PDA

View Full Version : Which country is more eastern European? Sweden or Italy?

nittionia
04-28-2023, 07:19 PM
Explain your answer. This could be based off of any factor(s) - politics, culture, genetics, history, phenotype, etc.

Rumata
04-28-2023, 07:27 PM
When Swedes and their eastern neighbours still raided each others, the Western Roman empire has already collapsed. Easy to figure which were more similar.

Östsvensk
04-28-2023, 07:41 PM
I don't see how Italy in any sense could be regarded as Eastern European. Sweden has some Baltid admixture in phenotype, and a history with all countries in Northeast Europe.

Rumata
04-28-2023, 07:56 PM
The Romance language(s) of Moldovans and Romanians don't seem to make a big difference imho.

ioas12
04-28-2023, 08:21 PM
Deleted

nittionia
04-29-2023, 01:00 PM
bump

Mortimer
04-29-2023, 01:19 PM
Sweden is closer to baltic countries and russia italy is closer to balkan countries

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 01:32 PM
Sweden and Rus' are one and the same in the 10th century. In my garden, I find the remains of the ancient Swedish Vikings - I have a collection of pendants from the Old Russian-Scandinavian culture. Northern Russians have significant Swedish admixture. BUT! The Swedes adopted Catholicism (Protestantism) and a Western orientation in religion. Modern Swedes are transgender, not heterosexual. So today I understand heterosexual Italians better than transgender Swedes. I am Eastern European, Russian. Russians today are much closer to Italians than to Swedes.

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 01:45 PM
Sweden. Based on genetics, phenotype and culture. Italy is borderline MENA. When you travel there, you might feel like you're in a completely different world, maybe even like you're in Syria or something.

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Sweden is closer to baltic countries and russia italy is closer to balkan countries

we now live on another planet, the Swedes and Russians were very close in the 800s. Now Swedes are transgender. The Russians treated the Swedes very well until they became gay. Now contempt. Italians are very responsive. Mostly kind temperamental people. I hope that the politicians will find a common language. Everyone ignores the Swedes. Russians are against homosexuality..

Rumata
04-29-2023, 02:58 PM
The Russians treated the Swedes very well until they became gay.
From all I know it wasn't mutual though. There was a (female) member Finnish Swede here who used to talk a lot about it.

On the other hand there was an older member Antropos who went so far as converting to Orthodoxy. But he's an exception.

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 03:10 PM
From all I know it wasn't mutual though. There was a (female) member Finnish Swede here who used to talk a lot about it.

On the other hand there was an older member Antropos who went so far as converting to Orthodoxy. But he's an exception.
A Finnish Swedish woman runs around the park every day and listens to the singing of birds - this is a child. Are you really taking this child
seriously
? And the Slavs cut off each other's heads in the war. The Finnish Swede will screw up as soon as she sees this. These Europeans are children, they are so stupid that they do not understand anything. The Russians are strong, I'm waiting for a general mobilization. Every Russian should be in this war until the end! I realized this when I read the local freaks.

Guys, it's very scary - the war. But I am waiting for a general mobilization in Russia. I'm really looking forward to it

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:26 PM
A Finnish Swedish woman runs around the park every day and listens to the singing of birds - this is a child. Are you really taking this child
seriously
?

I think she's a young woman. And her attitude was likely in a degree influenced by the personal experience of her family in the Winter war.
Anyway, I know from many various sources that it wasn't mutual during the last century either.

And the Slavs cut off each other's heads in the war. The Finnish Swede will screw up as soon as she sees this. These Europeans are children, they are so stupid that they do not understand anything. The Russians are strong, I'm waiting for a general mobilization. Every Russian should be in this war until the end! I realized this when I read the local freaks.

Guys, it's very scary - the war. But I am waiting for a general mobilization in Russia. I'm really looking forward to it

Yes, the war is scary and I've seen many cars marked as "freight 200" in my city lately. But I see that it harms most of all the Russian people of Ukraine and Russia. Then the Ukrainian speakers. Then anyone else. I don't see how with good intentions one could achieve such awful results and they did to this moment.

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/sapsans/50915817/66960/66960_600.jpg

gixajo
04-29-2023, 03:26 PM
seriously
? And the Slavs cut off each other's heads in the war. The Finnish Swede will screw up as soon as she sees this. These Europeans are children, they are so stupid that they do not understand anything. The Russians are strong, I'm waiting for a general mobilization. Every Russian should be in this war until the end! I realized this when I read the local freaks.

Maybe if one day you get to see the war up close, you will remember Finnish Swede spending the day listening to the birds sing in the park, and probably you will realize that she was not who was stupid.

I encourage you, if you really believe so much in the justice of this war, to volunteer directly with PMC Wagner.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:29 PM
Maybe if one day you get to see the war up close, you will remember Finnish Swede spending the day listening to the birds sing in the park, and probably you will realize that she was not who was stupid.

She also practiced karate (to kick off migrants or maybe Russians?).

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:32 PM
Anyway, it doesn't take an army of fierce warriors to impact a most massive harm in the age of climatic weapons, biological weapons etc etc.

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 03:42 PM
I think she's a young woman. And her attitude was likely in a degree influenced by the personal experience of her family in the Winter war.
Anyway, I know from many various sources that it wasn't mutual during the last century either.

Yes, the war is scary and I've seen many cars marked as "freight 200" in my city lately. But I see that it harms most of all the Russian people of Ukraine and Russia. Then the Ukrainian speakers. Then anyone else. I don't see how with good intentions one could achieve such awful results and they did to this moment.

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/sapsans/50915817/66960/66960_600.jpg
I didn't understand what you want to ask. Ukrainians and Russians are one people. But Ukrainians are traitors. This is the point. More about this is not worth talking about.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:48 PM
I didn't understand what you want to ask. Ukrainians and Russians are one people. But Ukrainians are traitors. This is the point. More about this is not worth talking about.

I had no questions to you. Yes, Ukrainians are Russian in the broad meaning of this world. I meant there are Russian speaking Ukrainians and Ukrainian speaking ones and the former now suffer the most.

Why didn't you try to save Rus' in 2014, when Ukrainian army and the whole regime was so much weaker than now?

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 03:51 PM

I encourage you, if you really believe so much in the justice of this war, to volunteer directly with PMC Wagner.
My relatives are there, and I also want to go there, to kill the Russophobic scum. I earn a lot, so while in Moscow. But my nephew and my friends are already gutting you Russophobes.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:51 PM
Why give the enemy 8 years for propaganda and for hunting down your supporters in Ukraine?

gixajo
04-29-2023, 03:54 PM
She also practiced karate (to kick off migrants or maybe Russians?).

Yes, it is compatible to listen to the birds sing in the park all day and break your legs without blinking.:p

I think that girl is quite a nordicist and I am just a "lazy and superficial South European", so we tend to have quite divergent points of view on some issues, but it seems to me much better to listen to birds sing than to cut heads.

All this made me remember some verses from a Spanish poet.

Cantando espero a la muerte,
que hay ruiseñores que cantan
encima de los fusiles
y en medio de las batallas.

Singing I wait for death,
for there are nightingales that sing
above the fusillades
and in the midst of battles.

From "Vientos del pueblo" by Miguel Hernández a Republican poet who died just after the Spanish civil war.

I don't know if he is currently known in Russia, at the time, since he was a communist, he was probably known there, since Russia was the only non-fascist country that sent useful and large military aid to the Spanish Republic, which at the end of the war was completely influenced by Russia. Well sorry, not Russia but USSR.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 03:55 PM
I leave these interviews here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxcrnoodqk

ugochaves
04-29-2023, 03:58 PM
I had no questions to you. Yes, Ukrainians are Russian in the broad meaning of this world. I meant there are Russian speaking Ukrainians and Ukrainian speaking ones and the former now suffer the most.

Why didn't you try to save Rus' in 2014, when Ukrainian army and the whole regime was so much weaker than now?
It looks like you've lost your mind, you can't distinguish between yourself and Russians. I'm not a soldier, I didn't even serve in the army. I do business, pump money, feed people. But I'm tired of being hated because I'm Russian, pissing Ukrainians are especially annoying. I'm ready to break loose, I hate the bastards who splatter with hatred on my daughter, because she is Russian.

gixajo
04-29-2023, 04:03 PM
You continually say that the war does not affect you at all, but in any thread, all Russians end up talking about the war.

In Spain, the war in Ukraine is a topic that is no longer even secondary, it is extremely marginal in the media or the press.

Nobody talks about it, except very perhaps in some conversation about the prices of some things.

I leave the subject now, because we have already diverted the original topic of the thread too much. Sorry Nittionia.;)

Rumata
04-29-2023, 04:05 PM
It looks like you've lost your mind, you can't distinguish between yourself and Russians.
Where I couldn't do it and why should I do it in your opinion? I don't get what's this bubbling about.

I'm not a soldier, I didn't even serve in the army. I do business, pump money, feed people. But I'm tired of being hated because I'm Russian, pissing Ukrainians are especially annoying. I'm ready to break loose, I hate the bastards who splatter with hatred on my daughter, because she is Russian.

You know well that since 2014 it wasn't only soldiers who fought in Eastern Ukraine. Don't pretend you didn't know that.
So you live in Russia and you're hated because you're Russian there? and your child too?

Rumata
04-29-2023, 04:13 PM
From "Vientos del pueblo" by Miguel Hernández a Republican poet who died just after the Spanish civil war.

I don't know if he is currently known in Russia, at the time, since he was a communist, he was probably known there, since Russia was the only non-fascist country that sent useful and large military aid to the Spanish Republic, which at the end of the war was completely influenced by Russia. Well sorry, not Russia but USSR.
I see. Honestly I haven't known his name before now.

gixajo
04-29-2023, 04:20 PM
It looks like you've lost your mind, you can't distinguish between yourself and Russians. I'm not a soldier, I didn't even serve in the army. I do business, pump money, feed people. But I'm tired of being hated because I'm Russian, pissing Ukrainians are especially annoying. I'm ready to break loose, I hate the bastards who splatter with hatred on my daughter, because she is Russian.

You are wrong or you have been directed to be wrong, nobody hates you for being Russian.

Actually I don't even hate you for anything, although I believe that you are wrong in reading reality, and that this is what makes you think and speak as you do (on the whole, in some specific and specific things maybe I can agree with you).

Nor can I deny that on this side, there are people who hate the Russians for being Russians, but of course they will be few, and they will be as numerous as those who hate the Turks, the English, or the Spanish for being Turks, Spanish, or English.

In any case, as I have commented on other occasions to other Russians here, it is understandable that you support your country. Even though many of you do not fully agree with what is happening.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 04:26 PM
gixajo is the peacemaker of the Apricity :coffee:

gixajo
04-29-2023, 04:27 PM
I see. Honestly I haven't known his name before now.

I guess World War II eclipsed anything that came before it, for Spanish Republicans during the war, especially at the end of it, Russia was seen as a moral beacon.

Although of course, it would be more what came to Spain from Russia, than what came to Russia from Spain.

nittionia
04-29-2023, 04:36 PM
Sorry Nittionia.;)

go clean your room :no:

Rumata
04-29-2023, 04:39 PM
I guess World War II eclipsed anything that came before it, for Spanish Republicans during the war, especially at the end of it, Russia was seen as a moral beacon.

Although of course, it would be more what came to Spain from Russia, than what came to Russia from Spain.
Russia of that time is seen as a moral beacon for many of modern Russians who have a clearer sight too.

gixajo
04-29-2023, 04:39 PM
gixajo is the peacemaker of the Apricity :coffee:

It's still funny that this is the case, when I'm one of the few to have wielded a weapon wearing a military uniform in an armed conflict, although not remotely as intense as what's going on in Ukraine right now, of course.

Although I experienced situations of potential danger when I was in international mission abroad, my life was in more danger living in the Basque Country during my childhood and adolescence when the terrorist group ETA was active than during my military life.;)

Ukraine is a real war, a combat of maximum intensity punctually at levels of the fiercest combat that could have taken place in World War II.

But hey, when I entered the army, I became aware that one day I could experience something similar to what happens in Ukraine, and we prepared ourselves for that level of intensity.

That's hell, and I don't want anyone to have to go through it.

gixajo
04-29-2023, 05:04 PM
Russia of that time is seen as a moral beacon for many of modern Russians who have a clearer sight too.

During first 30´s even in USA Russia was seen with benevolent eyes. Russia was an example of progress and a new way of doing things to improve people's lives, at least during certain early days of the Soviet Union.

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 05:10 PM
When you travel there, you might feel like you're in a completely different world, maybe even like you're in Syria or something.

Yep, i can't basically tell them apart. People, architecture, traditions, history basically the same. :picard1:

Rumata
04-29-2023, 05:22 PM
During first 30´s even in USA Russia was seen with benevolent eyes. Russia was an example of progress and a new way of doing things to improve people's lives, at least during certain early days of the Soviet Union.
The most early Soviet government was composed to a big degree of globalists which their western counterparts could welcome.

Then, USA had the Great depression in that time which pushed to search new methods.

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 05:36 PM
Yep, i can't basically tell them apart. People, architecture, traditions, history basically the same. :picard1:

Yeah, I can't either. That's kind of a point in fact.

Jokes aside, many parts of Italy are actually like that. I was sifting through some twenty-two-year-old photos from my trip and I couldn't tell whether it was Tunisia or southern Italy.

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I can't either. That's kind of a point in fact.

Jokes aside, many parts of Italy are actually like that. I was sifting through some twenty-two-year-old photos from my trip and I couldn't tell whether it was Tunisia or southern Italy.

I would suggest you to travel there before affirm such statements...

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 05:47 PM
I would suggest you to travel there before affirm such statements...

To be robbed again? I think I'll pass.

Zohor
04-29-2023, 05:48 PM
Asking if north-Euro country or south-Euro country is more eastern-Euro is like asking if blue or red color is closer to yellow color

There are also big differences within even regions of country, some bigger cities as well may be more familiar to some part of eastern Europe than others regarding infrastructure etc.

The only factor can be geographical location so let's look at extreme east point of each country

Easternmost point of Italia: Capo d'Otranto, Otranto, Apulia at 40°6′N 18°31′E

Easternmost point of Sweden: Sundholmen, Haparanda at 65.815°N 24.150556°E

Sweden more eastern cuz located more on the east, but still it doesn't make it more east European but closer to east Europe so still it's not the answer to question

And the question touches a tip of an iceberg because even the terms and divisions of east Europe as region are different, and "east Europe itself has many major differences

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 05:52 PM
To be robbed again? I think I'll pass.

More like you probably never left your room... ;)

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 06:00 PM
More like you probably never left your room... ;)

Leaving the room was actually the problem. When me and family returned, a very expensive watch were missing. Later found in the belongings of the maid. Should I continue with stories like this one?

Rumata
04-29-2023, 06:19 PM
Asking if north-Euro country or south-Euro country is more eastern-Euro is like asking if blue or red color is closer to yellow color

Red is closer to yellow ;)

https://knightsafetygear.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/AdobeStock_41652640-1024x1024.jpeg

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 06:37 PM
Leaving the room was actually the problem. When me and family returned, a very expensive watch were missing. Later found in the belongings of the maid. Should I continue with stories like this one?

No thx you sound like a girl who has been sexually harrased by italians.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 06:40 PM
you sound like a girl who has been sexually harrased by italians.

A typical mena argument btw, lol.

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 07:08 PM
No thx you sound like a girl who has been sexually harrased by italians.

Thx, I would rather not be robbed by you, mafioso Italiano. I know it's in your blood and all, but can we move this along?

gixajo
04-29-2023, 07:30 PM
The most early Soviet government was composed to a big degree of globalists which their western counterparts could welcome.

Then, USA had the Great depression in that time which pushed to search new methods.

They were not globalist but internationalist. But well, I am not interested just now in discussing about semantics again.

I had written something longer but I will summarize by saying that... I am very tired of hitting my head against a wall again and again.

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 07:31 PM
A typical mena argument btw, lol.

In the Basque country, they are put in the same category as Albanians, Turks, and the like. We are not fond of them.

Rumata
04-29-2023, 07:43 PM
In the Basque country, they are put in the same category as Albanians, Turks, and the like. We are not fond of them.
The Basque country is probably the most interesting part of Spain to me regarding the structure of society, worker cooperatives etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragon_Corporation

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 07:43 PM
Thx, I would rather not be robbed by you, mafioso Italiano. I know it's in your blood and all, but can we move this along?

:blah::blah::blah:

Yeah no lifer whatever...

Who wants to be fond like you? :noidea:

Rumata
04-29-2023, 07:47 PM
They were not globalist but internationalist. But well, I am not interested just now in discussing about semantics again.

I had written something longer but I will summarize by saying that... I am very tired of hitting my head against a wall again and again.
I guess to Trotsky and the likes these words had the same meaning.
Anyway, let's skip this subject.

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 08:00 PM
Who wants to be fond like you? :noidea:

Your response is completely nonsensical. But then again, considering your posting history, I shouldn't be surprised.

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 08:02 PM
Your response is completely nonsensical. But then again, considering your posting history, I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't expect an high IQ discussion with you either, considering your statements... :bored:

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 08:24 PM
I don't expect an high IQ discussion with you either, considering your statements... :bored:

Well, I must admit, I didn't realize this was an IQ competition. But if it were, I have a feeling you'd be in last place. As for my statements, they might not be up to your high standards, but at least they're not as dull as your personality.

MinervaItalica
04-29-2023, 08:28 PM
Well, I must admit, I didn't realize this was an IQ competition. But if it were, I have a feeling you'd be in last place. As for my statements, they might not be up to your high standards, but at least they're not as dull as your personality.

They were completely out of mind, like being said by some1 who never left own room. If you're on this forum since 2014 and still spout that nonsense you definitely hit the bottom of an IQ competition without problems. ;)

Aldaris
04-29-2023, 08:34 PM
They were completely out of mind, like being said by some1 who never left own room. If you're on this forum since 2014 and still spout that nonsense you definitely hit the bottom of an IQ competition without problems. ;)

Ah, so now you're resorting to insults? I guess that's what happens when you realize you can't keep up with the conversation. But don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of IQ competitions out there where you can excel in last place.

Zohor
04-29-2023, 10:11 PM
Red is closer to yellow ;)

https://knightsafetygear.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/AdobeStock_41652640-1024x1024.jpeg

but it doesn't mean it's more yellow, because in fact it's not yellow at all

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 12:22 AM
Ah, so now you're resorting to insults? I guess that's what happens when you realize you can't keep up with the conversation. But don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of IQ competitions out there where you can excel in last place.

Blame yourself for starting. Next time think twice with the few braincells you've before posting nonsense. :bored:

Mingle
04-30-2023, 02:10 AM
I don't see how Italy in any sense could be regarded as Eastern European. Sweden has some Baltid admixture in phenotype, and a history with all countries in Northeast Europe.
Italy is more similar to Southeast Europe than Sweden is to Northeast Europe (unless you count Scandinavia itself as part of Northeast Europe).

Rumata
04-30-2023, 04:34 AM
but it doesn't mean it's more yellow, because in fact it's not yellow at all

But we talked about which color is closer to yellow and not about which is the same.

Don't be manipulative, my Mongolian friend :D

Red is much closer to yellow because yellow can be represented as a mixture of Red and Green with zero Blue in it.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/ca/c7/b1cac7977b0a654c11adb485aed33a10.png

Occiput in Starlight
04-30-2023, 04:39 AM
https://i.ibb.co/h9YLvpQ/Familiar-Spectacular-Hoverfly-max-1mb.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

Occiput in Starlight
04-30-2023, 04:42 AM
I based my answer on organized crime.

Jana
04-30-2023, 06:06 AM
More like eastern Europeans:

People - Swedes
Culture - Italians

Östsvensk
04-30-2023, 06:56 AM
Italy is more similar to Southeast Europe than Sweden is to Northeast Europe (unless you count Scandinavia itself as part of Northeast Europe).

There is overlap in the Dinaric type, yes. Personally I do not think of the Dinaric type as "Eastern European", but if you do, then Italians look more Eastern European than Swedes, I guess.

Jana
04-30-2023, 07:00 AM
There is overlap in the Dinaric type, yes. Personally I do not think of the Dinaric type as "Eastern European", but if you do, then Italians look more Eastern European than Swedes, I guess.

you are wrong. There re Italian Med and Alpine types that looks pseudo eastern European. Italians in general can look pretty eastern. Footballer Barella for example.

Östsvensk
04-30-2023, 07:19 AM
you are wrong. There re Italian Med and Alpine types that looks pseudo eastern European. Italians in general can look pretty eastern. Footballer Barella for example.

Some Swedes who IMHO look Eastern European. Ebba Busch, the leader of the Christian Democrats, has been said to look "Polish" or "Czech":

https://yt3.googleusercontent.com/YC9CtHyrMVN1gmbWmppnfnV5xdd_cuRe1Qzgr4_H8CYVNQmSOv tsmIL00s8hWg-mOMGrs0JU=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Andreas Wilson I always thought looked Russian:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMGY4MGE1NWItOWJjMS00N2IwLThkZGEtODA1ODdmMDg4YT YxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU3MzE1NTYy._V1_.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dQ1WMMop76E/SrP0WGB7sdI/AAAAAAAAAGI/uf7QPF3S6BQ/s1600/ondskan_09.jpg

Mortimer
04-30-2023, 07:22 AM

Depends on how you define eastern european. If you mean latvians, then it is swedes, if you think of people like albanians as eastern europeans, then italians are pretty close to people like albanians?

Jana
04-30-2023, 07:32 AM
Some Swedes who IMHO look Eastern European. Ebba Busch, the leader of the Christian Democrats, has been said to look "Polish" or "Czech":

https://yt3.googleusercontent.com/YC9CtHyrMVN1gmbWmppnfnV5xdd_cuRe1Qzgr4_H8CYVNQmSOv tsmIL00s8hWg-mOMGrs0JU=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Andreas Wilson I always thought looked Russian:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMGY4MGE1NWItOWJjMS00N2IwLThkZGEtODA1ODdmMDg4YT YxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU3MzE1NTYy._V1_.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dQ1WMMop76E/SrP0WGB7sdI/AAAAAAAAAGI/uf7QPF3S6BQ/s1600/ondskan_09.jpg

Ofc, Swedes look much closer to eastern Europeans compared to Italians overall.

Can Ukrainian footballer Mykhailo Mudryk pass in Sweden for example?

Mortimer
04-30-2023, 07:35 AM

In Austria they consider people like Albanians and Macedonians as "Eastern European" too. I would think that Italians are closer to Macedonians in look then Swedes are.

Jana
04-30-2023, 07:39 AM
In Austria they consider people like Albanians and Macedonians as "Eastern European" too. I would think that Italians are closer to Macedonians in look then Swedes are.

I don't see Albanians as eastern Euro. They are southerners. But Romanians also look more like Italians than Swedes for example. Romania is to many typical east Euro country.

But all togheder, if you count Poles, Slovaks, east Slavs and Balts Swedes are much closer phenotype wise.

Mortimer
04-30-2023, 07:40 AM
I don't see Albanians as eastern Euro. They are southerners.
But Romanians also look more like Italians than Swedes for example.

Bulgarians too.

Jana
04-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Bulgarians too.

Yeah.

Interesting question would be if Bulgarians look more Ukrainian/Russian or Italian?

Mortimer
04-30-2023, 07:43 AM
But all togheder, if you count Poles, Slovaks, east Slavs and Balts Swedes are much closer phenotype wise.

Northeast Italians probably look close to Slovenians?

Jana
04-30-2023, 07:46 AM
Northeast Italians probably look close to Slovenians?

They overlap yeah. Borderline NE Italians have Slovenian/Slavic input. There are also Italians with Slavic (Croatian) origins. Most of Italians expelled from Croatia after WW2 had heavy Slavic input genetically, many were in fact Italianized Croats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AncestryDNA/comments/10hxwu4/italians_from_croatia_dalmatia_istria/

Östsvensk
04-30-2023, 08:33 AM
Depends on how you define eastern european. If you mean latvians, then it is swedes, if you think of people like albanians as eastern europeans, then italians are pretty close to people like albanians?

I think I would see Latvians as more 'East European' than Albanians, although my dad thinks of Albania as a very 'East Euro' country.

He looks something like a morph of Erling Haaland and Brad Pitt. Yeah, he could pass as I see it.

Lemminkäinen
04-30-2023, 09:53 AM
Mykhailo Mudryk looks like an average Finn. Very eastern imo.

https://pictures.tribuna.com/image/df434d97-0081-40dc-95ee-4ff6e281d6ec

Östsvensk
04-30-2023, 10:03 AM

He does look a bit like Matt Damon (who is part Finnish) in that pic.

Jana
04-30-2023, 10:11 AM

He is very handsome in my view.

Lemminkäinen
04-30-2023, 10:19 AM
He does look a bit like Matt Damon (who is part Finnish) in that pic.

He has an angular head, a broad and slightly upturn nose, like most Finns.

https://image.stern.de/33100434/t/Fw/v1/w1440/r1.7778/-/14--arsenal-angebot-weit-ueberboten--chelsea-graetscht-bei-mudryk-dazwischen--aufmacher-.jpg

Östsvensk
04-30-2023, 10:33 AM
He has an angular head, a broad and slightly upturn nose, like most Finns.

https://image.stern.de/33100434/t/Fw/v1/w1440/r1.7778/-/14--arsenal-angebot-weit-ueberboten--chelsea-graetscht-bei-mudryk-dazwischen--aufmacher-.jpg

If Matt Damon who IMHO looks quite Finnish passes as a WASP (which he is, albeit not fully), I don't see why a Finn couldn't pass for Swedish. Of course he wouldn't be typical, but let's say f.e. he was adopted or half Swedish with the Finnish side dominating (like Damon).

Voskos
04-30-2023, 10:34 AM
It's a tie imho.

Jana
04-30-2023, 10:36 AM
I think I would see Latvians as more 'East European' than Albanians, although my dad thinks of Albania as a very 'East Euro' country.

Latvians are genetically peak/most extreme eastern Europeans.

Can't get more eastern Euro than them genetically speaking.

nittionia
04-30-2023, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone for responses. I will say Poland and Baltic states are “east” for the purpose of the question

Zohor
04-30-2023, 01:33 PM
But we talked about which color is closer to yellow and not about which is the same.

Don't be manipulative, my Mongolian friend :D

Red is much closer to yellow because yellow can be represented as a mixture of Red and Green with zero Blue in it.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/ca/c7/b1cac7977b0a654c11adb485aed33a10.png

I regarded to basic colors in art cuz don't tell me I gonna get yellow out of mixing red and green

Maybe I should have responded ro RGB standard then my post would be about comparing if blue or red is closer to green. Considering you called out RGB standard you knew what I meant either way

I hope we are clear now, хорошего дня мой КОМI друг

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 02:18 PM
Blame yourself for starting. Next time think twice with the few braincells you've before posting nonsense. :bored:

Are facts and true stories now considered insults? Noted. It's a fact that Italy is MENA-like, it's a fact that we were robbed there (multiple times), it's a fact that your kind is reviled in the Basque country, and it's a fact that the sentence 'Who wants to be fond like you?' makes absolutely zero sense. And it is also a fact that it was you who reacted to my story with an insult. So keep the fucking track of the conversation to see who started the insults. Your dislike of the facts doesn't count as an insult, dickhead.

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 02:39 PM
Are facts and true stories now considered insults? Noted. It's a fact that Italy is MENA-like, it's a fact that we were robbed there (multiple times), it's a fact that your kind is reviled in the Basque country, and it's a fact that the sentence 'Who wants to be fond like you?' makes absolutely zero sense. And it is also a fact that it was you who reacted to my story with an insult.

I suggest you to go back and read carefully who posted insults first, i reacted jokingly to you're nonsese shit about being the same as Syria but then you called me mafioso and robber, you're a very dishonest being my Basque dude or from whatever country you're from. It's true, no one in in Italy wants to be fond with people like you. You're acting like this coz you've inferiority complexes toward italians. ;)

So keep the fucking track of the conversation to see who started the insults. Your dislike of the facts doesn't count as an insult, dickhead.

So now's insulting? You're very uneducated and ignorant, probably typical of your culture.

Your dislike of the facts doesn't count as an insult

:confused::crazy:

HannibaltheGreat
04-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Italy
But if we mean strictly northern italians, sweden

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 04:48 PM
I suggest you to go back and read carefully who posted insults first, i reacted jokingly to you're nonsese shit about being the same as Syria but then you called me mafioso and robber, you're a very dishonest being my Basque dude or from whatever country you're from. It's true, no one in in Italy wants to be fond with people like you. You're acting like this coz you've inferiority complexes toward italians. ;)

So now's insulting? You're very uneducated and ignorant, probably typical of your culture.

Coming from the guy who started the insults with his "sexual harassment" comment. And let's not forget that all I did was provide some facts and true stories, while it was actually you responded with insults. Read above, dickhead. Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension skills, because it's clear as day who started the insults here. You are fucking cornered right now and there is no way for a comeback. But keep trying if you dare, pinocchio.

Bless your heart, you can't even use 'fond' correctly. It's clear that not only your arguments are weak, but your grammar skills as well. Stick to your native dago language.

I am only insulting you because you have started that, dickhead.

And a Basque with an inferiority complex towards Italians? You'd have better luck finding a needle in a fucking haystack the size of your MENA country.

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 05:06 PM
Coming from the guy who started the insults with his "sexual harassment" comment.

What lmao thats not an insult (unless youre a girl perhaps?) :noidea:

On other note you personally provoked me first claiming im a mafioso and a robber

And let's not forget that all I did was provide some facts and true stories

In your dreams perhaps...

You are fucking cornered right now and there is no way for a comeback.

You cornered yourself with your stupidity i didnt need much work. People like you are my breakfast.

I am only insulting you because you have started that, dickhead.

Keep playing the dishonest low iq person part clown. :rolleyes:

And a Basque with an inferiority complex towards Italians?

Yep definitely, you sounds like you need to scream the whole world your inferiority complexes toward my country. And i feel you, tell me one relevant thing your people did. :rolleyes:

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 06:38 PM
What lmao thats not an insult (unless youre a girl perhaps?) :noidea:

On other note you personally provoked me first claiming im a mafioso and a robber

You think it's not an insult? What fucking universe are you living in? Go say that in any country and you will see how they will respond. With rainbows and butterflies? I don't think so pal. You know damn well that it was meant as an insult, so don't try to play dumb now. But in your case I might actually believe it.

In your dreams perhaps...

Yeah, I have never been there, and all the 'facts' and 'stories' are just figments of my imagination? You got me there. Get real or go fuck yourself.

You cornered yourself with your stupidity i didnt need much work. People like you are my breakfast.

Oh, so now you're saying I cornered myself with my "stupidity"? That's hilarious coming from someone who can barely form a coherent sentence. You would choke on me, kiddo, in fact, you would end up mutilated like someone being hit by a train. So don't fucking ever threaten me.

Keep playing the dishonest low iq person part clown. :rolleyes:

The insults are really getting creative. Keep it up, maybe you'll come up with one that actually hurts my feelings. But I doubt it, considering I've dealt with pathetic losers like you before, ever since I have joined. And I have one thing to remark. Either you don't realize you are stupid as hell by saying that the aforementioned comment wasn't an insult, or you will have to shut your yap eventually.

Yep definitely, you sounds like you need to scream the whole world your inferiority complexes toward my country. And i feel you, tell me one relevant thing your people did. :rolleyes:

Do you really think we're jealous of your impoverished country? The Basque Country is one of the richest regions in the world, which can't be said about Italy as a whole. If you want to know about my people, I suggest checking out wikipedia.

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Would you leave this thread in peace you dumbass keyboard warrior. Youre making yourself ridiculous with your comments. Stop it seriously. Holt fuck im back for few days after years and the first person i talk with is an anti italian parasite Iberian. This forum never change...:picard1:

Yeah, I have never been there, and all the 'facts' and 'stories' are just figments of my imagination? You got me there. Get real or go fuck yourself.

You never set a foot outside your room, Youre on this forum since 2014 spouting shit from your mouth toward people you dont know to compensate your inferiority complexes.

Oh, so now you're saying I cornered myself with my "stupidity"?

Precisely, even a 5 years old can win an argument with you... :D

Do you really think we're jealous of your impoverished country? The Basque Country is one of the richest regions in the world, which can't be said about Italy as a whole. If you want to know about my people, I suggest checking out wikipedia.

If your country is a paradise like you claim (yet you didnt provide me a noticeable thing your ppl did or invented) why hitting on others? Its clear you have inferiority complexes toward something you miss in your (pathetic) life.

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 08:51 PM
Would you leave this thread in peace you dumbass keyboard warrior. Youre making yourself ridiculous with your comments. Stop it seriously. Holt fuck im back for few days after years and the first person i talk with is an anti italian parasite Iberian. This forum never change...:picard1:

Exactly like a cornered beast would behave. The malefactor returns with a vengeance! So fucking scared. But sorry to disappoint, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Might want to work on both on your grammar, and the perception of the big picture before you try to insult someone's intelligence. Your attempts of aggression are as laughable as that.

You never set a foot outside your room, Youre on this forum since 2014 spouting shit from your mouth toward people you dont know to compensate your inferiority complexes.

My room? I own a house that would make yours look like a fucking nest of junkies. Maybe one day you'll be able to afford your own place, but until then, enjoy the moldy walls and musty smell.

Precisely, even a 5 years old can win an argument with you... ;)

I guess that makes you even dumber than a 5-year-old. Because your odds of winning aren't looking good, pal. If this was an Indian casino, I would not risk a single dollar on you.

If your country is a paradise like you claim (yet you didnt provide me a noticeable thing your ppl did or invented) why hitting on others? Its clear you have inferiority complexes toward something you miss in your (pathetic) life.

You know what they say about assumptions, right? Clearly, you have no clue about the Basque Country. But I won't be spoon-feeding you any links. If you're a competent adult, you can easily do the research yourself. Or are you too dumb even for that?

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 09:05 PM
Yes i was right youre a keyboard warrior with no life at all. Continuing this argument with a low iq person is becoming embarassing... :picard1:

We can continue this but then dont blame me if this thread turns badly... :rolleyes:

You know what they say about assumptions, right? Clearly, you have no clue about the Basque Country. But I won't be spoon-feeding you any links. If you're a competent adult, you can easily do the research yourself. Or are you too dumb even for that?

Its not that i dont have clues i dont give a fuck about your insignificant country. There is difference. ;) You didnt even provide me what i asked. Perhaps youre not even Basque but a MENA claiming to be another person. :rolleyes:
Youre the one obsessed with italians (like 90% of iberians on this forum)

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 10:19 PM
Yes i was right youre a keyboard warrior with no life at all. Continuing this argument with a low iq person is becoming embarassing... :picard1:

We can continue this but then dont blame me if this thread turns badly... :rolleyes:

Oh, it's quite clear that you are the one who is cornered here. Your arguments have lost all substance and credibility. As for me, I have facts on my side and can continue this debate indefinitely. So go ahead and make all the empty threats you want, it won't change the fact that you've already lost.

Its not that i dont have clues i dont give a fuck about your insignificant country. There is difference. ;) You didnt even provide me what i asked. Perhaps youre not even Basque but a MENA claiming to be another person. :rolleyes:
Youre the one obsessed with italians (like 90% of iberians on this forum)

Then stop asking. I'm not here to hold your hand and guide you through everything. If you want to learn, put in the effort and do it yourself. You would then know there are many significant people of Basque origin.

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 10:27 PM
Oh, it's quite clear that you are the one who is cornered here. Your arguments have lost all substance and credibility. As for me, I have facts on my side and can continue this debate indefinitely. So go ahead and make all the empty threats you want, it won't change the fact that you've already lost.

A person who posted what you posted cant win a single argument in a million of years. Youre only ruining your reputation on this forum and showing how low iq you are :laugh: everything in one day after spent years on this forum. In your place i would leave immediately keyboard warrior before throwing more shit on yourself. ;)

PS: I dont get why takes you so much to reply. Are u having troubles finding words to continue your already lost "war" or are u using google translator because you dont know a single english word? :rolleyes:

Aldaris
04-30-2023, 11:33 PM
A person who posted what you posted cant win a single argument in a million of years. Youre only ruining your reputation on this forum and showing how low iq you are :laugh: everything in one day after spent years on this forum. In your place i would leave immediately keyboard warrior before throwing more shit on yourself. ;)

Yet I'm not the one losing. You may think you're winning, but all I've seen so far is broken English, inability to grasp simple points, personal attacks, and an incapability to write something coherent. I've been in situations like this many times before, and you're just another roach in the way. Don't flatter yourself into thinking you're somehow special. Unless, of course, we're talking about "special" in the pejorative sense, which would indeed fit you nicely. Want to have a fucking argument? Then for fuck's sake, at least use some actual argumentation. All you've been doing since I called out your fallacies is insulting me. That won't work with me.

PS: I dont get why takes you so much to reply. Are u having troubles finding words to continue your already lost "war" or are u using google translator because you dont know a single english word? :rolleyes:

My time doesn't revolve around your pace. I'll reply whenever I damn well please. And trust me, Google Translate would probably do a better job than your broken English. But let's get back to the real issue here: your complete inability to argue with any substance.

MinervaItalica
04-30-2023, 11:43 PM
Yet I'm not the one losing. You may think you're winning, but all I've seen so far is broken English, inability to grasp simple points, personal attacks, and an incapability to write something coherent. I've been in situations like this many times before, and you're just another roach in the way. Don't flatter yourself into thinking you're somehow special. Unless, of course, we're talking about "special" in the pejorative sense, which would indeed fit you nicely. Want to have a fucking argument? Then for fuck's sake, at least use some actual argumentation. All you've been doing since I called out your fallacies is insulting me. That won't work with me.

Im not thinking, ive already won, thx to your nonsenses. ;)

Ive never been in this situation tbh, its pretty unique in its absurdity. Congratulations.

You clearly dont know what an insult is. We only have your neverending tauntings here now.

I seriusly dont know what is the argument here anymore (if there ever was one), you keep sounding like a butthurted 12 years old keyboard warrior. lmao

Man 9 years on this forum and this is the result... thx god ive left... :picard1:

Aldaris
05-01-2023, 12:06 AM
I'm not thinking.

Congratulations on your observation skills. Finally, we are moving somewhere.

I've already won, thanks to your nonsense. ;)

I'm pretty sure you're giving yourself too much credit. But whatever makes you feel better. Thanks for the smiley.

You clearly don't know what an insult is. We only have your never-ending tauntings here now.

You keep parroting what I've just said. How original. Go say something similar in a pub in another country. They would surely love it.

I seriously don't know what the argument here anymore (if there ever was one), you keep sounding like a butthurt 12-year-old keyboard warrior. LMAO

Man, 9 years on this forum and this is the result... thank God I've left... :picard1:

You are not considered a loss.

MinervaItalica
05-01-2023, 12:19 AM

You are not considered a loss.

Like i care to not be considered a loss on this forum. Keep wasting time posting unsourced shit against others, moderators are way too kind in here (if there are mods at all...) You should thx god to not have met me when i was active. That time i used to eat those like u as "antipasto". Pray to not cross me again while youre posting free insults and nonsenses or ill come back and ill spank you again. ;)

And now im leaving coz it's clear you dont have a proper argument besides spout tauntings and talking with you embarrasses me. I do this for the sake of this thread, you seem too immature.

Aldaris
05-01-2023, 01:30 AM
Like i care to not be considered a loss on this forum. Keep wasting time posting unsourced shit against others, moderators are way too kind in here (if there are mods at all...) You should thx god to not have met me when i was active. That time i used to eat those like u as "antipasto". Pray to not cross me again while youre posting free insults and nonsenses or ill come back and ill spank you again. ;)

And now im leaving coz it's clear you dont have a proper argument besides spout tauntings and talking with you embarrasses me. I do this for the sake of this thread, you seem too immature.

You do realize that anyone can check your posting history, right? If you want to keep up the tough guy act, go ahead, but we all know the truth - your posts are filled with mistakes, misunderstandings, and flawed arguments, just like in this case. Your ramblings are nothing but fodder for amusement. They are anything but impressive. You're only trying to save face now and make one final attempt to intimidate me, but it's not going to work. You're a joke. A fodder for amusement indeed. Your posts are as dumb as a stump and always have been. So do yourself a favor and crawl back into your hole, kid.

nittionia
05-01-2023, 03:25 PM
I didn't read the last 10 pages but I think you guys have discussed Swedish meatballs vs Italian meatballs :) it really comes down to texture and spices

Rumata
05-01-2023, 03:37 PM
I regarded to basic colors in art cuz don't tell me I gonna get yellow out of mixing red and green

Maybe I should have responded ro RGB standard then my post would be about comparing if blue or red is closer to green. Considering you called out RGB standard you knew what I meant either way

Honestly, I tried to understand your reasoning but I failed.

I hope we are clear now, хорошего дня мой КОМI друг

I'm not a Komi, unfortunately. My ancestry stands in my profile.

InmostLight
05-01-2023, 04:04 PM
I didn't read the last 10 pages but I think you guys have discussed Swedish meatballs vs Italian meatballs :) it really comes down to texture and spices

Can we offer y'all some meatballs in this trying time (~: maybe they will magically calm down through the power of lady cooking