PDA

View Full Version : Attn Swede(s), please translate

Lenny
04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
[Apricity-ites can use this thread to request translations of any material from Swedish-->English; hopefully a Svenskar-Apricityite or two will answer!]

Someone sent me an mp3 of this and it is just a beautiful song.:) All I can figure out is the title means Dream[or]Fantasy + Path(way)... If one of the good Swedish members would, please translate the lyrics into basic English. Thanks!:thumb001:

Link to the mp3: [It's quite low quality at 56; CD-standard is 192 I think] http://www.mediafire.com/file/lkm4gzmj4bm/saga-dromarnas stig.mp3

Here are the lyrics in Swedish:

Drömmarnas stig

Trungen att vandra i pinande motvind, dömd att leva i somhällets skugga. Ständigt förljugen av maktens spåkrov och föraktand av gemene man.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avrika från våra drömmars stig? Vore det inte en befrielse att glomma - att av svära sig folksjätens plikt?

När folk du litat på ränder dig ryggen, och ansluter sig till massans slummer. När män från början bundra av lojalitet, splittras och förblindas av guldets makt.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avrika från våra drömmars stig? Vore det inte en befrielse att glomma - att av svära sig folksjätens plikt?

Detta skall ses som en prörningarnas fas, öckets verktyg att sålla av veklingar. Kampens styrka kommer av offervilja, vår urgrund står på övertygelse.

Trungen att vandra i pinande motvind, dömd att leva i somhällets skugga. Ständigt förljugen av maktens spåkrov och föraktand av gemene man.

Könner du dig då manad till strid? Låt dig själv adrig trivla på seger! Låt aldrig den nationella lågen fallna, må den sätta Svea rikes själar i brand.

[BTW, to whomsoever may be interested: there's other similar songs here: http://www.thisissaga.com, some in English; the earlier ones are louder/metal-ish, less to my taste but some do like them]

Hilding
04-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Bump this thread later and I'll give it a go, I have to go to work now unfortunately.

Ulex
04-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Because you are a very impatient man, I will give it a try, even though I am Danish. The Swedes will probably have a laugh. But anyway, here goes:

Path of Dreams

Forced to walk against the wind,
Condemned to live in the shadow of society,
Constantly told lies by the men of power,
despised by evil men.

Wouldn't it be easier to just close your eyes?
To leave the path of dreams?
Wouldn't it be a relief to just forget,
and not bother about your duty to your people?

When people you trust turn their back to you,
and join the [something] masses.
When people who were loyal once,
are divided and blinded by the power of gold.

Wouldn't it be easier to just close your eyes..?

This is the phase in which you have to prove,
[something about weaklings]
The strenght of the battle is your will to sacrifice,
we stand firm because of our conviction.

Forced to walk against the wind,
Condemned to live in the shadow of society,
Constantly told lies by the men of power,
despised by evil men.

Now, do you feel the urge to fight?
Never doubt about the victory!
Never [something about national... Law?]
May it lit the fire in the souls of Svea!

Hilding
04-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Drömmarnas stig
The path of dreams

TVungen att vandra i pinande motvind, dömd att leva i sAmhällets skugga.
Forced to walk against the wind, condemned to live in the shadow of society

Ständigt förljugen av maktens spRÅKRÖR och föraktad av gemene man.Constantly lied to by the mouthpiece of power and dispised by common man.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avVika från våra drömmars stig?
Wouldn't it be easier to just close our eyes- to stray off of the path of our dreams.

Vore det inte en befrielse att glÖmma - att avsvära sig folksjäLens plikt?
Wouldn't it be a liberation to forget - to decline the duty of the "folksoul"

När folk du litat på Vänder dig ryggen, och ansluter sig till massans slummer.
When people you trust turn their backs at you, and join the slumber of the masses

När män från början bundra av lojalitet, splittras och förblindas av guldets makt.
When men, once bound by loyalty, disintegrate and get blinded by the power of gold.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avVika från våra drömmars stig?
Wouldn't it be easier to just close our eyes- to stray off of the path of our dreams.

Vore det inte en befrielse att glÖmma - att avsvära sig folksjäLens plikt?
Wouldn't it be a liberation to forget - to decline the duty of the "folksoul"

Detta skall ses som en pröVningarnas fas, öDets verktyg att sålla BORT veklingar.
This shall be seen as a phase of tribulation, the tool of destiny which'll wead out the weak

Kampens styrka kommer av offervilja, vår urgrund står på övertygelse.
The strenght for the "cause" comes from will to sacrifice, our foundation stands upon conviction.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avVika från våra drömmars stig? Vore det inte en befrielse att glÖmma - att avsvära sig folksjäLens plikt?

You know this one by now? ;)

TVungen att vandra i pinande motvind, dömd att leva i sAmhällets skugga. Ständigt förljugen av maktens spRåkrÖR och föraktand av gemene man.

Vore det inte simpelt att bara blunda - att avVika från våra drömmars stig? Vore det inte en befrielse att glÖmma - att avsvära sig folksjäLens plikt?

those two aswell...

KÄnner du dig då manad till strid? Låt dig själv aLdrig trivla på seger!
Can you feel the urge for battle? Never let yourself doubt about being victorious!

Låt aldrig den nationella lågAn fallna, må den sätta Svea rikes själar i brand.
Don't ever let the national flame fade, may it set the souls of SWEDEN ablaze.

As promised!

Ulex wasn't far from it. The swedish lyrics was horribly misspelled. I corrected the errors with CAPITAL letters as you can se.