PDA

View Full Version : Why are less intelligent people more racist on average?

Scandal
01-21-2023, 07:31 PM
Is that really true or it's just a myth? If it's true, why is that? What made that happen?

Creoda
01-21-2023, 07:35 PM
Is that really true or it's just a myth? If it's true, why is that? What made that happen?
Because more intelligent people get years of 'education' telling them to not be racist (or else).

Marshall Theodore
01-21-2023, 07:36 PM
Why are less intelligent people more racist on average?

Source?

Scandal
01-21-2023, 07:37 PM
Source?
I edited the first post. You are quoting only a part of my post.

Marshall Theodore
01-21-2023, 07:41 PM
I edited the first post. You are quoting only a part of my post.

I don't believe one thing is a consequence of the other, why do you think racists tend to be dumb? Hitler wasnt dumb, for sure.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-21-2023, 07:50 PM
Scoring high on 'open to experience' (the Big 5 personality test) typically means higher intelligence. Racists don't score high on 'open to experience.'

A number of studies have found that openness to experience has two major subcomponents, one related to intellectual dispositions, the other related to the experiential aspects of openness, such as aesthetic appreciation and openness to sensory experiences. These subcomponents have been referred to as intellect and experiencing openness respectively, and have a strong positive correlation (r = .55) with each other.[12]

According to research by Sam Gosling, it is possible to assess openness by examining people's homes and work spaces. Individuals who are highly open to experience tend to have distinctive and unconventional decorations. They are also likely to have books on a wide variety of topics, a diverse music collection, and works of art on display.[13]

Intelligence and knowledge
Openness to experience correlates with intelligence, correlation coefficients ranging from about r = .30 to r = .45.[18] Openness to experience is moderately associated with crystallized intelligence, but only weakly with fluid intelligence.[18][19] A study examining the facets of openness found that the Ideas and Actions facets had modest positive correlations with fluid intelligence (r=.20 and r=.07 respectively).[18] These mental abilities may come more easily when people are dispositionally curious and open to learning. Several studies have found positive associations between openness to experience and general knowledge.[20][21][22][23] People high in openness may be more motivated to engage in intellectual pursuits that increase their knowledge.[23] Openness to experience, especially the Ideas facet, is related to need for cognition,[24] a motivational tendency to think about ideas, scrutinize information, and enjoy solving puzzles, and to typical intellectual engagement[25] (a similar construct to need for cognition).[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience

Look at people in your life (and even the posters on this forum). Are the racists you've known usually highly intelligent? From my experience, they tend to be dumb. I can count on one hand the number of racists I've known who had an interest in philosophy (one of them was our beloved JamesBond007...)

Jehan
01-21-2023, 07:52 PM
Less inteligent people tend to get low pay job, who make them live in place with a lot of "diversity". After you witness some behaviors in a daily basis, you tends to be more racist.

Smart people can live in a bubble and be deconnect to some reality. The only non white person they meet is their cleaning lady and the uber eat delivery guy.

Creoda
01-21-2023, 08:04 PM
If it were proveable, I'd be willing to bet that practically every politically correct view throughout history (before the term existed) has been held by the more intelligent segment of society of the time. I doubt there's any correlation on average between intelligence and independent thinking. Sometimes it takes the grug-brained to see through all the bullshit mental gymnastics that more intelligent people put themselves through, just to be with the program.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Scoring high on 'open to experience' (the Big 5 personality test) typically means higher intelligence. Racists don't score high on 'open to experience.'

Look at people in your life (and even the posters on this forum). Are the racists you've known usually highly intelligent? From my experience, they tend to be dumb. I can count on one hand the number of racists I've known who had an interest in philosophy (one of them was our beloved JamesBond007...)

Social and political attitudes for people who score high on open to experience

There are social and political implications to this personality trait. People who are highly open to experience tend to be liberal and tolerant of diversity.[35][36] As a consequence, they are generally more open to different cultures and lifestyles. They are lower in ethnocentrism, right-wing authoritarianism,[37] social dominance orientation, and prejudice.[38] Openness has a stronger (negative) relationship with right-wing authoritarianism than the other five-factor model traits (conscientiousness has a modest positive association, and the other traits have negligible associations).[38] Openness has a somewhat smaller (negative) association with social dominance orientation than (low) agreeableness (the other traits have negligible associations). Openness has a stronger (negative) relationship with prejudice than the other five-factor model traits (agreeableness has a more modest negative association, and the other traits have negligible associations). However, right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation are each more strongly (positively) associated with prejudice than openness or any of the other five-factor model traits.[38] Recent research has argued that the relationship between openness and prejudice may be more complex, as the prejudice examined was prejudice against conventional minority groups (for example sexual and ethnic minorities) and that people who are high in openness can still be intolerant of those with conflicting worldviews.[39][40]

Regarding conservatism, studies have found that cultural conservatism was related to low openness and all its facets, but economic conservatism was unrelated to total openness, and only weakly negatively related to the Aesthetics and values facets.[41] The strongest personality predictor of economic conservatism was low agreeableness (r= -.23). Economic conservatism is based more on ideology whereas cultural conservatism seems to be more psychological than ideological and may reflect a preference for simple, stable and familiar mores.[41] Some research indicates that within-person changes in levels of openness do not predict changes in conservatism.[42]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience

PlattitüdenPaule
01-21-2023, 08:09 PM
Intelligent people are just able to mask their racism more elegantly.

HectorOfTroy
01-21-2023, 08:12 PM
I don't believe one thing is a consequence of the other, why do you think racists tend to be dumb? Hitler wasnt dumb, for sure.

He was a nut. Do you live under a rock? The stuff the media doesn't talk about him makes is a treasure chest into hitler's schizophrenic delusional mind. (thinking he can control the world by finding the spear that pierced Jesus while at the same time completely bashing Christianity like the little free masonic blavatsky-oid demoniac he is.)

Petalpusher
01-21-2023, 08:16 PM
Historically most if not all the great thinkers and minds of the last centuries were openly and extremely racists. There is nowadays however a dichotomy between advertising racism freely and believing in it, as in being smart enough to not display it publicly.

I would even say that it used to be the exact opposite of today sociology when it comes to expressed racism, intellectual elites were voicing it freely, while the uneducated populace didn't really know what to think about it. The shifting point was clearly the Holocaust, in that, it started to re engineer elites to at least not display it anymore instigating the idea that is inevitably leading to genocides. Lately even further with the kind of McCarthyism canceling movement, trying to make people believe the peasants are racists and the intellectuals posessing more knowledge aren't, but at the end of the day im not entirely sure, inner convictions changed that much since then, behind closed doors and public narratives.

DraviXi99
01-21-2023, 08:43 PM

Hitler wasn't racist

Insuperable
01-21-2023, 08:47 PM
1. Higher intelligent people have often smarter things to do and focus on in their life than being racist.
2. People as they get older become naturally more passive towards certain things or at least appear so. Family, wife, children, job, mortgage, health etc.
3. I also think that smarter people are on average more empathic.

I'd bet if all they had to do is to push a button in order to expell other races/non-ethnic people from their countries those intelligent people you deem as non-racist would push the button.

DraviXi99
01-21-2023, 08:50 PM
Why was Hector banned ?

Marshall Theodore
01-21-2023, 10:20 PM
Why was Hector banned ?

He asked for ban, Loki said it in the chatbox.

Anglo-Celtic
01-21-2023, 10:50 PM
I noticed something about both racists and wokesters. There are a few brilliant people in both groups, and there are many morons in both groups, so they have that in common. They often type the same replies to you in debates. "Your to dum too know you're claim is dum and i'm smarter then you and those other man."

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-21-2023, 10:55 PM
I noticed something about both racists and wokesters. There are a few brilliant people in both groups, and there are many morons in both groups, so they have that in common. They often type the same replies to you in debates. "Your to dum too know you're claim is dum and i'm smarter then you and those other man."

They're both obsessed over race. Two sides of the same coin. It's everything to them.

Pro.crasti.nation
01-21-2023, 11:02 PM
Maybe people at the bottom of the social order *become* racist or adopt racist positions, in the face of mass immigration, as they see it as a threat to their already low standing. Same as the economic threat to low skilled work.
This would skew "racism" towards the lower social orders, more. As middle class people would naturally be more protected/secure in their social position, in the face of new immigrants.

I don't think racism exists amongst the upper class. It's more about snobbishness/blood/lineage. They tend not to see their common humanity in their fellow national. At least that's true of South Asia. And of the British elite (iirc, phrenology and eugenics were aimed at the lower orders, by the upper class).

Anglo-Celtic
01-21-2023, 11:03 PM
They're both obsessed over race. Two sides of the same coin. It's everything to them.

Yep. It's a wooden nickel, and neither side is worth a plug nickel, but the wokesters have way too much cache.

DraviXi99
01-21-2023, 11:03 PM

Racism can attract both good AND bad people (dark triad).

DraviXi99
01-21-2023, 11:05 PM
Maybe people at the bottom of the social order *become* racist or adopt racist positions, in the face of mass immigration, as they see it as a threat to their already low standing. Same as the economic threat to low skilled work.
This would skew "racism" towards the lower social orders, more. As middle class people would naturally be more protected/secure in their social position, in the face of new immigrants.

I don't think racism exists amongst the upper class. It's more about snobbishness/blood/lineage. They tend not to see their common humanity in their fellow national. At least that's true of South Asia. And of the British elite (iirc, phrenology and eugenics were aimed at the lower orders, by the upper class).

rajputprincess
01-22-2023, 02:38 AM
Less inteligent people tend to get low pay job, who make them live in place with a lot of "diversity". After you witness some behaviors in a daily basis, you tends to be more racist.

Smart people can live in a bubble and be deconnect to some reality. The only non white person they meet is their cleaning lady and the uber eat delivery guy.if you are working in tech in USA then you are gonna meet many indian Asian. and people in tech still are more liberal. these are all assumptions

Sent from my Redmi Y3 using Tapatalk

rajputprincess
01-22-2023, 02:42 AM
I agree with this. People who are more educated are also more liberal on average.

Sent from my Redmi Y3 using Tapatalk

Cristiano viejo
01-22-2023, 02:43 AM
It is anti-racist whites who are less intelligent than average.
In fact are authentic retards.

Marshall Theodore
01-22-2023, 02:51 AM
People who are more educated are also more liberal on average.

Im other words, those "educated" individuals will be
the most likely disseminators of degenerate ideas.

HannibaltheGreat
01-22-2023, 03:18 AM
Hitler wasn't racistThis is probably why they say racists are dumb

Fortnite777
01-22-2023, 03:27 AM
They're more instinctual. Midwits are also very good at convincing themselves of just about anything if it is advantageous to them (which not being racist is in this day and age) and because Midwits (105-115 IQ, maybe 120 tops) make up the bulk of higher than average IQ individuals, they determine the results of most intelligence studies.

DraviXi99
01-22-2023, 03:36 AM
This is probably why they say racists are dumb

But it's true,he was free from any type of hate that you can imagine,even the racial one.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 03:48 AM
As the kids say, there sure is a lot of coping.

There are several studies out there to reference.

Bright minds and dark attitudes: lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice through right-wing ideology and low intergroup contact

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22222219/

People should check out my thread on how Libertarians score higher on average than conservatives and liberals
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?368417-Libertarians-are-the-%DCbermensch

Anyway, I don't understand why this should be shocking. People who are more intellectually curious tend not to be racist.

Anglo-Celtic
01-22-2023, 03:52 AM
As the kids say, there sure is a lot of coping.

There are several studies out there to reference.

People should check out my thread on how Libertarians score higher on average than conservatives and liberals
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?368417-Libertarians-are-the-%DCbermensch

That's good to hear. Michael Knowles and his theocratic fan boys should read your thread.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 04:06 AM
From my thread:

Currently, a large body of work indicates a negative association between measures of cognitive ability and the endorsement of conservative sociocultural attitudes (Onraet et al., 2015; Schoon et al., 2010; Van Hiel et al., 2010). For example, higher scores in right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) have been shown to be associated with lower scores in cognitive tasks (Burger et al., 2020; Choma et al., 2019; De keersmaecker et al., 2018; Heaven et al., 2011).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9548663/

Right-wing authoritarianism and racism tend to go together.

Verbal intelligence is correlated with socially and economically liberal beliefs

Research has consistently shown that intelligence is positively correlated with socially liberal beliefs and negatively correlated with religious beliefs. This should lead one to expect that Republicans are less intelligent than Democrats. However, I find that individuals who identify as Republican have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who identify as Democrat (2–5 IQ points), and that individuals who supported the Republican Party in elections have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who supported the Democratic Party (2 IQ points). I reconcile these findings with the previous literature by showing that verbal intelligence is correlated with both socially and economically liberal beliefs (β = .10–.32). My findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60289614000373

People who are socially conservatives are inclined toward racism.

Dandelion
01-22-2023, 04:09 AM
Blacks tend to be stupid and the most racist indeed.

Italicus
01-22-2023, 04:14 AM
Eh. I think I'm pretty smart, but I'm not the biggest fan of blacks or Jews.

HannibaltheGreat
01-22-2023, 04:14 AM
But it's true,he was free from any type of hate that you can imagine,even the racial one.

His book mein kempf was specifically famous for being racists or having racists ideals

He had racial laws regarding admixtures and the amount of rights one can have or not have for it.

He sterialized and threw people in labor camps for their ancestry. Not just jews

When the black Olympian jesse owens beat the nazi olympic challangers, hitler refused to shake his hands.

It was very very rare he made exceptions for specific individuals but in general he was a racists.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 04:34 AM

How many ethnic Frenchmen live in non-White neighborhoods? From what I know, it's not common. Correct me if I'm wrong. Here in the US poor Whites don't typically live in Black and Latino neighborhoods (although you will find lots of Latinos and Asians in mostly White neighborhoods).

Smart people can live in a bubble and be deconnect to some reality. The only non white person they meet is their cleaning lady and the uber eat delivery guy.

If you live in NY Metro area you will come across non-Whites on a daily basis regardless of your social class and I don't mean just the cleaning lady or the uber eats delivery guy.

*autist mode on* You'd never see the cleaning lady/-ies unless you have a cam to watch them from your computer because you'd be at work *autist mode off*

Creoda
01-22-2023, 04:43 AM
Since they were brought up, the IQ scores of Nazi party leaders for reference, minus Hitler:

Schacht, Hjalmar 143
Seyss-Inquart, Arthur 141
Dönitz, Karl 138
Göring, Hermann 138
Papen, Franz von 134
Raeder, Erich 134
Frank, Hans 130
Fritzsche, Hans 130
Schirach, Baldur von 130
Keitel, Wilhelm 129
Ribbentrop, Joachim von 129
Speer, Albert 128
Jodl, Alfred 127
Rosenberg, Alfred 127
Neurath, Konstantin von 125
Frick, Wilhelm 124
Funk, Walther 124
Hess, Rudolf 120
Sauckel, Fritz 118
Kaltenbrunner, Ernst 113
Streicher, Julius 106

Mortimer
01-22-2023, 04:44 AM
I think it is a myth. I scored only 84 on a IQ test, but Im not racist.

Mingle
01-22-2023, 04:48 AM
I think it is a myth. I scored only 84 on a IQ test, but Im not racist.
That's honestly lower than what I expected for you. Which IQ test did you take?

Mortimer
01-22-2023, 04:53 AM
That's honestly lower than what I expected for you. Which IQ test did you take?

I dont know if it has a name, it was during my process for a gastric bypass surgery, i had to do a psychological evaluation, the psychologist needs to approve, and he talked to me, i did a personality test, but also a iq test, the iq test was like 2-3 hours, with timing, you had for eatch task like 5 minutes, and how much you answer correct in 5 minutes, then you go to the next questions/tasks. I sincerly didnt thought i would score so low, i didnt felt as if the questions are difficult, but who knows, i probably answered too few questions in 5 minutes or too many wrong. I have no idea, i didnt got a correction of the test or what i did wrong just a iq number. finally i was denied gastric bypass surgery, but im happy now because i lost myself 20kg. i had nearly 160kg now i have 136kg. im a few kg here and there up or down, but around 140kg or below since years. and if you do a gastric bypass surgery you have your whole life to take meds, vitamin supplements and injections and you are counted as 40% disabled.

here is me 7 years ago i looked clearly fatter...

https://youtu.be/u2adnnhJcbM

Creoda
01-22-2023, 04:55 AM
When the black Olympian jesse owens beat the nazi olympic challangers, hitler refused to shake his hands.

Dems are the real racists
https://www.britannica.com/story/was-jesse-owens-snubbed-by-adolf-hitler-at-the-berlin-olympics

It is true that Hitler did not shake hands with Owens. In fact, he did not congratulate any gold medalists after the first day of competition on August 2, 1936. On the first day, Hitler met and shook hands with all the German gold medalists. (He also shook hands with a few Finnish athletes.) That night, Hitler left the stadium before African American high jumper Cornelius Johnson won his first gold medal; Hitler’s staff maintained that he had a pre-scheduled appointment. Hitler was reprimanded, and the head of the IOC, Henri de Baillet-Latour, told him that he could either congratulate all the gold medalists or none. Hitler chose to honour no one.

The next day—August 3, 1936—Owens won his first gold medal in the 100-meter dash. Hitler did not meet or shake hands with Owens. That said, there are several reports of a salute or wave. According to sports reporter and author Paul Gallico, writing from Berlin, Owens was “led below the honor box, where he smiled and bowed, and Herr Hitler gave him a friendly little Nazi salute, the sitting down one with the arm bent.” Owens himself later confirmed this, claiming that they exchanged congratulatory waves.

So, Owens was not personally snubbed by Hitler. However, Owens did feel that he had been snubbed by someone: U.S. Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt. A month after the Olympic Games, Owens told a crowd, “Hitler didn’t snub me—it was [Roosevelt] who snubbed me. The president didn’t even send me a telegram.” Roosevelt never publicly acknowledged Owens’s triumphs—or the triumphs of any of the 18 African Americans who competed at the Berlin Olympics. Only white Olympians were invited to the White House in 1936. A number of explanations have been offered for the president’s actions. Most likely, Roosevelt did not want to risk losing the support of Southern Democrats by appearing overly soft on the race issue.
I have to say I love this myth though, the image of Owens winning causing Hitler to storm off in a huff, because he expected his Aryan supermen to win every race at the Olympics is hilarious :icon_lol: And yet something the average person believes.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 04:57 AM
I dont know if it has a name, it was during my process for a gastric bypass surgery, i had to do a psychological evaluation, the psychologist needs to approve, and he talked to me, i did a personality test, but also a iq test, the iq test was like 2-3 hours, with timing, you had for eatch task like 5 minutes, and how much you answer correct in 5 minutes, then you go to the next questions/tasks. I sincerly didnt thought i would score so low, i didnt felt as if the questions are difficult, but who knows, i probably answered too few questions in 5 minutes or too many wrong. I have no idea, i didnt got a correction of the test or what i did wrong just a iq number. finally i was denied gastric bypass surgery, but im happy now because i lost myself 20kg. i had nearly 160kg now i have 136kg. im a few kg here and there up or down, but around 140kg or below since years. and if you do a gastric bypass surgery you have your whole life to take meds, vitamin supplements and injections and you are counted as 40% disabled.

here is me 7 years ago i looked clearly fatter...

https://youtu.be/u2adnnhJcbM

What happened to Norman?

Mortimer
01-22-2023, 04:58 AM
What happened to Norman?

I gave him free for adoption to a family with kids.

SouthDutch7991
01-22-2023, 05:15 AM
You do have to be fairly low brow to believe a lot of the shit people we type-class as "the dumb racist" believe, and they're obviously not usually the most scientifically literate people. A lot of times their defense for their racism, when put to the test, is a lot dumber than the real, genuine reason they are racist; they lived around non-whites at some point and had to see their behavior on a daily basis. They're just not capable of formulating a response or understanding their own subconscious mind. There's also a lot of bullshit that comes with the territory, and generally people who are less open to new ideas and react impulsively and without giving something much thought other will be, well, dumb. Trying to explain genetics, psychology, philosophy etc. to someone like this is going to be painful and unrewarding.

On the other hand you have be somewhat delusional if you think every group of people has the same quality and capacity. I don't care much for the idea of "civilized" meaning peaceful, but a good look at technological advancements and cohesive societies shows you a lot. If you think Sub-Saharan Africans and Amerindians, and Australian Aboriginals are equivalent to East Asians and Caucasians, you're just lying to yourself. I think more intelligent people feel bad about how incredibly stupid other people are, and they want to believe the best about the human race because it's the only way they can cope with the knowledge. Yeah, there are smart Blacks, yeah there are plenty of Natives, etc who are highly intelligent. But there has never been a successful Black African civilization, and the most successful Amerindian ones were not in the Bronze Age yet. There is a general trend in modern society as to how these groups and their close relatives behave, and it is NOT a result of society keeping them down.

tl,dr; if you're really an intelligent person you should be able to assess the situation unemotionally. I don't think either group of people in this scenario does this. The "dumb racist" never actually thinks about why he doesn't like other groups, and the kind of person trying so hard to be tolerant is being emotionally guided by a desire to force the world to fit into his ideal of equality and justice, which he wishes every human could live under ( they cannot, not all men are born equal ).

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 05:29 AM
Forget IQ (or maybe not) because the odd thing about support for National Socialism is that it came from regions that were swept up in the witch craze during the middle ages. Now I need to find the map.

Atlantic Reptilian
01-22-2023, 05:34 AM
Coming from a family of successes in the STEM fields but also in other areas, I would say, when you are used to seeing people achieve a lot, it sort of become standard. So, it becomes standard to expect the same from other people.
Interestingly, I don't see this encouraging behavior in most swedes, but rather the opposite. Which might be considered ironic by some.

I suppose it also has to do with one having an easier time understanding the dynamics, hence being more open to information?

Yeah, most of the intelligent people that I know, who would also happen to be considered racist, are only so because of the behavior they see in other races. If i.e. a black person is successful, like Michael Jackson was, they would even say that he shouldn't have made all those surgeries just to change the color of his skin.

alnortedelsur
01-22-2023, 05:41 AM
I think the less intelligent people are those stupid liberals who are OK with the politically correct world order, believe in utopias of all humans being equal and holding hands together, open borders, etc, and feel like being the gate keepers of the truth, believing that they are the cool and good people, and whoever doesn't think like them is a racist white supremacist, fascist, Nazi, or whatever.

But equally less intelligent are extremely xenophobic and obtuse people who put into the same basket all people of a given ethnic/racial or national group like for example white WASPs who discriminate anybody who is not white wasp like them, and doesn't speak perfect English, or think all Hispanics are the same and all are scum, some even ignoring that Hispanics are a multiracial category, who can be white, black Amerindian, mestizos, that some of them can be delinquent, but many of them are very honest and hardworking people, and what not, and others even knowing it don't care and treat all Hispanics or other people like shit just for not being American; or Spaniards who discriminate all south Americans and treat them all like scum. Same people that randomly (without any provocation) attack and discriminate somebody of a national or ethnic group they dislike (in the street, work place, shopping center, etc), no matter if the person they attack (verbally or physically) is not doing anything bad.

Both extremes are obtuse low IQ people.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 05:46 AM
I think the less intelligent people are those stupid liberals who are OK with the politically correct world order, believe in utopias of all humans being equal and holding hands together, open borders, etc, and feel like being the gate keepers of the truth, believing that they are the cool and good people, and whoever doesn't think like them is a racist white supremacist, fascist, Nazi, or whatever.

But equally less intelligent are extremely xenophobic and obtuse people who put into the same basket all people of a given ethnic/racial or national group like for example white WASPs who discriminate anybody who is not white wasp like them, and doesn't speak perfect English, or think all Hispanics are the same and all are scum, some even ignoring that Hispanics are a multiracial category, who can be white, black Amerindian, mestizos, that some of them can be delinquent, but many of them are very honest and hardworking people, and what not, and others even knowing it don't care and treat all Hispanics or other people like shit; or Spaniards who discriminate all south Americans and treat them all like scum. Same people that randomly (without any provocation) attack and discriminate somebody of a national or ethnic group they dislike (in the street, work place, shopping center, etc), no matter if the person they attack (verbally or physically) is not doing anything bad.

Both extremes are obtuse low IQ people.

Do you mind if I reference this quote in my psych evaluation thread?

alnortedelsur
01-22-2023, 05:50 AM
It is anti-racist whites who are less intelligent than average.
In fact are authentic retards.

Like the white North American hysterical SJWs/Antifas, like those in Washington and Oregon state, for example. They are very low IQ self hating people.

alnortedelsur
01-22-2023, 05:54 AM

Go ahead. I just hope you are not too inclement with me in your evaluation :p

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 05:55 AM
Forget IQ (or maybe not) because the odd thing about support for National Socialism is that it came from regions that were swept up in the witch craze during the middle ages. Now I need to find the map.

No one here cares anyway and so I won't bother.

Coming from a family of successes in the STEM fields but also in other areas, I would say, when you are used to seeing people achieve a lot, it sort of become standard. So, it becomes standard to expect the same from other people.
Interestingly, I don't see this encouraging behavior in most swedes, but rather the opposite. Which might be considered ironic by some.

Openness to experience is irrelevant to success. Conscientiousness is the trait best associated with success in life.

I suppose it also has to do with one having an easier time understanding the dynamics, hence being more open to information?

It has to be understood we're speaking on average. Obviously, not everyone who scores high on openness to experience is highly intelligent. Openness to experience can also manifest itself in different ways. Artists score high on this trait, but not all artists are bright or talented. People high on openness to experience are also more likely to have substance abuse problems.

HannibaltheGreat
01-22-2023, 05:59 AM
Dems are the real racists
https://www.britannica.com/story/was-jesse-owens-snubbed-by-adolf-hitler-at-the-berlin-olympics

I have to say I love this myth though, the image of Owens winning causing Hitler to storm off in a huff, because he expected his Aryan supermen to win every race at the Olympics is hilarious :icon_lol: And yet something the average person believes.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://greatwar.nl/books/meinkampf/meinkampf.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJqLykw9r8AhVAEFkFHUacAbwQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1Bsfx8rRfOZwO2fZ5dQxWb

Mein kempf quotes:
Tell me its not racists...

You expect me to believe hitler would have wanted to set up an appointment with blacks and congratulate them?

Art and science were in German hands. Apart from the new artistic trash, which might easily have been produced by a negro tribe, all genuine artistic inspiration came from the German section of the population.

The Jews were responsible for bringing negroes into the Rhineland, with the ultimate idea of bastardizing the white race which they hate and thus lowering its cultural and political level so that the Jew might dominate. For as long as a people remain racially pure and are conscious of the treasure of their blood, they can never be overcome by the Jew. Never in this world can the Jew become master of any people except a bastardized people.

The VÖLKISCH belief holds that humanity must have its ideals, because ideals are a necessary condition of human existence itself. But, on the other hand, it denies that an ethical ideal has the right to prevail if it endangers the existence of a race that is the standard-bearer of a higher ethical ideal. For in a world which would be composed of mongrels and negroids all ideals of human beauty and nobility and all hopes of an idealized future for our humanity would be lost forever.

While our European people, God be praised and thanked, are left to become the victims of moral depravity, the pious missionary goes out to Central Africa and establishes missionary stations for negroes. Finally, sound and healthy--though primitive and backward--people will be transformed, under the name of our 'higher civilization', into a motley of lazy and brutalized mongrels.

It would better accord with noble human aspirations if our two Christian denominations would cease to bother the negroes with their preaching, which the negroes do not want and do not understand. It would be better if they left this work alone, and if, in its stead, they tried to teach people in Europe, kindly and seriously, that it is much more pleasing to God if a couple that is not of healthy stock were to show loving kindness to some poor orphan and become a father and mother to him, rather than give life to a sickly child that will be a cause of suffering and unhappiness to all.

In this field the People's State will have to repair the damage that arises from the fact that the problem is at present neglected by all the various parties concerned. It will be the task of the People's State to make the race the centre of the life of the community. It must make sure that the purity of the racial strain will be preserved

One example will suffice to show how much our contemporary world is at fault in this matter. From time to time our illustrated papers publish, for the edification of the German philistine, the news that in some quarter or other of the globe, and for the first time in that locality, a Negro has become a lawyer, a teacher, a pastor, even a grand opera tenor or something else of that kind. While the bourgeois blockhead stares with amazed admiration at the notice that tells him how marvellous are the achievements of our modern educational technique, the more cunning Jew sees in this fact a new proof to be utilized for the theory with which he wants to infect the public, namely that all men are equal. It does not dawn on the murky bourgeois mind that the fact which is published for him is a sin against reason itself, that it is an act of criminal insanity to train a being who is only an anthropoid by birth until the pretence can be made that he has been turned into a lawyer; while, on the other hand, millions who belong to the most civilized races have to remain in positions which are unworthy of their cultural level. The bourgeois mind does not realize that it is a sin against the will of the eternal Creator to allow hundreds of thousands of highly gifted people to remain floundering in the swamp of proletarian misery while Hottentots and Zulus are drilled to fill positions in the intellectual professions. For here we have the product only of a drilling technique, just as in the case of the performing dog. If the same amount of care and effort were applied among intelligent races each individual would become a thousand times more capable in such matters.

--NOTICE HE COMPLAINS ABOUT BLACKS BECOMING lawyers contrast to whites who aren't as if they deserved it just for being white.

Look at the ravages from which our people are suffering daily as a result of being contaminated with Jewish blood. Bear in mind the fact that this poisonous contamination can be eliminated from the national body only after centuries, or perhaps never. Think further of how the process of racial decomposition is debasing and in some cases even destroying the fundamental Aryan qualities of our German people, so that our cultural creativeness as a nation is gradually becoming impotent and we are running the danger, at least in our great cities, of falling to the level where Southern Italy is to-day. This pestilential adulteration of the blood, of which hundreds of thousands of our people take no account, is being systematically practised by the Jews.

Systematically these negroid parasites in our national body corrupt our innocent fair-haired girls and thus destroy something which can no longer be replaced in this world.

By neglecting the problem of preserving the racial foundations of our national life, the old Empire abrogated the sole right which entitles a people to live on this planet. Nations that make mongrels of their people, or allow their people to be turned into mongrels, sin against the Will of Eternal Providence. And thus their overthrow at the hands of a stronger opponent cannot be looked upon as a wrong but, on the contrary, as a restoration of justice. If a people refuses to guard and uphold the qualities with which it has been endowed by Nature and which have their roots in the racial blood, then such a people has no right to complain over the loss of its earthly existence.

Jesse Owens

https://youtu.be/m04o2fx3wa0

Jehan
01-22-2023, 06:30 AM
How many ethnic Frenchmen live in non-White neighborhoods? From what I know, it's not common. Correct me if I'm wrong. Here in the US poor Whites don't typically live in Black and Latino neighborhoods (although you will find lots of Latinos and Asians in mostly White neighborhoods).

If you speak about ethnic frenchmen it's indeed less common. But you can still quickly live in a area near, especially in big city.

If you take white people in general, the social community who support the most the far right (let's consider they tend to be more racist than the one who don't vote for them) are the descendannt of portugueses.
In portugal there is 0 far right party, so there isn't any reasons to one generation later they massively support it. The reason might be their attachment for catholicism. But for me it's because most of them end up in immigrant neighboor after they arrival in France. Most of them quickly move in other place due to their hardworking mentality.

That's why my theory. And also in my general interaction with people

Atlantic Reptilian
01-22-2023, 06:56 AM
No one here cares anyway and so I won't bother.
Sounds interesting, I think.

Openness to experience is irrelevant to success. Conscientiousness is the trait best associated with success in life.
Yeah, I'm not very familiar with the Big Five, but after having read about it now, I do agree that they are very conscientious. Seemingly even more so than Open to experience.

It has to be understood we're speaking on average. Obviously, not everyone who scores high on openness to experience is highly intelligent. Openness to experience can also manifest itself in different ways. Artists score high on this trait, but not all artists are bright or talented. People high on openness to experience are also more likely to have substance abuse problems.

This is a bit interesting. Art nowadays feels like it can be whatever you like it to be. From what I've seen, for those who are high in conscientiousness, art is more rare, and when it is shown it is mostly of a higher quality than the mediocre. But this also puts a lot of expectations on the artist, which perhaps is why only a few people were artists in those societies, and that was the only realistic scenario, whilst in the west it seems like everyone can be an artist?

Scandal
01-22-2023, 08:30 AM
1. Higher intelligent people have often smarter things to do and focus on in their life than being racist.
2. People as they get older become naturally more passive towards certain things or at least appear so. Family, wife, children, job, mortgage, health etc.
3. I also think that smarter people are on average more empathic.

I'd bet if all they had to do is to push a button in order to expell other races/non-ethnic people from their countries those intelligent people you deem as non-racist would push the button.
I'm not sure about that. Many intelligent people support immigration/multiculturalism because they believe migration is good for the host country's economy.

Blondie
01-22-2023, 08:49 AM
Source?

You dont know Universe, its just his usual trolling. Dont take him seriously, he is one of the biggest troll of TA. His prev. profile was "Antimage" he got ban because of several anti-white trolling, just like this:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?190722-Serbs-vs-Hungarians-compare-and-contrast

Atlantic Reptilian
01-22-2023, 09:25 AM
Many intelligent people support immigration/multiculturalism because they believe migration is good for the host country's economy.
I think that only considering how it may benefit yourself is very egotistical. In my opinion, helping people fleeing war is good because you are helping people in need.

Nowadays you have the welfare systems, so most people are not that in touch with the altruistic aspect of immigration. In the past, when you didn't have welfare systems, you took care of people by yourself, by giving them aid in form of money etc..
In Sweden, it is taught that the welfare system replaced charity, but that isn't really true, because welfare/state-funded medical insurance is just a type of medical insurance, not charity, because in charity your are not expected to oblige to any form of contract, but state-funded medical insurance is a form of obligatory insurance for the citizen.

Anyhow, I don't believe in publicly funded health insurance as obligatory. People (swedes and non-swedes) become greedy because they realize that they can use more money from the insurance than they will have to return, and so they do it. I think for any form of insurance people have to have a sense of being careful with spending the money of the money pool.

Defcon2
01-22-2023, 09:49 AM

These tests have little scientific validity because they do not show consistent results, for example doing the test twice the two results rarely match. It is an easy thing to check for yourself.

Mortimer
01-22-2023, 09:52 AM

Evaluate me too in your psych thread... thanks and also give a link to your thread... i cannot find it now

Scandal
01-22-2023, 10:47 AM
Source?

You dont know Universe, its just his usual trolling. Dont take him seriously, he is one of the biggest troll of TA. His prev. profile was "Antimage" he got ban because of several anti-white trolling, just like this:
The belief that racists are low IQ, poor, ugly etc. is widespread. It's not something I made up.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?190722-Serbs-vs-Hungarians-compare-and-contrast
The belief that White racists are poor/low IQ people is not unheard of. It's not something I made up.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice: https://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
Study links low IQ to racism, prejudice and conservatism: https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/study-links-low-iq-to-racism-prejudice-and-conservatism-12943
The strange links between intelligence and prejudice: https://theconversation.com/the-strange-links-between-intelligence-and-prejudice-81155
Study links low intelligence with right-wing beliefs: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

Scandal
01-22-2023, 11:05 AM
The belief that White racists are poor/low IQ people is not unheard of. It's not something I made up.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice: https://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
Study links low IQ to racism, prejudice and conservatism: https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/study-links-low-iq-to-racism-prejudice-and-conservatism-12943
The strange links between intelligence and prejudice: https://theconversation.com/the-strange-links-between-intelligence-and-prejudice-81155
Study links low intelligence with right-wing beliefs: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/study-links-low-intelligence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

Why Right-Wing Extremism Has a Strong Presence in Eastern Germany: https://www.risetopeace.org/2022/05/18/why-right-wing-extremism-has-a-strong-presence-in-eastern-germany/risetopece/
Brexit vote explained: poverty, low skills and lack of opportunities: https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/brexit-vote-explained-poverty-low-skills-and-lack-opportunities
Same story in USA.

Blondie
01-22-2023, 11:15 AM

Okay pubi, stop trolling pls. If white racists have low IQ then its very true for you too. Do you remember when you said in private message that we must exterminate every gay people?
The only reason why did you create this thread is trolling me nothing else, because you couldnt answer for my arguments when i wrote a long pm for you. Maybe you can fool some new user who dont know you, but dont try it with me haha I know your tricks very well :thumb001: :rotfl::rotfl:

Scandal
01-22-2023, 11:24 AM
If white racists have low IQ then its very true for you too
I'm talking about average racist person vs average non-racist person, not individual cases. I could have 70 IQ and my posts would still be appropriate. And I don't want gays to be exterminated, that was a joke that you did not get apparently.

Blondie
01-22-2023, 11:42 AM
I'm talking about average racist person vs average non-racist person, not individual cases. I could have 70 IQ and my posts would still be appropriate. And I don't want gays to be exterminated, that was a joke that you did not get apparently.

Of course i knew that youre trolling, i dont take you seriously because most of your posts are just trolling :)

Scandal
01-22-2023, 11:44 AM
Of course i knew that youre trolling, i dont take you seriously because most of your posts are just trolling :)
If you don't like my posts, when are you putting me on ignore?

catgeorge
01-22-2023, 11:47 AM
I'm racist against criminals and illegal migrants. Shoot me - if they set a stereotype of themselves I do not care.

Blondie
01-22-2023, 11:51 AM
If you don't like my posts, when are you putting me on ignore?

Because you are trolling me, thats why :)

Scandal
01-22-2023, 11:56 AM
Because you are trolling me[/B], thats why :)
:crazy:

rothaer
01-22-2023, 12:13 PM
Because more intelligent people get years of 'education' telling them to not be racist (or else).

I think excatly this as well.

Especially in social sciences (less in law and natural sciences) people are regularly completely spoiled in that way that they have been "educated" to be detached from every natural instinct.

Ranger0075
01-22-2023, 12:39 PM
I don't think smart people will be openly racist in a society where they will be seen as a criminal. They will act internally imho. That's why they look few, but they are not.

Atlantic Reptilian
01-22-2023, 01:00 PM

Especially in social sciences (less in law and natural sciences) people are regularly completely spoiled in that way that they have been "educated" to be detached from every natural instinct.

I agree that the social sciences have some sort of spoiling, but it's usually in the sense of SJW behavior. Like a short guy always talking about women's rights and how short men are underprivileged because of their height etc. :rotfl:

I rarely see this among i.e. engineers.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 02:26 PM
These tests have little scientific validity because they do not show consistent results, for example doing the test twice the two results rarely match. It is an easy thing to check for yourself.

The soul of JamesBond007 lives through you.

Are you saying there is a lack of consistent results, or is it actual people in the field because there is a difference? The Big Five personality test is highly regarded. So much so that I need a bit more substance than a critique from an anonymous poster on an internet forum.

To pretend that someone will get significant differences in their scores when taking the test a second time is absurd unless, for some reason, you want to be dishonest when taking the test (and it's significant differences that would matter because, in reality, you will fall into a range). Someone who is not agreeable will not score much differently the second time. They won't suddenly be on the flip side of agreeableness or average for society because how you are as a person in your daily life does not change drastically (there isn't an instance of someone who is highly neurotic no longer being highly neurotic).

The criticism of Hans Eysenck's Big 5 is that it simplifies personality, which it does, but its simplicity allows for clarity.

People can use their anecdotal evidence to confirm. Even some of the racists are grudgingly admitting in a roundabout way that - on average - this is true because our own personal experiences match what these studies reveal.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 03:07 PM

Lawyers - at least in the US - tend to lean toward the left.

The reason why is because lawyers tend to be liberal. According to our research, 68 percent of lawyers who’ve made any political contributions give more money to Democrats than to Republicans. That pattern is even more striking when you look at elite lawyers.
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/08/analyst-gauges-the-political-bias-of-lawyers/

Scientists in the US lean left.

Most scientists identify as Democrats (55%), while 32% identify as independents and just 6% say they are Republicans. When the leanings of independents are considered, fully 81% identify as Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, compared with 12% who either identify as Republicans or lean toward the GOP. Among the public, there are far fewer self-described Democrats (35%) and far more Republicans (23%). Overall, 52% of the public identifies as Democratic or leans Democratic, while 35% identifies as Republican or leans Republican.

Majorities of scientists working in academia (60%), for non-profits (55%) and in government (52%) call themselves Democrats, as do nearly half of those working in private industry (47%).
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

This shouldn't be surprising. People of a conservative nature don't like ambiguity. They push back on new ways of doing things (because it conflicts with their 'natural instinct.')

Defcon2
01-22-2023, 06:44 PM

Are you saying there is a lack of consistent results, or is it actual people in the field because there is a difference? The Big Five personality test is highly regarded. So much so that I need a bit more substance than a critique from an anonymous poster on an internet forum.

To pretend that someone will get significant differences in their scores when taking the test a second time is absurd unless, for some reason, you want to be dishonest when taking the test (and it's significant differences that would matter because, in reality, you will fall into a range). Someone who is not agreeable will not score much differently the second time. They won't suddenly be on the flip side of agreeableness or average for society because how you are as a person in your daily life does not change drastically (there isn't an instance of someone who is highly neurotic no longer being highly neurotic).

The criticism of Hans Eysenck's Big 5 is that it simplifies personality, which it does, but its simplicity allows for clarity.

People can use their anecdotal evidence to confirm. Even some of the racists are grudgingly admitting in a roundabout way that - on average - this is true because our own personal experiences match what these studies reveal.

Today I did the test having already done it many years ago, obviously there are similarities but it could be perfectly different people. :noidea:
If you think there is scientific consistency, perhaps you have a fairly broad concept of it, or maybe it's me that I don't know how to do the tests correctly.

Old
https://i.imgur.com/L6Plyix.jpg

Modern
https://i.imgur.com/967I2vN.jpg

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 07:02 PM
Today I did the test having already done it many years ago, obviously there are similarities but it could be perfectly different people. :noidea:
If you think there is scientific consistency, perhaps you have a fairly broad concept of it, or maybe it's me that I don't know how to do the tests correctly.

Old
[img]https://i.imgur.com/L6Plyix.

Modern
[img]https://i.imgur.com/967I

Thank you for such hard evidence in favor of your argument.

Your scores are literally within range of each other. In other words, they're not significantly different from each other. No one will get the same score every time. We might as well disregard IQ tests because you won't get the same score if you take the same test years apart, but the scores will be similar.

DraviXi99
01-22-2023, 07:12 PM
His book mein kempf was specifically famous for being racists or having racists ideals

He had racial laws regarding admixtures and the amount of rights one can have or not have for it.

He sterialized and threw people in labor camps for their ancestry. Not just jews

It was very very rare he made exceptions for specific individuals but in general he was a racists.

Oh,you mean the holohoax ?

Incal
01-22-2023, 07:22 PM

lol

He's back by the way. Now he's Dutch.

slaog
01-22-2023, 07:27 PM
It's the difference between intelligence and wisdom.

If a high IQ person is believing everything authority tells them, they're not using their intelligence.

I'll also add that you don't need to be that smart to know flooding your country with 3rd worlders isnt going to end well.

B01AB20
01-22-2023, 07:37 PM
If you speak about ethnic frenchmen it's indeed less common. But you can still quickly live in a area near, especially in big city.

If you take white people in general, the social community who support the most the far right (let's consider they tend to be more racist than the one who don't vote for them) are the descendannt of portugueses.
In portugal there is 0 far right party, so there isn't any reasons to one generation later they massively support it. The reason might be their attachment for catholicism. But for me it's because most of them end up in immigrant neighboor after they arrival in France. Most of them quickly move in other place due to their hardworking mentality.

That's why my theory. And also in my general interaction with people

French catalans support mostly FN, or whatever is name is now; this is very surprising, in a bad way, to catalan nationalist from Catalonia.

Insuperable
01-22-2023, 07:49 PM
lol

He's back by the way. Now he's Dutch.

He is a real shapeshifting lizard.

Aldaris
01-22-2023, 07:54 PM
I would say they are more reserved in general and avoid tension at all costs. Even in here already, there's a standard that academia has pretty much your typical SJW agenda. Being a 'racist' towards some groups is treatead as a taboo (and that's not at all limited to academia, it's just more prevalent in there). Yet all of us know very well which groups are disliked for their behavior or thought of as incompetent of doing anything on their own. I am openly racist, yes, and people are often shocked by that. Let them be.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-22-2023, 09:03 PM

One personality trait is linked to higher intelligence above all others. Being open to experience is the personality trait most strongly linked to high IQ. People who are open to experience show a special interest in things that are unconventional, new and complex.

The conclusions come from a study of 17,415 people in the UK who were given personality and IQ tests and followed up over four decades.

The study’s authors explain their results:

“…childhood intelligence is indeed positively associated with adult trait Openness, even when it was assessed almost four decades earlier when participants were at 11 years.

Intelligence may influence the development of personality in that intelligent people develop habits to satisfy their curiosity and ‘‘cognitive hunger’’ which are an essential ingredient of Openness.”
https://www.spring.org.uk/2022/04/son-2-c.php#:~:text=One%20personality%20trait%20is%20lin ked,are%20unconventional%2C%20new%20and%20complex.

Humanophage
01-22-2023, 11:32 PM
Conservatives are less intelligent, and racists are more likely to be conservative. However, if you control for conservatism, racism has no effect on intelligence (c'). Conservatism means things like traditional sex roles or belief in authority. Racism here means things like not wanting coloured neighbours.

https://i.imgur.com/unCIyAP.png
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0956797611421206

Social conservatism. In both the NCDS and the BCS, socially conservative ideology was assessed in terms of respect for and submission to authority (7 items in the NCDS and 10 items in the BCS; e.g., “Give law breakers stiffer sentences” and
“Schools should teach children to obey authority”) and support for conventional (i.e., unequal) sex roles (6 items in both studies; e.g., “Family life suffers if mum is working fulltime”); scale reliabilities ranged from .63 to .68 (Deary et al., 2008; Schoon et al., 2010). These measures tap socially conservative values, including desire for law and order, punitive reactions toward wrongdoers, adherence to social conventions or traditions, and social control. Without reference to racial out-groups, these items reflect ideological orientations rooted in resistance to change and a desire to maintain existing social stratifications, making them ideal for our purposes.

Racism. Attitudes toward racial out-groups were assessed in the NCDS and the BCS with the same five items (e.g., “I wouldn’t mind working with people from other races” and “I wouldn’t mind if a family of a different race moved next door”; αs = .82; Deary et al., 2008; Schoon et al., 2010). Items were reverse-scored; higher scores indicate a generalized antipathy toward racial out-groups, rather than antipathy toward a specific racial group.

Results from both the NCDS and the BCS supported each component of the hypothesized mediation model (see Table 1). For both men and women, the NCDS data demonstrated significant negative paths from the latent g factor in childhood to the latent conservative-ideology factor in adulthood (Path a) and significant positive paths from the latent conservative-ideology factor to generalized racism in adulthood (Path b). As predicted, without the hypothesized mediator in the model, the direct effect of the latent g factor in childhood on adult racism (Path c) was negative and significant, but this effect was attenuated in magnitude and reduced to nonsignificance (Path c′) when the latent conservativeideology factor was included. Of the total predictive effect of childhood cognitive ability on adult racism, between 92% and 100% was indirect, mediated via conservative ideology (see Table 2)

The reason is that probably racism stems from two different traits, RWA and SDO. Those are of course biased monikers, but they do capture something. RWA is basically authoritarianism or conventionality, SDO is basically the belief that everyone is in constant competition. RWA is correlated with lower IQ and lower Big-5 Openness, whereas SDO is not correlated with IQ or Openness, and is instead related to Big-5 Agreeableness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarian_personality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_dominance_orientation

Overall, I think it's just a consequence of brainwashing in educational institutions. I suspect that the relationship would be reversed in a racist yet religious society like late 19th century Britain, where the elites would be Darwinist whilst the regular people would be sticking to some religious ideas about human equality. It is simply not permissible to be racist in high society in countries like the US or France. This is a very pronounced phenomenon, so it is largely impossible to measure racism among the more educated with much precision.

https://i.imgur.com/jTA2RbT.png
https://www.cato.org/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share

In short, racists are not dumb, but conservatives are a bit dumb. But it's hard to say for sure because educated people are afraid to say they are conservative, let alone racist.

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-17-2023, 11:48 PM
Conservatives are less intelligent, and racists are more likely to be conservative. However, if you control for conservatism, racism has no effect on intelligence (c'). Conservatism means things like traditional sex roles or belief in authority. Racism here means things like not wanting coloured neighbours.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/unCIyAP.png[

The reason is that probably racism stems from two different traits, RWA and SDO. Those are of course biased monikers, but they do capture something. RWA is basically authoritarianism or conventionality, SDO is basically the belief that everyone is in constant competition. RWA is correlated with lower IQ and lower Big-5 Openness, whereas SDO is not correlated with IQ or Openness, and is instead related to Big-5 Agreeableness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarian_personality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_dominance_orientation

Overall, I think it's just a consequence of brainwashing in educational institutions. I suspect that the relationship would be reversed in a racist yet religious society like late 19th century Britain, where the elites would be Darwinist whilst the regular people would be sticking to some religious ideas about human equality. It is simply not permissible to be racist in high society in countries like the US or France. This is a very pronounced phenomenon, so it is largely impossible to measure racism among the more educated with much precision.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/jTA2RbT.p

In short, racists are not dumb, but conservatives are a bit dumb. But it's hard to say for sure because educated people are afraid to say they are conservative, let alone racist.

Libertarians score strongly on SDO.

https://i.imgur.com/fA4ZYD6.png

Sensitivity toward disgust and racial prejudice goes hand in hand and is a trait of conservatives but not Libertarians.

https://i.imgur.com/l49WIsf.png

Three Dimensions of American Conservative Political Orientation Differentially Predict Negativity Bias and Satisfaction with Life
https://osf.io/xeqmr/

Neural basis of disgust perception in racial prejudice

Worldwide racial prejudice is originated from in‐group/out‐group discrimination. This prejudice can bias face perception at the very beginning of social interaction. However, little is known about the neurocognitive mechanism underlying the influence of racial prejudice on facial emotion perception. Here, we examined the neural basis of disgust perception in racial prejudice using a passive viewing task and functional magnetic resonance imaging. We found that compared with the disgusted faces of in‐groups, the disgusted faces of out‐groups result in increased amygdala and insular engagement, positive coupling of the insula with amygdala‐based emotional system, and negative coupling of the insula with anterior cingulate cortex (ACC)‐based regulatory system. Furthermore, machine‐learning algorithms revealed that the level of implicit racial prejudice could be predicted by functional couplings of the insula with both the amygdala and the ACC, which suggests that the insula is largely involved in racially biased disgust perception through two distinct neural circuits. In addition, individual difference in disgust sensitivity was found to be predictive of implicit racial prejudice. Taken together, our results suggest a crucial role of insula‐centered circuits for disgust perception in racial prejudice. Hum Brain Mapp 36:5275–5286, 2015.

High SDO doesn't automatically mean racial prejudice, which is the assumption being made. It could be class in-group versus out-group. It could be my family/friends in group versus everyone else. It could mean my particular region of the country versus other regions. It could mean my religion versus that of others. If you think it's wrong to push for group equality because you believe in merit that doesn't mean you're racist, for example.

What would indicate an inclination toward racial/ethnic bias is disgust sensitivity.

As you can see, Libertarians score high on SDO but low on sensitivity to disgust. Libertarians score higher IQs than liberals and conservatives on average (refer to my posts in the thread). As SDO goes, Libertarians are motivated primarily by economics.

So it's odd to argue that racists aren't dumb if the right-wingers who score low on disgust sensitivity are the ones scoring the highest IQ on average.

I also don't understand why you'd bring people hiding their politics. That would be in their daily life. When they take the IQ and personality tests they're anonymous. There are no social repercussions to being honest on an anonymous personality test.

bvnny
04-18-2023, 12:02 AM
Most racists are close-minded to new ideas that might defy their racist views.

The racists I've talked to before were, for the most part, unable to understand concepts like "structural racism" and "microaggressions"... they would deny all of that from the start out of being "leftism".

de Burgh II
04-18-2023, 02:05 AM

Basically this in a nutshell. The lower social classes of one's society are relegated/ forced to be cohabitants of the dregs of society/first generation immigrants that have to take up either menial jobs or jobs that people don't want to do. Hence, it is during these inevitable interactions that racial and classist subconscious biases are formed and take tangible form. Whereas those higher in the social class are protected and far removed from the chaos that ensues around them. Living within their heavily protected gated communities/ counties that allows them to wallow in this first world trivialities and other first world comforts.

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-18-2023, 02:27 AM
When it comes to Americans, I can only always tell when someone's life experience is on the internet when they start bringing up gated communities or believe poor Whites live with poor non-Whites in any serious numbers. It's very rare for poor Whites to be living among poor Blacks or Latinos. You have to fuck up so badly in life to be in that situation. The only place most poor Whites interact with poor non-Whites regularly is in jail and prison. I won't even comment on the gated community nonsense, which is a repeated exaggeration about rich Whites. You don't have to be rich to live in a gated community.

Saiwalo
04-18-2023, 03:00 AM
https://img.ifunny.co/images/ae8ed1778136c29e70f2fa7b435394e1f20c11cd4165484142 a851d206b590d0_1.webp

HannibaltheGreat
04-18-2023, 04:34 AM
When it comes to Americans, I can only always tell when someone's life experience is on the internet when they start bringing up gated communities or believe poor Whites live with poor non-Whites in any serious numbers. It's very rare for poor Whites to be living among poor Blacks or Latinos. You have to fuck up so badly in life to be in that situation. The only place most poor Whites interact with poor non-Whites regularly is in jail and prison. I won't even comment on the gated community nonsense, which is a repeated exaggeration about rich Whites. You don't have to be rich to live in a gated community.

I had few white friends, but most of my friends in life were other hispanics.

But my neighborhood growing up just tended to be that way, so my friends were other hispanics. And my schools barely had white people. In my high school, there were so few white people, but for some years, I did use to spend my lunch with a few and some hispanic. One was irish, one 2 were italian. One was an anglo Goth girl brunette. One was half cuban half german. One was dominican. In all my other elementary school years, they were basically all dominican because all the people in my area were basically dominican, and the people in general were. My high school wasn't in my area, so it was the first time I had friends that weren't hispanic or dominican. But it was pretty much mostly hispanic with black coming in second. It was also the first time i had been to school where there were some black non hispanics. Previous to that, I've only encountered a handful of non hispanic blacks. 2 weren't ghetto at all. One of em was a girl named regina. She was actually very sweet and quiet. One of was a kid named phillip, but he was slow, and other kids always used to take advantage of him. And one of em was a kid named oliver. He wasn't a regular friend, but he was a kid i remember playing basketball sometimes with. He was a nice kid. And he dressed fit and semi conservatively. He wasn't hood. It was a lot of the hispanics, ironically, really. But that was at my junior high school and earlier schools.
I interacted with whites, but overall, in life, it was at work or work related.

I never really had black friends come to think about it. But had few aquantances that were. Never had personal vendettas, though, with anyone that was black, neither.

Petalpusher
04-18-2023, 06:39 AM
https://img.ifunny.co/images/ae8ed1778136c29e70f2fa7b435394e1f20c11cd4165484142 a851d206b590d0_1.webp

It works indeed like "Antartica is a desert". Certainly people who think Antartica isn't a desert are more numerous and have a relatively higher average IQ, even if they are wrong.

If i ve learned anything on TA, was coming to the realization the best predicator for intelligence might be the ability to grasp on the basic concepts of statistical average. Good science is about laying out the most trivial hypothesis and the most refined demonstrations, the apparently dumbest hypothesis often turning up in history to have been the valid explanations all along.

Mortimer
04-18-2023, 07:25 AM
Im not sure if racists are less intelligent, i dont think so. All the Nazis had very high IQs, but i think that maybe there is indeed a genetic component if you are a racist or not, like on genomelink you get a "archetype" which you are by your traits.

They described me as the food lover, which is true, but i think im not only a food lover, but it is not wrong... so someone might be "the nazi"

https://i.ibb.co/YdQxqj3/Genomlink-Avatar-Archetype.jpg (https://ibb.co/7pCq6yX)

Östsvensk
04-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Interestingly though, I have come across some who thought that liberals were the most racist.

https://i.ibb.co/pj5jkht/20230418-121454.jpg

Petalpusher
04-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Interestingly though, I have come across some who thought that liberals were the most racist.

This is the testimony many more educated NA and blacks described here, they never experienced more real racism than with left leaning people. Because there is a very big difference between acknowledging races and actually treat people differently randomly based on it. Which is why it's of the upmost importance to use the right words for their precise meaning "To name things wrongly is to add to the misfortune of the world”

Left wingers display the exact same prejudices as everybody else:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ssqu.13268

The ideology make them believe themselves what they say...they don't even have to lie claiming they aren't racist, they ve just chosen this ideal is preferable than the truth, which is the ultimate purpose of diffusing any ideology. Accepting reality rather liberates from systemwide epidermic prejudices, in order to deal with people individually.

HannibaltheGreat
04-18-2023, 02:58 PM

https://i.ibb.co/pj5jkht/20230418-121454.jpgThat literally has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with religion. Destiny is an atheist . The person quoted is likely an atheist himself

Blondie
04-18-2023, 03:07 PM
Hitler would have utterly embarrassed any of them in an intellectual debate.

Yes probably, but its true for other politicians too, for example Churchill, de Gaulle etc. 100 years ago the politicians were ideology oriented, they have learned a lot about philosophy, history and other things, and they were not afraid to die for their world view.
Modern politicans are different, most of them came from economic sector with such degree, they don't believe in anything except money, and they serve the companies instead of peoples. This is just a circus.

Östsvensk
04-18-2023, 04:05 PM
That literally has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with religion. Destiny is an atheist . The person quoted is likely an atheist himself

Yeah, I know that Islam technically is a universalist religion that a member of any race can believe in. In practice, most Muslims are brown and Islamophobia in their book is anti-brown racism or whatever.

The person quoted is a Muslim apologist.