PDA

View Full Version : I was blocked on a FB group for Adulting (making friends)

Richmondbread
04-27-2023, 04:30 AM
This group and it was in my home town for locals to meet friends and do fun activities together.

I don't know why because I posted my intro and it was approved by the Admin, but within a few days they flagged me and now I am blocked from viewing the page entirely . When I logged out, I can view their FB page and someone posted me as a new member in a list of names which was just posted today . I don't know why I was blocked. I just mentioned I was hoping to meet my future wife possibly. Also it's technically for 20s and 30 somethings but they do allow "older" members and one guy was as old as 50 or something. So I don' think age was the issue. I feel rejected and unwelcome.

Mortimer
04-27-2023, 04:58 AM
Maybe because you are Meade Skelton alt-right?

NSXD60
04-27-2023, 05:05 AM
The woke are everywhere. One or two Marxists objecting and the rest go along for fear of being cancelled.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
04-27-2023, 05:08 AM
Ritchy...did you try it on with a woman or two in that group...come on lad spill the beans ;)

Richmondbread
04-27-2023, 05:33 AM
Ritchy...did you try it on with a woman or two in that group...come on lad spill the beans ;)

No, I was very careful. Just put my interest and hobbies. Nothing political. I did mention I enjoyed visiting old plantation homes and I was interested in Southern heritage. But.. I live in the South. Many of the people in the group are from out of town, tho.

Blondie
04-27-2023, 06:09 AM
No, I was very careful. Just put my interest and hobbies. Nothing political. I did mention I enjoyed visiting old plantation homes and I was interested in Southern heritage. But.. I live in the South. Many of the people in the group are from out of town, tho.

Nowadays it means your more nazi than Hitler himself :rotfl:

Richmondbread
04-27-2023, 06:10 AM
Nowadays it means your more nazi than Hitler himself :rotfl:

oh Lawd..

Mortimer
04-27-2023, 06:16 AM
Reading your OP Meade, I joined a local singles group on fb, a woman was already racist to me she attacked me for wearing jogging pants I posted my picture with the car and she said "they wear only joggingpants" i dont know who they are, but probably immigrants?

nittionia
04-27-2023, 09:16 AM
Reading your OP Meade, I joined a local singles group on fb, a woman was already racist to me she attacked me for wearing jogging pants I posted my picture with the car and she said "they wear only joggingpants" i dont know who they are, but probably immigrants?

Look on the bright side. Maybe “they” are people who run and she doesn’t like to exercise

Loki
04-27-2023, 10:29 AM

If it wasn't related to your conduct (since you are still new), it most likely is because you mentioned "Southern heritage". That's unacceptable discrimination, really sad what is happening to American society. Probably for the best for you. Try looking for a girl in church.

Please don't feel rejected, because the real problem is with them, not you. It's not your fault, it's a positive that you are proud of your heritage. They are the losers.

gixajo
04-27-2023, 11:04 AM
If it wasn't related to your conduct (since you are still new), it most likely is because you mentioned "Southern heritage". That's unacceptable discrimination, really sad what is happening to American society. Probably for the best for you. Try looking for a girl in church.

Please don't feel rejected, because the real problem is with them, not you. It's not your fault, it's a positive that you are proud of your heritage. They are the losers.

Well, to be honest, we would have to say that political and ideological intolerance and the denial, banning or blocking of those who has a different opinion about some issues is a problem both for that site for (hypothetically) having blocked RB and for RB's (or any other that is not RB) own way of thinking.

You know what I mean, you too as the owner of TA have made that power effective with quite similar criteria.

It is a sad reality that affects us all, political and ideological polarization is present in all areas, and always ends up creating injustices against those of the opposite group.

But of course, if both sides insist on not allowing the other and that only his ideological position prevails over the contrary, it is an insoluble problem, at least until both realize that they have to learn to live together. and that they are forced to coexist.

Richmondbread
04-28-2023, 12:34 AM
Well, to be honest, we would have to say that political and ideological intolerance and the denial, banning or blocking of those who has a different opinion about some issues is a problem both for that site for (hypothetically) having blocked RB and for RB's (or any other that is not RB) own way of thinking.

You know what I mean, you too as the owner of TA have made that power effective with quite similar criteria.

It is a sad reality that affects us all, political and ideological polarization is present in all areas, and always ends up creating injustices against those of the opposite group.

But of course, if both sides insist on not allowing the other and that only his ideological position prevails over the contrary, it is an insoluble problem, at least until both realize that they have to learn to live together. and that they are forced to coexist.

It wasn't either. They emailed me back and said it was flagged for spam by FB but then I violated their rules by putting in "looking for a future wife". Its not a singles group.

Richmondbread
04-28-2023, 12:35 AM

They explained it was the "looking for a future wife" part that got me banned, but they said they would unblock me to understand it is not a singles meet up group.

HannibaltheGreat
04-28-2023, 01:12 AM
This group and it was in my home town for locals to meet friends and do fun activities together.

I don't know why because I posted my intro and it was approved by the Admin, but within a few days they flagged me and now I am blocked from viewing the page entirely . When I logged out, I can view their FB page and someone posted me as a new member in a list of names which was just posted today . I don't know why I was blocked. I just mentioned I was hoping to meet my future wife possibly. Also it's technically for 20s and 30 somethings but they do allow "older" members and one guy was as old as 50 or something. So I don' think age was the issue. I feel rejected and unwelcome.They probably have seen your posting history here or somewhere else and dont like you

Richmondbread
04-28-2023, 01:46 AM
They probably have seen your posting history here or somewhere else and dont like you

Unfortunately, I am somewhat of a public figure and it does get in the way a bit.

Mortimer
04-28-2023, 01:53 AM
Look on the bright side. Maybe “they” are people who run and she doesn’t like to exercise

Thanks. It isnt that terrible though, it could be worse, i think some made fun of me, also because of the car, who is not even mine. They think, i think i can get easy women with showing off the car, maybe my picture is a stereotype of a "migrant" who likes white women, or is a "macho" or something. Im not angry they do not know me, they just saw one picture, that is what they can judge. But I responded, and said I was judged by how i look and they cannot know how i think and what my attitudes are, i usually manage to defend myself and gain some acceptance, even if initially i didnt had it. now some defended me, and i think the admins deleted the ridiculing posts. maybe they also want to be humourus too, i think in these austrian single groups there are really not many foreigners immigrants, and i guess a male immigrant would have it hard, probably a female less so.

Incal
04-28-2023, 02:10 AM
I don't know why because I posted my intro and it was approved by the Admin, but within a few days they flagged me and now I am blocked from viewing the page entirely ..

Could you please copy paste that intro? I want to examine.

Richmondbread
04-28-2023, 03:08 AM
Could you please copy paste that intro? I want to examine.

I lost it

Anglo-Celtic
04-28-2023, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately, I am somewhat of a public figure and it does get in the way a bit.

This is why you should sing jingles behind the scenes. Use "Colonel Frank Grimes" as an alias when you get commercial gigs.

Hyena
04-29-2023, 05:46 AM

It's true - in the Richmond University District, he is well know from the monument meltdown. He is known as 'Monument Meade' in the VCU district.

Anglo-Celtic
04-29-2023, 06:56 AM
It's true - in the Richmond University District, he is well know from the monument meltdown. He is known as 'Monument Meade' in the VCU district.

There you are! I knew that Richmondbread would bring you with him.

Richmondbread
04-29-2023, 07:06 PM

This is a complete fabrication. I am known for my music and controversial blogging opinions.

SilverKnight
04-29-2023, 07:10 PM
dude just try Christian Singles Site

Hyena
04-29-2023, 08:27 PM
There you are! I knew that Richmondbread would bring you with him.

Yep, I do periodically come here for a Monument Meade update. (I promise not to make a pest of myself.)

Anglo-Celtic
04-30-2023, 03:37 AM
Yep, I do periodically come here for a Monument Meade update. (I promise not to make a pest of myself.)

You're cool. I just noticed the package deal.