PDA

View Full Version : Central Asia + Latin America: phenotypical similarities

eastern
05-02-2023, 02:51 PM
I noticed the following thing. Some Central (and sometimes West and South) Asians get confused for being Latin American (mestizo/indigenous). For example, my sibling has a Central Asian phenotype (which is what we are) but sometimes he gets mistaken for mestizo or indigenous american. Some people who are mixed white and southeast asian get mistaken for the same thing. Vice versa too: i've seen some indigenous american individuals who could perfectly fit into either swarthy central asia or southeast asia.

This is because of a similarity in West and East Eurasian DNA. Let's start with Central Asians: the Turkic Central Asians are a mix of East Eurasian and West Eurasian populations. This also counts for some West and South Asian cases with higher East Eurasian DNA. Many indigenous americans (especially mestizo's!) are actually a mix of West Eurasian (european) and East Eurasian (indigenous american) blood. This kind of ends up in a similar phenotype. Obviously it's not the same phenotype, not at all! But it's easy to mistake these groups of people for the other. Any thoughts on this?

Hektor12
05-02-2023, 03:15 PM
Cool story bro