PDA

View Full Version : In other sports, the French also have teams full of blacks?

Ruggery
12-20-2022, 11:04 PM
Or is it only in football?

Jacques de Imbelloni
12-20-2022, 11:38 PM
Their rugby league is pretty varied, from polinetians, to British citizens, to blacks to South Americans.

Tooting Carmen
12-21-2022, 12:10 AM
The French basketball team is. Their rugby union team has a reasonable percentage, but nowhere near as high as the football or basketball teams.

coolfrenchguy
12-21-2022, 02:43 AM
don't forget than many black/mulatto/mixed skinned sportsmen and women are from the french overseas territories like the west indies for example and not necessary from africa or the former french colonies
like marie-josée perec for ex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGrRamG2Po

vikash dhorasoo for exemple is from mauritius with an indian ethnic backround

Ruggery
12-21-2022, 05:57 PM
don't forget than many black/mulatto/mixed skinned sportsmen and women are from the french overseas territories like the west indies for example and not necessary from africa or the former french colonies
like marie-josée perec for ex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGrRamG2Po

vikash dhorasoo for exemple is from mauritius with an indian ethnic backround

In the case of football, almost all of them are born and raised in France but their parents or grandparents are from ex-colonies in Africa, in basketball the same, in fact very rarely do I see an athlete who comes from a former French colony in America or Asia, in other European countries that do have or had colonists from Asia if it see more like England or the Netherlands.

Immanenz
12-21-2022, 06:24 PM
lazy to check but i m pretty sure their swimmers and skiers will be overwhelmingly white. also dart players if you consider it a sport.

Cristiano viejo
12-21-2022, 06:37 PM
Basket and tennis players are black most of times.

No idea about rugby although I know some who are of Spanish descent.

Handball players are of Spanish, Balkan and African descent. Very few are French.

Boxeo, MMA they are black or MENA.

More sports... cycling, they are French. Chess, they are French. I guess in all these residual sports such as fencing etc they will be French too.

RogueState
12-21-2022, 06:54 PM
It's not only France

- England has a disproportionate number of players of West African origin (direct or indirect through the Caribbean Afro-descendants), and no South Asian
- The Netherlands as well (from Suriname mostly)
- Germany also starting to have full or partial players of West African origin
- Even Spain (Balde, Ansu Fati)
- The US and Canada also in majority composed with SSA players
- Even more interesting for the US, is despite the huge Latino population (and mainly from Mexico, where football is the national sport, indeed Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are not into football), almost no players of Latino background
- Even Australia has some SSA players, despite not even being 1% of the population

Not to mention :
- Overrepresentation of Blacks/pardo among Brazilians (compared to Whites and Indigenous), among Ecuador (very striking contrast with their real share of population), Costa Rica as well
- Same for Qatar and Saudi Arabia (Afro-Arabs)

Cristiano viejo
12-21-2022, 06:57 PM
Even Spain (Balde, Ansu Fati)

How could you be so ridicolous???? comparing all the French squad which is almost entirely black for the last 3 decades with 2 niggas who practically dont play for Spain?? :lol:

RogueState
12-21-2022, 06:58 PM
How could you be so ridicolous???? comparing all the French squad which is almost entirely black for the last 3 decades with 2 niggas who practically dont play for Spain?? :lol:

Of course, it's not the same level

But the trend is there

Ruggery
12-21-2022, 07:03 PM
It's not only France

- England has a disproportionate number of players of West African origin (direct or indirect through the Caribbean Afro-descendants), and no South Asian
- The Netherlands as well (from Suriname mostly)
- Germany also starting to have full or partial players of West African origin
- Even Spain (Balde, Ansu Fati)
- The US and Canada also in majority composed with SSA players
- Even more interesting for the US, is despite the huge Latino population (and mainly from Mexico, where football is the national sport, indeed Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are not into football), almost no players of Latino background
- Even Australia has some SSA players, despite not even being 1% of the population

Not to mention :
- Overrepresentation of Blacks/pardo among Brazilians (compared to Whites and Indigenous), among Ecuador (very striking contrast with their real share of population), Costa Rica as well
- Same for Qatar and Saudi Arabia (Afro-Arabs)

Even Switzerland also has a few.

In Uruguay blacks are only 2% of the population and even so in their team they have 3 or 4.

Ruggery
12-21-2022, 07:04 PM

But the trend is there

From what year was it that the French team was mostly black?

Roy
12-21-2022, 09:55 PM
They're generally overrepresented among athletes representing France.

Marshall Theodore
12-21-2022, 09:57 PM
Yes, their basket team

RogueState
12-21-2022, 10:11 PM
From what year was it that the French team was mostly black?

There already Black players in the 70-80s (like Marius Tresor)

But I would say for the World Cup 2006, they started to be the majority
https://c8.alamy.com/zoomsfr/9/173241c88f0e4a84b9c93c531ab90f39/2e9attm.jpg

Cristiano viejo
12-22-2022, 09:37 PM

But the trend is there
Not even comparable.

The national teams of France and Spain reflect very well the reality of both countries. While in France there are already 4th generation of immigrants we still are in the 1st.

There already Black players in the 70-80s (like Marius Tresor)

But I would say for the World Cup 2006, they started to be the majority

The French team in 1996 already was very moronegro

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm-preview-1500/7269052a/293da248/Shutterstock_7269052a.jpg

Norb
12-22-2022, 09:46 PM
how many does Russia have?

Ruggery
12-23-2022, 03:19 AM
Not even comparable.

The national teams of France and Spain reflect very well the reality of both countries. While in France there are already 4th generation of immigrants we still are in the 1st.

The French team in 1996 already was very moronegro

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm-preview-1500/7269052a/293da248/Shutterstock_7269052a.jpg

In France even at the time of World War II there were already blacks, so it doesn't surprise me that there are up to 5th generation of them.

Creoda
12-23-2022, 04:26 AM
Why don't you check for yourself? It would take a minute of googling. FMD.

Dragoon
12-23-2022, 06:39 AM
European teams must make it a mandate
only native players with at least 2-3 generations play for national team.

They can choose only European players
or limit it to only from specific country.

Jehan
12-23-2022, 07:04 AM

They can choose only European players
or limit it to only from specific country.

In the case of France how it would apply? We are a bit in the same situation then USA, with a old black minority. For the curent team football, it's not the case but earlier, all the black guys came from french overseas island. Their family are french longer than most of your country exists.
Are they consider as native?

TheForeigner
12-23-2022, 07:37 AM
In the case of France how it would apply? We are a bit in the same situation then USA, with a old black minority. For the curent team football, it's not the case but earlier, all the black guys came from french overseas island. Their family are french longer than most of your country exists.

Before the post-ww2 era the French Antilles were merely French colonies and not "overseas France". Their natives are descendants of African slaves. Do you have no concept of French peoplehood? Do you even think there is no such thing as ethnic French or that Europeans are not really white people?

Dragoon
12-23-2022, 07:39 AM

How many generations have the oldest Sub-Saharan Africans been in Continent/Metro France (not colonies) in large numbers?

Its a tough case but something has to be done.

Jehan
12-23-2022, 07:57 AM
Before the post-ww2 era the French Antilles were merely French colonies and not "overseas France". Their natives are descendants of African slaves. Do you have no concept of French peoplehood? Do you even think there is no such thing as ethnic French or that Europeans are not really white people?

You play on the word, what does it changes that they were colonies instead of french overseas? Still part of France that we want it or not. And i said it as a french guy who beleive we should give indeendance to thoses places annd cut link with.
I do people there is ethnic french, just clarify your position.

What is your position about black in USA team? Are they not americans?

Jehan
12-23-2022, 07:58 AM
How many generations have the oldest Sub-Saharan Africans been in Continent/Metro France (not colonies) in large numbers?

Its a tough case but something has to be done.

Depend of the place but around 1650 the black population were there.

TheForeigner
12-23-2022, 08:04 AM
You play on the word, what does it changes that they were colonies instead of french overseas? Still part of France that we want it or not. And i said it as a french guy who beleive we should give indeendance to thoses places annd cut link with.
I do people there is ethnic french, just clarify your position.

What is your position about black in USA team? Are they not americans?

I don't think that you should not allow blacks or any other race in national team. What would be the reason, if their families were allowed to migrate to France and they are citizens. The real mistake was to allow those people in the country in such large numbers, in the first place. If there remained only small numbers of them in France, then the team would have stayed all white or almost all white like it was as recent as in the 1980s with Michel Platini's team.
For me American blacks are not real Americans or at least not a part of what used to be the American people historically, which only included white people. But then again, if you are gonna be stupid enough to have forced integration and affirmative action, why not also pack the sports teams with blacks?

TheForeigner
12-23-2022, 08:05 AM
Depend of the place but around 1650 the black population were there.

Colonies are not the same thing as Metropolitan France and the small numbers of pre-ww2 hardly matter.

Jehan
12-23-2022, 08:39 AM
The real mistake was to allow those people in the country in such large numbers, in the first place. If there remained only small numbers of them in France, then the team would have stayed all white or almost all white like it was as recent as in the 1980s with Michel Platini's team.

I just agree with this.

Tooting Carmen
12-23-2022, 12:26 PM
I don't think that you should not allow blacks or any other race in national team. What would be the reason, if their families were allowed to migrate to France and they are citizens. The real mistake was to allow those people in the country in such large numbers, in the first place. If there remained only small numbers of them in France, then the team would have stayed all white or almost all white like it was as recent as in the 1980s with Michel Platini's team.
For me American blacks are not real Americans or at least not a part of what used to be the American people historically, which only included white people. But then again, if you are gonna be stupid enough to have forced integration and affirmative action, why not also pack the sports teams with blacks?

How do you define a 'real American'? The US is an immigrant nation in a way no European or Asian nation is. In any event, African-Americans are among the oldest Americans, and have been there longer than most Irish, Poles, Italians, Greeks, Russians etc.

Cristiano viejo
12-23-2022, 06:16 PM

Then what would be the meaning of "European national teams"?? looking like clubs, where you can sign to who you wish?

zero foreigners would be the correct.

Ruggery
12-23-2022, 07:32 PM

Same case with the Netherlands, they bring many players from their colonies.

Roy
12-23-2022, 09:03 PM

This is very stupid. Whites are not real Americans just like Blacks strictly applying your logic, real ones are Native Americans/First Nations ffs.

Malagueña
12-26-2022, 09:47 PM
at least not a part of what used to be the American people historically
Finally, someone mentions the indian natives!

which only included white people
Wait what the fuck
:picard1:

gixajo
12-26-2022, 09:57 PM
If there remained only small numbers of them in France, then the team would have stayed all white or almost all white like it was as recent as in the 1980s ....

https://i.postimg.cc/L6ht3zM3/france1982buena.png (https://postimages.org/)

All the Groups of that World championship in 1982:

https://fanpictures.ru/world_cup/1982.html

Malagueña
12-26-2022, 09:59 PM
How do you define a 'real American'? The US is an immigrant nation in a way no European or Asian nation is. In any event, African-Americans are among the oldest Americans, and have been there longer than most Irish, Poles, Italians, Greeks, Russians etc.

Yes but the moment a white person migrates, they're magically not an immigrant but rather an ✨expatriate✨
Just look at how some European people (specially the English and Dutch) behave when they move elsewhere. It's disgusting how entitled they are, like they feel they are more than everybody else...

Also most people nowadays forget the extreme discrimination every single body of people moving to the United States has always suffered, most of these being white. Be this the Irish who weren't even considered white for the longest time, the Italians who went through similar discrimination, the Jews, the Russians, the Germans, etc etc...

And it's incredibly hippocritical because they treat recent migrants the same way their grandparents were treated, and that knowing how bad it was! I've seen people proud of their Dutch heritage in the United States talking about how their family refused to stop speaking their language, and even learning it themselves, criticizing Hispanic people for speaking Spanish and not speaking English!!
Like, how come you don't realize you are perpetuating centuries of the same injustice that was inflicted upon your people too?

gixajo
12-26-2022, 10:00 PM
repeated

Creoda
12-26-2022, 10:13 PM
This is very stupid. Whites are not real Americans just like Blacks strictly applying your logic, real ones are Native Americans/First Nations ffs.
It's not stupid, it's the explicit history of the US, TheForeigner wouldn't have said it if he didn't know what he was talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

The Naturalization Act of 1790 (1 Stat. 103, enacted March 26, 1790) was a law of the United States Congress that set the first uniform rules for the granting of United States citizenship by naturalization. The law limited naturalization to "free White person(s) ... of good character", thus excluding Native Americans, indentured servants, slaves, free black people, and later Asians, although free black people were allowed citizenship at the state level in a number of states. The courts also associated whiteness with Christianity, and thus Muslim immigrants were also excluded from citizenship, until the decision Ex Parte Mohriez recognized citizenship for a Saudi Muslim man in 1944.[5]
No American Indians were recognised as US citizens until the Cherokee in 1817, and American Indians weren't granted US citizenship as a whole until 1924!

Let's be clear, 'Americans' in common parlance refers to US citizens, and the United States was created by and for White people, until other races were accepted into the fold much later. You may not agree with it, but let's not rewrite history.

Malagueña
12-26-2022, 10:25 PM

Pictured in the upper row, from left to right

Marius Tresor 8 Defender
Christian López 6 Defender
René Girard 11 Midfield
Manuel Amorós 2 Defender (awarded Best Young Player)
Jean Castaneda 21 Goalkeeper (born Juan Castañeda, his father was from Barcelona and was imprisoned in Mauthausen after fighting the nazis)
Jean Tigana 14 Midfield

gixajo
12-26-2022, 11:01 PM
Pictured in the upper row, from left to right

Marius Tresor 8 Defender
Christian López 6 Defender
René Girard 11 Midfield
Manuel Amorós 2 Defender (awarded Best Young Player)
Jean Castaneda 21 Goalkeeper (born Juan Castañeda, his father was from Barcelona and was imprisoned in Mauthausen after fighting the nazis)
Jean Tigana 14 Midfield

Spanish !!! Well...and Catalans. :D

gixajo
12-26-2022, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah, those Frenchs of Spanish descent as Castañeda, Amorós and López are easily distinguisable from real Frenchs, and have contributed to making the current French population darker.. :confused:

Castañeda

https://i.postimg.cc/7P9q3W3j/jeancastaneda.png (https://postimages.org/)

Amorós

https://i.postimg.cc/Qd9srN2r/manuelamoros.png (https://postimages.org/)

López

https://i.postimg.cc/8c03yMPf/Christianlopez.png (https://postimages.org/)

Ruggery
12-27-2022, 12:08 AM
It's not stupid, it's the explicit history of the US, TheForeigner wouldn't have said it if he didn't know what he was talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

No American Indians were recognised as US citizens until the Cherokee in 1817, and American Indians weren't granted US citizenship as a whole until 1924!

Let's be clear, 'Americans' in common parlance refers to US citizens, and the United States was created by and for White people, until other races were accepted into the fold much later. You may not agree with it, but let's not rewrite history.

Something similar happened with the Australian aborigines right? Since when did they accept aborigines as citizens of Australia?

Creoda
12-27-2022, 12:29 AM
Something similar happened with the Australian aborigines right? Since when did they accept aborigines as citizens of Australia?
Basically the 1960s as full citizens.

Grace O'Malley
12-27-2022, 03:15 AM
Yes but the moment a white person migrates, they're magically not an immigrant but rather an ✨expatriate✨
Just look at how some European people (specially the English and Dutch) behave when they move elsewhere. It's disgusting how entitled they are, like they feel they are more than everybody else...

Also most people nowadays forget the extreme discrimination every single body of people moving to the United States has always suffered, most of these being white. Be this the Irish who weren't even considered white for the longest time, the Italians who went through similar discrimination, the Jews, the Russians, the Germans, etc etc...

And it's incredibly hippocritical because they treat recent migrants the same way their grandparents were treated, and that knowing how bad it was! I've seen people proud of their Dutch heritage in the United States talking about how their family refused to stop speaking their language, and even learning it themselves, criticizing Hispanic people for speaking Spanish and not speaking English!!
Like, how come you don't realize you are perpetuating centuries of the same injustice that was inflicted upon your people too?

Irish were always considered white in the US. Also Italians. Please check your history. Also Irish were in the US from the beginning. Smaller numbers of course but they were there.

Even looking at census in the US will tell you that. I don't know why people repeat that furphy that the Irish weren't considered white? How do people think that people couldn't tell the difference between populations in that time when they were exposed to people from different parts of the world? Could they not tell the difference between an Irishman, or a Chinese or an African?

There was discrimination but it was not because they weren't legally "white".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/03/22/sorry-but-the-irish-were-always-white-and-so-were-the-italians-jews-and-so-on/

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-27-2022, 03:51 AM
For me American blacks are not real Americans or at least not a part of what used to be the American people historically, which only included white people.

Romanian poster tells American Blacks that have bled and died for this country that to him they aren't Americans.

sanhadji
12-27-2022, 03:22 PM
most athletes are black even sudaca are schoked by black in france ?
from my experience it was more north americans and east asians who were surprised

this west indies black have been french for a short time if you ask native french they will tell you blacks are not real french and romanians not real europeans
before black remplacement france football was italian polack spanish ...

Romanian poster tells American Blacks that have bled and died for this country that to him they aren't Americans.

he wants green card

Cristiano viejo
12-27-2022, 06:49 PM

All the Groups of that World championship in 1982:

https://fanpictures.ru/world_cup/1982.html
That "French" team of 1982 was way way more Spanish-Italian than French.

Spanish: Jean Castañeda, Christian López, Manuel Amorós, Gerard Soler, Jean Francois Larios.

Italians: Bernard Benghini, Dominique Baratelli, Michel Platini, Jean Luc Ettori, Bruno Bellone.

French: Phillipe Mahut (the blonde of the image, from Polish ancestry). No idea if the rest were pure French but whatever: Bernard Lacombe, Dominique Rocheteau, Didier Six, Alain Giresse, Rene Girard, Patrick Battiston, Maxime Bossis (not sure if this surname is French but again, whatever).

Blacks: Jean Tigana, Marius Tresor, Alain Couriol, Gerard Janvion.

Except Mahut all the French looked South European :)

Jehan
12-27-2022, 07:21 PM
That "French" team of 1982 was way way more Spanish-Italian than French.

Spanish: Jean Castañeda, Christian López, Manuel Amorós, Gerard Soler, Jean Francois Larios.

Italians: Bernard Benghini, Dominique Baratelli, Michel Platini, Jean Luc Ettori, Bruno Bellone.

French: Phillipe Mahut (the blonde of the image, from Polish ancestry). No idea if the rest were pure French but whatever: Bernard Lacombe, Dominique Rocheteau, Didier Six, Alain Giresse, Rene Girard, Patrick Battiston, Maxime Bossis (not sure if this surname is French but again, whatever).

Blacks: Jean Tigana, Marius Tresor, Alain Couriol, Gerard Janvion.

Except Mahut all the French looked South European :)

Just for the fun ( but it's true)
Castaneda was from a gypsy family, christian lopez was born in algeria, gerard soler in moroco. Jean Francois Larios in algeria.

So the team was already full of africans

Tooting Carmen
12-27-2022, 07:22 PM
Castaneda was from a gypsy family, christian lopez was born in algeria, gerard soler in moroco. Jean Francois Larios in algeria.

Were they pied-noirs?

Cristiano viejo
12-27-2022, 09:31 PM
Castaneda was from a gypsy family,
No idea, and I dont find information about it, zero Gypsy looking, source?

https://www.programme-tv.net/imgre/fit/http.3A.2F.2Fprd2-bone-image.2Es3-website-eu-west-1.2Eamazonaws.2Ecom.2Ftel.2F2019.2F03.2F19.2Fde9ea 7a6-6ff7-4934-af0d-aa9805fb0b9c.2Ejpeg/1200x600/crop-from/top/quality/80/que-devient-jean-castaneda-l-ancien-gardien-des-verts-de-saint-etienne.jpg

christian lopez was born in algeria, gerard soler in moroco. Jean Francois Larios in algeria.

But of entire Spanish origin, pied noirs

Christian López, not very African looking
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/128987-1547818519.jpg?lm=1

Gerard Soler, not very African looking
https://arc-anglerfish-eu-central-1-prod-leparisien.s3.amazonaws.com/public/F5SLOFOIJETOIJZA2LDG7DPX6E.jpg

Manuel Amorós, not very African looking
https://s.hs-data.com/bilder/spieler/gross/10301.jpg

Jean Francois Larios, not very African looking
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/79649434/es/foto/circa-1982-jean-francois-larios-france-portrait.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=xzYp4K46dWwwfFIwJgcqBUj9CiuXM0wpZKtLOhbFang=

All of them looked what they were, South Europeans.
What about Alain Giresse?
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/117493-1592213781.jpg?lm=1

Dominique Rocheteau?
https://tmssl.akamaized.net/images/foto/galerie/dominique-rocheteau-frankreich-1602138776-48672.jpg?lm=1602138785

Bernard Lacombe?
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/128999-1547824473.jpg?lm=1

Didier Six?
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/97184-1447425558.jpg?lm=1

Rene Girard?
https://i.skyrock.net/1243/82851243/pics/3307573602_1_15_caUhJSXD.jpg

Patrick Battiston?
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/583237960/fr/photo/french-soccer-player-patrick-battiston.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=0dWdP2IUHZckHh1AeeEQ82zzOXgrA2UIfQPZHpNragU=

or Maxime Bossis?
https://s.hs-data.com/bilder/spieler/gross/10303.jpg

I think, well, I know, all these French look South Euro too. Dominique Rocheteau is the most exotic of all the set.

Jehan
12-28-2022, 05:47 AM
Were they pied-noirs?

It seems.

No idea, and I dont find information about it, zero Gypsy looking, source?

He said in an interview I can provide the article but it's in french.

Just saying in what they are spanish? They didn't born in Spain, their parents didn't too. They probably didn't speak spanish and probably never go except for holliday in Spain.

Cristiano viejo
12-28-2022, 04:18 PM
He said in an interview I can provide the article but it's in french.
ok no problem, I believe you. Does not matter at all really. Just he did not look like a Gypsy.

Just saying in what they are spanish? They didn't born in Spain, their parents didn't too. They probably didn't speak spanish and probably never go except for holliday in Spain.
Their parents did, man. For example the father of Castañeda was born in Barcelona and even played for Barcelona, and when he was prisioned by Nazis he was the goalkeeper of the team of the Spanish prisioners.

They are Spanish in the only way that matters, the blood. I thought you thought the same.

curveball
12-28-2022, 04:31 PM
In Winter sports they tend to have white people, rarely black, but this is probably obvious.

Ruggery
12-28-2022, 06:43 PM
In Winter sports they tend to have white people, rarely black, but this is probably obvious.

And in swimming too.

Roy
01-21-2023, 02:37 PM
Finally, someone mentions the indian natives!

Wait what the fuck
:picard1:

It's funny how SJWs never mention Native Americans when screaming about ''the rights for representation/inclusiveness'' in the media. I think it's because so little of them is left that they know they won't score enough virtue signalling points.