PDA

View Full Version : Classify Cornish Australian footballer Harold Oliver

Beraud
02-24-2023, 10:16 PM
Born in Australia but both his parents were from Cornwall.

117772 117773

Odelia
02-25-2023, 01:34 AM
Kelto brunn

Beraud
02-25-2023, 07:28 AM
Bump

Beraud
02-25-2023, 07:35 AM
Kelto brunn

What do you mean ? Keltic Nordic + Brunn ? Is there really no mediterranean influence to you ?

Creoda
02-25-2023, 07:54 AM
Oscure reference, he is barely known of outside South Australia.

Obviously Mediterranean looking from the pics.

Beraud
02-25-2023, 04:36 PM
Oscure reference, he is barely known of outside South Australia.

Obviously Mediterranean looking from the pics.

I found him on the "Cornish People" wikipedia page.

Creoda
02-25-2023, 06:33 PM
I found him on the "Cornish People" wikipedia page.
Fair enough, I had heard of him (unlike many of the Australians posted here). More Cornish of note here historically than anywhere, even Britain, but there's no Cornish community to speak of anymore, they're just mixed into the Anglo-Celtic majority.

Blazhe
02-25-2023, 06:47 PM
Fair enough, I had heard of him (unlike many of the Australians posted here). More Cornish of note here historically than anywhere, even Britain, but there's no Cornish community to speak of anymore, they're just mixed into the Anglo-Celtic majority.

Let's face it. Australian society has destroyed the smaller Isles community identity and just made one big Anglo-Celtic porridge mush. It's hardly better the North American mutts and even us Balkan Australians are more pure.

Beowulf
02-25-2023, 06:48 PM
Atlanto-med i think

Beraud
02-25-2023, 07:18 PM

Yeah Ive read there are more people who identify as Cornish in Australia than even in Britain or something like that, but yeah I don't think their identity is any different from the other Anglo-Celts, just like the identity of the actual Cornish in Enland is kind of a LARP today anyway

Creoda
02-25-2023, 07:19 PM
Let's face it. Australian society has destroyed the smaller Isles community identity and just made one big Anglo-Celtic porridge mush. It's hardly better the North American mutts
It's not such a bad thing, the Catholic-Protestant or Irish-British divide has all too often been used as a political wedge. I'm glad that problem has been mixed out of contention here, but I'm biased.

even us Balkan Australians are more pure.
For now.