PDA

View Full Version : French Magazine Releases Gay Muhammad Cover After Firebomb Attack

Óttar
11-17-2011, 10:14 PM
http://flapsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/charlie-hebdo-cover.jpg
Here we go again.

Showing no fear after getting its offices firebombed soon after printing an issue ridiculing radical Islam, French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, has fired back with a cover depicting a gay Muslim man passionately kissing another man under the headline: “L’Amour plus fort que la haine,” French for “love is stronger than hate.”
Charlie Hebdo is a caustic and controversial satire magazine that uses vulgar humor and illustrations to lampoon anything its writers and artists feel is fair game, usually in the realm of politics and religion, with everyone at equal risk of being a target. French president Nikolas Sarkozy is perpetually ridiculed in its pages, as well as leftist politicians like Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Recently, a cover had a drawing of the Bible, Koran, and Torah swirling in a toilet bowl with a headline that read: “In the toilet, all the religions.”

So, when the magazine’s editors recently announced that Muhammad would be a “guest editor” and the magazine was temporarily renamed “Charia Hebdo” (a play on the word, “Sharia”), it was according to protocol. However, as is well-known, depicting Islam’s prophet Muhammad is extremely offensive to some Muslims, and there has been violent retaliation, evidenced by the infamous 2005 Danish cartoon scandal in which riots flared up as a response to a newspaper’s publications of cartoons ridiculing Muhammad.

Since then, other newspapers and media outlets have adopted self-censorship when it comes to images of Muhammad, such as Comedy Central choosing to edit out the image of Muhammad in a “South Park” episode in 2006 and Yale University choosing not to include the Danish comics of Muhammad in an anthology of controversial cartoons entitled, “The Cartoons that Shook the World.”

Charlie Hebdo, however, was undeterred, and published its “Charia Hebdo” with a drawing of a bearded Muslim man on the cover (there was no specific reference to Muhammad), saying “100 lashes if you don’t die of laughter.” Inside were caricatures and comics that mocked the recent events in Libya and Tunisia where certain Sharia laws are being implemented and Islamist politicians getting elected.

Stephane Charbonnier, editor-in-chief of the humor magazine, told reporters: “What motivated us to publish this edition were events in Libya and Tunisia. It was a joke. The idea was to imagine a world where Sharia would be applied, but as everyone says to not worry about Libya or Tunisia, we wanted to explain what a ‘soft’ version of Sharia could look like.”

And, what was the result of Charia Hebdo?

The French magazine had its website hacked,death threats to employees and their office was completely destroyed by a firebomb (nobody was injured).

Here is the video:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpHoBOsQVX4?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpHoBOsQVX4?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

But, undeterred Charlie Hebdo is now come out with the gay Muslim man cover. Some say this is Muhammad, but it has not been confirmed.

http://flapsblog.com/2011/11/10/after-firebombing-french-magazine-returns-with-gay-muhammad-cover/

The Journeyman
11-17-2011, 10:20 PM
:popcorn:

Siberyak
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Great !!!!! :)

Star Valley
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
This is a reflection of extremism, it is absolutely appalling that a cartoon insulting a religion would trigger attempt at murder. Everyone writing a death treat, attacking, and threatening the magazine should be punished. If people really believe in their religion and have faith, why this need to try to murder or attack someone mocking their religion or questioning?

Still, mocking a religion in a demeaning manner is wrong (while stereo-typing) and should not be put on a pedestal when targeting and hurting others in such a provocative or harmful way, just for entertainment. In my opinion, I think the way in which they were trying to make a change was unproductive, because the cover is quite disgusting to look at actually, and the message would not even appeal to a mass audience. The way to solving the issues in religion is not by completely diminishing religion and their people.

The counter reaction of the people on the receiving end just allow the publications to continue, and with right the publications should continue: attacks like this should not be occurring and people need to stand up for what they believe in.

Charlie Hebdo is a productive satire. "In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement." As entertaining as they may be, we still have yet to see their publications be taken seriously and inspire change or impact.

Joe McCarthy
11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
One of the very few times I stand behind the fags, especially as I'd never stand in front of them.

One will note though that if Frenchmen were as Catholic as immigrants are Muslim, there very likely wouldn't be any immigrants.

Scrapple
11-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Good to see they are not backing down.

Jake Featherston
11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Islam (and the phenomenon of Muslim immigration into the West) sucks, but these faggots are only doing this because they've pissed on Christianity so much, that they can't get attention by doing that anymore. And when they get the sort of violent attenton they aren't seeking from the Muslims they are goading, they will be crying like the little bitches they are, their false bravado here not withstanding.

Loddfafner
11-18-2011, 01:53 AM
What was it that Pim Fortuyn said about Moroccan men?

MagnaLaurentia
11-23-2011, 06:18 AM
http://www.egaliteetreconciliation.fr/local/cache-vignettes/L650xH920/Shoah_Hebdo2-b65b1.jpg

Supreme American
11-23-2011, 11:13 PM
This is a reflection of extremism, it is absolutely appalling that a cartoon insulting a religion would trigger attempt at murder. Everyone writing a death treat, attacking, and threatening the magazine should be punished. If people really believe in their religion and have faith, why this need to try to murder or attack someone mocking their religion or questioning?

The answer to this one lies in Islamic traditions called Hadiths which make up Islamic law. Muhammad personally ordered some people who mocked him and his religion to be assassinated, thus we have what we have, which has been going on for 1400 years.

Read Muhammad's Dead Poets Society (http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/dead_poets.htm) for more on that.

deljakhalo
11-24-2011, 01:52 AM
One of the very few times I stand behind the fags, especially as I'd never stand in front of them.

One will note though that if Frenchmen were as Catholic as immigrants are Muslim, there very likely wouldn't be any immigrants.

So, I take it youre a top. :thumbs up

Queen of Swords
11-24-2011, 02:02 AM
The French magazine had its website hacked,death threats to employees and their office was completely destroyed by a firebomb (nobody was injured).

Another tolerant act by the so-called "religion of peace."

deljakhalo
11-24-2011, 02:08 AM

Another tolerant act by the so-called "religion of peace."

Uhh quite obviously they are the peaceful-est religion ever! :rolleyes:

I have to say, that this article gives me fuzzy feelings in my tummie. I am very proud of this magazine....I hope more follow suit.