism, skills and toughness are factors but the other factors are ruthlessness, opportunism and brutality.

Im not certain that deliberatly going to te ground on streetfight is good idea. But if there is one worthwhile technique you can learn and master from BJJ ... to take someones back and choke them out. That is one of the kindest ways to end a streetfight.

The no holds bar rules of some of the early mma bouts were closer to real actual fights.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-31-2022, 12:40 PM
Boxing is a waste of time unless you want complete. Folkstyle wrestling + BJJ (at least blue belt) + Muay Thai covers all the bases.

JamesBond007
10-31-2022, 04:29 PM
Boxing is a waste of time unless you want complete. Folkstyle wrestling + BJJ (at least blue belt) + Muay Thai covers all the bases.

Nigga, Jersey does not have the cachet of New York that you live in Jersey explains all I need to know about you. Here in the Bronx men in their 30s and 40s are not going to roll around on the ground , in the dirt, like they are kids. If you come to the Bronx and pull that Bruce Lee shit your ass is going to get shot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fSakpur0w
https://nobetterdan.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/indiana-jones-sword-vs-gun.gif