PDA

View Full Version : Why do Muslims hate Israel?

Derceto
05-13-2023, 10:59 PM
Within the Middle Eastern Christian communities, it is relatively uncommon to find instances of anti-Semitism or strong animosity towards Israel. As a Maronite, I can attest that a significant majority, often exceeding 70% of Maronites, express support for Israel. The historical alliance between the Maronites and Israel during the Lebanese civil war provides evidence of this affinity. Interestingly, a noteworthy observation is that despite not being Arab Muslims, a substantial proportion of Bosnians and Albanians also harbor negative sentiments towards Israel. The prevailing sentiment in Iran is similarly well-known, requiring no further elaboration.

It begs the question: what factors contribute to such attitudes? One possible consideration is the notion that the establishment of Israel resulted in the de-Islamization of the Holy Land. Prior to Israel's existence, the region was predominantly inhabited by Muslims, constituting around 95% of the population. Presently, that proportion stands at approximately 15%. It is plausible that this significant demographic shift has influenced perceptions and contributed to the prevailing sentiments towards Israel among certain Muslim communities.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-13-2023, 11:17 PM
No need for a religious reason to dislike Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqozQ8uaV8

Tooting Carmen
05-13-2023, 11:57 PM
(1) Israel is seen as a colonial, occupying power. (2) Israel is seen as too modern, liberal and Westernised (on some issues).

Incal
05-14-2023, 01:24 AM
(1) Muslims hate everybody. (2) Everybody hates Israel.

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 01:42 AM

Both are very crude and silly generalisations.

Incal
05-14-2023, 01:47 AM
Both are very crude and silly generalisations.

But they are true overall.

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 01:48 AM
But they are true overall.

Most Muslims (even from places like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Sudan) are not as fanatical as the stereotype, while Israel's relations with other countries (including Islamic ones) are very variable.

NSXD60
05-14-2023, 02:01 AM
The Dome of the Rock, almost 2nd to Mecca in their fevered brains, never mind that it was built upon the temple of Solomon, they view any other religion in that area and for miles around as sacrilege.

Incal
05-14-2023, 02:14 AM
Most Muslims (even from places like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Sudan) are not as fanatical as the stereotype, while Israel's relations with other countries (including Islamic ones) are very variable.

EVERY muslim is a potential fanatic. Under the right circumstances every one of them will blow themselves.

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 02:24 AM
EVERY muslim is a potential fanatic. Under the right circumstances every one of them will blow themselves.

That's almost like saying that every South American is a (potential) drug dealer or guerrillero.

Incal
05-14-2023, 02:31 AM
That's almost like saying that every South American is a (potential) drug dealer or guerrillero.

Not really because there are some pockets of culture in South America while there's none in the muslim world. If your analogy were true then nobody would come here but we have a decent touristic influx, on the other hand who the hell goes to visit muslim countries? Just potential terrorists and Laly lol

InmostLight
05-14-2023, 02:32 AM

So scary that every person is a potential bad person. Idk how anyone can sleep at night:dev2

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 02:36 AM
Not really because there are some pockets of culture in South America while there's none in the muslim world. If your analogy were true then nobody would come here but we have a decent touristic influx, on the other hand who the hell goes to visit muslim countries? Just potential terrorists and Laly lol

LOL Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Indonesia are all major tourist destinations, as was Lebanon before the Civil War. In recent decades, the Gulf Arab countries have become increasingly popular with tourists too (as well as having loads of immigrants from both developed and developing countries, of course). Look, I am no defender of Islam and its absurdities and oppression, but what you said is really ignorant and OTT.

Incal
05-14-2023, 02:49 AM
LOL Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Indonesia are all major tourist destinations, as was Lebanon before the Civil War. In recent decades, the Gulf Arab countries have become increasingly popular with tourists too (as well as having loads of immigrants from both developed and developing countries, of course). Look, I am no defender of Islam and its absurdities and oppression, but what you said is really ignorant and OTT.

Egypt got the pyramids, that's why people go nothing else but lately I've heard numbers are plummeting due to insecurity.
Tunisia is the most liberal (like for real no PC propaganda) muslim country and I've said it here quite a few times. Didn't know they attracted tourism but I'm glad.
Turkey is the other exception but again a significant number of tourists go to visit greek ruins and it's cheap.
Indonesia? Well most people go to Bali and gueeeessssss what? People there are hindu.

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 02:59 AM
Egypt got the pyramids, that's why people go nothing else but lately I've heard numbers are plummeting due to insecurity.

Still less crime than in much of Latin America (just saying). Many also go for the beaches, esp Sharm el-Sheikh.

Tunisia is the most liberal (like for real no PC propaganda) muslim country and I've said it here quite a few times. Didn't know they attracted tourism but I'm glad.

LOL cities like Monastir, Enfidha and Sfax are full of tourists.

Turkey is the other exception but again a significant number of tourists go to visit Greek ruins and it's cheap.

Still negates what you said earlier either way. And Istanbul is an absolutely beautiful and fascinating city, btw.

Indonesia? Well most people go to Bali and gueeeessssss what? People there are Hindu.

Majority Islamic nation still.

Incal
05-14-2023, 03:13 AM
Still less crime than in much of Latin America (just saying). Many also go for the beaches, esp Sharm el-Sheikh.

Safer for women though.

LOL cities like Monastir, Enfidha and Sfax are full of tourists.

Good to hear. It's the only muslim country I'd visit.

Still negates what you said earlier either way. And Istanbul is an absolutely beautiful and fascinating city, btw.

Not really because South America attracts more tourists (being more "dangerous" and all).

Majority Islamic nation still.

The point is most people go to the part that's not islamic precisely because it's safer.

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 03:20 AM
Safer for women though.

Don't kid yourself - rape and sexual harassment (not least of gringas) are hardly unknown in much of Latin America.

Not really because South America attracts more tourists (being more "dangerous" and all).

Doesn't that vary a lot by location too? E.g. even between Santiago and Buenos Aires there's a massive difference - the latter is far more touristy than the former, being rather more cultured and interesting etc.

Incal
05-14-2023, 03:43 AM
Don't kid yourself - rape and sexual harassment (not least of gringas) are hardly unknown in much of Latin America.

Doesn't that vary a lot by location too? E.g. even between Santiago and Buenos Aires there's a massive difference - the latter is far more touristy than the former, being rather more cultured and interesting etc.

Still safer. Another important fact that nobody comments is that in muslim countries you can go to jail for things that would be considered stupid and ridiculuous in the rest of the world. Here protocols are almost the same unless you go to the jungle or to an outpost.

oszkar07
05-14-2023, 04:02 AM

Many Muslims from Iran in particuliar are not as fanatical as the stereotype, especially ones from Urban areas like Tehran. In fact there is a non Islamic Iranian kind of nationalism which leans more towards their original religion of Zoroastrianism.
Its mostly the Government that are extreme and radical and much less the population.

Cristiano viejo
05-14-2023, 05:44 AM

Loki close the thread.

placebo
05-14-2023, 05:47 AM
we don't hate israel (i'm not muslim but many muslim turks also don't have any problem with jews) but i don't think you include us in your question.

Östsvensk
05-14-2023, 06:46 AM
Remember Khaibar? Who poisoned the Muslims prophet? What more can you expect?

Sebastianus Rex
05-14-2023, 07:36 AM

You're wrong about that dude, in terms of international tourist arrivals South America is truly pathetic (and that includes south americans visiting other south american countries), Turkey alone has multiple times the number of international tourists in a year than all South America combined.

No south American country comes close to the number of tourists of Egypt, Morocco, Tunísia or Emirates.

For the whole "Latin" America, the only country with high volume of tourists is Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

placebo
05-14-2023, 09:23 AM
Turkey is the other exception but again a significant number of tourists go to visit greek ruins and it's cheap.
Indonesia? Well most people go to Bali and gueeeessssss what? People there are hindu.

Yes, they don't come for İstanbul, natural beauties, developed tourism sector, Cappadocia, beaches and other many things, they just come to see fuckin' Greek ruins, right? Your Türkiye comments are really starting to make no sense. I still can't understand why a Latin american idiot hates Turks. + Your fucking liberal North Africans and Arabs fuck my country and trying to make an Islamic shithole with our government.

Hektor12
05-14-2023, 10:01 AM
what factors contribute to such attitudes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

Incal
05-14-2023, 03:04 PM
You're wrong about that dude, in terms of international tourist arrivals South America is truly pathetic (and that includes south americans visiting other south american countries), Turkey alone has multiple times the number of international tourists in a year than all South America combined.

No south American country comes close to the number of tourists of Egypt, Morocco, Tunísia or Emirates.

For the whole "Latin" America, the only country with high volume of tourists is Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

It's closer (that's Europe's curse) and hence cheaper. If the tickets did cost the same, where do you think they'd go?

Tooting Carmen
05-14-2023, 04:29 PM
It's closer (that's Europe's curse) and hence cheaper. If the tickets did cost the same, where do you think they'd go?

You could say the same about Americans and Canadians visiting Mexico in particular, and Latin America/Caribbean in general.

Incal
05-14-2023, 04:35 PM
You could say the same about Americans and Canadians visiting Mexico in particular, and Latin America/Caribbean in general.

Do you think if Turkey or Egypt did cost the same they'd go there? lol you don't know the average American: they just care about beach and party on vacation. You can't have party in muslim world: if you drink or make out you go to jail.

sanhadji
05-14-2023, 07:09 PM
i don't care of israel

Hektor12
05-14-2023, 08:06 PM
You can't have party in muslim world: if you drink or make out you go to jail.

You can if youre smart enough. Turkish technology allowed English fans to drink their beers in World Cup in Qatar.

Thanks Turkish technology

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiAYd8kXEAIFHm4?format=jpg&name=large

Incal
05-14-2023, 08:19 PM
You can if youre smart enough. Turkish technology allowed English fans to drink their beers in World Cup in Qatar.

Thanks Turkish technology

You think that's new? lol muslims

https://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/alcohol-in-bread.jpeg?auto=webp

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/sGiPvsPEgeOhj3hZim1lfQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTM2MA--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/b3dc2bd928a54f51bc30f8f49e6f77c2

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/W/IMAGERENDERING_521856-T1/images/I/812zwOe00YL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Sebastianus Rex
05-14-2023, 08:36 PM

I don't know, just telling you the facts. South (latin) American countries have a reputation for being dangerous so that would put off lots of people even if they were closer/more affordable. Besides , some Muslim tourist destinations are very expensive (like Dubai/Emirates), and south American tourists (at least Brazilians) don't pick other southern American destinations as their first choice, so it's more complex than that...
https://www.carpemundi.com.br/visitantes-brasileiros-no-exterior/

Incal
05-14-2023, 08:42 PM
I don't know, just telling you the facts. South (latin) American countries have a reputation for being dangerous so that would put off lots of people even if they were closer/more affordable. Besides , some Muslim tourist destinations are very expensive (like Dubai/Emirates), and south American tourists (at least Brazilians) don't pick other southern American destinations as their first choice, so it's more complex than that...

Dude... Buenos Aires is infested of brazilian tourists what are you talking about. That's why I don't blindly trust stats or random numbers especially since the dude who was last on the polls was elected in my country.

Sebastianus Rex
05-14-2023, 09:18 PM
Dude... Buenos Aires is infested of brazilian tourists what are you talking about. That's why I don't blindly trust stats or random numbers especially since the dude who was last on the polls was elected in my country.

The link I sent you are not polls but factual data with the number of visitors.

Buenos Aires is not particularly touristy for European standards, you'll see way much more tourists in most European capital so in BA the Brazilian tourists cause an huge impact but the hard data shows that they are not that many in comparative terms.

Derceto
05-15-2023, 11:01 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

Muslims are upset just because Israel took over Jerusalem? Personally, I'd prefer Israel to be in charge of Jerusalem rather than the Muzzie-limes. 😁

Hey, just 'cause Muhammad supposedly rode a flying horse to Jerusalem doesn't mean it automatically belongs to the Mohammedans, you know? Jerusalem's history is deep-rooted, and it's been significant for Jewish folks all along. They see themselves as descendants of the Canaanites, owning a long-standing connection to the city.

Östsvensk
05-15-2023, 04:31 PM
Muslims are upset just because Israel took over Jerusalem? Personally, I'd prefer Israel to be in charge of Jerusalem rather than the Muzzie-limes. 😁

Hey, just 'cause Muhammad supposedly rode a flying horse to Jerusalem doesn't mean it automatically belongs to the Mohammedans, you know? Jerusalem's history is deep-rooted, and it's been significant for Jewish folks all along. They see themselves as descendants of the Canaanites, owning a long-standing connection to the city.

I think the Muslims disagree with you there. Once a land has been Islamic, it will remain so until Judgement Day.

placebo
05-15-2023, 06:07 PM
Do you think if Turkey or Egypt did cost the same they'd go there? lol you don't know the average American: they just care about beach and party on vacation. You can't have party in muslim world: if you drink or make out you go to jail.

dude really fuck off or stop the trolling or take my country out of your sentences, you didn't come here even once, stupid man, wtf are you talking about? are you an idiot? turkey doesn't make any difference from europe, us, australia or any other fucking state about partying, drinking and fucking. how do you imagine turkey? are you really an idiot?

fuck you ignorant brainless latino

placebo
05-15-2023, 06:17 PM
dude really fuck off or stop the trolling or take my country out of your sentences, you didn't come here even once, stupid man, wtf are you talking about? are you an idiot? turkey doesn't make any difference from europe, us, australia or any other fucking state about partying, drinking and fucking. how do you imagine turkey? are you really an idiot?

Look at that idiot. :D He thinks we're just secretly drink alcohol and not partying etc. Probably even just only in Eskişehir (I don't count metropolitan cities such as İstanbul, İzmir) has a total of bars/nightclubs/taverns/strip clubs etc. more than his own country as whole.

It's nothing to brag about exactly but Turkey is one of the rare countries where legal prostitution is legal.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq8FHNBwFclMDuBrIFaYyz7Pp2yHDpV Rg3JA&usqp=CAU

Yes, if we fuck, they castrate us, man, because we are Muslims and there is sharia in here. :picard2: I'm really dealing with idiots.

Incal
05-15-2023, 06:20 PM

Where in my comment did I mention your country? I can't see it.

happycow
05-15-2023, 06:57 PM
Because muslims feel they are entitled to the holy land. Mecca is muslim holy land not Jerusalem.

placebo
05-15-2023, 08:52 PM
Where in my comment did I mention your country? I can't see it.

dude sorry i'm very harsh to you maybe i misunderstood and maybe i'm that harsh cuz i'm nervous of elections in here but we can accept that your posts about turkey or anti turkish posts or your generalization without knowing much about here are sometimes very annoying. still i'm sorry it's not right to speak with this language.

Incal
05-15-2023, 10:19 PM
dude sorry i'm very harsh to you maybe i misunderstood and maybe i'm that harsh cuz i'm nervous of elections in here but we can accept that your posts about turkey or anti turkish posts or your generalization without knowing much about here are sometimes very annoying. still i'm sorry it's not right to speak with this language.

No worries. I don't take the posts here personally. I hope the results go the way you are expecting but I have a pessimistic feeling that Erdogan is going to rig the elections.

Kriptc06
05-15-2023, 11:45 PM
Because of the religion first of all, and because they settled there and are progressively continuing to occupy more land, history is complex there and long.

Avicenna
02-11-2024, 07:54 PM
Why do Israeli Zionists hate gentiles?

Avicenna
02-11-2024, 07:55 PM
even if i know christians in middle east are the worthless and muslims hater with no reasons electronic flies with a false profile are very widespread in Israel so don't feed

Sacha is a legit Christian levantine and she's anti Israel I believe

eastern
02-11-2024, 07:59 PM
Within the Middle Eastern Christian communities, it is relatively uncommon to find instances of anti-Semitism or strong animosity towards Israel.

This statement itself already makes no sense as you are implying that Judaism equals Israel. Judaism as a religion does not condone settler colonialism or genocide.

Avicenna
02-11-2024, 08:33 PM
how a levantine can't be anti israel ? a significant amount of palestinians are christians but the majority live their lives outside without even a thought for gaza
Because, and I know it sounds cliche, but all you have to be is human to be anti Israel. I'll say it with my chest and I don't give a flying monkeys. Zionists can burn in hell ten times over lol.