PDA

View Full Version : My female budgie attacked my male budgie and drew blood..

Richmondbread
11-14-2022, 01:14 AM
My male budgie has blood all over his chest. Luckily he stopped bleeding (they can bleed to death easily). Dried blood on the perch, and NO blood on her. I took her out and put her in a separate cage. Poor fellow. He just wanted to sit next to her. She pecked him to a pulp.

Incal
11-14-2022, 04:45 AM
Didn't know you had pets.

NSXD60
11-14-2022, 05:16 AM
Guess he believed that rape had no meaning between couples, like you Meade.

Incal
11-14-2022, 05:25 AM
Guess he believed that rape had no meaning between couples, like you Meade.

LMAO

Fortnite777
11-14-2022, 05:50 AM
Me personally, I would not have let that happen. If I was the bird, I mean. Nobody pecks me and gets away with it

Mejgusu
11-14-2022, 08:58 AM
You should check your keeping, are you sure that both have different sexes? Or your cage is probably too small and you don’t offer them enough free flight.

gixajo
11-14-2022, 10:29 AM
In Spain, your female budgie would not go to jail, but if it had been the male who attacked the female, it would be considered sexist violence and immediate precautionary measures would be taken, including the very possible admission to preventive detention, free psychological care, forced separation for her male partner, the possibility of changing schools for the children and scholarships for dining and for the school bus, preference in the purchase of subsidized housing, and even advantages when it comes to a job in the public administration. etc...

Hyena
11-14-2022, 09:24 PM
My male budgie has blood all over his chest. Luckily he stopped bleeding (they can bleed to death easily). Dried blood on the perch, and NO blood on her. I took her out and put her in a separate cage. Poor fellow. He just wanted to sit next to her. She pecked him to a pulp.

Is it true you named the male budgie 'Meade' and the female budgie 'celestia'?

Richmondbread
11-15-2022, 03:07 AM
You should check your keeping, are you sure that both have different sexes? Or your cage is probably too small and you don’t offer them enough free flight.

I have a very large cage, actually. It's probably a little too big for them, and they are only two. She is getting older and very cranky. He is a fairly young bird. He seems okay but I am taking him into the vet to be sure.

Richmondbread
11-15-2022, 03:08 AM
Is it true you named the male budgie 'Meade' and the female budgie 'celestia'?

No, their names are Donald And Melania.

Dick
11-15-2022, 03:43 AM
You should've named them Richie and Celeste

Anglo-Celtic
11-15-2022, 03:58 AM
Space has it right. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male (shock, shock, horror, horror, shock, shock, horror)."

gixajo
11-15-2022, 05:14 AM

So then has sense Melania attacked Donald.

Richmondbread
11-15-2022, 07:43 AM
You should've named them Richie and CelesteMy next pair will be that

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

Roy
11-15-2022, 10:07 PM

I can safely assume that you love Donald Trump then.

Comealongwithme
11-15-2022, 10:32 PM

Isn't this basically a sign that Melania is going to divorce Trump?

Gallop
11-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Must be an alpha female. Well, put the cages together until you can see that through the bars of both cages they kiss each other with their beaks, then put them together again.

Another cause can be boredom or stress, then you put them with breadfruit on branch or some rope toys so they can entertain themselves with them, release stress and do not do it with their mate.

https://maskowe.com/media/catalog/product/cache/e4d64343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/e/s/espiga_de_panizo.jpeg

They have a lot of fun eating each seed of the ear.

Incal
11-16-2022, 01:54 AM
Space has it right. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male (shock, shock, horror, horror, shock, shock, horror)."

Great song BTW

Richmondbread
11-16-2022, 02:20 AM
Must be an alpha female. Well, put the cages together until you can see that through the bars of both cages they kiss each other with their beaks, then put them together again.

Another cause can be boredom or stress, then you put them with breadfruit on branch or some rope toys so they can entertain themselves with them, release stress and do not do it with their mate.

https://maskowe.com/media/catalog/product/cache/e4d64343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/e/s/espiga_de_panizo.jpeg

They have a lot of fun eating each seed of the ear.

Usually the females have harder bites and are more nasty. Males don't bite as hard. When I seen her bite him before he just sat there like "wth?" I guess he's a battered husband.

Anglo-Celtic
11-17-2022, 01:33 AM
Great song BTW

I'm glad that somebody got the reference. It's a wonder that Space had just one hit.

NSXD60
11-17-2022, 02:15 AM
Meade, get off your ass and entertain your bored budgies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4