PDA

View Full Version : Argentina or Serbia: Where would you rather live?

capocannoniere
02-27-2023, 05:13 PM
Expanding the trend. Fairer than Brazil v Serbia, at least in theory. Anywhere other than Slovenia or Croatia is fair game in the Balkans tbh.

alnortedelsur
02-27-2023, 05:22 PM
Argentina

Hektor12
02-27-2023, 05:26 PM
Argentina

Annie999
02-27-2023, 05:34 PM
I need to know more about Serbia to properly decide.

Jacques de Imbelloni
02-27-2023, 06:11 PM
Yugoslavia in the 80's.

Cristiano viejo
02-27-2023, 06:22 PM
Yugoslavia in the 80's.

Road to the war, yeah makes sense.

Rumata
02-27-2023, 06:36 PM
Serbia > any American country

Incal
02-27-2023, 06:46 PM
Tough one really. But I think South America is done so maybe Serbia.

capocannoniere
02-27-2023, 06:47 PM
partizan la concha de su madre, aguante estrella roja
ya dije que el mariscal tito era hincha de estudiantes???

Marshall Theodore
02-27-2023, 06:47 PM
Serbia

capocannoniere
02-27-2023, 06:48 PM
Tough one really. But I think South America is done so maybe Serbia.

Belgrade or Buenos Aires?

Figueiredo
02-27-2023, 07:14 PM
Serbia.
If you ask me to choose between a European country and a country outside Europe, I will always choose the European one.

Incal
02-27-2023, 07:33 PM
Belgrade or Buenos Aires?

Qué difícil me la ponés... Belgrade but next to the Argentina embassy :biggrin:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqAAf5hWwAMghym?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

alnortedelsur
02-27-2023, 07:45 PM
Serbia.
If you ask me to choose between a European country and a country outside Europe, I will always choose the European one.

Even if Argentina has a very high European contribution (lots of whites, plus most of their mixed people are very Euro mixed), its Euro blood is mostly Iberian and Italian, its culture is predominately European/western, and its language and culture is much closer to Portuguese culture than Serbia?

If you were comparing living in Serbia with living in Africa or in India or in Tuvalu, or even if you were comparing living in Serbia with living in a new world Anglo country (known for their cold/boring culture compared to most of Europe), I would understand if you preferred Serbia in that case. But preferring Serbia over the most European influenced part of South America, being great part of its Euro contribution Iberian, and with an Iberian/Italian based culture, like Argentina? Cmon!

alnortedelsur
02-27-2023, 07:54 PM
I need to know more about Serbia to properly decide.

Serbia must a be very cool country, and probably not adhered to the woke BS like most western countries are, which is a very good thing; but it has a Slavic language and culture very different from yours. If I were Uruguayan I would feel much more at home in Argentina, and wouldn't think it twice in preferring Argentina over Serbia, which is a very far away country very different from the culture you grown up with.

Latinus
02-27-2023, 07:59 PM
Argentina. Why? Because I would feel more at home there than in Serbia, and Argentina is one of my favourite Latam countries alongside Cuba, Mexico... but if you asked between Argentina and an Europan powerhouse like Germany or England, or even Italy, I would choose the latter ones.

Argentina only has whiteness to brag about, in the end, it's just a typical disfunctional Latam country, better than average, of course, but nothing spetactular, in Brazil you have entire regions and states that have better HDI and industries than Argentina.

But one thing Argentina mog us for sure is by being more educated, they read a lot more than us.

capocannoniere
02-27-2023, 08:31 PM
Argentina. Why? Because I would feel more at home there than in Serbia, and Argentina is one of my favourite Latam countries alongside Cuba, Mexico... but if you asked between Argentina and an Europan powerhouse like Germany or England, or even Italy, I would choose the latter ones.

Argentina only has whiteness to brag about, in the end, it's just a typical disfunctional Latam country, better than average, of course, but nothing spetactular, in Brazil you have entire regions and states that have better HDI and industries than Argentina.

But one thing Argentina mog us for sure is by being more educated, they read a lot more than us.

You summarized the same opinion I have about my countries. Argentines are classy and can be very intelligent, but still have most of the typical sudaca issues.

Figueiredo
02-27-2023, 08:37 PM
Even if Argentina has a very high European contribution (lots of whites, plus most of their mixed people are very Euro mixed), its Euro blood is mostly Iberian and Italian, its culture is predominately European/western, and its language and culture is much closer to Portuguese culture than Serbia?

If you were comparing living in Serbia with living in Africa or in India or in Tuvalu, or even if you were comparing living in Serbia with living in a new world Anglo country (known for their cold/boring culture compared to most of Europe), I would understand if you preferred Serbia in that case. But preferring Serbia over the most European influenced part of South America, being great part of its Euro contribution Iberian, and with an Iberian/Italian based culture, like Argentina? Cmon!

I have the right to prefer Serbia, regardless of the distance between Serbs and Mediterraneans. Live for a week in Argentina. Then live a week in Serbia. Draw conclusions for yourself.

Tsuin
02-28-2023, 12:31 AM
Argentina

Mingle
02-28-2023, 12:36 AM
Expanding the trend. Fairer than Brazil v Serbia, at least in theory. Anywhere other than Slovenia or Croatia is fair game in the Balkans tbh.
You should add a public poll option.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 01:28 AM
You should add a public poll option.

done :thumb001:

Rumata
02-28-2023, 04:52 AM
done :thumb001:

The voices are hidden in it unfortunately.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 05:40 AM
The voices are hidden in it unfortunately.

Whoever wants to show its vote does it on the board. Easier for it to be a sincere poll if a vote is kept in secret.

Rumata
02-28-2023, 05:42 AM
Whoever wants to show its vote does it on the board. Easier for it to be a sincere poll if a vote is kept in secret.
There's no point to keep a vote secret.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 05:45 AM
There's no point to keep a vote secret.

If you think so, publish your vote. Anyways even if I wanted the poll to be exposed I can't change it now.

Rumata
02-28-2023, 05:49 AM
If you think so, publish your vote. Anyways even if I wanted the poll to be exposed I can't change it now.
I know you can't change the existing poll so I speak generally.
Yes, I can post my vote in the thread and I've done it. The problem is I can't view other votes if I want. In case of this poll I think I know how many members vote though :D

Serbia > any American country

Jana
02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Argentine Pampas.

J.Haddadd
02-28-2023, 01:33 PM

Argentina feels way more safe than Brazil, it's true that Brazilian extreme violence is concentrated mostly on some few disfunctional neighbourhoods, but theft can be found in all Brazilian big cities while in Buenos Aires it's more common to be scammed than robbed.

Annie999
02-28-2023, 02:23 PM
Serbia must a be very cool country, and probably not adhered to the woke BS like most western countries are, which is a very good thing; but it has a Slavic language and culture very different from yours. If I were Uruguayan I would feel much more at home in Argentina, and wouldn't think it twice in preferring Argentina over Serbia, which is a very far away country very different from the culture you grown up with.

I have considered all that. But I know first hand that nowadays it's impossible to live in Argentina. My husband and his family are Argentines, we have a home in Buenos Aires too, so I know very well how bad things are there. Culture is important when choosing a place to live, sure, but if you can't reach the end of the month because of the disastrous economy, or can't walk in the street because of the violence/desperation of the citizens, then it's better to live somewhere else.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 02:28 PM
Argentina feels way more safe than Brazil, it's true that Brazilian extreme violence is concentrated mostly on some few disfunctional neighbourhoods, but theft can be found in all Brazilian big cities while in Buenos Aires it's more common to be scammed than robbed.

Agreed, much more safe, look at the homicide rates for a parameter. Whenever I watch crime news in Argentina I laugh at how mild it is compared to the shit we saw in Brazil.

Crime in Argentina is much more petty than violent. Just watch your pockets, backpacks and don't leave your bike laying around and not much will happen to you.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 02:34 PM
I have considered all that. But I know first hand that nowadays it's impossible to live in Argentina. My husband and his family are Argentines, we have a home in Buenos Aires too, so I know very well how bad things are there. Culture is important when choosing a place to live, sure, but if you can't reach the end of the month because of the disastrous economy, or can't walk in the street because of the violence/desperation of the citizens, then it's better to live somewhere else.

¿En dónde tienen la casa? ¿En la 1-11-14? xD

But yes, the economy is tough indeed. Another thing I can't stand is the bureaucracy. Now saying it's impossible is an overstatement. I'm from one of the richest regions of Brazil and still Argentinians are much happier with what they've got. Perhaps it's a consequence of the economy, but it's a relief to me that people here are not nearly as money obsessed and enjoy things more important in life.

Annie999
02-28-2023, 02:56 PM
¿En dónde tienen la casa? ¿En la 1-11-14? xD

What a tasteless comment. The home is in zona norte in a decent neighborhood, but the location of our home has little to do with the violence experienced in the streets. It happens everywhere, people are angry, sad, poor, you get a combo of all bad things and you have to interact with that environment regardless of where you live.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 03:18 PM
What a tasteless comment. The home is in zona norte in a decent neighborhood, but the location of our home has little to do with the violence experienced in the streets. It happens everywhere, people are angry, sad, poor, you get a combo of all bad things and you have to interact with that environment regardless of where you live.

No entiendas mal lo que sabés muy bien que fue un chiste. Es obvio que no tienen la casa en una villa y a mí no me importa, si uno vive por estos lados no elige hacerlo, hay mucha gente buena en las villas así como hay en barrios de clase media.

Yo viví en La Plata, voy a la capital esta semana, conocí al centro, Palermo, Boedo y Caballito, y lo que decís está muy lejos de lo que veo. Yo crecí en un país lleno de carteles de droga y aúnque en lo que es su mejor región, ya tuve contacto con pobreza y desespero sin tamaño.

Salí um poco más a la calle, no te quedes mirando las noticias en la tele y así vas a percibir que es un país normal con sus problemas y no el infierno en la tierra.

Yo vine a la Argentina y no me arrepentí en ningún momento. Es increíble que haya tanto cipayismo e ingratitud con un país que le da todo a los inmigrantes.

Lo más gracioso es que no le diste bola a mi segundo párrafo, porque sabés muy bien que se te fue la mano con este verso de "las calles son imposibles de caminar".

alnortedelsur
02-28-2023, 03:20 PM

Is it that bad in there that you cannot even walk in the streets? That would be a pity, because I'm planing on doing a trip to Argentina any time soon.

You know that Venezuela is known for being very dangerous country, and yet the safety of the country has improved during these last few years, up to the point that in great part of Caracas and other Venezuelan cities you can walk down the street relatively calmly (at least in places with lots of commercial activity and many people around), even showing your cell without being robbed, as it can be seen in many videos I have posted in my thread about the current situation in Venezuela.

I'm sure, however, that Argentina must be even more safer than Venezuela, even if Venezuela is not that unsafe as it was 4-5 years ago.

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 03:25 PM
Is it that bad in there that you cannot even walk in the streets? That would be a pity, because I'm planing on doing a trip to Argentina any time soon.

An unsensible exaggeration. I wish I could just post a vlog of me walking through Buenos Aires to debunk this stuff.

You may see vagabonds and people trying to sell you crap? Sometimes. Now go to NY or Los Angeles and see if the same will not happen.

Incal
02-28-2023, 05:15 PM

No le hagas caso a ese subnormal que vive en una autocracia y no tiene ni puta idea de nada. Claro para él el voto no debería ser secreto porque siempre gana Putin así que le da lo mismo pero no todos vivimos en esa tundra que atraviesa Eurasia.

Agreed, much more safe, look at the homicide rates for a parameter. Whenever I watch crime news in Argentina I laugh at how mild it is compared to the shit we saw in Brazil.

¿Y a qué crees que se deba esa diferencia?

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 05:24 PM
¿Y a qué crees que se deba esa diferencia?

Aúnque puteenos al Peronismo, y con razón, no se niega que la presencia del Estado en casi todos lados hace las cosas menos difíciles. No hay mafias y huecos de poder tán grandes acá como para que ocurra lo de Brasil, en dónde tenés carteles controlando a barrios y ciudades enteras y dispersándose intra e internacionalmente.

Repito que cuando hablo bien de la Argentina no quiere decir que soy un apologista apasionado de este país, o que odio a Brasil. Hay crimen, obviamente. Pero no se puede organizar tán bien a punto de que tengan pequeños ejércitos.

reboun
02-28-2023, 06:23 PM
Argentina

Incal
02-28-2023, 06:56 PM
Aúnque puteenos al Peronismo, y con razón, no se niega que la presencia del Estado en casi todos lados hace las cosas menos difíciles. No hay mafias y huecos de poder tán grandes acá como para que ocurra lo de Brasil, en dónde tenés carteles controlando a barrios y ciudades enteras y dispersándose intra e internacionalmente.

Repito que cuando hablo bien de la Argentina no quiere decir que soy un apologista apasionado de este país, o que odio a Brasil. Hay crimen, obviamente. Pero no se puede organizar tán bien a punto de que tengan pequeños ejércitos.

No claro, te comprendo. Lo del crimen en Brasil es brutal mientras que en Argentina es mucho más controlado, a veces incluso hasta da risa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgTlmb3f9E

capocannoniere
02-28-2023, 07:02 PM
No claro, te comprendo. Lo del crimen en Brasil es brutal mientras que en Argentina es mucho más controlado, a veces incluso hasta da risa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgTlmb3f9E

Yo me meo encima todas las noches pensando en estas calles imposibles de caminar :rolleyes:

Annie999
03-01-2023, 03:11 AM
No entiendas mal lo que sabés muy bien que fue un chiste. Es obvio que no tienen la casa en una villa y a mí no me importa, si uno vive por estos lados no elige hacerlo, hay mucha gente buena en las villas así como hay en barrios de clase media.

Yo viví en La Plata, voy a la capital esta semana, conocí al centro, Palermo, Boedo y Caballito, y lo que decís está muy lejos de lo que veo. Yo crecí en un país lleno de carteles de droga y aúnque en lo que es su mejor región, ya tuve contacto con pobreza y desespero sin tamaño.

Salí um poco más a la calle, no te quedes mirando las noticias en la tele y así vas a percibir que es un país normal con sus problemas y no el infierno en la tierra.

Yo vine a la Argentina y no me arrepentí en ningún momento. Es increíble que haya tanto cipayismo e ingratitud con un país que le da todo a los inmigrantes.

Lo más gracioso es que no le diste bola a mi segundo párrafo, porque sabés muy bien que se te fue la mano con este verso de "las calles son imposibles de caminar".

A ver, partamos de la base que estoy hablando de Argentina, no de Mexico. Los standards de seguridad y violencia son MUY distintos aqui que en los de paises con carteles y drogas heavy como Mexico o Colombia, por dar ejemplos. Por lo tanto yo doy mi opinion como rioplatense local, basada en el contexto Argentino, que es distinto al tuyo. Es ridículo que quieras invalidar mi percepción sobre la inseguridad local, solo por que en Mexico estan mucho peor.

Es como si un Canadiense acostumbrado al frío diga "28 grados que calor!" y salte un ecuatoriano a querer invalidar su percepción por que en su país hace mas calor. Es comparar peras con tomates.

A mi no me gusta como esta Argentina hoy, bajó muchísimo la adquisición económica y con ello todo lo demás. Que clase de estúpida tendría que ser para elegir un país sobre otro solo por tener una cultura similar a la mía? Como si las condiciones de vida no importaran. O como si otras culturas no estuvieran buenas como para ir y explorarlas.

Encima "salí a la calle" me decís, cuando soy yo la que vive eso en primera mano, el resto lee y opina desde un foro.

capocannoniere
03-01-2023, 04:21 AM
A ver, partamos de la base que estoy hablando de Argentina, no de Mexico. Los standards de seguridad y violencia son MUY distintos aqui que en los de paises con carteles y drogas heavy como Mexico o Colombia, por dar ejemplos. Por lo tanto yo doy mi opinion como rioplatense local, basada en el contexto Argentino, que es distinto al tuyo. Es ridículo que quieras invalidar mi percepción sobre la inseguridad local, solo por que en Mexico estan mucho peor.

Es como si un Canadiense acostumbrado al frío diga "28 grados que calor!" y salte un ecuatoriano a querer invalidar su percepción por que en su país hace mas calor. Es comparar peras con tomates.

A mi no me gusta como esta Argentina hoy, bajó muchísimo la adquisición económica y con ello todo lo demás. Que clase de estúpida tendría que ser para elegir un país sobre otro solo por tener una cultura similar a la mía? Como si las condiciones de vida no importaran. O como si otras culturas no estuvieran buenas como para ir y explorarlas.

Encima "salí a la calle" me decís, cuando soy yo la que vive eso en primera mano, el resto lee y opina desde un foro.

Mirá, me faltás el respeto así que hago lo mismo, y la verdad es la primera vez que le escribo así a alguien en este foro.

No tiene nada que ver con estándares cuando decís una estupidez como "no se puede salir a la calle". No importa si en Brasil o en México los estándares sean más bajos cuando decís semejante cosa.

Me chupa muchísimo, totalmente, extremadamente la pija si vos preferís vivir en Europa. Yo no soy tu madre para meterme en tu vida. Mi hilo es "Argentina o Serbia" y no "Porque Argentina es mucho mejor que Serbia". No solo espero como deseo opiniones distintas, pero que sean honestas.

Mejor que te quedes en la Provincia o te vayas a Serbia de cualquier modo, ojalá no tenga como vecino, profesor o compañero de trabajo gente exagerada y desonesta como vos que hace gimnástica mental para defender una opinión de mierda y te ofendés con el chiste de un pendejo que seguro tiene 10 años menos que vos como mínimo.

Yo vivo hace un año acá, no tengo auto y tengo que salir caminando y tomar al micro lleno todos los días. A mí no me podés hablar de calle. No me rompa los huevos.

DraviXi99
03-01-2023, 04:24 AM
Mirá, me faltás el respeto así que hago lo mismo, y la verdad es la primera vez que le escribo así a alguien en este foro.

No tiene nada que ver con estándares cuando decís una estupidez como "no se puede salir a la calle". No importa si en Brasil o en México los estándares sean más bajos cuando decís semejante cosa.

Me chupa muchísimo, totalmente, extremadamente la pija si vos preferís vivir en Europa. Yo no soy tu madre para meterme en tu vida. Mi hilo es "Argentina o Serbia" y no "Porque Argentina es mucho mejor que Serbia". No solo espero como deseo opiniones distintas, pero que sean honestas.

Mejor que te quedes en la Provincia o te vayas a Serbia de cualquier modo, ojalá no tenga como vecino, profesor o compañero de trabajo gente exagerada y desonesta como vos que hace gimnástica mental para defender una opinión de mierda.

Yo vivo hace un año acá, no tengo auto y tengo que salir caminando y tomar al micro lleno todos los días. A mí no me podés hablar de calle. No me rompa los huevos.

Why do you live in argentina.

Annie999
03-01-2023, 11:50 AM

Mejor que te quedes en la Provincia o te vayas a Serbia de cualquier modo, ojalá no tenga como vecino, profesor o compañero de trabajo gente exagerada y desonesta como vos que hace gimnástica mental para defender una opinión de mierda y te ofendés con el chiste de un pendejo que seguro tiene 10 años menos que vos como mínimo.

Estas mal de la cabeza? En ningún momento te falté el respeto, a menos que el hecho de haberte dicho que hiciste un "tasteless comment" (comentario de mal gusto) haya herido tus sentimientos.

Parece que mi postura ante la situación de Argentina te molestó y reaccionas de forma grosera, prepotente y emocional. Yo no pienso aguantar eso asi que la dejamos por acá.

capocannoniere
03-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Estas mal de la cabeza? En ningún momento te falté el respeto, a menos que el hecho de haberte dicho que hiciste un "tasteless comment" (comentario de mal gusto) haya herido tus sentimientos. Sos muy prepotente y emocional, no se puede hablar con vos así que la dejamos por acá.

Prepotente y emocional yo?? Mal de la cabeza yo?? Vos ni me contestaste a las otras cosas que escribí. Bueno no vale la pena para los dos mantenerse en esto. Ahora voy a salir en mi barrio esperar a que un fisura me robe y me de un tiro, chau.

Que vos tomes en serio un chiste es lo mínimo. No me gusta gente así pero me gusta aún menos gente que dice mentiras que llevan los otros a creer que el pais en el que vivo es peligroso a este punto.

Incal
03-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Ahora voy a salir en mi barrio esperar a que un fisura me robe y me de un tiro, chau.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

alnortedelsur
03-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Bueno, he de admitir que esta discusion tan acalorada se ha vuelto muy entretenida XD.

En fin estoy seguro de que Argentina no es un pais perfecto y tiene muchos problemas, y que incluso hay que andar con cierta precaucion si vas alla de visita, pero de ahi a decir que esta tan mal que no se puede ni andar por calle me parece exagerado, y no lo compro.

Ni siquiera Venezuela, con todo y la tan mala fama que tiene, esta tan mal hasta el punto de que no se pueda ni caminar por la calle (hay zonas y zonas), y mucho menos ha de ser ese el caso de Argentina, que estoy seguro que es menos insegura que Venezuela.

oszkar07
04-03-2023, 02:56 PM
Srbia

axel.aleman
04-03-2023, 08:02 PM
Argentina sin pensarlo