PDA

View Full Version : 5 cm. fir tree removed from patient’s lung

The Lawspeaker
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
5 cm. fir tree removed from patient’s lung

A five-centimeter fir tree has been found in the lung of a man who complained he had a strong pain in his chest and was coughing blood.

The 28-year-old patient, Artyom Sidorkin, came to a hospital in the city of <st: city="" w:st="on">Izhevsk</st:> in <st: w:st="on" place="">Central Russia</st:> last week, Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reports.
Doctors x-rayed his chest and found a tumor in one of the lungs.

Suspecting cancer, they made a decision to perform biopsy, but when they cut the tissue, they were amazed to see green needles in the cut.

“I blinked three times, and thought I was seeing things. Then I called the assistant to have a look,” says Vladimir Kamashev, doctor at the <st: w:st="on" place=""><st: w:st="on" placename="">Udmurtian</st:> <st: w:st="on" placename="">Cancer</st:> <st: w:st="on" placetype="">Center</st:></st:>.

The five-centimeter <st: w:st="on" place=""><st: city="" w:st="on">branch</st:></st:> was removed from the patient’s body.
“They told me my coughing blood was not caused by any disease,” Sidorkin says.

“It was the needles poking the capillaries. It really hurt a lot. But I never felt like I had an alien object inside of me.”

It is obvious that a five-centimeter branch is too large to be inhaled or swallowed, doctors say. They suggest that the patient might have inhaled a small bud, which then started to grow inside his body.

Meanwhile, the piece of lung with the little fir tree has been preserved for further study.

Source: Mosnews.com (http://www.mosnews.com/weird/2009/04/13/firtree/)
(article contains a disturbing image that I have not copied so if one wants to see it just click on the link).

Birka
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe he is related to the Ents from Middle Earth.

Tolleson
04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
OK...Down here!

:wavey001:

I call bullshit!

From the picture, how much of a lung does the guy have left (or right :)).

He should cut out smoking too....:eek:

"Hey Aemma, can you come stick our Yule tree down my throat...I want to be in the news. Quick take a picture. Chee......." :thumbs up

Birka
04-14-2009, 11:43 PM
OK...Down here!

:wavey001:

I call bullshit!

From the picture, how much of a lung does the guy have left (or right :)).

He should cut out smoking too....:eek:

"Hey Aemma, can you come stick our Yule tree down my throat...I want to be in the news. Quick take a picture. Chee......." :thumbs up

This reeks of the Onion, doesn't it?