PDA

View Full Version : Classify my grandfather

Styggnacke
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
The photo is un-rotated, it was too big to upload on Imageshack when I did that:

leisitox
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Some resemble to member Artek.
Pred. north pontid after that picture.

Gunslinger
11-21-2011, 10:31 PM
rather North Atlantid

zsrr
11-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Some resemble to member Artek.
Pred. north pontid after that picture.

Why North Pontid and not East Nordid?

gold_fenix
11-21-2011, 10:35 PM
nordid+ baltid

leisitox
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Why North Pontid and not East Nordid?
Because of the dark hair and nose.

GeistFaust
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
North Atlantid pretty much nothing East-Nordid about him Zrr he looks quite British never would have guessed him in Scandinavia.

leisitox
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
North Atlantid pretty much nothing East-Nordid about him Zrr he looks quite British never would have guessed him in Scandinavia.

Im to "sleepy", or for me he looks eastern? thats why the east-conterpart of north atlantid, north pontid?

Gunslinger
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
he doesn't look Slavic for sure

GeistFaust
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Im to "sleepy", or for me he looks eastern? thats why the east-conterpart of north atlantid, north pontid?

Not really he looks quite Northwestern/Northern like some of my Scottish ancestors on my dad's side.

billErobreren
11-21-2011, 11:04 PM

Makes sense, he does remind me of Steve Howey in that photo.
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2009_Still_Waiting.../009SWG_Steve_Howey_002.jpg

his grandfather does look Scandinavian like Danish, Faroese or West Norwegian though. I'm pretty familiar with his look

zsrr
11-21-2011, 11:05 PM

I think he looks N.W European too, I just asked him because I want to learn how you distinguish a North Pontid from a East Nordid.

zsrr
11-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Makes sense, he does remind me of Steve Howey in that photo. he does look Scandinavian like Danish, Faroese or West Norwegian though.

his grandfather does look Scandinavian like Danish, Faroese or West Norwegian though. I'm pretty familiar with his look

I like your avatar

GeistFaust
11-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Makes sense, he does remind me of Steve Howey in that photo. he does look Scandinavian like Danish, Faroese or West Norwegian though.

He looks quite Northern-Central European/Scandinavian so probably a Halstatt-Nordid with some other more robust component involved. It would be interesting to start a thread about the similarities between the British Isles and Scandinavia. I believe a few parallels can be drawn between the two.

billErobreren
11-21-2011, 11:17 PM
He looks quite Northern-Central European/Scandinavian so probably a Halstatt-Nordid with some other more robust component involved. It would be interesting to start a thread about the similarities between the British Isles and Scandinavia. I believe a few parallels can be drawn between the two.

Agreed:cool:

GeistFaust
11-21-2011, 11:21 PM
I think he looks N.W European too, I just asked him because I want to learn how you distinguish a North Pontid from a East Nordid.

There is a general difference which is cardinal in its applicability bout their are overlaps where you can use the term interchangeable to certain individuals.
North Pontids generally look like North Atlantids except they just give off a more Eastern look or are Eastern in origins. East Nordids have a higher forehead and cranio-vault and sort of a Dinaro-Form(Proto-Iranic Form) skull shape.

Styggnacke
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if N. Atlantid is the right classification. You've to take in your consideration that he had rather medium/dark brown hair than black back then.

zsrr
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure if N. Atlantid is the right classification.

Why?

Styggnacke
11-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Why?
It's a rare pheno in Sweden. How many Robbie Williams-looking Swedes do you see in Malmö (or wherever you live)?