PDA

View Full Version : Notable people placed in their birth locations!

rothaer
04-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Have fun!

https://tjukanovt.github.io/notable-people

B01AB20
04-17-2023, 08:20 PM
Carlos Castaneda was mexican.

I read and enjoyed his saga about Don Juan Matus, the yaki indian shaman.

I searched information about him but the guy is kind of mysterious.

Petalpusher
04-17-2023, 08:42 PM
Cool tool. I think when you have parents or grandparents from specific small towns or village, there s a very fair chance you are at least distantly related to the old notable figures who were also born there.

Small issue though, they often overlap and are hidden if several of those are born in the same town. For example Ampère only appeared when discovery/science was selected.

rothaer
04-17-2023, 08:48 PM
Cool tool. I think when you have parents or grandparents from specific small towns or village, there s a very fair chance you are at least distantly related to the old notable figures who were also born there.

Small issue though, they often overlap and are hidden if several of those are born in the same town. For example Ampère only appeared when discovery/science was selected.

Interesting.

And yes, I'm already searching in small ancestral villages! :) The number of entries seems huge.

cass
04-17-2023, 08:54 PM
Nobel prize-winning Günter Grass is not notable?
Many are missing.

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-17-2023, 09:10 PM
This is a useless website. Why not just buy Charles Murray's book on Human Accomplishments?

rothaer
04-17-2023, 09:14 PM
Nobel prize-winning Günter Grass is not notable?
Many are missing.

He's there in big letters even. Check the "culture" box.

Voskos
04-17-2023, 09:24 PM
I did not know Herodotus was born what is now Turkey and Aesop in Bulgaria!

cass
04-17-2023, 09:30 PM
He's there in big letters even. Check the "culture" box.

Thank God, at least one distant kin. He should be placed in Wrzeszcz/Langfuhr Schellmühlerweg.

Lemminkäinen
04-17-2023, 10:25 PM
Charlotte Kalla is mentioned, but not Therese Johaug and Marit Björgen. Sancta simplicata.