PDA

View Full Version : Classify Syrian men

rajputprincess
12-09-2022, 10:46 AM
I saw him on YouTube. He is popular YouTuber among arabshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/c1938b0b752ebe88c88cd854e9a648b4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/564d282a4f943bd2c61bde90fd16c923.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/6409702e0b938f5c7626efbdcdf78111.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/d2405adefad2c354ff795af4c60534dd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/e0c9965fdbd17abbd3645a6ef39051c4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/053fb50a12ae36be30cf7d8aa434b482.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/7eca4786e23341aab8ad323e1653a251.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/820e3fcf678ed37ecd4e115c37faa050.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/9305da6aacd3b5d24d02b6f47e57315e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/d0791c7513dc5e654f6c8e8019bf6a91.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/d34a4a03a7d04e3d3b1b31e239b81aec.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/028928d7576cbc6bbba5d312649d97a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/16ac462cd945e04d3c4e948c9a211ccb.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Y3 using Tapatalk

Marmara
12-09-2022, 11:09 AM
He reminds me of Turkish actor Tolga Sarıtaş.

Jingle Bell
12-09-2022, 12:19 PM
Alpinized N. Pontid/Pontid i think

Atlantic Reptilian
12-09-2022, 12:21 PM
nordo-med

Marshall Theodore
12-09-2022, 12:21 PM
He probably has a european ancestor xd

rajputprincess
12-09-2022, 12:51 PM
He probably has a european ancestor xdBoth of his parents are Syrian.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/09ba0e9d76e49c844088717623d4ae8e.jpg

Eurafricanid
12-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Pontid + Alpine, East/African Alpinid make MENA look very European

axel.aleman
12-09-2022, 01:19 PM
Pontid + Asiatic Alpine

Xacal
12-09-2022, 01:29 PM
Alpine + Atlantid. Looks Spanish

Marshall Theodore
12-09-2022, 02:42 PM
Both of his parents are Syrian.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221209/09ba0e9d76e49c844088717623d4ae8e.jpg

They're not european, nor genetically nor culturally, and therefore not white, thats what matters

Immanenz
12-09-2022, 02:43 PM
reminds me of Luka Doncic

Avicenna
12-09-2022, 07:19 PM
Father is most likely a turkmen ( ethnic Turks from Syria ) , or probably descends from Circassians etc . It's Alot more common up in the north like Aleppo .

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Atlantid with something else. Perhaps he has a French ancestor from when France colonised it?

Sacrificed Ram
12-09-2022, 10:09 PM
North-Pontid+Alpinid/Borreby.

Pass as german easily.

placebo
12-09-2022, 10:10 PM
he looks similar to tolgahan sarıtaş

rajputprincess
12-10-2022, 12:57 AM
Father is most likely a turkmen ( ethnic Turks from Syria ) , or probably descends from Circassians etc . It's Alot more common up in the north like Aleppo .His wife is normal olive skinned Syrian.still son is pale with blue eyes. So for how many generation these looks survive?

chinshen
12-10-2022, 01:12 AM
Father is most likely a turkmen ( ethnic Turks from Syria ) , or probably descends from Circassians etc . It's Alot more common up in the north like Aleppo .

Do you have any proof?

Thorn
12-10-2022, 01:42 AM
SubNordid + Med.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 09:05 AM
His wife is normal olive skinned Syrian.still son is pale with blue eyes. So for how many generation these looks survive?

I said his father not mother . Many Syrians living up north especially around Aleppo who are Muslims , possibly descend from Muslim settlers from the ottoman empire . This is known knowledge .

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 09:07 AM
Do you have any proof?

I said most likely , i didn't claim definitve .

However ..

"More than 80% of Aleppo's inhabitants are Sunni Muslims.[citation needed] They are mainly Syrian Arabs, followed by Turkmens and Kurds. Other Muslim groups include small numbers of ethnic Circassians, Chechens, Albanians, Bosniaks, Greeks and Bulgarians"

Keep in mind Alot of the latter communities have become arabised .

chinshen
12-10-2022, 05:32 PM
I said most likely , i didn't claim definitve .

However ..

"More than 80% of Aleppo's inhabitants are Sunni Muslims.[citation needed] They are mainly Syrian Arabs, followed by Turkmens and Kurds. Other Muslim groups include small numbers of ethnic Circassians, Chechens, Albanians, Bosniaks, Greeks and Bulgarians"

Keep in mind Alot of the latter communities have become arabised .

Your above statement is probably accurate, but per your own argument since Sunni Arabs makeup 80% of the population, then the most likely scenario that will make more sense which could apply to him is for him to being a Sunni Arabs rather than a Turkmen.

Turkmen combined with all the other minorities that you mentioned makeup 20% of the population only, which makes his chance of being a Turkmen rather small compared to being a Sunni Arab.

Plus you need to make a distinction between an indigenous Syrian verses a Bedouin Syrian which are relatively a new population to Syria.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Your above statement is probably accurate, but per your own argument since Sunni Arabs makeup 80% of the population, then the most likely scenario that will make more sense which could apply to him is for him to being a Sunni Arabs rather than a Turkmen.

Turkmen combined with all the other minorities that you mentioned makeup 20% of the population only, which makes his chance of being a Turkmen rather small compared to being a Sunni Arab.

Plus you need to make a distinction between an indigenous Syrian verses a Bedouin Syrian which are relatively a new population to Syria.

You have to keep in mind Many ethnic minorities like bosniaks became arabised and so on . The OP and his father look like Turks , the mother looks Arab .

Bedouins originated in the syrian and Arab desert bro . They are not a new population .

"Unlike other non-Arab Sunni Muslim minorities in Syria, such as the Turkomans, the Circassians have maintained a distinct identity, although in recent times they have become increasingly assimilated.[4] "

"Much of the Bosniak community have become Arabized; for this reason, they are often counted as "Arab".[1] Indeed, many Bosniaks who adhere to Islam do self-identify as Arabs,[2] however, there are still some who have retained their national identity."
"Damascus has been home to an organized Greek community since 1913, but there are also significant numbers of Greek Muslims originally from Ottoman Crete who have been living in several coastal towns and villages of Syria and Lebanon since the late Ottoman era. They were resettled there by Sultan Abdul Hamid II following the Greco-Turkish War in 1897–98, in which the Ottoman Empire lost Crete to the Kingdom of Greece"

Hence why if you come across those Syrians with pale skin blue eyes and slavo features , ask they what's their actual origin . Most likely bosniak/ ottoman / Circassian settler's .

chinshen
12-10-2022, 05:52 PM
You have to keep in mind Many ethnic minorities like bosniaks became arabised and so on . The OP and his father look like Turks , the mother looks Arab .

Bedouins originated in the syrian and Arab desert bro . They are not a new population .

"Unlike other non-Arab Sunni Muslim minorities in Syria, such as the Turkomans, the Circassians have maintained a distinct identity, although in recent times they have become increasingly assimilated.[4] "

"Much of the Bosniak community have become Arabized; for this reason, they are often counted as "Arab".[1] Indeed, many Bosniaks who adhere to Islam do self-identify as Arabs,[2] however, there are still some who have retained their national identity."

Hence why if you come across those Syrians with pale skin blue eyes and slavo features , ask they what's their actual origin . Most likely bosniak/ ottoman / Circassian settler's .

I understand that many minorities became Arabized, but that also applies to Turks and many other ethnic groups.
You are stereotyping by saying that him and his father look like Turks while his mother looks Arab. Are you telling me that current ethnic Turks look like how their ancestors looked a thousand year ago?

No, Bedouins did not originated from Syria, they originated from the Arabian Peninsula. Most of the ones that you now see in Syria and Iraq didn't even come there with the first Islamic/Arab conquest in the seventh century AD, but in the last couple centuries.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 06:58 PM
I understand that many minorities became Arabized, but that also applies to Turks and many other ethnic groups.
You are stereotyping by saying that him and his father look like Turks while his mother looks Arab. Are you telling me that current ethnic Turks look like how their ancestors looked a thousand year ago?

No, Bedouins did not originated from Syria, they originated from the Arabian Peninsula. Most of the ones that you now see in Syria and Iraq didn't even come there with the first Islamic/Arab conquest in the seventh century AD, but in the last couple centuries.

Syrian Bedouins are far more indeginous than Circassians , Turkmens , Greeks , bulgarians , Chechens , bosniaks ans Albanians . The latter groups arrived into the Levant recently . Besides , my whole point was that the guy in OP has most likely some sort of Turkmen / Circassian ancestry . I didn't say he definitely has . He doesn't look Arab nor syrian either . ( That doesn't mean he isn't btw ).

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 07:03 PM

I did mention Turks got arabised , Alot of Syrians around Aleppo region have Turkish ancestry. Turkish are lighter than ethnic Arabs / syrians , hence why I linked the very Turkish looking OP to turkmen ancestry.

chinshen
12-10-2022, 07:15 PM

Are you implying that native Syrian can not possibly have pale skin, light hair & blue eyes while a native Turk can?
By native Turk I don't mean a West Asian Turk with Balkan Slavic, Greek, Native Anatolian, Caucasus or even Germanic ancestry, but a real native Turk with central & eastern Asian lineage going back 700 to 1000 years.

chinshen
12-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Syrian Bedouins are far more indeginous than Circassians , Turkmens , Greeks , bulgarians , Chechens , bosniaks ans Albanians . The latter groups arrived into the Levant recently . Besides , my whole point was that the guy in OP has most likely some sort of Turkmen / Circassian ancestry . I didn't say he definitely has . He doesn't look Arab nor syrian either . ( That doesn't mean he isn't btw ).

Neither one is really more indigenous, an individual is either indigenous or not indigenous and none of the one that you mentioned is indigenous to Syria including Arab Bedouins.

Circassians are not the same or even similar to Turkmen, the first originate from north east of Black sea which is part of Europe while the latter from the east of Caspian sea and even further east which is part of the Asian continent.

chinshen
12-10-2022, 07:28 PM
I did mention Turks got arabised , Alot of Syrians around Aleppo region have Turkish ancestry. Turkish are lighter than ethnic Arabs / syrians , hence why I linked the very Turkish looking OP to turkmen ancestry.

Yes, also some Arabs and others got Turkified too. Real Turks with non European, native Anatolian or Caucasus ancestry or admixture are not lighter than native Syrians.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 08:23 PM
Are you implying that native Syrian can not possibly have pale skin, light hair & blue eyes while a native Turk can?
By native Turk I don't mean a West Asian Turk with Balkan Slavic, Greek, Native Anatolian, Caucasus or even Germanic ancestry, but a real native Turk with central & eastern Asian lineage going back 700 to 1000 years.

A native Turk derives from the steppe , who have a decent amount of steppe ancestry , so yes I do think so .( A native Turk is way more likely to have those features than a native Syrian )

A Turkmen in Syria is still a Turk , I don't care if they are turkified Balkans etc . They are still lighter on face value . Western turkey has the highest input of Turkic ancestry and they are the lightest .

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 08:24 PM
Yes, also some Arabs and others got Turkified too. Real Turks with non European, native Anatolian or Caucasus ancestry or admixture are not lighter than native Syrians.

Turks in the Levant got arabised however ,although places like easteen Anatolia there were Armenians , Georgians etc that got turkified no doubt.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 08:35 PM

Why don't you just say Turkic people who are from Uzbekistan / Kazakhstan? I'm talking about Turks from Turkey . I don't care if they are turkified this or that . They are lighter than Syrians. In that case , you cannot include arabified armenians , assyrians , Greeks , Turks , french , Circassians , bosniaks, Albanians , Chechens as Syrians.( The ones who have light features could be from those people right ?)

chinshen
12-10-2022, 10:08 PM
A native Turk derives from the steppe , who have a decent amount of steppe ancestry , so yes I do think so .( A native Turk is way more likely to have those features than a native Syrian ).

I don't think so, but whatever makes you happy. By the way I am not talking about deriving from steppe ancestry, that is totally irrelevant.

A Turkmen in Syria is still a Turk , I don't care if they are turkified Balkans etc . They are still lighter on face value . Western turkey has the highest input of Turkic ancestry and they are the lightest .

So you consider a Turkmen to be pure ethnic even if you knew that he/she has been Turkified, but not a native Syrian if he/she having a distant foreign ancestry, that sounds like hypocrisy at best.

chinshen
12-10-2022, 10:12 PM
Turks in the Levant got arabised however ,although places like easteen Anatolia there were Armenians , Georgians etc that got turkified no doubt.

There are probably a lot more Syrians that got Turkified than the other way around. Most part of southern Turkey was part of historical Syria.

chinshen
12-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Why don't you just say Turkic people who are from Uzbekistan / Kazakhstan? I'm talking about Turks from Turkey . I don't care if they are turkified this or that.

So who in your mind is a genuine Turk? Anatolian Turks? Or Central Asian Turks? For sure they can't both be, can they?

They are lighter than Syrians. In that case , you cannot include arabified armenians , assyrians , Greeks , Turks , french , Circassians , bosniaks, Albanians , Chechens as Syrians.( The ones who have light features could be from those people right ?)

Of course Balkan Turks and Turkified Caucasus natives who are actually mostly Slavic and other native Europeans that were Turkified are lighter than native Syrians, but that does not mean a genuine Turk with no European or Caucasus admixture is lighter than a native Syrian who also does not have any European admixture.
You are comparing a European population with a middle Eastern one, it does not take a genius to figure that one out.

It is a lot more likely for a native Syrian with no European or Caucasus ancestry to have blue eyes, light hair & light skin than a genuine native Turk with no foreign admixture .

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 11:26 PM
So who in your mind is a genuine Turk? Anatolian Turks? Or Central Asian Turks? For sure they can't both be, can they?

Of course Balkan Turks and Turkified Caucasus natives who are actually mostly Slavic and other native Europeans that were Turkified are lighter than native Syrians, but that does not mean a genuine Turk with no European or Caucasus admixture is lighter than a native Syrian who also does not have any European admixture.
You are comparing a European population with a middle Eastern one, it does not take a genius to figure that one out.

It is a lot more likely for a native Syrian with no European or Caucasus ancestry to have blue eyes, light hair & light skin than a genuine native Turk with no foreign admixture .

I think you are throwing red herrings around here . Why has the convo shifted to who is a Turk and who isn't? A turkmen from Syria is genetically like Turks from Anatolia , not Kazakhstan .Anatolian Turks do not have recent European ancestry by and large , genetic calculators show this as well . An Anatolian Turk is still lighter than a native Syrian. Don't know why you are bringing up Turkics from Kazakhstan into this .

Let me reiterate

I never claimed a blue eyed pale skinned Syrian is DEFINITELY a Turk, Circassian , Chechen etc . I said there could be a strong possibility. Turks have a stereotype in the Levant that they are blue eyed etc and some of them associate their lightness to "Turkish " origins or something along those lines.

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 11:29 PM

Hold on, most Anatolian Turks do not have recent European ancestry , so how are you so sure the "native Syrian " don't have any recent ancestry from the Caucasus etc ?

Also just to put it out there

"Some estimates indicate that if Arabized Turkmen (i.e. those who no longer speak their main language) are taken into account, then they form the second largest group in the country.[5] The majority of Syrian Turkmen are Sunni Muslims.[5]"

It's no coincidence once you go to the northern areas of Syria Like Latakia, Aleppo and such, the frequency of reddish hair , lighter pigmented eyes etc pop up more . It's because non Syrian Arabs inhabir those regions , and no, I'm not talking about Turks only , there are aramaics, assyrians , armenians living there too .

"Aleppo's large Christian population swelled with the influx of Armenian and Assyrian Christian refugees during the early 20th-century and after the Armenian and Assyrian genocides of 1915. After the arrival of the first groups of Armenian refugees (1915–1922) the population of Aleppo in 1922 counted 156,748 of which Muslims were 97,600 (62.26%), native Christians -mostly Catholics- 22,117 (14.11%), Jews 6,580 (4.20%), Europeans 2,652 (1.70%), Armenian refugees 20,007 (12.76%) and others 7,792 (4.97%).[150][151]"

Avicenna
12-10-2022, 11:38 PM

A genuine Syrian is who exactly ? And who is a genuine Turk? Turkic people who migrated to anatolia themselves were not 100% eastern Eurasian , they were a mixture of western eurasian and eastern Eurasian folks , like Tocharians etc . Search up what their features were like, Alot of red hair light eyes .

Also, you seem to ignore the fact that Anatolian folks who inhabited Anatolia were descended from people who were Indo european. These people became hellenized , they weren't actually Greek . Pontic Greeks are west Asian genetically speaking.