PDA

View Full Version : Slavic toponyms in Albania and Slavic Y DNA in modern Albanian population

Varda
01-10-2023, 05:13 PM
https://i.ibb.co/TBSPyhR/Fl-Ah7-g-Xk-AIq4yg-5.png

Snake_
01-10-2023, 05:44 PM
That's not entirely what the stats of Rrenjet say https://rrenjet.com/statistikat/

Slavic Y-DNA for all Albanian regions together so far is maybe 13%-14% according to its stats. Some of these statistics in the project include minorities like Bulgarians, Vlachs

Many of these regions + Kosovo have low sample size to make any definite conclusions but there is also some I-M223, G and J2a which is not Slavic but native Balkan

Varda
01-10-2023, 06:07 PM
Among Kosovo Albanians I2-Y3120 is the highest in western part Metohija https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metohija
Which means the largest number of Serbs are albanized in that part (in Ottoman time). Some Serbian historians and ethnologists were obvious wrong when they wrote the most massive albanization of Serbs was in Drenica (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drenica). I heard Slavic haplos among Albanians from Drenica are very rare.

wvwvw
01-10-2023, 06:15 PM
The I-ydna existed in the Balkans before the Slavs and is proto-Germanic. It originally spoke something very similar to Sardinian. DNA evidence proves this beyond doubt Most of the population of Sardinia contains a specific DNA Hg I1b2 linage which exists NOWHERE else in the world but is shown to have got to Sardinia (where it mutated) from Italy and to Italy from Croatia. This also indicates that there was no migration of Sardians to either Greece or Cyprus but the migrations can only have been the other way.

I-ydna appears in all the places the Germanic tribe are recorded to have been amongst the markers of the earlier inhabitants. The fact that Tacitus said all the Germanics looked the same indicates that they were an unmixed racial group up until Roman times which is when they subsumed the Celts in what is now Germany and thus formed what became the Anglo-Saxon tribes.

In the Balkans the Germanics remained mostly untainted except by the 3 main markers of the Greeks and Illyrians to about 20% until the Slavs came along in 600 AD. Going by Tacitus description of the Germanics it is almost certain that they were purely I-ydna until the fall of Rome.

Varda
01-10-2023, 06:21 PM
The I-ydna existed in the Balkans before the Slavs and is proto-Germanic. It originally spoke something very similar to Sardinian. DNA evidence proves this beyond doubt Most of the population of Sardinia contains a specific DNA Hg I1b2 linage which exists NOWHERE else in the world but is shown to have got to Sardinia (where it mutated) from Italy and to Italy from Croatia. This also indicates that there was no migration of Sardians to either Greece or Cyprus but the migrations can only have been the other way.

I-ydna appears in all the places the Germanic tribe are recorded to have been amongst the markers of the earlier inhabitants. The fact that Tacitus said all the Germanics looked the same indicates that they were an unmixed racial group up until Roman times which is when they subsumed the Celts in what is now Germany and thus formed what became the Anglo-Saxon tribes.

In the Balkans the Germanics remained mostly untainted except by the 3 main markers of the Greeks and Illyrians to about 20% until the Slavs came along in 600 AD. Going by Tacitus description of the Germanics it is almost certain that they were purely I-ydna until the fall of Rome.

I is not I2-Y3120.

I2-Y3120 is clearly Slavic https://www.yfull.com/tree/I-Y3120/
https://www.poreklo.rs/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/haplogrupa-I2-Y3120.jpg

wvwvw
01-10-2023, 06:26 PM
I2 evolved in Croatia and Bosnia about 12,000 years ago but was mostly kept out of Greece, some of it had entered Greece even before Christ. The Slavs originally were a completely undiluted dna lineage R1a and mixed with the lineages that were already there, I2 among others.

kingmob
01-10-2023, 06:27 PM

I2a-din is not related to Sardinian I1b, hahahah, so much nonsense.

Snake_
01-11-2023, 10:37 AM
the map claims that Korce in South-Eastern Albania has 34% Slavic Y-DNA when it doesn't , it's below 30% and only 81 samples. It's by far the highest region so far together with Golloborda and Cameria. And many of these are probably bottle necks,

It claims Kukes in North-East Albania has 17% Slavic Y-DNA yet according to the project it's only like 7% . Shkodra with the best sampling so far has barely 11% Slavic Y-DNA when added together. Lezha has 9% yet the map claims like 20% for that area.

Overall Slavic Y-DNA is low and only regions standing out are Golloborda and Cameria possibly due to low sampling , there might be sub regions with higher % but these are also low sampling , and no I-M253 and I-M223 in the Balkans aren't Slavic, it's only I-Y3120