PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana or Quebec - Where Would You Rather Live?

Smeagol
03-04-2023, 04:30 AM
And why?

NSXD60
03-04-2023, 04:38 AM
Louisiana, reason: Trudeau interference.

Blazhe
03-06-2023, 05:25 PM
Lol, how is this even a contest? Louisiana is one of the poorest, most backward, violent, polluted, uneducated, corrupt, obese, hurricane ridden, humid states in the union. It's only redeeming qualify is Cajun food. I'm sure a genius like Smeagol loves the place. He thinks the south is great lel.

Louisiana always ranks last in everything. Complete shithole. It's a right-wing state run by Trumptards of course.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/life/2022/11/01/louisiana-ranked-as-the-worst-state-for-millennials-to-live/69607324007/
https://www.theadvertiser.com/https://www.bizneworleans.com/24-7-wall-street-louisianas-economy-ranks-worst-in-u-s/story/news/2022/07/27/louisiana-public-school-system-analysis-third-worst-united-states-us/10149485002/
https://www.lsureveille.com/news/last-again-u-s-news-and-world-report-ranks-louisiana-last-four-years-in-a/article_dd3bab82-89dd-11eb-93f3-532e79601da6.html

Louisiana has a reputation for being one of the poorest, most backward, violent, polluted, uneducated, corrupt, obese, and hurricane-ridden states in the country.

One of the major factors contributing to Louisiana's poverty is its low median income. According to the United States Census Bureau, the state's median household income is $50,247, which is significantly lower than the national median income of $68,703. Additionally, Louisiana has one of the highest poverty rates in the country, with 18.6% of its population living below the poverty line. This lack of financial resources has a ripple effect, impacting many other aspects of life in the state.

In terms of education, Louisiana consistently ranks near the bottom in national rankings. According to a report by U.S. News & World Report, Louisiana ranks 49th in the country for education. Only 17.6% of Louisiana residents over the age of 25 have a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to the national average of 32.0%. The state's public education system has faced numerous challenges over the years, including underfunding, teacher shortages, and inadequate facilities.

Unfortunately, Louisiana's problems extend beyond education and poverty. The state also has a reputation for being one of the most corrupt in the country. In a 2015 study, Louisiana ranked as the third most corrupt state in the U.S., based on metrics such as public officials convicted of crimes, public corruption convictions per capita, and state integrity scores. This corruption has undermined the state's economy and eroded public trust in government.

In addition to corruption, Louisiana also has a history of violence. According to the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections, the state has one of the highest murder rates in the country. The homicide rate in Louisiana is almost double the national average, with over 10 murders per 100,000 people. The state has also struggled with high rates of domestic violence and gun violence.

Another major issue facing Louisiana is pollution. The state has a large petrochemical industry, which has contributed to significant pollution of the air, water, and soil. This pollution has had a detrimental impact on public health, leading to higher rates of respiratory illness, cancer, and other health problems. Additionally, Louisiana is home to a large number of superfund sites, areas that have been contaminated with hazardous waste, posing a serious threat to the environment and public health.

Obesity is also a major problem in Louisiana. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Louisiana has the third-highest adult obesity rate in the country, with over 36% of its population considered obese. This is due in part to a diet that is high in fried and fatty foods, as well as a lack of access to healthy food options in many parts of the state.

Finally, Louisiana's location in the Gulf of Mexico makes it vulnerable to hurricanes and other natural disasters. The state has been hit by numerous devastating hurricanes over the years, including Hurricane Katrina in 2005, which resulted in the deaths of over 1,800 people and caused billions of dollars in damage. In addition to the physical damage caused by hurricanes, these storms can also have long-term economic impacts, disrupting industries such as tourism and agriculture.

Cristiano viejo
03-07-2023, 12:22 AM
Lousiana, I was born there :icon_lol:

Universe
03-07-2023, 05:58 AM
Quebec. The only thing going for Louisiana is the better climate (if even that, Louisiana is warm but you can get hurricanes and tornadoes.)

Blondie
03-07-2023, 06:40 AM
Louisiana, because of better climate

Petalpusher
03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
For obvious reason Québec, and it seems even the Gods want to get rid of Louisiana every once in a while.

Italicus
03-07-2023, 09:21 AM
Quebec for sure. C'est plus Francais et Europeen, et les noirs non vivent en Quebec. (At least outside Montreal)

Salty Ears
03-07-2023, 09:31 AM
Quebec is big, I choose the southern part of course. Louisiana is definitely unusual to me, I'm afraid of malaria and other tropical delights, but I like Cajun culture

Incal
03-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Tricky one... I think Quebec.

Creoda
03-10-2023, 01:59 AM
At David Duke's house.

Tsuin
03-10-2023, 02:02 AM
My vote goes for Quebec but I also wouldn't mind living in New Orleans

Smeagol
03-10-2023, 03:05 AM
At David Duke's house.

David Duke obviously unfortunately lost his races for Governor and US Senate but at least he won the White vote which I think says good things about Louisiana outside of New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

Catnip
03-10-2023, 11:22 AM
Québec, but I would like to visit Louisiana

Rumata
03-10-2023, 12:23 PM
Plague or cholera @ Lawspeaker

Jankec
03-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Plague or cholera @ Lawspeaker

"Quebec or Lousiana - plague or colera!" - scream from the fifth floor of a khrushchevka in poor, sad and gray suburb of Krasnodar, between two mobilizations.:lols:

Rumata
03-12-2023, 09:16 PM
"Quebec or Lousiana - plague or colera!" - scream from the fifth floor of a khrushchevka in poor, sad and gray suburb of Krasnodar, between two mobilizations.:lols:

Once I've posted my house and my courtyard in this forum. And it's very different from your description. Not in a suburb either. You little brain vaccinated liar.

Jankec
03-12-2023, 09:25 PM
Once I've posted my house and my courtyard in this forum. And it's very different from your description. Not in a suburb either. You little brain vaccinated liar.

Take Sputnik, don't make Putin angry.

Rumata
03-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Take Sputnik, don't make Putin angry.

Take Putin's Kalibr first.

Rumata
03-12-2023, 09:31 PM
Liar bird, eat a banana:

My house has a very typical Russian backyard. They grow banana trees there :cool:

https://i.ibb.co/4p4WdCY/P-20220627-141254.jpg (https://ibb.co/1TRZ6Bd)

https://i.ibb.co/pzT5tsf/P-20220627-141319.jpg (https://ibb.co/xjbdpc1)

Ruggery
03-12-2023, 09:40 PM
Quebec, prettier and safer than Louisiana.

NSXD60
03-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Problem with Quebec is that they delude themselves into believing that their French sounds drastically different from Euro French when Cajuns can't hear much variation between the two. Quebec French sounded more like Cajun French and Missouri Paw-Paw French before the imposition of Euro French teaching methods in the schools and widespread literacy.

Cristiano viejo
03-12-2023, 10:49 PM
Quebec, prettier and safer than Louisiana.

no idea about safety but prettier??? THE OPPOSITE.

Ruggery
03-12-2023, 11:10 PM
no idea about safety but prettier??? THE OPPOSITE.

If in fact Quebec has towns more similar to France and Central Europe, that is already more beautiful than any American town or city

Gallop
03-12-2023, 11:23 PM
Always America, Canada should be the textbook on how to die of boredom.

Cristiano viejo
03-13-2023, 03:42 PM
If in fact Quebec has towns more similar to France and Central Europe, that is already more beautiful than any American town or city

I am talking about landscapes and nature, not about architecture.

Ruggery
03-13-2023, 04:42 PM
I am talking about landscapes and nature, not about architecture.

In nature all of Canada is the same, prairies and cold forests.

Cristiano viejo
03-13-2023, 05:46 PM
In nature all of Canada is the same, prairies and cold forests.

Yeah that is why Lousiana looks better and much more fascinating and wild, with all these manglares and swamps, alligators, snakes etc.

zyungh
07-07-2023, 01:06 AM
Québec, no doubt

Sebastianus Rex
07-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Louisiana no doubt, at least I could legally own guns and enjoy the local greasy spicy food... and it's next to Texas which is always a plus.

Canada is as woke, brainwashed and vaccinated as it gets and the weather is just depressing. Besides the Quebec accent is atrocious and Trudeau is a piece of shit.

Barba
07-07-2023, 08:41 AM
Quebec, obviously.
Louisiana is truly the worst state in US in every way, from the % of violent crime and air pollution to the economy, infrastructure, education and opportunity. No reasonable person would raise their children in such an atmosphere because of the likelihood of gun ownership and greasyfood heh.

Cristiano viejo
07-08-2023, 12:19 AM
Louisiana no doubt, at least I could legally own guns and enjoy the local greasy spicy food... and it's next to Texas which is always a plus.

Canada is as woke, brainwashed and vaccinated as it gets and the weather is just depressing. Besides the Quebec accent is atrocious and Trudeau is a piece of shit.
THREAD.

Catnip
07-08-2023, 01:30 AM
Quebec, obviously.
Louisiana is truly the worst state in US in every way, from the % of violent crime and air pollution to the economy, infrastructure, education and opportunity. No reasonable person would raise their children in such an atmosphere because of the likelihood of gun ownership and greasyfood heh.
And hurricanes. It has one of the highest out-of-state migration rates for reason.

Sebastianus Rex
07-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Quebec, obviously.

Why don't you move to Canada and get your 5th booster or something?

What's "reasonable" about Justin Castro's Canada anyway?