PDA

View Full Version : Is Portugal on Strike ?

Siberyak
11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
It seems to be affecting some flights to Lisbon today.

Damiăo de Góis
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I went to work normally, the only problem was that some trains weren't on schedule. It seems there were some big demonstrations in the center of Lisbon but i spent my day at the office like any other day. :coffee:

Siberyak
11-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I went to work normally, the only problem was that some trains weren't on schedule. It seems there were some big demonstrations in the center of Lisbon but i spent my day at the office like any other day. :coffee:

Are people starting to get pissed off in Portugal? How is the mood with the economy?

Damiăo de Góis
11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Are people starting to get pissed off in Portugal? How is the mood with the economy?

Seems so, this happened today:

dXobWn2Ldhk

The mood is generally bad...

Turkophagos
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Are people starting to get pissed off in Portugal?

Is there really a way to piss Portuguese people off?

Siberyak
11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Is this future of Europe? Mass austerity strikes?

Siberyak
11-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Is there really a way to piss Portuguese people off?

You take away the job prospects and lower the standard of living then that will be enough to piss anyone off.

Damiăo de Góis
11-24-2011, 11:23 PM
You take away the job prospects and lower the standard of living then that will be enough to piss anyone off.

It depends. Unemployment rate is at 10.8% i think, which is high but not as high as other countries. In my personal case i have no reason to complain yet. But this whole thing and what we read every day in the media is enough to lower our mood.

We have a history of being a peaceful people and violent riots here just don't happen. Let's wait and see.

Siberyak
11-24-2011, 11:33 PM
It depends. Unemployment rate is at 10.8% i think, which is high but not as high as other countries. In my personal case i have no reason to complain yet. But this whole thing and what we read every day in the media is enough to lower our mood.

We have a history of being a peaceful people and violent riots here just don't happen. Let's wait and see.

The Portuguese are complete opposite of the Greeks. In Greece people with riot if the train is 5 minutes late. It's weird to see how different nationalities react to different situations.