Gallicus
03-04-2023, 01:56 PM
From Ploėrmel region, Morbihan.

https://static.actu.fr/uploads/2023/03/8188c3f9c8f36d3a8c3f9c8f328a8cv.jpg

Oliver109
03-04-2023, 07:13 PM
From Ploėrmel region, Morbihan.

https://static.actu.fr/uploads/2023/03/8188c3f9c8f36d3a8c3f9c8f328a8cv.jpg
Quite dark, they could easily pass in Turkey, Atlanto alpines.

Eurafricanid
03-04-2023, 07:17 PM
Both are Alpine-Meds with a bit of CM influence, interesting phenos for Bretons :icon_ask:

Laredo
03-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Quite dark, they could easily pass in Turkey, Atlanto alpines.

You are like the English version of Gallop? Who's doesn't like "darker" folks of England?

Gallicus
03-04-2023, 08:30 PM
Right guy has more European features imo.

There are lots of dark people in Brittany. Also most Bretons I knew had a very Iberian look. It's odd because I've read that gentically, Bretons were very close to British and Irish, who have a very different look.

There are also very light Bretons though (like the girl of my "French mixed couple" thread). Actually it seems that it depends a lot of the place in Brittany. I once met a redhead "Celtic" looking Breton girl and said her that Bretons usually looked Iberian to me. She laughed and said I was crazy, then showed me her friends and family, all very light Northwestern looking folks.

Oliver109
03-04-2023, 08:34 PM

There are lots of dark people in Brittany. Also most Bretons I knew had a very Iberian look. It's odd because I've read that gentically, Bretons were very close to British and Irish, who have a very different look.

There are also very light Bretons though (like the girl of my "French mixed couple" thread). Actually it seems that it depends a lot of the place in Brittany. I once met a redhead "Celtic" looking Breton girl and said her that Bretons usually looked Iberian to me. She laughed and said I was crazy, then showed me her friends and family, all very light Northwestern looking folks.

Some villages/provinces are lighter, looks in northern France are quite localised and can often change dramatically over 100 km. On the whole Britanny while genetically close to the UK clearly has more of the Med-Alpine looks re emerging.

Laredo
03-04-2023, 08:36 PM

Hey mind classifying my g.mother? Did she looked Breton?
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?370812-Did-my-grandmother-looked-more-Anglo-or-Spanish

Gallicus
03-04-2023, 08:39 PM
Hey mind classifying my g.mother? Did she looked Breton?
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?370812-Did-my-grandmother-looked-more-Anglo-or-Spanish

She looks quite Spanish and as such could definitely pass in Brittany. But it's hard to tell from one single old photography.

Monapps
03-04-2023, 11:15 PM
Some villages/provinces are lighter, looks in northern France are quite localised and can often change dramatically over 100 km.

Do you really think that statement makes sense?

Beraud
03-05-2023, 08:50 AM
Do you really think that statement makes sense?

He is right, northern France, especially Picardy, has very diverse phenotypes that can change from a village to another.

axel.aleman
03-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Atlanto Med

Gallop
03-05-2023, 10:58 AM
Atlanto med could go unnoticed in Spain and England.

Monapps
03-05-2023, 11:16 AM
He is right, northern France, especially Picardy, has very diverse phenotypes that can change from a village to another.

That is only possible in scenarios of recent migration or centuries of isolation and inbreeding.

Pater Patota
03-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Nope, they’re atypical for Turkey.These 2 men fit France and Iberia well.