PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite country?

qathaliyn
02-11-2023, 07:28 PM
What is your favorite country?

Ranger0075
02-11-2023, 07:48 PM
Romania

SouthDutch7991
02-11-2023, 08:36 PM
If I had to pick any other country to live in, it would be Finland. Because I like the weather, and I like the people.

Victor
02-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Russia, Serbia and Balkan mentality countries and exact regions.

PlattitüdenPaule
02-11-2023, 08:49 PM
Apart from my own country, probably Ireland.

frankhammer
02-11-2023, 09:22 PM
I would only consider a nation that encompasses a large part of a continent, is first world and English is the language of the land.

qathaliyn
02-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Russia, Serbia and Balkan mentality countries and exact regions.

What does Balkan mentality mean?

Monapps
02-11-2023, 10:52 PM

Third world mentality.

Todesritter
02-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Out of those I've visited and lived in, Austria, based purely on personal experience. Especially rural. Clean, people take care of their towns and surroundings, of their historical landmarks. Polite people, but keep to themselves, I have never had a bad experience. Good food, good wine, good art and music. The nature is beautiful, be it the Alps or the Pannonian plain around the Neusiedler See, good roads, Wien is one of my favourite European cities owing to the sheer amount of preserved historical buildings, ease of navigation and generally pleasant atmosphere. Pity that their immigration policies are what they are. It saddens me that every year I see more and more immigrants (if you have a 5 AM train, and it's 3, wait it out elsewhere than at the train station) and the city gets dirtier.

Marshall Theodore
02-11-2023, 11:44 PM
Russia

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2023, 12:28 AM
I would only consider a nation that encompasses a large part of a continent, is first world and English is the language of the land.

English only is the language of the land in England, so your country does not exist.

capocannoniere
02-12-2023, 01:09 AM
Apart from South Brazil, obviously Italy.
Then on an order I'd put Argentina, Austria, former Yugoslavia, Portugal, Spain and France.

Hexachordia
02-12-2023, 01:14 AM
Thinking carefully it is China, albeit CCP as an unwanted element, can not imagine living in another country, but if have to, Africa, Germany, Argentina, Japan.

capocannoniere
02-12-2023, 01:29 AM
Out of those I've visited and lived in, Austria, based purely on personal experience. Especially rural. Clean, people take care of their towns and surroundings, of their historical landmarks. Polite people, but keep to themselves, I have never had a bad experience. Good food, good wine, good art and music. The nature is beautiful, be it the Alps or the Pannonian plain around the Neusiedler See, good roads, Wien is one of my favourite European cities owing to the sheer amount of preserved historical buildings, ease of navigation and generally pleasant atmosphere. Pity that their immigration policies are what they are. It saddens me that every year I see more and more immigrants (if you have a 5 AM train, and it's 3, wait it out elsewhere than at the train station) and the city gets dirtier.

I lived close to a Tyrolese colony and have an aunt who married a guy from Voralberg and now both live there and have a kid. While the individual mentality of most I've known from there is nothing special, the place is an Oasis of culture and good administration in the region. I guess it's the strength of certain families/clans and just the collective trust of people who know they belong to an unique group.

Even the children of rich families study at the public schools, there are good sports teams, classes of just about everything for every age, the streets are well taken care of, fachwerk style architecture is preserved and there is an incentive for new ones to be made. As much as Southern Europeans have the fame of being more creative, colectivist and less workaholic, I see the opposite in South Brazil. While most Italians were working their asses of in agriculture and commerce and didn't give much of a shit for nothing else, Austrians and Germans had large family owned industries and kicked off the whole tourism thing much before the Italians.

With no false modesty, Italians turned a disputed piece of jungle into one of the most developed regions in the country, if not in the continent, but most of us have the reflective hability and cultural impetus of a monkey xD

Tommie
02-12-2023, 01:47 AM
Meta-ethnicity: Balkano_Slavo_Latin.

Wtf?

Todesritter
02-12-2023, 01:57 AM
I lived close to a Tyrolese colony and have an aunt who married a guy from Voralberg and now both live there and have a kid. While the individual mentality of most I've known from there is nothing special, the place is an Oasis of culture and good administration in the region. I guess it's the strength of certain families/clans and just the collective trust of people who know they belong to an unique group.

Even the children of rich families study at the public schools, there are good sports teams, classes of just about everything for every age, the streets are well taken care of, fachwerk style architecture is preserved and there is an incentive for new ones to be made. As much as Southern Europeans have the fame of being more creative, colectivist and less workaholic, I see the opposite in South Brazil. While most Italians were working their asses of in agriculture and commerce and didn't give much of a shit for nothing else, Austrians and Germans had large family owned industries and kicked off the whole tourism thing much before the Italians.

With no false modesty, Italians turned a disputed piece of jungle into one of the most developed regions in the country, if not in the continent, but most of us have the reflective hability and cultural impetus of a monkey xD

Austria has, in complete seriousness, even the best - clean and private - toilets at highway rest stops I've seen. There is something to be said about their collective responsibility that is necessary in keeping a country clean and functioning which you see in everyday aspects of life, well-maintained houses, flowers in the windows, no garbage in the streets, architecture that keeps with the character of the land rather than trying to outdo your neighbours in who has a bigger, more luxurious monstrosity of a house. It's not groundbreaking in inventiveness, but they have a lot of respect for their history and celebrate it openly, and I appreciate that. The amount of effort they put into maintaining their castles is crazy compared to how those sit around like ruins in neighbouring countries. That's not to say it's heaven on earth, but in terms of how people are willing to put in the work to care for their surroundings and act civil towards one another, plus the navigable bureaucracy and administration, it's pretty good.
I appreciate southern European countries and their cultural contributions, and I thoroughly enjoy visiting them, but I'd still much rather move to Austria. I like clear order and sometimes a beer or two.

Also, they make this thing
https://images.ichkoche.at/data/image/variations/496x384/5/schnitt-o-mat-manner-img-49286.jpg

frankhammer
02-12-2023, 02:18 AM
English only is the language of the land in England, so your country does not exist.

The colour green doesn't suit you.

Aila
02-12-2023, 02:33 AM
Australia :cheer_icoon:

oszkar07
02-12-2023, 03:10 AM
Austria has, in complete seriousness, even the best - clean and private - toilets at highway rest stops I've seen. There is something to be said about their collective responsibility that is necessary in keeping a country clean and functioning which you see in everyday aspects of life, well-maintained houses, flowers in the windows, no garbage in the streets, architecture that keeps with the character of the land rather than trying to outdo your neighbours in who has a bigger, more luxurious monstrosity of a house. It's not groundbreaking in inventiveness, but they have a lot of respect for their history and celebrate it openly, and I appreciate that. The amount of effort they put into maintaining their castles is crazy compared to how those sit around like ruins in neighbouring countries. That's not to say it's heaven on earth, but in terms of how people are willing to put in the work to care for their surroundings and act civil towards one another, plus the navigable bureaucracy and administration, it's pretty good.
I appreciate southern European countries and their cultural contributions, and I thoroughly enjoy visiting them, but I'd still much rather move to Austria. I like clear order and sometimes a beer or two.

Also, they make this thing
https://images.ichkoche.at/data/image/variations/496x384/5/schnitt-o-mat-manner-img-49286.jpg

Agree, I lived in Vienna for several months.
The public transport was amazing , you never wait more than 6 minutes for a train to anywhere in the city.
Trains, Trams are clean never saw any rubbish or graffitti like you would see most other places.

I found the stereotype of the Viennese not being overly friendly to seem to be true.
On the other hand I found them to be honest and helpful if you engage with them and need directions to somewhere.

rajputprincess
02-12-2023, 06:23 AM
Japan South Korea because I like their culture

Sent from my Redmi Y3 using Tapatalk

oszkar07
02-12-2023, 06:38 AM
I had different ideas when I was younger, but I probably wouldnt want to live any place else anymore.

If I had to choose to live some where else, I think I like the med lifestyle. So maybe Spain or Portugal or certain parts of Italy. Otherwise Switzerland or Austria seem like nice places to live.

Serif
02-12-2023, 06:42 AM
One of those non-thailand, non-philipine southeast asian countries like malaysia and new zealand.

Tsuin
02-12-2023, 07:45 AM
Japan, Iceland, Finland, Bolivia, Peru, Southern Mexico/Central America

qathaliyn
02-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Meta-ethnicity: Balkano_Slavo_Latin.

Wtf?

What happened?

PONTID
02-12-2023, 11:09 AM

High corruption and brotherhood with Russian piece of shit :rotfl:

catgeorge
02-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Anywhere other than Western Europe and Anglosphere I am living in hell.

PONTID
02-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Russia

You mean Ghana?

catgeorge
02-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Van Der Crazy, Trudeau, Biden, Sunak - the great rise of power of morons. I really can't understand these people thinking and really can't align with their demonic edicts on life - they don't even now what a woman is.

Aristotle is always right of course.

PONTID
02-12-2023, 11:26 AM
Anywhere other than Western Europe and Anglosphere I am living in hell.

My Greek brother. Come to Russia. We Russian love Greek. West Europe is hell you right

Some Greeks people are so fucking stupid. :picard2:

https://englishrussia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/splash_17.gif

catgeorge
02-12-2023, 11:31 AM
My Greek brother. Come to Russia. We Russian love Greek. West Europe is hell you right

Well, be happy to be governed by morons that want to vaccinate passport you and microchip you.

You think you are having it good? You are living in a sugar coated delusion living off welfare benefits.

Victor
02-12-2023, 11:55 AM

Mentality of Serbs, Romanians, Bosnians, part of Croats, Northern Macedonian Slavs, part of Greeks, Bulgarians (even tho I know Bulgarians very little). I dunno what did the armchair ubermensch in topic mean by "third world mentality", i meant being open, emotional, hospitable, sometimes fiery, knowing what is "merak" and how to enjoy life, not being a depressive shadow of a man.

Victor
02-12-2023, 11:57 AM

Are you Russian or you have some mental disorder so you speak as you're Russian?

Victor
02-12-2023, 12:01 PM
High corruption and brotherhood with Russian piece of shit :rotfl:

Did someone even considered to offend you here so you started pooping and throwing pieces of crap around you? Who was shaking your cage? Friendly advice, don't eat it.

Blondie
02-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Czechia, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Slovakia

PONTID
02-12-2023, 12:10 PM
I am your dad, drinking vodka every day and watching russian propaganda on tv

Victor
02-12-2023, 12:11 PM
I am your dad, drinking vodka every day and watching russian propaganda on tv

Ah, apparently the Ukrainian clown entered the circus arena, no need for me to get down to this level.

Alenka
02-12-2023, 12:40 PM
Russia. I love Russian language and culture.

That's why I'm in the process of obtaining a Russian visa.
My intent is to relocate to Vladivostok. Russian Far East is very beautiful.

Plus it makes travelling to Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo really easy.
Great places to take shopping trips and practice languages.

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2023, 12:45 PM
Russia. I love Russian language and culture.

That's why I'm in the process of obtaining a Russian visa.
My intent is to relocate to Vladivostok. Russian Far East is very beautiful.

Plus it makes travelling to Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo really easy.
Great places to take shopping trips and practice languages.
You serious?

catgeorge
02-12-2023, 12:57 PM
You serious?

Russia is the last refuge for Europeans. Sadly.

I am also seriously considering it - if Greeks don't kick out that neo liberal Mitsotakis scumbag. Then as far as I can see only Russia is left. Everyone else is sell out to their people but not Russia.

Blinken - Number one trouble maker with Russia
Nuland - Number two trouble maker with Russia
Zelensky - Number three trouble maker with Russia

Are all Jews.

Victor
02-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Zelensky - Number three trouble maker with Russia

Zelensky is a muppet for show, he's an actor so he plays the role, a written script. I'm sure he won't choose this path if he could know how it will go anyway. The real president of Ukraine now is Andrey Yermak, directly controlled from abroad for sure, half Jew/half Russian.

Alenka
02-12-2023, 01:24 PM
You serious?
100% serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK23RHXXlJ4
:pinklove:

Jana
02-12-2023, 01:31 PM
100% serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK23RHXXlJ4
:pinklove:

Brno is more beautiful, you should move there IMO. :P

Victor
02-12-2023, 01:32 PM
Brno is more beautiful, you should go there IMO. :P

No ocean in Brno, maybe it attracts her the most of everything shown xD

RogueState
02-12-2023, 01:42 PM
Turkey ofc

Todesritter
02-12-2023, 02:09 PM
Agree, I lived in Vienna for several months.
The public transport was amazing , you never wait more than 6 minutes for a train to anywhere in the city.
Trains, Trams are clean never saw any rubbish or graffitti like you would see most other places.

I found the stereotype of the Viennese not being overly friendly to seem to be true.
On the other hand I found them to be honest and helpful if you engage with them and need directions to somewhere.

Which is all good with me, as I'm quite cold and prefer some distance until I get to know someone. But I can attest to the second. I was walking to the train station from a concert at night and one of the locals who attended as well offered to walk with me until we reached a direct metro line leading straight to the train station. Cool guy who knew a lot about the history of local landmarks.

Trains and trams are within line of central european ones - Czech and Slovak ones I've also never seen graffitied and filthy the same way the London Tube is, though the stops were cleaner. The actual trains are much better. My only complaint is that the table where I sat down at the Hbf stank of piss and there are loads of immigrants outside at night.

Todesritter
02-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Brno is more beautiful, you should move there IMO. :P

Brno is great and massively underrated. Oppidum my ass - Moravians might be rowdy drinkers, but Brno has a beautiful historical center and lots to do, the slander from Prague is unfounded.

Monapps
02-12-2023, 02:21 PM
Mentality of Serbs, Romanians, Bosnians, part of Croats, Northern Macedonian Slavs, part of Greeks, Bulgarians (even tho I know Bulgarians very little). I dunno what did the armchair ubermensch in topic mean by "third world mentality", i meant being open, emotional, hospitable, sometimes fiery, knowing what is "merak" and how to enjoy life, not being a depressive shadow of a man.

This is the same that's said about Arabs, Latin Americans, Africans and basically any people from the third world. They take pride in their extroverted, kind and carefree nature in contrast to the cold, strict and uptight Westerners.

Victor
02-12-2023, 02:28 PM
This is the same that's said about Arabs, Latin Americans, Africans and basically any people from the third world. They take pride in their extroverted, kind and carefree nature in contrast to the cold, strict and uptight Westerners.

So, for you whole Southern Europe is Third World? Anyway, I prefer happy opened people, not the born autists. Enough of them in Russia, btw, cold and strict ones. Probably we're First World then xD. But really, I've made such conclusion just to state that all those first-third world cliches are virtual.

Monapps
02-12-2023, 02:40 PM
So, for you whole Southern Europe is Third World? Anyway, I prefer happy opened people, not the born autists. Enough of them in Russia, btw, cold and strict ones. Probably we're First World then xD. But really, I've made such conclusion just to state that all those first-third world cliches are virtual.

Yes, PIGS are known for being open, emotional, hospitable, sometimes fiery, knowing what is "merak" and how to enjoy life, not being a depressive shadow of a man. They became part of the first world -and this is debatable- only after joining the EU.

Rumata
02-12-2023, 07:30 PM
Soviet Union is the best I know about.

Ylla
02-12-2023, 08:41 PM
In terms of culture, UK, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Sweden and Kosovo/Albania (ancestral).
In terms of living, I love the UK but I don’t see myself living here permanently. My 5 year plan is to open my own clinics in Kosovo and possibly the UAE. My husband is also supportive of that.

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Yes, PIGS are known for being open, emotional, hospitable, sometimes fiery, knowing what is "merak" and how to enjoy life, not being a depressive shadow of a man. They became part of the first world -and this is debatable- only after joining the EU.

The contrary, the EU is ruining Southern Europe. We were first world much before we "joined" the EU. Less (or zero) immigration, crimes, unemployment, corruption, etc etc.

Funny that an American believes they are still a first world country.

Marshall Theodore
02-12-2023, 09:20 PM

Thats not, unless you're referring to Greece.

Roy
02-12-2023, 09:56 PM
I don't have any favourite country.

RogueState
02-12-2023, 10:34 PM

I always find it funny that Serbs used the word "merak" for this concept (and the person - meraklija), which in Turkish is just about being curious, wondering.

For instance among Bosniaks, Albanians, Bulgarians, Greeks, they rather use the more correct word keyf (ćejf, qejf, kefi, ...) from Ottoman Turkish, from the Arabic "kayf" (also used in Russian through their contact with Muslim minorities) to capture this feeling of enjoying simple stuff, direct, pragmatic, intuitive happiness (as opposed to the more absolute Aristotelian concept "Eudaimonia" or the Epicurean "Ataraxia"). It has even entered French slang through Maghrebian immigrants, who pronounce it "kiff" (also meaning in slang to enjoy).

Regardless the word used, the idea is one of the true essence of the Mediterranean spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MRqrBtoac

Incal
02-13-2023, 01:28 AM
I can only talk about the Americas and Europe since it's the only places I've been to: Uruguay, Spain, Czech Republic, Serbia. I'd say Scotland if it were independent.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 09:39 AM
The contrary, the EU is ruining Southern Europe. We were first world much before we "joined" the EU. Less (or zero) immigration, crimes, unemployment, corruption, etc etc.

Funny that an American believes they are still a first world country.

Just like any third world country. There is no immigration because nobody wants to live in a third world hellhole. Instead, mass emigration is the norm and combined with most women being housewives lead to a low unemployment rate.
Crime and corruption are so widespread that citizens don't even realise their society is rotten. In fact, in the third world the government is the number one source of crime and corruption so the official statistics cannot be trusted.

Jana
02-13-2023, 09:57 AM
Croatia. Older I am am more I realize how good it is here, granted you have a decent paying job. Honestly I think we have overall near best quality of life in the world. I joked with my friends it is good that people don't know how fantastic we live here, so we don't get flooded with western expats :P

Hungary is in my heart too, ofcourse.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 10:07 AM
I joked with my friends it is good that people don't know how fantastic we live here, so we don't get flooded with western expats :P

Don't you think that's hypocritical considering the huge amount of Croats living abroad?

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:12 AM
Don't you think that's hypocritical considering the huge amount of Croats living abroad?

Are you trolling? Croats living abroad are people with low paying jobs in Croatia, which is why they left. They all would come back tomorrow if they could get a well paying job in Croatia.
Most live poorly in the west, except for money.

From proper middle class upwards everything here is better than almost everyone else. US is literally thirld world in comparison (yes, I lived there).
Our natural beauties, climate, food quality, safety, work-life balance, food, social life, ethnic homogenity and many other things are unprecedented in most of western world and are totally unknown to average westerner.

Spain/Portugal are similar, and better in some aspects but I didn't mention them because of huge immigration they got which ruined lot of things.

Victor
02-13-2023, 10:15 AM
Are you trolling? Croats living abroad are people with low paying jobs in Croatia, which is why they left. They all would come back tomorrow if they could get a well paying job in Croatia.

From proper middle class upwards everything here is better than almost everyone else. US is literally thirld world in comparison (yes, I lived there).
Our natural beauties, climate, food quality, safety, work-life balance, food, social life, ethnic homogenity and many other things are unprecedented in most of western world and are totally unknown to average westerner.

Spain/Portugal are similar, and better in some aspects but I didn't mention them because of huge immigration they got.

Lots of Serbs I know who work abroard are investing in and building big houses at their homeland and do not plan to live in the land they work until the end of the life, they want to live at home and in the lifestyle they got used to.

Victor
02-13-2023, 10:17 AM

That's truth. The problem is that Monnaps cannot even understand what are you talking about.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 10:18 AM

Spain/Portugal are similar, and better in some aspects but I didn't mention them because of huge immigration they got which ruined lot of things.

You're trolling because you complain about a handful of Western professionals moving to Croatia in the future when you are sending all your lumpen to the West.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:19 AM
Lots of Serbs I know who work abroard are investing in and building big houses at their homeland and do not plan to end in the land they work until the end of the life, they want to live at home and in the lifestyle they got used to.

I don't know almost anyone who wants to retire in land they work abroad. Very few do.

If you have money, there is no better place. If you don't, than it isn't. I happen to have enough to enjoy in my homeland :P

Monapps
02-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Lots of Serbs I know who work abroard are investing in and building big houses at their homeland and do not plant to live in the land they work until the end of the life, they want to live at home and in the lifestyle they got used to.

All immigrants say the same but most end up staying forever.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:21 AM
You're trolling because you complain about a handful of Western professionals moving to Croatia in the future when you are sending all your lumpen to the West.

They are welcome here, it's just a joke. Croats are welcoming people. White Europeans are always welcome, grated they are not antifa.
I wouldn't like LGBT+ imported, that all.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:22 AM

Don't replicate US situation to Europe. In Europe most returns to their homeland after retirement. It's non Europeans that don't, for obvious reasons.

Victor
02-13-2023, 10:26 AM

There's a term "German pensioner" in Serbia. Person works in Germany, invests his money in his home, gets the right for a German pension and lives the rest of his life at his homeland with German pension, in good climate, proper food, socially healthy surrounding and socializing, family.

The most important that there are lots of foreigners in Serbia who move there for cheaper and quality life for less money than needed in their homeland. From Russians and Mexicans to Brits, Germans and Americans.

I lived years in Serbia (2011-2016) and I enjoyed it. I would be there if not some personal reasons from 2017 until 2021. We'll see what's gonna be with this war, now I see it morally wrong to leave my homeland and to be associated with those who ran away.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Don't replicate US situation to Europe. In Europe most returns to their homeland after retirement. It's non Europeans that don't, for obvious reasons.

But their offspring stay. The children and grandchildren of Gastarbeiters are still in Germany.

Victor
02-13-2023, 10:34 AM
But their offspring stay. The children and grandchildren of Gastarbeiters are still in Germany.

There was an older guy at whom I rented flat in Serbia, he worked years in construction business. After he returned back home to Novi Sad, he built a new house for himself and wife, another one for his son, he built a third bigger one with numerous flats for renting them, also he has a restaraunt and some business he gave to his son, who never left Serbia in his 30+. It often happens than few members of wider family live and work abroad like mules while others are quite relaxed at the homeland receiving money.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:36 AM

Only if their career isn't lucative in Croatia, otherwise they aren't. We have different mentality, as country of living isn't some company you change on your will.

Croatia isn't corporation but a family and our tribal state that most of people would rather die than abandon for good.

You aren't deeply rooted anywhere so you have no idea what concept of homeland means.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:38 AM
I lived years in Serbia (2011-2016) and I enjoyed it. I would be there if not some personal reasons from 2017 until 2021. We'll see what's gonna be with this war, now I see it morally wrong to leave my homeland and to be associated with those who ran away.

Well, Serbs love Russia, you will feel at home there one day if you decide so. Not all immigrants are the same.

But I know you won't leave Russia now.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Only if their career isn't lucative in Croatia, otherwise they aren't. We have different mentality, as country of living isn't some company you change on your will.

Croatia isn't corporation but a family and our tribal state that most of people would rather die than abandon for good.

You aren't deeply rooted anywhere so you have no idea what concept of homeland means.

C'mon get real. Croatia is around 20%.
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/4237.jpeg

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:52 AM
C'mon get real. Croatia is around 20%.
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/4237.jpeg

And we have among highest emigrant remittances in the world. So? I lived in 3 different countries in 2 different continent. And always came back home.

What I said stands.

You have everything to envy, sadly, because US was much better than it is now once, but it was long ime ago.

Jana
02-13-2023, 10:55 AM
That's truth. The problem is that Monnaps cannot even understand what are you talking about.

Thank God, otherwise there would be a social Revolution in USA. They don't even know Europeans have much better QOL.
In US only high class and some farmers live well.

But I don't see even that staying for too long. Too many non whites now (plus degenerate whites) damage is done.

Hope I'm wrong. I like US.

Monapps
02-13-2023, 11:16 AM
And we have among highest emigrant remittances in the world. So? I lived in 3 different countries in 2 different continent. And always came back home.

What I said stands.

You have everything to envy, sadly, because US was much better than it is now once, but it was long ime ago.

Taking pride in your country being build with the money made in other countries is pretty sad tbh.

You fail to realise that I agree with you but expose your hypocrisy because you don't want for Croatia what your own people do in other nations. No diasporas no problems.

Figueiredo
02-13-2023, 11:27 AM
My favorite countries:
Portugal
Hungary
Austria
Poland
Norway
Croatia
Bulgaria

Until recently, I liked Germany. But Berlin and other central cities became hell. Italy is wonderful, and full of culture, but unfortunately it is full of unpleasant things. But Italians are one of the most amazing people I've ever met.

Jana
02-13-2023, 12:03 PM
Taking pride in your country being build with the money made in other countries is pretty sad tbh.

You fail to realise that I agree with you but expose your hypocrisy because you don't want for Croatia what your own people do in other nations. No diasporas no problems.

I don't care if other countries embrace rootless cosmopolitanism. I don't want that here. It's their problem.

Our Diaspora is wealthy and sucessfull so ofcourse I want them back. I have no intention to support giving our work force and youth to other countries.
In that we agree.

Incal
02-13-2023, 02:35 PM
No diasporas no problems.

That's funny coming from an amurrican. What are you? Apache?

Jingle Bell
02-13-2023, 04:31 PM
Brasil krlh

Gallop
02-13-2023, 04:35 PM
U.S.A.

Cristiano viejo
02-13-2023, 04:46 PM
U.S.A.
WHAT THE FUCK

Just like any third world country. There is no immigration because nobody wants to live in a third world hellhole. Instead, mass emigration is the norm and combined with most women being housewives lead to a low unemployment rate.
Crime and corruption are so widespread that citizens don't even realise their society is rotten. In fact, in the third world the government is the number one source of crime and corruption so the official statistics cannot be trusted.
Japan has no immigration. Third World according you.

Rafael Passoni
02-13-2023, 04:47 PM
Israel.

Gallop
02-13-2023, 04:49 PM
WHAT THE FUCK

I love it. When I was 17 years old I was looking at the possibility of going there, it was a farm and at the same time learning English through the American Institute.

Cristiano viejo
02-13-2023, 04:54 PM
I love it. When I was 17 years old I was looking at the possibility of going there, it was a farm and at the same time learning English through the American Institute.

Estás mal de la cabeza.

NSXD60
02-13-2023, 05:01 PM
Florida

Figueiredo
02-13-2023, 05:43 PM
Brasil krlh
Brasil: Ame-o ou deixe-o.

luc2112
02-13-2023, 05:53 PM
Brazil, All countries have their advantages and disadvantages, so I stick with my own.

luc2112
02-13-2023, 06:27 PM

The statistics are not fake since they cannot manipulate data that are not collected by institutions in their own country. I recommend you look at your country first. Fraudulent Wall Street banks threaten to break the entire US financial system and are "rescued" with government money that they turn into bonds for yourself. Weapons company CEOs make a fortune, his last "democratic" election was suspicious at least and and their oligarchs (oops big millionaires) they are socialists or insane leftists much more harmful to their country than Russian oligarchs.
2nd/3rd world countries have low production and will always have a surplus of labor, this is the reason for the diaspora, some of these countries are not bad to live in as you think.

Gallop
02-13-2023, 06:59 PM
Estás mal de la cabeza.

AMERICA'S FIRST AU PAIR PROGRAM

El Instituto Internacional americano en Madrid ofrece cursos de inglés favoreciendo el intercambio educativo y cultural entre España y los Estados Unidos. :thumb001:

Veo han quitado las granjas. :)

Cristiano viejo
02-13-2023, 07:01 PM
AMERICA'S FIRST AU PAIR PROGRAM

¿Y para qué cojones te ibas a ir a una granja americana? ¿a criar cerdos y vacas o qué? ¿a aprender inglés para qué?

Gallop
02-13-2023, 07:08 PM
¿Y para qué cojones te ibas a ir a una granja americana? ¿a criar cerdos y vacas o qué? ¿a aprender inglés para qué?

Pues la verdad, por eso no me fui, si hubiese sido un plan más atractivo quizá.

luc2112
02-13-2023, 07:20 PM

It would be temporary. Spending a period of time, this is different from moving permanently.

Incal
02-13-2023, 07:26 PM

xD

Incal
02-13-2023, 07:33 PM

Mejor que no fuiste. A lo mejor terminabas como este chaval:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2xr5t-v_4

Gallop
02-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Mejor que no fuiste. A lo mejor terminabas como este chaval:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2xr5t-v_4

Yes I know the video, it was myself who posted it here for the first time.

This kid looks like he ended up in a home for the unbalanced in deep America.

Targum
02-13-2023, 07:47 PM
I always find it funny that Serbs used the word "merak" for this concept (and the person - meraklija), which in Turkish is just about being curious, wondering.

For instance among Bosniaks, Albanians, Bulgarians, Greeks, they rather use the more correct word keyf (ćejf, qejf, kefi, ...) from Ottoman Turkish, from the Arabic "kayf" (also used in Russian through their contact with Muslim minorities) to capture this feeling of enjoying simple stuff, direct, pragmatic, intuitive happiness (as opposed to the more absolute Aristotelian concept "Eudaimonia" or the Epicurean "Ataraxia"). It has even entered French slang through Maghrebian immigrants, who pronounce it "kiff" (also meaning in slang to enjoy).

Regardless the word used, the idea is one of the true essence of the Mediterranean spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MRqrBtoac

Kef is used this way in israeli Hebrew as well; but the source is kef (or kif) meaning smokable Cannabis, usually hashish

Monapps
02-14-2023, 10:07 AM
That's funny coming from an amurrican. What are you? Apache?

Why is it funny? Murricans didn't migrate into inhabited Native American territory and did not join their tribes.
Diasporas as free to move to the middle of Alaska and start their own society there but that's not the reason they are here, are they?

Incal
02-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Why is it funny? Murricans didn't migrate into inhabited Native American territory and did not join their tribes.
Diasporas as free to move to the middle of Alaska and start their own society there but that's not the reason they are here, are they?

My point is Murricans didn't exist back then, new world nations are recent (200 +/- years) so the backbone of the US has been formed by immigrants as well as the rest of the Americas.

Ylla
02-15-2023, 04:32 PM

This is something I don't have at all lol
I'm basically a southern girl with a northern soul/personality.

Atlantic Reptilian
02-15-2023, 04:50 PM
This is something I don't have at all lol
I'm basically a southern girl with a northern soul/personality.

Same here. It's funny how much environment can change ones personality. At the same time it also shows that people can improve given the opportunities.

Cristiano viejo
02-15-2023, 05:09 PM
Same here. It's funny how much environment can change ones personality. At the same time it also shows that people can improve given the opportunities.

improve?? juassss

Jana
02-15-2023, 05:33 PM
Interesting, I'm opposite of Ylla. I feel mentally I fit better to Nigeria than most of Europe tbh....even Croatia is in some ways too northern for me mentally.

Dušan
02-15-2023, 05:51 PM
I feel the best in this southeast Europe where I am, by mentality, way of life, cuisine, everything.

No more northern, or southern.

Dušan
02-15-2023, 05:58 PM
I feel mentally I fit better to Nigeria than most of Europe tbh....even Croatia is in some ways too northern for me mentally.

xD

https://i.imgur.com/d5noafA.jpg

Jana
02-15-2023, 06:04 PM
xD

xD

feel strange attraction towards stuff like this :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NTIY8Qy2f0

Cristiano viejo
02-15-2023, 06:32 PM
xD

Comparing Croacia with Africa is like comparing God with a Gypsy.

Victor
02-15-2023, 06:45 PM
Comparing Croacia with Africa is like comparing God with a Gypsy.

There are some districts in lots of Balkan towns with non regulated, illegal construction which can be compared with Africa in lite mode, for sure, more like favelas.

In Zagreb it's Kozari Bok district, for example.

Btw I like Split a lot. This combo of appartment blocks and houses mixed with Yugoslav blocks in this terrain and climate next to sea. The white color of most of buildings make it look pleasant.

Maybe only hoods like Mertojak seem extreme for me in its block spirit, but they're not that huge and endless, so it's acceptable.

tk'es
02-15-2023, 07:18 PM
no certain country with artificial land borders but every corner of the earth that naturally divided by terrain and oceans

Victor
02-15-2023, 07:25 PM
Interesting, I'm opposite of Ylla. I feel mentally I fit better to Nigeria than most of Europe tbh....even Croatia is in some ways too northern for me mentally.

The only place I really don't like in Balkans is Montenegro seaside. Apart from nice nature it's damn boring. People are boring and arrogant, too down there. If you meet someone cool it's probably Serbian from Serbia, Bosnia, or Macedonian who works there.

Varda
02-15-2023, 09:38 PM
There are some districts in lots of Balkan towns with non regulated, illegal construction which can be compared with Africa in lite mode, for sure, more like favelas.

In Zagreb it's Kozari Bok district, for example.

Btw I like Split a lot. This combo of appartment blocks and houses mixed with Yugoslav blocks in this terrain and climate next to sea. The white color of most of buildings make it look pleasant.

Maybe only hoods like Mertojak seem extreme for me in its block spirit, but they're not that huge and endless, so it's acceptable.

The biggest 'wild' settlement in Serbia is Kaluđerica (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaluđerica), maybe even in the entire Balkans https://www.sd.rs/clanak/muke-stanovnika-najveceg-divljeg-naselja-na-balkanu-17-08-2014
Most of the people who live in Kaluđerica originated from Kosovo and southeastern Serbia. They settled there to be closer to Belgrade where they coming to work since communist period. In 1999. many Serbian refugees from Kosovo came to Kaluđerica.
What is Kaluđerica for southern Serbs, Nova Pazova, Batajnica and partly Zemun are for Krajina Serbs. A lot of Krajišnici settled to these places in communist period to be closer to Belgrade, after 1995. Serbian refugees from Krajina settled in these places where their cousins lived since years or few decades earlier. Krajinian refugees formed also few new settlement like Busije and Grmovac.

Flashball
02-16-2023, 09:21 AM
I don't know, but especially not in Africa.
Probably among mountain dwellers, or hobbit villages in the Frioul, Veneto or Central Europa.

Roy
02-16-2023, 12:59 PM
The only place I really don't like in Balkans is Montenegro seaside. Apart from nice nature it's damn boring. People are boring and arrogant, too down there. If you meet someone cool it's probably Serbian from Serbia, Bosnia, or Macedonian who works there.

It sounds like an exaggerated generalisation unless you spent some longer time here and that's what you base your view on. Also what do tou meant by ''too down there''?

Glauk
02-16-2023, 02:08 PM
At my grandfather estate/farm in kosovo, fresh air,good food, you can see the stars…

I’m planing to buy with my brother a house somewhere in central/south albania for the summer.

Victor
02-16-2023, 02:12 PM
It sounds like an exaggerated generalisation unless you spent some longer time here and that's what you base your view on. Also what do tou meant by ''too down there''?

Remove "too", probably some autorrection. I can't say it's generalization, Montenegro people, especially those who live by the sea are so.

luc2112
02-16-2023, 03:33 PM

Africa has good places:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGADwCpuRmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQQPM2yaKGY

Varda
02-16-2023, 04:08 PM
Remove "too", probably some autorrection. I can't say it's generalization, Montenegro people, especially those who live by the sea are so.

The most arrogant, the most boastful and most prone to violence on average are Montenegrins from Cetinje area (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetinje). Cetinje is birth place of anti-Serbian montenegrism. Cetinje for Montenegro is something as Lavov for Ukraine.

Some of the stereotypes, jokes but also facts a
about Montenegeins:
- They are lazy
- Who are Montenegrins? They are successful Serbs
- They are more tied to tradition than other Serbs, especially they like to glorify own heroic ancestors who killed a bunch of Turks, many Montenegrins know names of every paternal ancestor 15-20 generations back (in some cases even 25)
- Montenegrins are prone to violence and criminal activities, but also tend towards high education more than other Serbs
- Montenegrins rule Serbia for decades or even centuries
- Montenegrins are the only people who curse each other's father ('I fuck your father'), because if they cursed each other's mother blood would fall (in Yugoslavian People's Army was know 'never curse mother to Montenegrin and Albanian, it can end fatally').
- They are sometimes Serbs and sometimes Montenegrins, depending on personal benefit at the time
- In Serbia they are connected clannish, and Montenegrins in high positions employ other Montenegrins - own relatives, members of their tribe and countrymen
- What do Montenegrins do when the war starts? They run to the mountains / What they do when the war ends? They come down from the mountains, and give medals/badges to each other
- What would happen if Montenegrins had glowing eyes? Belgrade would shine like Las Vegas

https://youtu.be/YFAO-YExt20

capocannoniere
02-16-2023, 04:24 PM
Probably among mountain dwellers, or hobbit villages in the Frioul, Veneto or Central Europa.

Are Venetians hobbits? I always thought we were some of the tallest in Italy lol

Jana
02-16-2023, 04:28 PM

For some reason I was never attracted to Montenegrin coast either. Kotor Bay has notoriously bad climate (altho fyord like setting is spectacular, but I'm not into mountains) and coast in general seems harsh, with deep sea, no islands (seeing open sea creeps me out, I dislike that abour Dubrovnik region too in general) neither that good beaches, it's very harsh in general.

I'm more interested in Albanian sand beaches and low lying coast (that's something different!) and ofcourse Greece.

Southern MNE is interesting tho, around Ulcinj, it has strong MENA like vibe and is very exotic plus giant sand beach. My parents said they felt Arab vibe there and that it's quite different from rest of Montenegrin coast that's Dalmatian like, but harsher.

Jana
02-16-2023, 04:30 PM
Are Venetians hobbits? I always thought we were some of the tallest in Italy lol

You're right, Venetians are among tallest Italians for sure. Maybe the tallest even (just a guess).

capocannoniere
02-16-2023, 04:43 PM
You're right, Venetians are among tallest Italians for sure. Maybe the tallest even (just a guess).

But Italy is a strange place when it comes to people's height tbh, most research has a pretty big gap. In Veneto's case especially, extrapolating the concepts of phenotypes, the region is predominantly Dinaric, Atlanto-Mediterranean and Alpinid.

So you have at the same time those that probably are the shortest in europe mixing with the tallest.

Varda
02-16-2023, 05:03 PM
For some reason I was never attracted to Montenegrin coast either. Kotor Bay has notoriously bad climate (altho fyord like setting is spectacular, but I'm not into mountains) and coast in general seems harsh, with deep sea, no islands (seeing open sea creeps me out, I dislike that abour Dubrovnik region too in general) neither that good beaches, it's very harsh in general.

I'm more interested in Albanian sand beaches and low lying coast (that's something different!) and ofcourse Greece.

Southern MNE is interesting tho, around Ulcinj, it has strong MENA like vibe and is very exotic plus giant sand beach. My parents said they felt Arab vibe there and that it's quite different from rest of Montenegrin coast that's Dalmatian like, but harsher.

Bay of Kotor receive high amount of rain from autumn to spring. For example Risan has about 3500 mm of precipitation per year on average (about 8X more than Athens, and almost 4.5X more than Rome) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Kotor#Climate
From May/June to September weather is stable, and rain is rare in that period.

There is 3 reasons why i did go to Albania and not in Montenegro last summer:
1. The Montenegrin coast is very expensive for years, even many westerners were shocked how expensive it is last few years
2. Many locals on Montenegrin coast including employed in tourism are rude and arrogant
3. I wanted to see something new

I did not repent for Albania, it was quite better than i expected. I looking for Greece, Turkey or again Albania for the next summer.

Cristiano viejo
02-16-2023, 05:19 PM

This happens everywhere. Where do you think Gypsies in Spain live? in legal buildings? :rolleyes:

Well some do: in buildings gifted by the authorities, entire neighborhoods which they converted in no go zones and true shitholes, full of trash, dirty and violent :rolleyes:

Atlantic Reptilian
02-17-2023, 05:07 PM
Anglo-Saxon sphere despite its flaws :thumb001:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/USA_Flag_Map.svg/1083px-USA_Flag_Map.svg.png
The thing is, everything is generic, both old and new, so I will eventually even see the boring stuff in old buildings too.

RogueState
02-17-2023, 05:25 PM

Ulcinj is full of Albanians (residents or tourists) and then Sandzaklije, and if you hear Serbo-Croatian there, they are for sure from our region. I think it's exaggerated to say there is a MENA or Arab vibe, but given the ethnic composition, you'll :
- hear five times a day the "ezan" (adhan- the call to prayer in Arabic) from mosques (there is one just next to Small beach (Mala plaza))
- see many cevabdzinice (qebaptore) and grilled meat outside (rostilj) with the charcoal smoke (cumur) that can give a more "southern" feeling/flavour when walking outside to compared other sea resorts with more "internal" restaurants
- hear the Tallava loud music from every shops/cafés/restaurants/ with excessive darbuka, zurna (zurla), tapani, def, ... beats that give also a more "exotic" rythm than other sea resorts with more "mainstrean European" sounds. E.g. this kind of "background" music :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqExFSMDCEA

So I can somehow understand people from Croatia finding it more "exotic"

Victor
02-17-2023, 05:27 PM
Ulcinj is full of Albanians (residents or tourists) and then Sandzaklije, and if you hear Serbo-Croatian there, they are for sure from our region. I think it's exaggerated to say there is a MENA or Arab vibe, but given the ethnic composition, you'll :
- hear five times a day the "ezan" (adhan- the call to prayer in Arabic) from mosques (there is one just next to Small beach (Mala plaza))
- see many cevabdzinice (qebaptore) and grilled meat outside (rostilj) with the charcoal smoke (cumur) that can give a more "southern" feeling/flavour when walking outside to compared other sea resorts with more "internal" restaurants
- hear the Tallava loud music from every shops/cafés/restaurants/ with excessive darbuka, zurna (zurla), tapani, def, ... beats that give also a more "exotic" rythm than other sea resorts with more "mainstrean European" sounds. E.g. this kind of "background" music :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqExFSMDCEA

You can hear azan in Bar, no need to go east to Ulcinj xD

RogueState
02-17-2023, 05:31 PM
You can hear azan in Bar, no need to go east to Ulcinj xD

Bar is the second city on the Montenegro shore with largest Sandzak Muslims community

Vid Flumina
02-17-2023, 08:29 PM

Thats not saying much though :D Last time I visited there I was still growing but I recently saw pictures of my uncle (who is around my height) with relatives and he dwarfed everyone in photos- unlike with piedmontese side of the family. Maybe it's the specific area 5-10km from Friuli and Vicenza/Verona is a bit different story

capocannoniere
02-17-2023, 08:39 PM
Thats not saying much though :D Last time I visited there I was still growing but I recently saw pictures of my uncle (who is around my height) with relatives & ext. families and he dwarfed everyone in photos- unlike with piedmontese side of the family. Maybe it's the specific area 5-10km from Friuli and Vicenza/Verona is a bit different story

The closest to the Alps the shorter they are probably, just like the Swiss.

South Brazilian "Colonos" like me are not much of a parameter because it's a big mix of Venetians, Lombards, Tyrolese and Friulans, but my father's side is pretty tall, my father is 180cm and there's an uncle that is like 190cm. My maternal uncle is very short though, probably under 170cm. I ended up at 178, bang average.

Atlantic Reptilian
02-18-2023, 08:09 AM
From the area where my ancestry is from, I have been told that after the war of the 1990s religious buildings and their sounds, be it from churches or mosques, started to become more frequent and louder (the political situation getting more polarized). Have you noticed the same? I'm from a very secular family, so these things come off as annoyances and are looked at as backwards (despite religion).

RogueState
02-18-2023, 02:36 PM
From the area where my ancestry is from, I have been told that after the war of the 1990s religious buildings and their sounds, be it from churches or mosques, started to become more frequent and louder (the political situation getting more polarized). Have you noticed the same? I'm from a very secular family, so these things come off as annoyances and are looked at as backwards (despite religion).

There were always mosques in my town, we were much less infected by the Yugo-Communist nostalgia than in Bosnia (although you can find old people saying it was better before, but that's everywhere in the world, older people have always a bias of nostalgia of their youth, when they were at their prime physically and mentally, and tend therefore to romanticize the past, not being always objective).

The Communist regime restricted the construction of mosques, pushed for secularization, the trainings of imams (hodza). Now elhamdulillah, we have more and more mosques, veiled women, students at medrese (and also young kids going to mekteb), hafiz, students going studying abroad. I cannot stress how good rahmetli Muftija Zukorlic was for having completely rebuild the Islamic Community (Islamska Zajednica aka Mesihat), in terms of leadership like a professional business entrepreneur, out of the ashes of old Communist regime. Now the seeds have been growing and we have younger generations of leaders (uleme) of high quality (that I know some personally).

Kriptc06
02-18-2023, 02:46 PM
I don't have a favorite tbh, but out of the top of my head, goes Malta obviously, Italy, specially the South, Spain, Portugal and Ireland, tho I've never visited it.
Ultimately It's best to live semi-isolated from big countries chaos, not much is needed to live a good life.

Atlantic Reptilian
02-18-2023, 02:51 PM
There were always mosques in my town, we were much less infected by the Yugo-Communist nostalgia than in Bosnia (although you can find old people saying it was better before, but that's everywhere in the world, older people have always a bias of nostalgia of their youth, when they were at their prime physically and mentally, and tend therefore to romanticize the past, not being always objective).

The Communist regime restricted the construction of mosques, pushed for secularization, the trainings of imams (hodza). Now elhamdulillah, we have more and more mosques, veiled women, students at medrese (and also young kids going to mekteb), hafiz, students going studying abroad. I cannot stress how good rahmetli Muftija Zukorlic was for having completely rebuild the Islamic Community (Islamska Zajednica aka Mesihat), in terms of leadership like a professional business entrepreneur, out of the ashes of old Communist regime. Now the seeds have been growing and we have younger generations of leaders (uleme) of high quality (that I know some personally).

Interesting development. Yes, seems like the political situation is/was more different compared to Bosnia.

Gallop
02-18-2023, 04:32 PM
My second and third favorite countries after the U.S.A. are: France and Russia. :)

Cristiano viejo
02-18-2023, 11:53 PM
My second and third favorite countries after the U.S.A. are: France and Russia. :)

I start to doubt you are really Spanish.

Gallop
02-19-2023, 11:37 AM
I start to doubt you are really Spanish.

Que elegancia la de Francia! :rotfl:

I don't mix politics with the topic of favorite countries, but rather based on cultural and aesthetic aspects.

Jana
02-19-2023, 11:45 AM
I like Portugal a lot (and many Croats do). I see some unexpected overlaps between us.

Cristiano viejo
02-19-2023, 01:16 PM
Que elegancia la de Francia! :rotfl:

I don't mix politics with the topic of favorite countries, but rather based on cultural and aesthetic aspects.

France is one of the most disliked countries in Spain, if not the most.

At the end it seems it is true Andalusians are different in mentality than the true Spaniards :whistle:

Mortimer
02-19-2023, 01:45 PM

Austria is a good choice. But really MANY austrians really do not like foreigners. But it is weird they tell me that though. They are polite and friendly but i agree they "keep to themselfes" and sometimes you get a insight into their thinking, if they tell you they dont like foreigners. In hospital some older guys i shared a room with told me that, they really hate foreigners, they said not croats but for example turks or afghans etc. They made fun of gypsies, like saying "this guy was quiete the gypsy, clever, and street-smart he was not green behind the ears, etc." kinda like a criminal.

Mortimer
02-19-2023, 01:52 PM

Austria is for many reasons a good choice, you mentioned some reasons like well preserved nature and clean. I notice from personal experience that in Austria we have less political extremes, and less "freaks" I hear from americans they encounter many crossdressers, trans, faggots etc. at workplace, uni or school, or in their neighbourhood, i never saw any such guys here, nor ever was one my neighbour like a gay couple, i dont have any in my family, americans often have on one in their own family, like a son of a cousin is gay or trans etc. That is another reason, for me to like Austria. A third reason is affordable high living standards, and more social security then in the USA for example.

Beowulf
02-19-2023, 01:55 PM
i always liked a lot Norway and Iceland but also Canada

Todesritter
02-19-2023, 02:55 PM
Austria is a good choice. But really MANY austrians really do not like foreigners. But it is weird they tell me that though. They are polite and friendly but i agree they "keep to themselfes" and sometimes you get a insight into their thinking, if they tell you they dont like foreigners. In hospital some older guys i shared a room with told me that, they really hate foreigners, they said not croats but for example turks or afghans etc. They made fun of gypsies, like saying "this guy was quiete the gypsy, clever, and street-smart he was not green behind the ears, etc." kinda like a criminal.

That's part of why I like them. I also do not like non-european foreigners in Europe and wouldn't even think of moving to an area that welcomes muslim migrants with open arms.

Mortimer
02-19-2023, 03:01 PM
That's part of why I like them. I also do not like non-european foreigners in Europe and wouldn't even think of moving to an area that welcomes muslim migrants with open arms.

I know it was obvious I just mention it because you said
Austria

Mortimer
02-20-2023, 05:51 AM

To be fair, I guess in most countries people do not like foreigners, so Austria doesnt stick out really. I just read here on TA, how the Irish painted swastikas and demolished the homes of "refugee welcome persons". And I guess the further east you go in countries like Hungary, or in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland they even hate foreigners more. But as someone who is a foreigner in Austria, that was my first what I had on mind, sorry.

Todesritter
02-21-2023, 08:19 AM
To be fair, I guess in most countries people do not like foreigners, so Austria doesnt stick out really. I just read here on TA, how the Irish painted swastikas and demolished the homes of "refugee welcome persons". And I guess the further east you go in countries like Hungary, or in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland they even hate foreigners more. But as someone who is a foreigner in Austria, that was my first what I had on mind, sorry.

Shocking, maybe not all inhabitants of the British islands are utterly lost?

I agree with the latter, but outside of perhaps Czechs, I do not like the mentality of slavs and hungarians, there is a particular materialism, nihilism in the approach to surroundings, self and history which also reflects itself in the approach to politics and others. While they battle more against modernism, communism has ruined the mentality and culture of these nations even more than whatever their prior problems with lack of innovation, drive and self-determination were and outside of tourist hotspots and often beautiful nature, visiting places where regular people live in these countries is straight up depressing, outside of places that had long been under Prussia or Habsburgs directly and the rich settlements of nobility it's joyless. You couldn't pay me enough money to go live in Hungary or Poland unless I got a castle out of it for free.

CarloMont
02-22-2023, 02:58 PM
Japan South Korea because I like their culture

Agree, those two countries also enjoy a low immigration rate:

Japan: 2.77 million (2.2% of total population of 126.5 million)

South Korea: 1.73 million (3.3%, total population of 51.4 million)

And most of those immigrants come from nearby populations.

These countries do not promote immigration, aren't on the spot for being called "racists" by not adopting "diversity", enjoy a thriving economy, and most importantly, their legacy is not endangered by foreign people mixing with the native population.

rajputprincess
02-22-2023, 03:07 PM
Agree, those two countries also enjoy a low immigration rate:

Japan: 2.77 million (2.2% of total population of 126.5 million)

South Korea: 1.73 million (3.3%, total population of 51.4 million)

And most of those immigrants come from nearby populations.

These countries do not promote immigration, aren't on the spot for being called "racists" by not adopting "diversity", enjoy a thriving economy, and most importantly, their legacy is not endangered by foreign people mixing with the native population.Immigration is increasing there.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336899918_International_marriages_in_the_South_Kor ea_-_characteristic_of_the_phenomenon

13.6 ℅ marriage in Korea are international. It is extremely common for Korean men to marry thai Vietnamese Filipino women.
Immigrants is also increasing there. It is slowly but surely happening and they already have less kids and are old. Immigrants usually are young.

Blazhe
02-22-2023, 03:19 PM
Australia :thumb001:

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-22-2023, 03:32 PM
Other than my own, I suppose Japan. Although I wouldn't want to live there. Since I was young I've been attracted to its history. I was really into Samurais. I enjoy old Japanese samurai films. Hate that gay anime shit, though.

Incal
02-22-2023, 05:12 PM
Other than my own, I suppose Japan. Although I wouldn't want to live there. Since I was young I've been attracted to its history. I was really into Samurais. I enjoy old Japanese samurai films. Hate that gay anime shit, though.

It's funny. When I was a kid my dream was to live in Japan precisely because of that. When I reached my 20's I opened my eyes and realized Japan was a place full of flesh robots and really miserable to live in. But now that I reached my 40's and I realized that I can entertain myself and don't need from anyone else and japanese women love to cheat I wouldn't really mind to live there a couple of years or more.

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-22-2023, 09:21 PM
It's funny. When I was a kid my dream was to live in Japan precisely because of that. When I reached my 20's I opened my eyes and realized Japan was a place full of flesh robots and really miserable to live in. But now that I reached my 40's and I realized that I can entertain myself and don't need from anyone else and japanese women love to cheat I wouldn't really mind to live there a couple of years or more.

Japanese anime from our younger years isn't like the gay shit now. As with anything, companies are motivated by what sells. They realize there are a lot of young dorky, fag kids in the West (and in Japan), and so they cater to them.

A Japanese woman would never cheat on me because my penis is powerful.

Dick
02-22-2023, 11:52 PM
Japanese anime from our younger years isn't like the gay shit now. As with anything, companies are motivated by what sells. They realize there are a lot of young dorky, fag kids in the West (and in Japan), and so they cater to them.

A Japanese woman would never cheat on me because my penis is powerful.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41wlULs3hfL.jpg

Varda
02-23-2023, 02:51 PM
The biggest 'wild' settlement in Serbia is Kaluđerica (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaluđerica), maybe even in the entire Balkans https://www.sd.rs/clanak/muke-stanovnika-najveceg-divljeg-naselja-na-balkanu-17-08-2014
Most of the people who live in Kaluđerica originated from Kosovo and southeastern Serbia. They settled there to be closer to Belgrade where they coming to work since communist period. In 1999. many Serbian refugees from Kosovo came to Kaluđerica.
What is Kaluđerica for southern Serbs, Nova Pazova, Batajnica and partly Zemun are for Krajina Serbs. A lot of Krajišnici settled to these places in communist period to be closer to Belgrade, after 1995. Serbian refugees from Krajina settled in these places where their cousins lived since years or few decades earlier. Krajinian refugees formed also few new settlement like Busije and Grmovac.

Krajina Serbs become majority in Nova Pazova and Batajnica after WW2 in the period of communist Yugoslavia, they settled in these places because they are close to Belgrade. Before WW2 Nova Pazova was predominantly German (Volksdeutche) village (they left village after WW2), and Batajnica was Serbian village (of non-Serbs there was only 2 German houses). Due to migrations of Krajinians in the next 20-30 years after WW2 these villages have transformed in suburban settlements of Belgrade. In 1948. Batajnica had only 3.674 inhabitants, in 1981. 18.599, in 1991 24.374, and in 2011. almost 33.000 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batajnica#Demographics). Nova Pazova from 4.604 in 1948, reached 18.214 in 2002 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Pazova#Historical_population).

Dušan
03-01-2023, 09:27 PM

Russia and Greece.

Foghorn
03-01-2023, 09:30 PM
Mongolia, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia.

sanhadji
07-16-2023, 05:22 PM
qatar it's safe modern prosperous and people there are educated with no weirdos such as bums lgbt ...

LaSentinelle
07-16-2023, 05:27 PM
Norway, Finland, Switzerland, the US, France before it started taking on immigrants and Russia before 1917.

tk'es
07-16-2023, 05:34 PM
countries in red-orange

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/courses-images-archive-read-only/wp-content/uploads/sites/578/2015/05/21165116/CNX_Soc2e_Figure_10_01_002.jpg

parsley
07-16-2023, 05:36 PM
Sudan and Ethiopia

robertb
07-16-2023, 06:21 PM
LOL I just love Europeans that go to NYC, LA, Chicago and etc. that think they know about the US. To top it off some from Balkan countries calling us 3rd world, I'd love to compare my very rural home to rural homes there.

Like a couple posters in Australia hate the Anglo world and not anywhere as great as ____or____. lol Nigga there are flights every day back to____. Truth is you have lived there 20 years and to good to work for peanuts but any day now your moving back.

I'm on a roll so I'll go on.;) My wife is Russian and so lots of family and friends there and I really love Russia. A few on here from western countries want to live there, Russians would eat them alive and the average American would commit suicide dealing with red tape.

My not really serious rant is you don't really know a country until you'll lived it and worked it like the natives. All countries even the poorest are great and fun when you have a pocket full and just having fun.

Hithaeglir
07-16-2023, 06:23 PM
France because it has everything I want.

Rædwald
07-16-2023, 06:26 PM
Aside from my own, Norway. Some of the most beautiful landscapes I've seen.

Jana
07-16-2023, 06:39 PM
Hungary. Hungary is contry that I will always love amost equaly to my own. Hungary shaped chapter of my life, and welcomed me as one of their own. I am huge lover of Hungarian language, history, people, culture...even landscapes. I love everything about Hungary.

Forever in my heart.

ugochaves
07-16-2023, 06:42 PM
Philippines - Forever in my heart.

Incal
07-18-2023, 03:16 PM
Philippines - Forever in my heart.

Same.

zyungh
07-19-2023, 06:46 PM
I really like Scotland, France and Norway.