PDA

View Full Version : Group of Romanians, is it closer to Russians or Italians?

dviz
05-01-2023, 01:23 AM
Group of Romanians, is it closer to Russians or Italians? vote in the poll

https://i.imgur.com/YQIGf93.jpg

hangh
05-01-2023, 02:32 AM
Exactly equidistant

Xacal
05-01-2023, 02:45 AM
Italians

Occiput in Starlight
05-01-2023, 03:19 AM
Italians.

aherne
05-01-2023, 07:37 AM
This is the most brunet group of Romanians I've ever seen. Italians, of course... I could also pick this group from SE Romania:

https://ziarullumina.ro/thumbs/gallery/2022/05/12/elevi-din-ialomita-cu-nota-10-la-olimpiada-interdisciplinara-de-la-baia-mare-213624.webp

These ones not only pass as Russian, they actually look (Little) Russian. Lots of Turkic influence in that region, too (girl on the right looks Kazakh), as in woman below:

https://s.iw.ro/gateway/g/ZmlsZVNvdXJjZT1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJG/c3RvcmFnZTA2dHJhbnNjb2Rlci5yY3Mt/cmRzLnJvJTJGc3RvcmFnZSUyRjIwMjAl/MkYwMSUyRjE0JTJGMTE1MDgyOV8xMTUw/ODI5X3Njb2FsYS1pYWxvbWl0YS5qcGcm/dz03ODAmaD00NDAmaGFzaD0zODVjYTVh/OTFhYWJkMGU3NDQzNWQ5MDI3MjIwNTA4Nw==.thumb.jpg

I don't think Italians are similar to Romanians by any length. Even though both peoples are brunet, their faces are visibly different: first of all Slavic influence in Romanians, second of all deeply med look in many Italians, third of all that Kelto-Italic fine looking French-like "Nordic" type in some Italians that doesn't exist here.

Jana
05-01-2023, 08:02 AM
Italians.

Jana
05-01-2023, 08:05 AM
This is the most brunet group of Romanians I've ever seen. Italians, of course

What a bullshit nonsense lol. They aren't very brunet at all, unless you live in Estonia.

Lmao.

It's their facial features, they simply don't look Russian at all. Why would they? They are very far genetically.

You are such a troll sometimes.

MandM
05-01-2023, 08:59 AM
Italians! Majority of Romanians cant even look Russian even if they tried

Aspirin
05-01-2023, 09:17 AM
What a bullshit nonsense lol. They aren't very brunet at all, unless you live in Estonia.

Lmao.

It's their facial features, they simply don't look Russian at all. Why would they? They are very far genetically.

You are such a troll sometimes.

Aherne is one of the biggest anthrotard freaks on this forum.

Voskos
05-01-2023, 09:26 AM
They look like Albanians-Ukrainian mix.

aherne
05-01-2023, 09:37 AM
They aren't very brunet at all.

LMAO... WTF... FACEPALM... Grow up!

OP picture is cherry picked to have the most Sicilian/Greek looking group. They definitely do not represent Romanian average... I answered with a group that looks Southern Ukrainian, also not representing Romanian average.

Zohor
05-01-2023, 09:40 AM
I love this type of question because the answer is always the same - it depends on the person, in this case some would pass rather in Russia and Italy and otherwise, also it depends on styling it is haircut/beard etc, so a bit beyond facial features, for example with more gopnik style they would give Russian vibes and pass better in Russia innit:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can't pass all group of people to one place or another, just no, especially to the countries like Italy or Russia, with milions of inhabitants

Roy
05-01-2023, 09:43 AM
To Italians by far. I could even confuse them for a group of such.

Zohor
05-01-2023, 09:43 AM

OP picture is cherry picked to have the most Sicilian/Greek looking group. They definitely do not represent Romanian average... I answered with a group that looks Southern Ukrainian, also not representing Romanian average.

OP didn't claim it's the representative group in the first place, he just picked random group of Romanian people and you get annoyed because they don't fit your viewpoint about stereotypical Romanians, bruh

Jana
05-01-2023, 10:19 AM

Are you retarded? They are not darker than average Croat group, and we are genetically notably more northern than Romanians.
You obviously never visited southern Italy hahahahah.

Troll.

Jana
05-01-2023, 10:21 AM
OP didn't claim it's the representative group in the first place, he just picked random group of Romanian people and you get annoyed because they don't fit your viewpoint about stereotypical Romanians, bruh

Average Romanians look like that or darker.

Tooting Carmen
05-01-2023, 10:28 AM
Italians. (Though ironically, on that other anthroforum they claim that most Romanians look very foreign in Italy).

Hungarian_master
05-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Italians.

MandM
05-01-2023, 12:43 PM
Italians. (Though ironically, on that other anthroforum they claim that most Romanians look very foreign in Italy).

Well Romanians dont look like Italians, BUT they do look more Italian then Russian

aherne
05-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Well Romanians dont look like Italians, BUT they do look more Italian then Russian

They don't look like either. They look like Bulgarians, SW Slavs and to a lesser extent Albanians and Hungarians. That's it:)

aherne
05-01-2023, 01:52 PM

But I'm right. Average Romanians (and some Gypsies):

https://www.de-a-arhitectura.ro/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/IMG_0581-2.jpg

Few real meds, as I said in my previous observations. Average phenotype is round-faced Alpinid with Baltid, Pontid and Dinaric influences. Even though ethnic French are much lighter (skin/eyes/hair) than Romanians, they have a lot more real Meds (believe me or not)... Even in Slovenia I saw more:)

Oliver109
05-01-2023, 02:00 PM

Few real meds, as I said in my previous observations. Average phenotype is round-faced Alpinid with Baltid, Pontid and Dinaric influences. Even though ethnic French are much lighter (skin/eyes/hair) than Romanians, they have a lot more real Meds (believe me or not)... Even in Slovenia I saw more:)

Romania is one of the most heavily alpinised countries in the world so Med influence will always be watered down, France has regions where meds have managed to form a basic part of the population.

Jana
05-01-2023, 02:05 PM

There is no difference with OP group at all.

This group isn't any lighter nor less brunet, just the lighting is different. Also these are kids and they are notably younger compared to OP (plus more girls), thus their more fleshy and infantile features.

Vasag
05-01-2023, 02:39 PM

There is no difference with OP group at all.

This group isn't any lighter nor less brunet, just the lighting is different. Also these are kids and they are notably younger compared to OP (plus more girls), thus their more fleshy and infantile features.

Please lets not raise our voices. We are losing sight of how handsome the group is and focusing too much on if they are dark or not.

MandM
05-01-2023, 03:04 PM
They don't look like either. They look like Bulgarians, SW Slavs and to a lesser extent Albanians and Hungarians. That's it:)

Now am no expert in Romanian looks, but I have seen plenty in my life and to me they dont realy look like south slavs, they have a distinctiv look, i would say they look like they could be Half Albanian and half somthing else just cant put my finger on what the other half could be

Vasag
05-01-2023, 03:33 PM
Now am no expert in Romanian looks, but I have seen plenty in my life and to me they dont realy look like south slavs, they have a distinctiv look, i would say they look like they could be Half Albanian and half somthing else just cant put my finger on what the other half could be

You are saying it's like Albanian and Polish had kid named Romanian and all hell broke loose and be are forced to debate it now. Being Armenian is much less complex, thank Jesus.

MandM
05-01-2023, 06:10 PM
You are saying it's like Albanian and Polish had kid named Romanian and all hell broke loose and be are forced to debate it now. Being Armenian is much less complex, thank Jesus.

Yeah somthing like that:thumb001:

ioas12
05-01-2023, 06:24 PM

How does that make any sense ? Romanians plot with south Slavs. Also I seen tons of Romanians who look like bulgarians and serbs

Flamingo
05-01-2023, 06:47 PM
I would say Italians.

MandM
05-01-2023, 07:58 PM
How does that make any sense ? Romanians plot with south Slavs. Also I seen tons of Romanians who look like bulgarians and serbs

Just becouse they plot around southslavs dosent mean they look like them, and i didint say that some dont look like, you can have Serb looking like a greek but they dont plot even near, so ploting and phenotype dosent mather, am saying that most Romanians dont look like South slavs,that is my opinion after my observation, am from South Banat in Serbia you have Romanians all over there, i have been to Romania, and I know alot of them here in Sweden, i have seen them in Greece were many Serbs and Bulgarians are, and yes some may look like them but mostly not.you dont have to agree with me, that is okej

Seya
05-01-2023, 08:02 PM

I've been to Serbia and I have to say Serbs look surprisingly different. They look nothing like Romanians. Bulgarians do look a lot more like Romanians but still not the same.

dviz
05-01-2023, 08:02 PM
Just becouse they plot around southslavs dosent mean they look like them, and i didint say that some dont look like, you can have Serb looking like a greek but they dont plot even near, so ploting and phenotype dosent mather, am saying that most Romanians dont look like South sladd,that is my opinion after my observation, am from South Banat in Serbia you have Romanians all over there, i have been to Romania, and I know allt of them here in Sweden, i have seen them in Greece were many Serbs and Bulgarians are, and yes some may look like them but mostly not.you dont have to agree with me, that is okej

What nation looks closest to Romanians, in your view?

Hellenas
05-01-2023, 08:03 PM
Italians.

Tooting Carmen
05-01-2023, 08:12 PM
I've been to Serbia and I have to say Serbs look surprisingly different. They look nothing like Romanians. Bulgarians do look a lot more like Romanians but still not the same.

Compared to both Romanians and Bulgarians, aren't Serbs on average slightly lighter and more Central Euro-shifted?

MandM
05-01-2023, 08:13 PM
What nation looks closest to Romanians, in your view?
Honesly i dont know

Jana
05-01-2023, 08:19 PM

Plotting doesn't mean they look the same.

Croats plot with Hungarians but look significantly different from them.

Sometimes similarities are artificial.

Despite autosomal similarities, when you break down average Romanian and Serb components fine-scale they will have significant differences.

ioas12
05-01-2023, 08:24 PM

I respect your opinion but idk I seen a lot of serbs who look like Romanians

Jana
05-01-2023, 08:29 PM
Compared to both Romanians and Bulgarians, aren't Serbs on average slightly lighter and more Central Euro-shifted?

Serbs look more western than both, they are notably taller and bit lighter although not by much. Romanians can look rather western too tho, but they also have very eastern looking people. Serbs have more people who can pass as Czechs, Slovaks or Poles compared to both yet they still look very Balkan.

Romanians are most diverse from the three and look most Pan European. They can look anything from French to Turkish.

Bulgarians look closest to east Slavs from the three and most eastern IMO. They have heavy east Euro look unlike other two but are much darker than East Slavs. They also have some western and southern looking folks, even west Asian but in general among Bulgarians it is easiest to find looks average Joe will associate with Ukrainians/Russians.

ioas12
05-01-2023, 08:30 PM
Plotting doesn't mean they look the same.

Croats plot with Hungarians but look significantly different from them.

Sometimes similarities are artificial.

Despite autosomal similarities, when you break down average Romanian and Serb components fine-scale they will have significant differences. i agree that plotting similar doesn't mean they look the same but the other guy said that most Romanians don't look like south Slavs which I have to disagree respectfully

dviz
05-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Serbs look more western than both, they are notably taller and bit lighter although not by much. Romanians can look rather western too tho, but they also have very eastern looking people. Serbs have more people who can pass as Czechs, Slovaks or Poles compared to both yet they still look very Balkan.

Romanians are most diverse from the three and look most Pan European. They can look anything from French to Turkish.

Bulgarians look closest to east Slavs from the three and most eastern IMO. They have heavy east Euro look unlike other two but are much darker than East Slavs. They also have some western and southern looking folks, even west Asian but in general among Bulgarians it is easiest to find looks average Joe will associate with Ukrainians/Russians.

This is how I see it too.

Seya
05-01-2023, 08:41 PM

Very good description. I was writing something extremely similar before I saw yours. I have nothing else to add.

Vasag
05-01-2023, 08:45 PM
Very good description. I was writing something extremely similar before I saw yours. I have nothing else to add.

It's because you are both smart and beautiful so great minds think alike

Thorn
05-02-2023, 02:05 AM
Italians.