PDA

View Full Version : Steve Williams' shocking racist slur against Tiger Woods

European blood
11-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Tiger Woods' former caddie Steve Williams caused outrage at an awards dinner when he made a racist remark about his former boss.

Williams was given an award for the year's best celebration - a reference to his tongue-in-cheek claim that his current employer Adam Scott's victory at the Bridgestone Invitational in August was 'the best win of my career'.

Asked what the celebration was all about, the 47-year-old New Zealander said: 'It was my aim to shove it right up that black a**ehole.'

One caddie said: 'Never have you been in a room and seen so many jaws drop at the same time. We knew he was an idiot but we didn't know he was a racist idiot. I was standing next to a European Tour official who said, "Thank God he is not on our tour".'

It is believed Williams had no intention of attending the function until he was persuaded by Scott, who will surely have no choice but to sack him.

Williams, who could also face a long ban, will claim it was a private function and journalists were told it was strictly off the record.

Not since Gerald Ratner labelled the jewellery his own company made as 'crap' has anyone committed such professional suicide.

Williams began working for Woods in 1999 and was 'shocked' to be ousted in July this year.

One caddie said: 'I don't know all the ins and outs of why they split up but how can anyone be so bitter to someone who earned them £10million?'

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10764057