PDA

View Full Version : Does God exist?

Methuselah
03-29-2023, 06:21 PM
Who/What could possibly create our universe? Some sort of laws of physics? Are they eternal? Discuss please.

Hektor12
03-29-2023, 06:26 PM
I think he does. Otherwise who would throw us into this shijt called world? I believe hes making fun of us and laughing out loud nonstop. Especially watching blonde women fighting each other based on already solved problems.

InmostLight
03-29-2023, 06:31 PM
God is a mad scientist, and we are the ants under the magnifying glass, but I still love Him for it <3 raw power

catgeorge
03-29-2023, 06:38 PM
Laws of physics?

Can science explain why humans can think for themselves and have a soul?

All prominent philosophy scholars are deeply religious. Because when you ask a question within a question the answers are always the same.

As for us simple beings I tend to think tragic wisdoms is a requirement as a vehicle for simple people to improve and grow in character.

Universe
03-29-2023, 06:46 PM
Who/What could possibly create our universe? Some sort of laws of physics? Are they eternal? Discuss please.
The guy in the video raises some interesting points which are somewhat related to your questions imo.
Although I don't think "Mandela effect" belongs here. It's an overrated phenomenon, it's just people misremembering stuff.

https://youtu.be/4wMhXxZ1zNM?t=1

Universe
03-29-2023, 06:48 PM
Laws of physics?

Can science explain why humans can think for themselves and have a soul?

All prominent philosophy scholars are deeply religious. Because when you ask a question within a question the answers are always the same.

As for us simple beings I tend to think tragic wisdoms is a requirement as a vehicle for simple people to improve and grow in character.
Animals can think (especially the more intelligent ones like apes). What is a soul? And if humans have a soul, why don't chimpanzees, elephants and dogs have souls?

Incal
03-29-2023, 06:52 PM
Maybe. But it's definitely not an old guy with a long beard like many people think.

catgeorge
03-29-2023, 06:58 PM
Animals can think (especially the more intelligent ones like apes). What is a soul? And if humans have a soul, why don't chimpanzees, elephants and dogs have souls?

Well thats exactly it, science is incapable to explain it.

They never have and never will.

gixajo
03-29-2023, 07:30 PM
Since I can't know if God exists or not, and apparently, even if he exists, it doesn't affect what I live or what happens to me, I don't take it into account.

Could it exist? Yes. But since God remains silent and does not intervene, and the possible proofs of its existence are always subjective, not very enlightening, and can only be reached through faith (blind trust without reason), God could also not exist.

Batavia
04-15-2023, 12:25 PM
Nobody knows for sure, many people say that there is something we canīt explain and perhaps theyīre right... but who knows?
There is certainly no old bearded man looking down on us from heaven.
But in the end, we can't say anything about its existence, itīs just speculation.

Hexachordia
04-15-2023, 01:19 PM
Christianity is more about faith in scripture, rather than God. God is a kind of acknowledgement rather than anything, like a monarch in the spiritual realm, which people believe to exist and be ruled by Jesus Christ. Who says a god has to create the universe to be the God, that sounds retarded. Humans create the universe ourselves. The true God is the king of the netherside of this limited world which is just a tip of the iceberg of the unmanifested world under the spiritual laws. God do exist, but if you do not acknowledge him then God do not exist for you and you are alone in the universe, and you are all about the tiny tip of the egouniverse.

Annihilus
04-15-2023, 01:22 PM
Since I can't begin to comprehend god it's existence is a non issue for me.

Petalpusher
04-22-2023, 09:28 AM
There is an order and fine tuning to the universe which looks like something initiated the spark willingly and in a precise way. To reconcile this fact with the generally atheist stance in current science/cosmology, we ve invented the multiverse concept, justifying why ours is just one of many that happened through probabilites, leading eventually to a very fine tuned one for us to exist and witness it.

The issue i have with it, is it's like saying there is a winner for each lottery and that indeed needs no external intervention to arrive to this fact but that doesn't explain why the lottery is here in the first place or how it would have been randomly generated as well since it's a more complex mechanism in itself, rather than eternal nothingness. A system needs to be much more complex and designed to generate different outcomes than only one possible result, in the same way a computer creates 0 and 1 to produce an infinite amount of combinations, rather than always 0, or 1. Its design can't be randomly generated in nature other than in living things with a brain. Hence all the simulation theories we have seen appearing, that would mesh more with the reality of the universe we observe, but still doesn't answer what created the system.

It's a way to push away the problem in the realm of our current unknowns.

catgeorge
04-22-2023, 10:31 AM
The acknowledgement is in the glory of filling your soul with light.
Because the alternative is very dark....The moment society has turned away from goodly spiritual nourishment - comes out the demonic woke and its friends.

ilias1990
01-11-2024, 05:34 AM
It is about how you coceive the world to be...
If there is order and purpose, then there is a god or an entity that created the universe. As Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas and other philosophers have said, for every result there is a cause, therefore for the first ever result there would be a first ever cause and this first cause is god.
On the other hand. if you believe in chaos and randomness of things, then there is probably nothing.

Anyway, i believe that god exists. But god cannot be perceived through logic. God is a transendent being, not something that our sences can coprehend. So we either experience God with our inner self or we don't.

Ps; Sorry for my poor English, it is very difficult when you wanna talk about philosophy (metaphysics in particular) and you don't speak the language well.