PDA

View Full Version : Personal bias

Loki
04-15-2009, 01:28 AM
The recent thread(s) about Russians vs Balts vs Americans kinda made me wonder: are you biased against any nationalities or peoples?

I'd class it in two groups: European and non-European. I reckon the latter bias would be more widespread.

Which ethnicities/nationalities are you biased against?

I'll go:

Let me say first that I am a fairly tolerant individual who will give most people the benefit of the doubt. I also try to treat everyone with equal respect.

1. Non-Europeans:

I am intolerant of inner-city like black people, who have been in European countries for a few decades -- i.e. those of Jamaican/Caribbean descent. Black people raw from Africa seem to behave better. I think the reason for this is because they grew up in a more respectful/disciplined society. We in Europe have been pampering bad behaviour among Caribbean blacks for too long; they have become arrogant.

I'm very intolerant of Muslims from Pakistan and Uganda. The Ugandan Indians seem most ungrateful that the Brits took them in after they were kicked out of Africa. They're very arrogant and have not done anything positive since they've been here. Also Somalis and some North Africans (specifically the ones you would encounter in Paris).

I dislike Chinese cuisine and culture -- I find it to be dirty and backward.

2. Europeans:

I dislike the greasy-type Mediterranean who is loud and boisterous. Don't have much time for Hochdeutsch Germans either, based on my past experiences with them. They seem rude and lack a sense of humour. Difficult to build friendships with them. I'm mixed on the Irish. My general view of them is negative, although I have met some fine Irish individuals.

People I like most are Danes and Swedes, then English, French and Dutch.

Of the colonials I generally like Americans and Canadians, although you get many different types of Americans. Most Americans seem friendly, down-to-earth and approachable. I like that. Aussies are nice too, but you do get exceptions. Kiwis are absolutely lovely people. Can't say anything bad about them. :) As for my own kin, white South Africans, I tend to avoid them. :p

Here's to gross generalisations! :thumb001:

Thorum
04-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Loki, great idea!!

I will say too, like Loki, I tend to be fairly tolerant and keep an open-mind. But, how true is this really?

1. Non-Europeans:

I don't particularly like blacks. Doesn't matter the background; just blacks. My attitude here in the US is simply this: We should have shipped them all back to Africa in 1866.
I don't like Muslims. Perhaps I should say hate them. To me they are directly attacking and undermining our Western civilization. They are our present enemy.
Along the same lines are South Americans. The invasion from the south into the US is killing us. Enough said.

2. Europeans:

I love Europeans. The inhabitants of the land of my Forefathers. To be a simple ass I would just say the further south you go, the less I identify. I do have a particular love for Scandinavians; especially Swedes and Finns (my blood).

Yes, Loki, here's to gross generalisations! :thumb001:
<!-- / message -->

Barreldriver
04-15-2009, 02:43 AM
1. Non-Europeans:
Blacks #1 because of affirmative action and how they still leech to this day, just read this:

White firefighter's who scored higher and performed better were victims of affirmative action, the blacks who scored less, performed less ended up getting the vacancy for command promotion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-firefighters6-2009apr06,0,711948.story

Hell, granted I'm also biased against South American's that come into the U.S., but at least they don't pull this shit on a regular basis, then again, these spics are the ones who brought MS-13 into the U.S. so go figure, they don't need it because they get enough dough by raping, murdering, and selling drugs.

2. Europeans:

I'd have to say I'm a bit biased against Polish people #1 because the Polish American's I've encountered have been extremely lazy potheads, and #2 my uncle is in a similar situation over in Co. Antrim, says the Poles over there are lazy asses.

Ĉmeric
04-15-2009, 03:14 AM
If they are non-Northwestern European & have a sizable community in America, I don't like them. I tried the "tolerant" thing when I was younger. Other kinds of people don't practice it. I have nothing against Tibetans, I'm not aware of a Tibetan-American community. I have nothing against Turks or Albanians personally but I've never actually had anything to do with a member of either ethnicity. I am biased against Negroes, Hispanics, Jews, Asians (including Indians & Pakistanis) & Middle Easterners. And the Guido type Sicilians & Southern Italians. Muslims. Feminists & people with lefty political beliefs. And I'm not too fond of the Irish.

Barreldriver
04-15-2009, 03:27 AM
And I'm not too fond of the Irish.

oy'll av ye a pint er n oy'll feck yur mothur :D lol j/k

and in the dialect of my up bringin:

a'll hav ya a pint thar n a'll shred yur ma's pork :D lol

Ulf
04-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Stupidity. Which often pits me against myself.

That's probably off topic so let's just say I do not like most non-Europeans.

Gooding
04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Great question, which I simply must answer! :)

Which ethnicities/nationalities are you biased against?:

1. Non-Europeans:
I despise most black people.I find them self-obsessed and hypocritical.I hate their culture, I hate their arrogance and I despise their endless penchant for whining and profiling whites as the root of all evil. I dislike the Islamic presence here, I perceive most Muslims to be anti-American.I don't like their medieval outlook and their rabid fanaticism.I hate spics.I HATE SPICS. I don't like them, I wish we could ship them all back, frankly.They are social parasites and they seem to hate those of us who already live here and are frantic on displacing us.They are rude, they openly overindulge their children (their money makers) and most of their young run about in gangs.The Jews I met in college were extremely pompous and standoffish.
I have no problems with American Indians as such, but the niggerfied activists make me sick.Oh, I don't think Gypsies are worth the air they breathe.

2. Europeans:

I strongly despise the Spaniards.The ones I've met, from Spain, struck me as having a very medieval concept of life.They were pushy, loud and obnoxious people.I have nothing to do with them.Certain Sicilians and Calabrians also struck me as having a large dose of conceit with very little reason for it.The only people in France I dislike are the Parisians.Those I've met here seemed to have had an absent sense of hygiene and a Spanish arrogance I detest.
The other French people I love as I do my own family.From Calais to Marseilles,from Nancy to Bordeaux, the French of France and of North America are awesome people.I love the British as well and strongly identify with them.I really like the Dutch, love the Germans and Swiss, deeply respect and like the Belgians and Scandinavians.I like the Polish and respect the Russians and Yugoslavs.Those are the folks of note I'd like to give a shout out to! :D

Absinthe
04-15-2009, 10:21 AM
1. Non-Europeans

I don't dislike anyone in their natural habitat, I dislike them if they come to Europe and try to drain it while at the same time they are ungrateful for the hospitality. Of all groups, I tend to dislike Muslims more (regardless of ethnicity), because they try to push their backward mentality whereas at the same time they show ultimate disrespect for the countries that host them.

2. Europeans

I am generally more fond of western Europeans than the eastern ones, and of northern europeans than southern ones (quite a paradox there, uh :D).

Why? Because they're more hardworking, effective, polite, civilized, clean and orderly.

Having said that, I don't actually dislike other groups but I don't look up to them either.
Perhaps the reason why I am not too fond of Russians, Slavs in general as well as Balkanians in general, is because they remind me of our own lousy predicament -there, I said it :p

That been said, if I want to see garbage on the streets, find myself in a country where nothing works and where bureaucracy and corruption reigns, be pushed by people at queues and be treated in a rude and arrogant manner, then there's no reason to leave my own country, if you know what I mean ;)

Brynhild
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
1). Non-Europeans:

Pretty much anybody from the Muslim nations. They're the rudest, obnoxious and most ungrateful lot I've ever dealt with. Also pushy with their beliefs and are the first to cry discrimination!

Polynesians - bunch of homies who roam in packs, they tend to be obnoxious and arrogant. The paradox with this is I met some good ones over in New Zealand.

My views on Asians are mixed. Some of them are quite sneaky and calculating, while I've met others who are reserved but friendly. Indians I'm also wary of.

2. Europeans:

I tend to find both the Germans and Dutch to be rather serious, but they also take some time in getting to know. Once you do, they can be very raucous in humour and they make loyal friends.

Serbs and Croats - they just have no idea how to put their tribal differences behind them when they move to a new country.

I've had horrendous experiences with American and Canadian tourists here. They're loud and demanding, expecting the best of everything. Please bear in mind I mention tourists in this instance. And don't get me started about whinging Poms! :p

3. Who you like:

The Scottish and Irish, hands down! I don't mind the English for the most part, Kiwis I'm fine with and I have no issue with the full-blooded Aborigines and Maoris. South Africans I'm fine with, and I'm also fine with Italians and Maltese. Greeks to some extent. Scandinavians fascinate me!

On the whole, I take people as I find them.

Skandi
04-15-2009, 02:20 PM
This may take a while;

Loath
Muslims
Men; Especially Muslim taxi drivers, who assume that if you are a single getting a taxi home at 11(from work)you will give them your number. Muslim women that I have spoken too have generally been ok, however I would still not want them here as they come hand in hand with THE problem. Especially bothered by the Pakistani variety who are second generation and STILL cannot speak English, that is just pure rudeness.

Albania, Libya, Jordan. These get a special mention because I have had personal trouble with the immigrant men from these countries, following you home, constantly asking if your married, etc etc.

Dislike

Polish
Lazy immigrants who refuse to learn the language, we have whole streets with polish signs and even a bank that has a polish section (lloyds tsb)

Most southern Europeans, too noisy rude and generally lazy.

Scots, ignorant Scots who blame all their troubles on the English
Irish, see above
Blacks, see above (English = white)

Not terribly fussed; "white" members of these ethnicities only.
Germans, have a habit of being stand offs
Canadians, all seem fine
Americans, some are incredibly arrogant and I wish to kill them
South Africa, Same as America (except with a sexy accent!)
Zimbabwe, Same as America

Anybody not mentioned is in the Don't care either way group

Like,
Scots, the rest not mentioned above, shared culture and history.
Irish, dito

Scandinavian countries and Finland. Particularly like, most of my friends are from this area, the humour and culture fits.

New Zealand, pretty much exactly the same as the Scots and English, but a little more layed back.

these are people I like in their own lands

Hindu Indians/Nepalese, have always been friendly and polite when I have encountered them and the ones I have worked with have also been fine, I think that their culture also fits well with ours.

Chinese, Again polite sometimes overly so, hard-working maybe a little insular but fine as they are.

Russians, Have very little contact, but what I have had is all positive.

Japanese, Participially like how organised they are, don't think I would wish to live like that though.

After typing this I found exceptions to almost every point!

Vulpix
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Europeans:

Italians tend to have some highly irritating qualities. They throw out garbage as if it disappears as soon as it touches the ground, they often talk too loud, they think they can "bend" the laws, etc. The more south they come from the worse it gets :coffee:.

Ex-Yugoslavia countries: my cat was tortured by a family from somewhere there when she was a kitten :mad:.

Non-Euros:

Chinese: they lack in manners, as in they push around without apologizing; they STARE and STARE and STARE :eek:! And they ask for pictures :rolleyes:...

Some other Asians (not sure which :p:rolleyes:): rude, ie they will take things off your table without asking, not even acknowledging your presence :eek:.

Pakistanis in Europe: generally arrogant even when pretending to be polite, have a smug look on their faces. They smell very bad.

Muslims: I know a couple of exceptions, but generally I despise them.

Blacks: they smell, etc. you know the drill ;).

chap
04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I prefer the best examples of English conduct and other nations should seek to imitate and incorporate them in accordance with their established cultures.

Inese
04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Non europeans:

Nearly all because i dont trust them!!:rolleyes2: I have a natural feeling that i should stay more distant from them because they are distant from us too. It is security.
Hm maybe East Asians like Chinese and Japanese are more okay, what i have seen from their habit and culture is civilisized and proud, they are no mongrels or bad people with barbarian moral.

Most i hate Russian ( +1 dear Wat Tyler , lol!! :cool: ) and people from Islam countries. I dont like Black people they look not like us more like a older form of humans. Big nose and thick lips is extreme disturbing!! And the one i met in my life smelled and was talking crazy things. My opinion is they envy us for our nordish apearance!!
USa and Canada are okay of course but they have european heritage.

Europeans:

People from Belarus and Balcan countries i strongly dislike. They have no good habit and tend to crime like the Russ! :rolleyes2: Ukraine is solala. West Ukraina is more European and good but East ukraine people are of Russian ethnicies and love Russia.
And i am not interested in other Southern European countries because i am more for nordish countries. I dont hate Italian or Spanish or Greek but my interest on them goes to 0...:wink Some are nice some are bad but what they do is not intersting for me.

France and England .... hmm sometimes i cant understand them. They are often not so nice and a little bit arrogant of their own. Englanders are " famous " in Latvia for coming in our capital city and drinking alcohol endlessly and treat our people respectless - we are no zoo of monkeys okay!?? :mad:
Some French and English dont like the German but i am to a part German too so i take side for Germany in conflicts. It is no surpise that i like the German country the most ..... along with Austria and Switzerland!! :) Holland is nice too.
I also like all Scandinavian countries and Finnland --- Sweden is our neighbour on the other side of the Baltic sea and we have good relationship in our history with them!! :thumbs up Finland and Estonia are our nothern neighbours, i like them too. I dont understand their language but they are friendly and proud people, good allies and Estonia is our Baltic friend of course!!

Sigurd
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
To spare the forum commonwealth another Sigurdian essay, I shall make this short: My prime loyalty lies with Germanics, and I greatly like Celtics, Baltics and Fennics.

Anything else either doesn't interest me in the slightest, or I don't particularly like. I am indifferent to most Southern Europeans, have a personal grudge against Albanians, am not particularly fond of other Balkan people, and dislike and disrespect Slavs. Outwith Europe there are few cultures which I respect, none I particularly identify with and a great many which I dislike.

That being said, anyone, whether of European or extra-European heritage doesn't bother me as long as they stay in their own countries, don't stick their noses into our business and don't dream of aggression towards our kind. Interchange and conversation however I prefer to occur within that which lies within my definition of "Central & Northern Europe", which are as already specified, those of Germanic, Celtic, Baltic and Fennic heritage.

Think that sums it up. Preferences between these groups exist, as I like the Swedes over the Danes, the Finns over the Estonians and the Latvians over the Lithuanians ... but that's a matter of "I like vs. I like more" and thus not worth elaborating in detail. :wink

YggsVinr
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Non-European:

There is one group that I hate above all others, and even though I haven't really participated in any discussions concerning them on here that group is none other than the Jews. As much as I dislike other groups I find the Jews even more intolerable. There is something in me that absolutely cannot for the life of me stand a Jew. I cannot help but associate the sneaking, conniving, thieving, backstabbing stereotype with every single one I meet, and somehow they have the ability to send my generally calm self flying into a rabid, spitting rage. They disgust me in ways most people could not even dream of.

I also very much dislike muslims and most I've met/seen of the Arab and East Indian variety. I hate going to the flea market in Cornwall and seeing more signs up in some Arabic tongue or other than French or English. I hate seeing them all walk around in their "pyjamas", as my grandmother used to say, and being seemingly incapable of communication in the official languages of this country.

Europeans:

Italians, Spaniards, and the Portuguese.

The Englishmen I have met in real life have been rather annoying. They walk around with an air of pomposity as though they want you to "bow down, ye colonial!" Instead of being straight up about things, they enjoy making some snooty, indirect comment then pretend they meant nothing by it. Also, the English teenagers I have met have honestly been the most obnoxious, spoiled, stuck up teenagers I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. Please discipline your kids! Thank you!:p Note, this is not a comment on the English members of this board, but rather those I've met face to face!

The French!:p First I must say that I do not mean my French Canadian compatriots, but the European French. The French of today seem to lack a sense of humour, think far too much of themselves, and generally suffer from the same snootiness as the English. However, my primary experience has been with people from Provence so the northerners may not be this way. The French I've met, like the English, have mastered the art of feigning politeness when every word coming out of their mouth is dripping with an overgrown superiority complex.

Europeans I prefer, I'll start with the colonials since I am one myself:

First and foremost French Canadians. We are quite possibly the most awesome people on the planet:cool: I think Canadians are pretty great, though I've occasionally run into some problems with those from Out West.

Most Americans I've met have been great people.

Australians are all great. Nothing bad I can say about the ones I've met online or over here in Canada.

South Africans I have not met enough of to make any kind of judgement, but the very few I've met in person and online have been intelligent, well-educated, and friendly people.

As for Europeans: I tend to have a soft spot for the Dutch, Danes, Finns, Germans, Ukrainians, the Irish, and the Scottish.

Btw, hope no one is offended by this. Written all in good fun ;) Edit again, except for the Jew/Arab/East Indian etc. ect. part...there was no fun involved in that part.

Tabiti
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Non-Europeans: Almost all (especially arabs and some dravids) with small exeptions like Japanese and some Native American Indians. Generally I don't hate any race since it is never around my eyes (Africa for Africans, Asia for Asians, and so on). These claims may not sound very racist to some, but I'm even disguisted to sit next to person from any other race and always been like that, despite the fact not raised as a racist or hater in general.
Europeans: Considering about personal quallities regarding nation are not the best and fair method to judge anyone because every flock has its black/white sheep. BUT here I would "vote" for Balkanities (seems it is my blood, sorry). Also don't like the loudness and sociabillity of the Soutern countries (nothing bad at all, this is just the opposite of my personality - I tend to me "colder").

Loyalist
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Europeans

Italians: Loud and arrogrant, they enjoy importing their Italian "identity" over here, and then forcing it upon everyone else. At the same time, they show no respect for any other ethnic or cultural group. Many of the older generation, who have been here since at least the mid-20th century, still speak little or no English. Their youth are generally of poor and undesirable character, with the "guido" type prevelant. They are responsible for introducing organized crime to North America, and are incredibly lazy, being infamous around here for faking work injuries in order to collect benefits. That hot-headed, violent Italian stereotype seems to be the case almost invariably.

Portuguese: Same as the Italians, only more arrogant, more violent, and less intelligent.

I refrained from making this a pan-Southern European category, as most Greeks around here are honest, clean, and hard-working; the total opposite of their Mediterranean counterparts.

Poles: Arrogant, inconsiderate, lazy, and have some sort of inherent penchant for emigration. They tend to be clannish, and identify more with being part of "Polonia" as opposed to their adopted nation.

Romanians: Bad enough in themselves, but hordes of Gypsies also turned up with them over here, to the point where the lines between the two are blurred. In either case, both are boorish, deceitful, sleazy, and frequently involved with criminal activity (theft, tax fraud, drug dealing, etc.).

On a lesser scale, but still worthy of mention, are Irish Catholics, Russians, Bosnians, and Ukrainians, none of whom I have a particularly positive view of.

Non-Europeans

I have no use for any non-Europeans, but there are some which stand out more than others.

Muslims: Ethnic and racial origin is irrelevant; these people are a realistic threat to our existence. They show no tolerance or respect for the indigenous culture or religion of the nations in which they settle, but demand their own faith and way of life be respected and embraced. Global Islamization is what each individual strives for, accomplishing it through both immigration and terrorism.

Negroes: They are lazy, filthy, violent, and have inherently low intelligence. Blacks enjoy blaming their deprivation, criminality, lack of education, lack of employment, single mother rates, and other negative features on whites. In reality, it results from a combination of biological disadvantages and their own unwillingness to better themselves. Then again, isn't it easier to blame slavery for the fact that you are unemployed and have AIDs? :rolleyes:

Amerindians: A race of lazy, obese substance-abusers with a perpetual chip on their shoulders against whites. They utterly refuse to consider the blatant fact that European settlement was actually of great benefit to their existence. Instead, they remain content with their quality of life stagnated at a very low level, opting for a povety-stricken free ride on the shoulders of the people they despise.

To end this on a more positive note, the people I actually like, and would thus welcome here: English, Scots, Ulster-Scots, Welsh, Germans (including Austrians and Swiss), Dutch, Scandinavians, Afrikaners, and, of course, Anglo-Americans/Australians/New Zealanders. :thumb001:

If you weren't mentioned, I either like you and forgot, or simply have not formed an opinion. :D

RoyBatty
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Likes / Dislikes are a bit relative. Sometimes it's a bit of a combination.

Euros and Euro origin peoples:

English:- Great sense of humour, generally get along fine but that excludes the liberal factions.

Scots:- Alright as people, a bit obsessed with their hatred of everything English. It's getting stale, particularly now that the UK's economy has been destroyed by the Scottish neo-marxist masons.

Welsh:- Impressions are OK.

Irish:- OK impressions. There can be a tendency amongst them to hate seeing somebody from the group succeed in life.

Poles:- The ones I know / met in real life were mostly quite agreeable and hardworking.

Balts:- Don't know any personally, online I find them to be tiresome bores with "small country" syndrome and an ability to endlessly portray themselves as victims. It gets really stale after a while.

Ukrainians:- I liked the ones I met. Don't care much for the Western Ukrainians. File under Bandera loving Nazi fanatics.

Russians:- Like, have some good friends there.

Germans:- I get on OK with them. They can be a bit difficult to communicate with initially but speaking the lang helps. For some reason I related better to the Swiss, Austrians and in some cases, the Ossis.

Scandinavians:- I don't know many. Overall favourable impressions.

Finns:- Crazy, funny. I like their sense of humour a lot.

Greeks:- Get along fine with the ones I met / know.

Portuguese:- There are many in South Africa, generally impressions are favourable but the culture is a bit different.

French:- Some good, some bad, some ugly. They tend (specifically the Parisians) to overdo the arrogance a bit. I'm inclined to think about them in f*** them terms.

Belgians:- Walloonian ones I knew were great. Same with the Flemish. The two obviously don't get along.

Dutch:- Cool people, have some good friends there.

Serbs:- Good people generally but the women seem to be a bit too crazy for me, lol.

Croats:- Some good people but overall they're obsessed with Nazism which isn't really my thing.

Slovakians:- Good impressions, fun crowd

Italians:- Don't know enough to give an impression. They're also quite different depending on the region of origin. Had a 1/2 English 1/2 Italian housemate. Nightmare! :D

Spaniards:- I'm OK with them, don't know too many.

South Africans:- They're OK but I struggle to relate to many of them. Similar to Loki I also don't spend much time around them.

USA:- Mixed bag. I tend to identify best with people from the Southern states or from more working class type backgrounds. Online (and when I was living there) I found many to be very opinionated but incredibly uninformed while having an annoying habit of believing "we are #1" and that "we are altruists saving the world" type bs.

Canada:- People seem OK, I don't know many.

Australia / NZ:- Get along OK with them. Sometimes get the impression that NZ's suffer from small country syndrome.

Non-Europeans:

Japanese:- Bizarre but fascinating culture. Very creative and talented people (I don't buy those popular statements that Japanese aren't creative). Don't really understand them or relate to them much. They're just too strange. :)

Blacks / Africans:- Mixed bag. I tend to agree with Loki that (at least in the UK) the African blacks tend to be less trouble than the 2d / 3d generation "British" blacks. Those ones are useless.

I don't like the Somalis much. Consider the group as a whole to be trouble.

Nigerians - very shrewd, smarter than one would sometimes think. Terribly corrupt. This can alternately be a bad or a good thing, LOL. :D

Ghanians - less corrupt than the Nigerians.

Jamaicans - can be a lot of trouble but it depends.

Other groups:

Albanians:- Can't stand them. One way ticket to the ovens.

Egyptians:- Don't care much for them.

Turks:- Some are OK, others less so.

Jews:- A mixed bag. I've known some great ones. On the other hand, many are involved in every kind of racket imaginable - hence the universal dislike of them. These ones tend to organise against the host nations they feed off of which usually leads to the entire group being expelled or massacred. One of their most critical character flaws is greed. This gets them into trouble time and again.

Chinese:- Let's just say I wouldn't rent a property to one of them. (Japanese tenants are no problem at all).

Indians:- Mixed bag, some more OK than others. As with Jews, be careful when doing "deals".

Pakistanis:- Some OK, many idiots.

Loki
04-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I found this post (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=939564#post939564) on Skadi interesting, to say the least:

Individually, I tend to dislike the French and North Americans (including Canadians). I also dislike members of 'peasant' ethnicities such as Albanians, Bulgarians etc.

On a cultural level, I dislike liberal nationalities like the Dutch, the Swedes and the Canadians, and I also dislike non-race-conscious people like the French. I also hate the materialist, individualist and mercenary character of Americans.

Racially, my least favourite "white" groups would be the Mongolised people of Eastern Europe. Anywhere east of Poland is racially unimpressive to me. Mongoloid influence in Scandinavia is also rather too high for my taste. Most colonial nations are racially questionable, particularly the US, Canada, and New Zealand, where mixing with the indigenous people has been extensive. In South Africa the situation is so-so. Australians are the only colonials I would consider equal to Western Europeans racially.

Skandi
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
So in this totally unopinionated view you either have to be Polish, Australian, German or British, oh no scrap that last we've got WAY to much celtic admixture! He mentions twice that he hates Americans, but he is??? Funny that's for sure :)

Beorn
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I found this post (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=939564#post939564) on Skadi interesting, to say the least:

LOL! Crimwheat's another one of those questionable contributors in Skadi.

The Lawspeaker
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice fella that CrimWeath, it shows that he doesn't know a thing about Europe and not about the Dutch either. Seems like I should have a personal bias against chaps like him. Perhaps he has been smoking too much weed for his own good.

Beorn
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM

I'd have to say none at all. Not in Europe at least.

I am an amiable person and never find it hard to find a presentable level plain to communicate to other people, and never allow my individual experiences to cloud my overall opinion of others countries.

Loki
04-19-2009, 06:26 PM
LOL! Crimwheat's another one of those questionable contributors in Skadi.

And a member here (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=225). ;)

Thunor
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Fun thread, I think I'll resurrect it. :D These are just my personal biases, and not aimed at anyone on the forum:

Non-Europeans:

Blacks. The lowest race in the world. What annoys me the most about them is their parasitic dependence on whites. Their attitude to whites is almost always arrogant and insolent. They are violent, stupid and lazy. It was centuries ago these infernal creatures were taken from Africa, and they still haven't got their shit together. Wherever they go, they bring African chaos and shit-hut squalor with them. The slave trade should never have happened, it was America's worst mistake.

Mexicans. A swarm of locusts who are a realistic threat to our nation's existence. Not only are they outbreeding us at a fast rate, but every day they are streaming into our country like a pinata just exploded (to quote Edward Norton). Supposedly, we "need" them to do all the menial jobs our own people won't. Who the hell did these jobs before they came here by the millions? They're often illegal immigrants, can't speak English, and move in huge packs when outside their barrio. The Mexicans in my state are of horrible racial quality as well: they're dark, gnomish, slanty-eyed and positively Asiatic. The only "Latin" thing about them is their language.

East Asians. Not a physical threat like the former two, and less obviously disgusting, but still an unwanted presence in the US. Some of them are decent and hard-working people, others are very unpleasant. Overall, a mixed impression. Their rates of race-mixing into the white American population are pretty worrying.

Europeans that I dislike:

Armenians. The forum counts them as European, so I'll put them in here. After living among them in Cali, I'm very negative about them. They are the worst crooks you would ever have the displeasure of doing business with. Armenians are known as "the ians" because all their names end in that syllable. They rival the Jews in their greedy behavior. I remember them flying their flags and yelling about their "Ottoman Holocaust" (I'm sure these people think that if the Jews get away with their crap, then they could also do the same.) They are incredibly arrogant and everything is about their Armenia. Their youth, although imbued with Armenian pride from birth, imitate negro ghetto culture and are wiggers.

South Italians. A mixed bag, really. It's a certain demographic of Sicilian-Americans who are trouble - these people enjoy wallowing in their plastic "Italian identity" and show little respect for any other ethnic groups. Their youths tend to be gel-haired "guidos". Some of them have adapted well to America, but many of them have not and are still "ethnics". I heard somewhere that these Jersey Shore wannabes are a huge embarrassment to the real Italians in Italy.

Europeans that I like:

Germans. What can I say? My ancestry is from there, so naturally Germany is closest to my heart of all the European countries. The Germans that I've met were also very likeable people (for some reason, I relate better to the Southern Germans than to the Northern ones). I admire the German culture and history as well.

Scandinavians. Same impressions as the Germans, mostly. They're very polite, friendly, and easy to get along with. Nothing bad to say about the ones I've met online and in real life. Plus, their women are probably most good-looking ones in the world.

Russians. Very warm and friendly people, and not in the pushy or obnoxious way. I also like their culture and music. My overall impression of Russians is a good one. (Plus, from growing up during the Cold War, I always had a strong fascination with our "enemy". :D)

Peyrol
02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Italian americans aren't italian and no-one here recognize them in this way.

They've to realize this fact.

Peyrol
02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
This is the real sicilian/southern Italian cultural heritage.
Beautiful, rich and ancient.

JEoNmdVmWoI

Not greasy hairs, hyper lamp-tanning, ingorance and steroids.

Joe McCarthy
02-13-2012, 01:09 PM
There are only three groups I really dislike --

Chinese, or more specifically Communist China, as it is a budding and dangerous security threat.

Our black population. This is an ancestral hatred that cannot be reconciled between the two groups. As Jefferson said it'll end with separation, fusion, or extermination...

Mexicans. It is the patriotic duty of Americans to hate Mexicans. They are invaders and should be looked upon as a Greek in 1815 did the Turks.

I am fond of the English and British in general, as well as Canadians, Australians, and New Zealanders. I've liked the South Africans I've met. There are no Europeans I dislike but as I'm aware a few nationalities don't much like Americans I take that into consideration merely as a precaution.

Lucretius
02-13-2012, 01:11 PM
yes,just take a look at our ex prime minister,he always wore white clothes, didn't eat broad beans and liked to sing,he must be an adept of the Pitagoric school in Crotone (megale hellas)

http://cdn.blogosfere.it/politicaesocieta/images/mariano-apicella.jpg

Mosov
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Armenians. The forum counts them as European, so I'll put them in here. After living among them in Cali, I'm very negative about them. They are the worst crooks you would ever have the displeasure of doing business with. Armenians are known as "the ians" because all their names end in that syllable. They rival the Jews in their greedy behavior. I remember them flying their flags and yelling about their "Ottoman Holocaust" (I'm sure these people think that if the Jews get away with their crap, then they could also do the same.) They are incredibly arrogant and everything is about their Armenia. Their youth, although imbued with Armenian pride from birth, imitate negro ghetto culture and are wiggers.

What's so bad about remembering the Armenian Genocide? Armenians are more vocal about it because it's still denied by the main perpetrator. Though not all the youth is like that, I agree that the part of the youth that do imititate negro ghetto culture are repulsive. But it's not only some Armenian youth that do that, I'm sure many other groups have such youth.

Trun
02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Non-Europeans:

I haven't had much experience with Africans, Latinos, East and South Asians, so I'm neutral towards them.
I have positive attitude towards Iranics.
I dislike Turks, Jews and Arabs, Turks most.

Europeans:
I have rather negative attitude towards Northern and Western Europeans, I view them as cold and arrogant people.
My opinion for Northern Slavs, Slovenes, Baltics, Hungarians is rather neutral. I dislike Russians, however.
I like Balkanites (except Serbs) and Caucasians. Warm, hot-blooded people and beautiful women.

Hess
02-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Italian americans aren't italian and no-one here recognize them in this way.

They've to realize this fact.

Agreed. They may be Italian by blood,but they're just Americans

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Strong dislike:

1. Non-Secular Muslims. That might have to do smth with their constant efforts to exteminate Georgians for refusing to worship that famous pedophile. I don't have a problem with non-religious ones but Islam is general is very backwards.
2.Gypsies - I've never met other ethnic group/race that would be so overwhelmingly bad in terms of behaviour and looks. This coupled with their total refusal to adhere to social norms and evident racism towards non-gypsies makes them very unpleasant to me.

Mild Dislike:
1.South Asians. They have combination of arrogance and inferiority complexes that's honestly annoying
2.South-East Asians. It's not that they have ever done me harm but I just find their culture not very fascinating in general.
3.Blacks. I don't think they're really that bad - just very childish. Had they not been treated like full-grown members of society I would not mind them at all.
4.North Africans. Some are ok, some are not. Their culture is very foreign to me and their behaviour is quite unpleasant. So they have overall negative image in my eyes.

Joe McCarthy
02-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Many of them are not really Americans either, particularly the Sicilians. They're caught between two worlds, so to say, and this is mostly their own fault.

Peyrol
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM

That's for sure.

I consider italian american "guidos" like the first eritrean immigrant landed in Lampedusa: trash and garbage.

Unfortunately (i read many former post in this thread about it), usually "colonials" tend to consider them in the same way as we Italy-italians.

(despite the fact that, in reality, "italian" ethnicity as whole from Piedmont to Sicily don't exist)

Hess
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Many of them are not really Americans either, particularly the Sicilians. They're caught between two worlds, so to say, and this is mostly their own fault.

I suppose it's fair to say that they are an unharmonious mix of the two :lol:

That's for sure.

I consider italian american "guidos" like the first eritrean immigrant landed in Lampedusa: trash and garbage.

Unfortunately (i read many former post in this thread about it), usually "colonials" tend to consider them in the same way as we Italy-italians.

(despite the fact that, in reality, "italian" ethnicity as whole from Piedmont to Sicily don't exist)

That's interesting. So there is no such thing as an "Pan-Italian identity" ?.

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
These Guidos remind me of some Moscow-dwelling "Georgians". Quite a few of them don't even speak Georgian yet it does not stop them from embarassing the people with their guidesque antics (not to mention mafia-wannabes among them).

Peyrol
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM

A little curiosity, i don't think that you Americans know it ... have you noticed that the period of greatest activity of the mafia in the U.S. was from 1920 to about 1945? You know why?

It 'easy to guess ... in the early '30s, Mussolini declared the "Legge Suprema" (supreme law), and begins the hard fighting and the repression against the mafia in southern Italy (Mussolini couldn't conceive the existence of power alternative to fascism), and sent the prefect Cesare Mori (called "il prefetto di ferro", iron prefect) to Sicily.

By 1938, in Sicily wasn't remained even a single mobster: many were killed or deported to Eritrea or the colony of Tientsin (China)... and many, many of them fled to the United States, where they were helped by their relatives.
This explains why the period of increased activity and cruelty takes place in those years.

Just a curiosity, btw.

Peyrol
02-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I suppose it's fair to say that they are an unharmonious mix of the two :lol:

That's interesting. So there is no such thing as an "Pan-Italian identity" ?.

There is and i believe and substain the panitalism (i'm a result of this, being a northern/eastern and central italian mix), but i don't denigrate the fact that we are an amalgama of different traditions and extractions, however related each other in some way.

Our regional differences is one of our big problem, but also our cultural strength.

IMHO.

Alison
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
As for my own kin, white South Africans, I tend to avoid them. :p

That's IT! The friendship is OVER! *cries*

Mortimer
02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Arrogant People with superiority complexes

Flintlocke
02-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I hate everyone :cool:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-72XoGPY26uo/TJDEKf8HIaI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/MKQj3QDRok0/s1600/fuck-off-yall.jpg

Alison
02-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I get on with most people.

I really like Americans, (except low-life rednecks and African Americans in general) Australians, (darlings) Kiwis (such warm and hospitable people), Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish, Europeans, Canadians and Scandinavians.

I intensely loathe any race/ethnicity that is predominantly violent, dirty and uncouth.

Many white South Africans fall into the above category, unfortunately.

StonyArabia
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't dislike people as collective, but rather as individuals. People should be treated on individual basis. In all groups there are the good and bad. Judging on the collective often hampers understanding where you might needed the most but can't get it do to prejudice. To me all people are basically the same in one way or another.

Sikeliot
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
If you guys want to continue this discussion I will split the thread.. just let me know. I want to keep this one on topic.

Mortimer
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't dislike people as collective, but rather as individuals. People should be treated on individual basis. In all groups there are the good and bad. Judging on the collective often hampers understanding where you might needed the most but can't get it do to prejudice. To me all people are basically the same in one way or another.

I agree.

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
I'll add that despite dislike towards certain groups I treat individuals on basis of their actions/attitudes and not by their race/ethnicity.

Mortimer
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll add that despite dislike towards certain groups I treat individuals on basis of their actions/attitudes and not by their race/ethnicity.

seem contradictory, because in your first post you wrote how strongly you dislike some races.

StonyArabia
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Well done:thumb001: My Kavkaz bro

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
seem contradictory, because in your first post you wrote how strongly you dislike some races.

Nope. There's a difference between a group and individual.

Mortimer
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Nope. There's a difference between a group and individual.

a group consists of individuals, what do you hate about the group if not its invidiuals?

Sikeliot
02-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Splitting the thread.

Heart of Oak
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes I am very to the British, I know it's not fair but I can't help it...

Arsen_
02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I hate nobody! :)

I perceive all peoples living on Earth as kind of children of God.

Some of children of course should be behaved. Some should be educated. Some should be simply sent to the bathroom at first and dressed in clean clothes.

But they all need LOVE, HELP AND HUMANLY ATTITUDE! How can one hate children???

I hate only those who offend children. And to those hateful who hurt children I have no mercy! And I am pretty sure God will destroy all those who hateful to His children sooner or later!

Especially I am upset when some really unhappy people are hated.

And when someone says he hates that kind of people I think how worthless and despicable should be that man to hate those defenseless and pitiful people, whose lives are so miserable, who so desperately need help, food, education etc, whose even tricks and crimes are so naive and primitive, and for whom I cant feel anything but DEEP SORROW for them.

Richard
02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I dont hate anybody and i dont trust anyone.

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
a group consists of individuals, what do you hate about the group if not its invidiuals?

Group represents average qualities of people it consists of. Individual may deviate a lot from mean hence it's unwise to judge him based on group average.
Welcome to statistics 101, mate.

Mortimer
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Group represents average qualities of people it consists of. Individual may deviate a lot from mean hence it's unwise to judge him based on group average.
Welcome to statistics 101, mate.

it took you so long to answer? where on google did you found it? loool
seriously dude. to you some people who are of an certain group first need to "prove something". but you are an step forward than hating just everyone of an certain group.

mymy
02-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Some of children of course should be behaved. Some should be educated. Some should be simply sent to the bathroom at first and dressed in clean clothes.

I hate only those who offend children. And to those hateful who hurt children I have no mercy! And I am pretty sure God will destroy all those who hateful to His children sooner or later!

And when someone says he hates that kind of people I think how worthless and despicable should be that man to hate those defenseless and pitiful people, whose lives are so miserable, who so desperately need help, food, education etc, whose even tricks and crimes are so naive and primitive, and for whom I cant feel anything but DEEP SORROW for them.

You and i have similar view, although i am not religious. I can feel your words and find my life philosophy in them...

Padre Organtino
02-13-2012, 08:40 PM
it took you so long to answer? where on google did you found it? loool
seriously dude. to you some people who are of an certain group first need to "prove something". but you are an step forward than hating just everyone of an certain group.

Huh? I was out having a nice dinner and came back home only now. I have a life, you know. And I advise you to have one aswell instead of making silly threads.

GeistFaust
02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I think an individual is determined to some extent or another by their cultural and environmental settings, which in large part is an aggregate of biological factors. A lot of these unconscious influences are projected to the individual or groups of individuals through their parents, who got it from past generations who shared similar perspectives to a certain homogenous group of people.

In America there is a wide diversity of people that hate a wide diversity of different people, and its not always on the basis of racial identity. I would say that my beliefs have less to do with my parent's or grandparents, and more on the basis of my logic, reason, and intuition.

I have met some good Negroes, but generally I find their attitude distasteful, childish, savage, unintellectual and manipulative. Asians have been alright, but I never cared for their cultural mannerisms and eccentric personalities.

White trash Americans are another group I have prejudices against, and I dislike feminists, radical liberals, radical conservatives(Except for myself), Overtly Religious or Pious people, and Anti-Racists/Multi-Culturalist sympathizers.

One of the racial groups I have the most problems is with African Americans though overall with Asians coming in second, Indians third, and White trash fourth. The reason I put Indians third is because I have not met many compared to the amount of Asians I have met, and they were not as annoying and eccentric as the Asians. I can also put up with White trash types, because I am white myself, and despite the fact they can behave and act in a degenerate manner I can relate in a marginal manner to them.

Phil75231
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM

+1. what Arsen described (though I hate to say it, but some people simply will not want to change and continue being assholes, douchebags, petty, and generally despicable).

In my experiences, lifestyle / activity preferences more accurately predict a person's values, attitudes, and behaviors than nationality, race, language, religion, etc.

I will say I dislike, and even hate, "trashy" people - basically summed up as a lack of empathy, basic civility, and contemptuous of so-called "lessers" [especially those who hate on the helpless, weak, etc. for no other reason than that).

Of course, by that definition, "trashy" people don't always look a certain way, and not all "rednecks" are trashy people under that definition. I've seen trashy people who dress like fashion models and drive Lexus cars (and do I even need to mention certain celebrities, if the gossip is even half-accurate?). In short, it's the values and attitudes of a person that determine if they're trashy - not their fashion tastes and attitudes toward those "good enough" for them.

BTW, if you're behaving respectfully toward those who are generally considered "worthy", or show sympathy toward the same, so what? Don't even the biggest assholes, c*nts and douchebags do the same? No, what impresses me is how they treat people who can do them absolutely no good (paraphrase of Samuel Johnson).

Grumpy Cat
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I dislike people set out to deny me my dignity.

Chronos
02-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Armenians. ... They are incredibly arrogant and everything is about their Armenia...

I recall Mosov said in a different thread that, in essence, the only reason he is on this forum is because Europe serves, is in accordance to, Armenia's interest. I don't know if this is straight up egoism/narcissism, though this is more philosophical than anything else (not to mention his opinion was just one of many). It could be a false perception.

I suppose the question becomes would Armenians be against Europe if it was ambivalent/apathetic to its interests.

Padre Organtino
02-14-2012, 05:08 AM
I recall Mosov said in a different thread that, in essence, the only reason he is on this forum is because Europe serves, is in accordance to, Armenia's interest. I don't know if this is straight up egoism/narcissism, though this is more philosophical than anything else (not to mention his opinion was just one of many). It could be a false perception.

I suppose the question becomes would Armenians be against Europe if it was ambivalent/apathetic to its interests.

Most Armenians I know are pro-Euro at least in cultural sense meaning that they would support "islamophobic","racist" European national parties.

Joe McCarthy
02-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Most Armenians I know are pro-Euro at least in cultural sense meaning that they would support "islamophobic","racist" European national parties.

That's true, but they're usually sympathetic to the more fringe European nationalists, as they share the Turkey emphasis of groups like the NPD, the often pro-Iran feeling of groups like the BNP, the anti-Semitism, and the anti-Americanism. Armenians actually share much ground with neo-Nazis.

Mosov
02-14-2012, 05:33 AM

Can you clarify what I said? Quote?

We've been victims of Jihad for centuries. The latest being in the early 90s when jihad was called to support Azerbaijan in its war against Armenia. We crushed them.

rhiannon
02-14-2012, 05:57 AM

You, dear sir, are awesome:thumbs up

You basically took the words right out of my mouth:D

rhiannon
02-14-2012, 05:59 AM
You and i have similar view, although i am not religious. I can feel your words and find my life philosophy in them...

Yes to this. Exactly.:thumb001::thumb001:

Nairi
02-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Can you clarify what I said? Quote?

I think it is from your convo with Roy Batty and I agree with Chronos, some of your comments might come out not the way you meant, if you don't put additional explanation. I know what you meant but I also see why people get wrong impression. You should know that most people don't know us (Armenians), our history,culture,mentality. If the same is said by any other European people will get the point but we need to put some more efforts to be unerstood. :D

As for myself I believe regardless of any political advantage or disadvantage (which both we have) I am 100% pro European because that is my culture, my essence, I didn't adopt it from Europe proper, I grew up with it in Armenia, in my environment that is the done thing, done culture (Armenian European).So regardless of anything I am always on Europe's side...

And for the topic, I don't have hatred to any nation, just vigilant of those who still strive for our anhiiliation...

AFC_Lad
02-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Europeans that i dislike (not hate, i don't hate a single people on this planet just to clarify)

Germans: far too serious, awkward, and they really don't understand humour.. the majority that is.

Mosov
02-14-2012, 07:37 AM
I think it is from your convo with Roy Batty and I agree with Chronos, some of your comments might come out not the way you meant, if you don't put additional explanation. I know what you meant but I also see why people get wrong impression. You should know that most people don't know us (Armenians), our history,culture,mentality. If the same is said by any other European people will get the point but we need to put some more efforts to be unerstood. :D

Could please tell me which statements left the wrong impression?

Nairi
02-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Could please tell me which statements left the wrong impression?

Sorry, too long conversations about politics there for me to find. :)

Zack_Fair
02-14-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm biased against Extremist(terrorist) ''Muslims'' who have ruined the name of us good Muslims.

Heart of Oak
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I personally dislike going to the town Hall, here it's called The Guildhall an I hate it, you have to wait so long, and then you get some idiot of a Unmentionable type you know don't shave yet, telling you something you already told him. Ect.