PDA

View Full Version : Ways of Darkness

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 08:27 PM
http://wod-game-en.forumotion.co.uk/

My own play-by-post role-playing game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-post_role-playing_game). It's set in a fictional word with a Medieval setting, a mixture of Dark Fantasy and High Fantasy, meaning that it has vampires, werewolves, liches, necromancers, dragons, fairies, knights in shining armour, etc.
It has 15 playable races, if we do not count the secondary races (lich, vampire, werewolf, werebear, wererat, werelion, weretiger, wereboar).
As I said before, it is set in a fictional world.

Beorn
11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
A fucking 'wer-rat'?

What God was pissed off in order to be bitten by a creature who transforms from human into a rat every full moon?

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 08:33 PM
A fucking 'wer-rat'?

What God was pissed off in order to be bitten by a creature who transforms from human into a rat every full moon?

I don't know :p

http://wod-game-en.forumotion.co.uk/t24-secondary-race-lycantrophe-werewolf-werebear-werelion-wereboar-weretiger-wererat

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone else interested? :D

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
LOL!

Get the hell out of my thread.
The last thing I want is you trolling here. :mad:

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes, don't send any of your hungarian vampires after me... LOL!!!!

*Sigh*

Btw, why are you using all this European imagery in your game. You know, since you are a west asian and everything? LOL!!!

Shut the **** up, troll.

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:44 PM
"Greater evidence points to Asia as the Magyar's original homeland. Exactly what part of Asia has been a matter of dispute for generations, but it is clear that the Magyars came from the East. "

"Scholars known as orientalists believe that the origin of Magyars and their language is not found in the Urals, but in Central Asia known as the Turanian Plain or Soviet Turkestan which stretches from the Caspian Sea eastward to Lake Balchas."

"The connection between the Magyars and the Uygurs tie Hungarians even closer to Asia. The Uygurs are people who live in the Xinjiang province of China."

http://hungarianhistory.freeservers.com/magyars.html

Perhaps you'd enjoy a game with more Asian imagery? LOL! LOL! LOL! :pound:

Get the **** out of my thread, please. :rolleyes:

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Why the bad temper Mr. Wong? :rofl: :pound: :lol:

http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/20/8585.KyonFacepalmMessage.jpg

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Someone PLEASE make Savant shut up...
(That ignorant asshole doesn't even know that the majority of Hungarians have been Christian ever since 1001)

Treffie
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Savant, stop shitting on this thread:icon_neutral:

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:08 PM
LMAO! Yes, all the hungarian protestant lutherans... :dielaughing:

Hahaha, no sir. Most of your west asian kinfolk are muslim or buddhist. Why don't you embrace the religion of your kinfolk which is natural to you???

Your ignorance is beyond my imagination.

Hungarians were never even muslim or buddhist to begin with.
We were originally Tengriist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengriism)s, until 1001, when the majority of Hungarians became Roman Catholic.
In the 16th century, the Protestant Reformation came... the majority of Hungarians became Calvinists, while a few became Lutherans. And then the counter-reformation came in the 17th century, and most Hungarians became Catholic again.
Thus, we have been in Central-Europe ever since 895 AD.

Stop pretending that we were teleported from China into Europe recently :rolleyes:

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:19 PM
In any case, can you tell me about this RPG, or what kind of RPG this is? I'm not familiar by 'play-by-post' RPGs.

An RPG is a roleplaying game, where each person plays one character. Imagination must be used. There can be a game-master who tells where you are, and controls the NPCs (Non-Player-Characters), let's say that Player A plays a Wizard, Player B is a Warrior, and Player C is the Game Master who tells them where they are and what happens to them.
However, a Game Master is not necessary. The players can do the stuff by agreeing on things mutually.
"Bob stabbed Joe, Joe died." is incorrect.
"Bob flicked out his switchblade with a wicked grin, and lunged at Joe with it; intending to stab his stomach with the sudden motion." is correct.

A play-by-post game (PbP) is an online text-based role-playing game. This is a niche area of the online roleplaying community which caters to both gamers and creative writers. PbP games are often based on other role-playing games, non-game fiction, or original settings. This activity is closely related to both interactive fiction and collaborative writing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-post_role-playing_game

The first message posted onto a thread of that nature is usually one person laying down the scenario, starting a story about their character and inviting others. The thread then becomes an ongoing story in which players periodically advance the plot by reading the latest reply and then typing what their character does and how the environment changes in response. These replies are often open-ended so that other players can continue.

derange
11-26-2011, 10:20 PM

My own play-by-post role-playing game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-post_role-playing_game). It's set in a fictional word with a Medieval setting, a mixture of Dark Fantasy and High Fantasy, meaning that it has vampires, werewolves, liches, necromancers, dragons, fairies, knights in shining armour, etc.
It has 15 playable races, if we do not count the secondary races (lich, vampire, werewolf, werebear, wererat, werelion, weretiger, wereboar).

And you won't let me be in the Nazi group.

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
And you won't let me be in the Nazi group.

What does this have to do with my RPG? :confused:

Baron Samedi
11-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm actually interested in participating in this, maybe... What do I have to do?

I love rpgs.

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm actually interested in participating in this, maybe... What do I have to do?

Well, you can register, and create your character. All the instructions are on the site.

However, we need to invite a lot of people to start the engine.

I love rpgs.

So do I.

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, Mr. Wong, I know what an RPG is. But what is a PbP game? For example, who is the GM? How are events determined? Who rolls the dice? How does it work? That's what I was curious about...

In a PbP game, each player posts after the other ine a pre-defined order. It's open ended, each post progresses the plot.

The GM can be the administrator, or any player who is entrusted with the role.
As for dices, we don't roll dices in my game. We just write.
So it works like this:

Player A:
*Looks around on the former battlefield, only to see dead people. The only person alive is his friend.*
- I think we should be going now. There is nothing left for us to see here.
Player B:
- I agree. We better be going now.
*Mounts his horse, and waits for his friend to do the same. After that, they start going northwards.*
GM:
*As the two friends mount their horses and go northwards, they see three armoured men on horses approaching. Are they friends for foes? Only time will tell.*

Off course, this is just for demonstration.
In reality, we have to write MUCH much much more detailed.

HungAryan
11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Ok, so all the outcomes are just determined by the GM, there is nothing to determine the course of events, other than how the GM determines they will happen?

It depends.
The players control their own characters, and sometimes their companions as well.
If there is a GM, then the GM determines the outcome of the events.
If there is no GM, then the players determine the outcome of the events.
Even if there is a GM, sometimes GMs give the players some power to determine the outcome.

Eldritch
11-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Rolling in your own excrement again and then running around the forum trying to hug people, Savant? You filthy little cunt.

Savant
11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
LOL what? I'd be perfectly willing to respond to your impromptu tourette's outburst if it made any real sense. In any case, if there's an issue you'd like to take up with me feel free to do so in private or otherwise. I'd prefer public, because, let's face it, you aren't exactly known for your honesty and desire to deal above board. You and perhaps a few maggots you could find might call me a "filthy little cunt", but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who could manufature any viable accusation of me being underhanded, unlike what's frequently been said about you. I think we've objectively establshed that I'm infinitely more tech savvy than you. Guess you're feeling particularly European today; what, with all your infinite class, good form, and sublime couth... If you havne't good the decorum to address your issue with a minimum of class, at least be man enough to have the nuts to publicly state your case. I'd very much appreciate that. Have a good day.

Rolling in your own excrement again and then running around the forum trying to hug people, Savant? You filthy little cunt.

Eldritch
11-27-2011, 02:15 PM
You already had been told by a moderator to quit posting garbage in this thread (which you did no less than 11 times). If you like to dish it out but cannot take it, then that is not my problem. And you are the last person alive who can criticise others on matters on class and politeness.

Unurautare
11-27-2011, 02:28 PM

Can you post some pictures of the in-game stuff?! Also you didn't give the basic information in a satisfactory manner: is it an adventure game? is it PvE,PvP or both? Also you said almost nothing about the lore except the races.

Savant
11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
And this is precisely why you have the reputation which you for being dishonest and not dealing above board: I was not "told by a moderator to quit posting garbage in this thread" which I did 11 times following being told by a moderator. In fact as soon as the moderator said something, I left the heckling (which I also regularly recieve from this poster) behind, and continue asking questions relating to the game, which I was genuinely curious about. This is a very good illustration why you have the reputation which you do. To hear you tell it, I kept on heckling (which again is very frequenly done to me by this veyr poster) 11 times AFTER I was told. That's the bullshit impression you were trying to create, which is of course a complete lie. The fact is that following Tref's statement, I asked questions about the game.

Dish what out but not take it? Quite the contrary I've taken lots of similar behavior from this poster. Surely you jest. LOL! It is, after all, just about everyone here but me wetting themselves over this. You do realize that, right? I dish nothing which I'm not willing to take; yet another illustration of your distortion and dishonestly. Of course it belabors the obvious to state that I'm the one who "can't take" anything in this situation. Then you're just baffeled when people have this impression of you, and claim that they are the one's who are "biased". My critique was of distortion and dishonesy, and manufacturing half truths and blatant lies to indict someone is very much a part of having class. Of course, I'm also not a moderator... In any case, I have made precisely two complaints ever in my entire tenure here: 1) when a group of people were falsely saying that I'd claimed that it was okay to rape women, or that some women deserve to be raped (over the line slander, and most importantly, untrue) and 2) when Civis said that he hoped white Americans were nuked, and that the people who died on 9-11 all deserved to die. It's becoming pretty clear how misleading and dishonest you are being, in that I have NEVER complained about this sort of issue. Also like many cowardly, whiny bitches around here, I'll tell you exactly what I've complained about, and about whom. Your infantile name calling isn't what I was complaining about, it's your misleading dishonestly. THAT is what I was complaining about, I'm sorry if that wasn't perfectly clear in my post. My points here are fair and reasonable ones.

You already had been told by a moderator to quit posting garbage in this thread (which you did no less than 11 times). If you like to dish it out but cannot take it, then that is not my problem. And you are the last person alive who can criticise others on matters on class and politeness.

Savant
11-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Here's the thing though, HOW do they determine the outcome? Surely there will often be times whcih players do not agree on what outcome should or did happen. In the "good old days" you'd roll dice to see the outcomes, whether or not a lie was believed, or a haggling attemt was successful for many things, combat and non combat. So, what if two players disagreee about what happens or something. It seems as if there has to be some independent point of reference for things to function. No?

It depends.
The players control their own characters, and sometimes their companions as well.
If there is a GM, then the GM determines the outcome of the events.
If there is no GM, then the players determine the outcome of the events.
Even if there is a GM, sometimes GMs give the players some power to determine the outcome.

Eldritch
11-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, LOL. :rolleyes:

Next time you're tempted to go shitting all over some member's thread (regardless of what your relationship with that person may be like), don't.

But as a bare minimum don't pull the innocence abused act if you do, and someone takes you to task over it.

HungAryan
11-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Can you post some pictures of the in-game stuff?! Also you didn't give the basic information in a satisfactory manner: is it an adventure game? is it PvE,PvP or both? Also you said almost nothing about the lore except the races.

It's a text-based online role-playing game, so there are no pictures to be shown.

But if you really want a picture, then...

Here is one from the English version
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8232/39146578.png

And here are some from the original Hungarian
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4237/88397767.png
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9783/15667446.png
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6781/14731998.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-post_role-playing_game

A play-by-post game (PbP) is an online text-based role-playing game. This is a niche area of the online roleplaying community which caters to both gamers and creative writers. PbP games are often based on other role-playing games, non-game fiction, or original settings. This activity is closely related to both interactive fiction and collaborative writing.

Play-by-post games are usually written in the third person perspective. This allows the players (and gamemasters, if any) to write in the personas of their characters. This is the best way to separate the player character from the person playing the character (the typist), and it makes the game more readable. Sometimes online game terms such as OOC (Out of character) or OOG (Out of Game) are used to differentiate character vs. personal posting.
The first message posted onto a thread of that nature is usually one person laying down the scenario, starting a story about their character and inviting others. The thread then becomes an ongoing story in which players periodically advance the plot by reading the latest reply and then typing what their character does and how the environment changes in response. These replies are often open-ended so that other players can continue.
Depending on the rules established on the forum, roleplaying and story can be pushed forward through moderation by a gamemaster, specific rules (often existing role-playing game systems), or by mutual agreement between players.
Role-playing by mutual agreement does not rely on statistics or dice; any combat is usually written in entirety by one or more players. In some games, players will be allowed to include the actions of another player in their post, but this practice is commonly considered cheating in more established play-by-post games, where players are responsible for their own characters. Any form of this cheating (automatic hits and controlling another player's character) is commonly referred to as "power playing" or "God modding". However, one player may temporarily hand over control of their character to another player if they cannot play for a while, rather than dropping out entirely.
In certain play-by-post gaming circles larger-scale boards exist where the entire board is devoted to advancing a single storyline, rather than many different stories proceeding in separate threads. They vary in organization, but many include a full set of rules governing roleplaying and combat between players, threads detailing a set storyline (often contributed to by plot-advancing, staff-organized events, or player roleplays), character approval forums, and a full staff with admin(s) and moderators. These types of games then vary from that groundwork; some games go as far as to include a virtual "world" to roleplay in, by cutting up the entire game universe into separate forums, each based on locations within that universe. All games set in a particular setting are played in the corresponding forum.
Many message board based games establish a hierarchy of moderators to manage plot flow and continuity. To keep story threads organised the message board is often organised into forums based on geographical location within the game setting.

Internet forums are the most common medium for Play-by-Post gaming. Some online forums provide benefits such as online dice rolling, Play by Post map (i.e. persistent hosted web based combat maps), character profiling and game history. Others emphasize the use of free-hand and the absence of dice and chance. Thanks to online forums, players can easily keep track of all aspects of the game, can see what is happening elsewhere and can re-read anything they have previously written. Many online services provide free game hosting for gamemasters.
In some message-board role-playing forums, dice rolls are made by the GMs either in real life or through a number generating program external to the role-playing message board. This relies heavily on trust from the players, and can potentially lead to problems such as favoritism.
Message-board role-playing is faster than play-by-email, but as all players can see all the posts there can possibly be problems on forums that do not support private messages. Sites like Proboards, Invisionfree and others of that sort are used for this. There can also be issues where multiple players respond to a post at once and contradict each other, requiring posts to either be edited or deleted. Sometimes the GMs will need to sort out such a situation when it occurs if an agreement cannot be reached by the players.
Some message boards allow members of any level of writing to join. These are usually called free-for-all, or beginner RPGs. A member who does not write long posts or use proper grammar may be referred to as a "noob". Some sites are advanced, with a word minimum for every post. The word minimum usually falls between 200 to 800 words. Intermediate RPGs usually require three to five, sometimes more, paragraphs per post. In advanced roleplays it might be required to have in excess of eight paragraphs per post, but such forums are rare. Yet other websites cater to all levels of roleplaying, with specific sections for various difficulty levels.
In some cases, the GM is not present and dice rolling is not required. Combat and other measures are handled by a set of rules that prevent the likes of:
"Bob stabbed Joe, Joe died." From happening.
To make it "Bob flicked out his switchblade with a wicked grin, and lunged at Joe with it; intending to stab his stomach with the sudden motion."
The difference is that things don't automatically hit, but it requires a high level of player trust due to someone just being able to post "Dodges, avoids, etc." every single combat post.
It is typically suggested in this type of dice-less roleplaying that some form of roleplay "trust" is built between the players, because the players themselves determine how/if their character is injured. There are times when this can lead to arguments which are then typically settled by either a GM or (if there are no GM in the RP system) by a council of moderators and other board member. Though this is rare, it does sometimes happen.

As for lore, you can simply look up the site if you are curious.

Savant
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Way to dodge every point that I made, which invalidated your character attacks and name calling spasms. Dont' worry, it really wasn't very noticable at all, I'm sure no one caught on....

Of course this "issue" had already been settled and turned into a conversation about gaming, until you came in here, started calling names and throwing tantrums about it, and even making up fabrications and blatant lies to try to validate it.

I didn't pull any "act" much less an innocent one. By all means if you care to try to validate that fairy tale like the other manure you were just confronted on on, please do so and I'll dispose of that with at least as much efficiency. In the future, I'd appreciate if your attacks on me were based on the actual facts and you didn't resort to dishonesty in attempt to manufacture a character attack, or to justify a name calling tantrum. I also don't think it's absurd to think that rules ought to be applied evenly. You certainly haven't put on your superman cape on the numerous occasions that he's done the same thing. Of course, I don't whine, cry, and complain to mods when someone says something I dont like. I take care of my own buisness. Nor do I delete their comments and censor their statements when they make points which I don't like, but can not overcome. I think that's a reasonable, congenial request. I hope you feel the same way. IVD and I have a pretty well established, MUTUAL standard of heckling each other. There are many such rivalries here, but only a handful send you rushing in with a cape on, calling names and stomping your feet about them, and only a few you're visibly one sided about. However, this isn't anything out of the ordinary here, as we both know, of course all of that is water under the bridge and had been reconciled before you came, and has nothing to do with my points about your dishonesty and distortion in making character attacks against me. These are reasonable points, I believe. I hope you feel the same way, so that this can be put behind us.

Yes, LOL. :rolleyes:

Next time you're tempted to go shitting all over some member's thread (regardless of what your relationship with that person may be like), don't.

But as a bare minimum don't pull the innocence abused act if you do, and someone takes you to task over it.

HungAryan
11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Here's the thing though, HOW do they determine the outcome? Surely there will often be times whcih players do not agree on what outcome should or did happen. In the "good old days" you'd roll dice to see the outcomes, whether or not a lie was believed, or a haggling attemt was successful for many things, combat and non combat. So, what if two players disagreee about what happens or something. It seems as if there has to be some independent point of reference for things to function. No?

In that case, we can just simply ask a GM to temporally - or even permanently - oversee the game, and roll the dice.

Eldritch
11-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Way to dodge every point that I made, which invalidated your character attacks and name calling spasms. Dont' worry, it really wasn't very noticable at all, I'm sure no one caught on....

Of course this "issue" had already been settled and turned into a conversation about gaming, until you came in here, started calling names and throwing tantrums about it, and even making up fabrications and blatant lies to try to validate it.

I didn't pull any "act" much less an innocent one. By all means if you care to try to validate that fairy tale like the other manure you were just confronted on on, please do so and I'll dispose of that with at least as much efficiency. In the future, I'd appreciate if your attacks on me were based on the actual facts and you didn't resort to dishonesty in attempt to manufacture a character attack, or to justify a name calling tantrum. I also don't think it's absurd to think that rules ought to be applied evenly. You certainly haven't put on your superman cape on the numerous occasions that he's done the same thing. Of course, I don't whine, cry, and complain to mods when someone says something I dont like. I take care of my own buisness. Nor do I delete their comments and censor their statements when they make points which I don't like, but can not overcome. I think that's a reasonable, congenial request. I hope you feel the same way. IVD and I have a pretty well established, MUTUAL standard of heckling each other. There are many such rivalries here, but only a handful send you rushing in with a cape on, calling names and stomping your feet about them, and only a few you're visibly one sided about. However, this isn't anything out of the ordinary here, as we both know, of course all of that is water under the bridge and had been reconciled before you came, and has nothing to do with my points about your dishonesty and distortion in making character attacks against me. These are reasonable points, I believe. I hope you feel the same way, so that this can be put behind us.

I clean up your droppings from our collective, metaphorical carpet on a regular basis. There are very few things I'd rather not be doing, but I do it, because I am actually quite devoted to this community and its members. I cannot be bothered with the order they were deposited here in any longer, because, after all, there were similar ones here yesterday, and there will be more tomorrow. And if I also cannot be bothered to be diplomatic anymore, it is because I know you cannot be housetrained. I've seen a few hopeless cases before and I recognise one now.

Now take your whining somewhere else, because I have zero sympathy for or interest in you left. And I would be surprised if I was alone in this.